• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Friend Jocelyn

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just happen to pop by and read all the post in this thread. So have your friend planned to quit her job in SG and raise her child in Aus? Quiting a job in SG two mths before baby is due seems like a lousy idea to many because you are gonna made your boss happy and your wallet empty for the next six mths or so. But of course her husband could well afford it. But then what does your friend's husband gonna manage his job in SG, I presumed, and the frequent wife/baby visits during pre and post natal?

she will be back in SG after giving birth. she intends to remain and fight for Singaporeans.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the point of medical care. I just have a baby son. So I know more or less about public/private care for childbirth. I stuck with the public system. I did not pay a single cent. The money I spend on are on the Peg Perego car seat, stroller and all the other items thats needed for the baby. Remember to also tell your friend Jocelyn to apply for the $5K baby bonus. I'm sure she has also worked out how to apply for the Singapore baby bonus as well. Or is that restricted if you give brith in Singapore?

PS: by the way, why don't you try and give conceive and give birth in Aussieland as well? Perhaps Jocelyn can help you with that after her experience? You mentioned that SG 30 years from now is going to be shits, perhaps giving your unborn child an alternative maybe the best as well? And don't worry about conceiving, the idea is to do it often and as regular as possible. I'm sure one will make it eventually. Also time it such that its at your "peak" period. I'll say hold off for 2 days just before your "peak" and give it a shot then.

excellent post!! Thanks.

u r correct. we shd not judge Australians based on Pauline Hanson alone.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
she will be back in SG after giving birth. she intends to remain and fight for Singaporeans.

Don't see the point. You either move with your whole family, make the best of what there is, and start anew or take the risk and stay put. Betting on too many horses normally will not get you anywhere.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the point of medical care. I just have a baby son. So I know more or less about public/private care for childbirth. I stuck with the public system. I did not pay a single cent. The money I spend on are on the Peg Perego car seat, stroller and all the other items thats needed for the baby. Remember to also tell your friend Jocelyn to apply for the $5K baby bonus. I'm sure she has also worked out how to apply for the Singapore baby bonus as well. Or is that restricted if you give brith in Singapore?

Thanks for your advice

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PS: by the way, why don't you try and give conceive and give birth in Aussieland as well? Perhaps Jocelyn can help you with that after her experience? You mentioned that SG 30 years from now is going to be shits, perhaps giving your unborn child an alternative maybe the best as well? And don't worry about conceiving, the idea is to do it often and as regular as possible. I'm sure one will make it eventually. Also time it such that its at your "peak" period. I'll say hold off for 2 days just before your "peak" and give it a shot then.

If I have a child, I will seriously consider migrating

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't see the point. You either move with your whole family, make the best of what there is, and start anew or take the risk and stay put. Betting on too many horses normally will not get you anywhere.

i dont know her exact plan.

But from what I understand, she will delivery her baby in aus and come back to SG with her baby. her baby is still an aus citizen. she will likely go back to aus with her family later in her life.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Above does not mean Singapore is bad. Singapore has very low taxes ....

The global citizen knows what is good where and when and goes for it by creating options and opportunities early. He knows what is meant by double tax avoidance treaties, the difference between an employment pass and a PR, 185 day rule etc.

Firstly, allow me to congratulate your friend, Jocelyn, for having a CHOICE. May she be blessed in whatever decision she made. May she be blessed with a smooth delivery and more important, a healthy and happy baby!

Next, Singapore has very low taxes ?

1. Would you rather pay some tax and have a higher take home or would you rather pay no tax and a lower take home for similar job?

2. Would you rather pay more tax upfront direct at source and be done with it or would you rather pay endless tax after you received you pay packet, a result of all the hidden indirect taxes?

For those who are unclear, please visit here : http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....cessful-Singles-Couples&p=1186140#post1186140

In Australia, one can buy a brand new 2012 Toyota Corolla Ascent 1.8cc automatic for less than A$23,000 and driving it for much longer than the just 10 years. The suburb mentioned in the above link is in the eastern suburb about 6 km from Sydney CBD. It is not some ulu suburb in the far west.

Thirdly, with regards to tax avoidance for a global citizen, for those who are lurking around this forum trying to find out more, my best advice is to seek a professional tax agent good enough to meet the specific needs as a global citizen. It is not as simple as employment pass and 185 days etc etc. It is much much more than that and it pays to do just that.

Having said the above, money should not be the sole and most important criteria in deciding where one is heading. Everything comes in a package. There are some plus and some minus. Most important criteria should be whether the place allows one and all at home happy. And I am very happy to be where I am now.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PS: by the way, why don't you try and give conceive and give birth in Aussieland as well?

Even if I conceive, Jocelyn's option of giving birth to my baby in aus is out for me because I m not aus PR nor aus citizen.

I am a singaporean

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Firstly, allow me to congratulate your friend, Jocelyn, for having a CHOICE. May she be blessed in whatever decision she made. May she be blessed with a smooth delivery and more important, a healthy and happy baby!

1. Would you rather pay some tax and have a higher take home or would you rather pay no tax and a lower take home for similar job?

2. Would you rather pay more tax upfront direct at source and be done with it or would you rather pay endless tax after you received you pay packet, a result of all the hidden indirect taxes?

For those who are unclear, please visit here : http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....cessful-Singles-Couples&p=1186140#post1186140

In Australia, one can buy a brand new 2012 Toyota Corolla Ascent 1.8cc automatic for less than A$23,000 and driving it for much longer than the just 10 years. The suburb mentioned in the above link is in the eastern suburb about 6 km from Sydney CBD. It is not some ulu suburb in the far west.

Thirdly, with regards to tax avoidance for a global citizen, for those who are lurking around this forum trying to find out more, my best advice is to seek a professional tax agent good enough to meet the specific needs as a global citizen. It is not as simple as employment pass and 185 days etc etc. It is much much more than that and it pays to do just that.

Having said the above, money should not be the sole and most important criteria in deciding where one is heading. Everything comes in a package. There are some plus and some minus. Most important criteria should be whether the place allows one and all at home happy. And I am very happy to be where I am now.

Thanks, great points you brought up!

There is the qualitative part abt love, compassion, care, etc which money cant compensate. These are where SG lacks far behind

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah sotong don't forget most Singaporean don't regards CPF/COE as tax also leh. Even if it goes directly into the Government coffers one way or another. I think if you scrutinised the other schemes like medishield, etc you'll find that the government has a hand in it one way or another. Its been sometimes since I did the calculation, but with CPF it'll be like 20% "tax" on top of the regular "income" tax. Don't forget NS obligations and stuff.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can try applying, there are many other threads in the emigration folder to help you with. Even Ah Sam will chip a few.

Even if I conceive, Jocelyn's option of giving birth to my baby in aus is out for me because I m not aus PR nor aus citizen.

I am a singaporean

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You never heard of surrogacy ah? A lot of rich people cannot give birth, so must hire another person to carry their embryos and carry to full term leh.

huh? ... u conceive n jocelyn got option 2 not gif birth 2 ur baby 4 u? ... :confused:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah sotong don't forget most Singaporean don't regards CPF/COE as tax also leh. Even if it goes directly into the Government coffers one way or another. I think if you scrutinised the other schemes like medishield, etc you'll find that the government has a hand in it one way or another. Its been sometimes since I did the calculation, but with CPF it'll be like 20% "tax" on top of the regular "income" tax. Don't forget NS obligations and stuff.

in addition, COEs, heavy road taxes, petrol tax, ERP, etc

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still could be interpreted that Jocelyn is going to carry your baby.

Perhaps,

I don't have the same option as Jocelyn, that is, giving birth in Aust.
perhaps my english is bad ...wld it sound rite if i were to rephrase it..

Jocelyn's option of me giving birth to my baby in aus