• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My Friend Jocelyn

Royalblood

Alfrescian
Loyal
She'll live to regret her decision when her kid starts smoking weed before moving on to the hard stuff.

yea, they all start from da weed

Also, Jocelyn must be prepared that her child will get bullied if she enroll him/ her in a white majority school

well most Asians enroll their kids in school that has a predominately Asian population for quite a number of reasons.....

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this jocelyn chia in Queensland?

Jocelyn and her hubby are in SG. But they will go next month to Aus to have her baby delivered. They plan to come back after delivery.

They are well educated and have successful careers. They are doing well financially, socially but see no future for singaporeans in SG.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Also, Jocelyn must be prepared that her child will get bullied if she enroll him/ her in a white majority school

well most Asians enroll their kids in school that has a predominately Asian population for quite a number of reasons.....

do you think Jocelyn made a wrong choice?

shd she have her baby delivered in SG?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will their baby be granted australian residency just bcos the baby is born in Australia??? if not give birth in oz for what?

Jocelyn and her hubby are in SG. But they will go next month to Aus to have her baby delivered. They plan to come back after delivery.

They are well educated and have successful careers. They are doing well financially, socially but see no future for singaporeans in SG.

akunei

Alfrescian
Loyal

In addition to this, How will the Aus citizens view this new group of new immigrant who are different from them? Will they be as accommodating as SIngaporeans in accepting FTs?
Certainly hope that the new Aus immigrants will not be viewed as Foreign Trash by the locals over there.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In addition to this, How will the Aus citizens view this new group of new immigrant who are different from them? Will they be as accommodating as SIngaporeans in accepting FTs?
Certainly hope that the new Aus immigrants will not be viewed as Foreign Trash by the locals over there.

Singaporeans can fit into Aus society well unlike PRCs who cant speak basic english.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait this doesn't make sense. Has she made a booking at the hospital in Aust? Public or Private? When does she intend to travel? Is there no restrictions on travel if you are pregnant? Why is she taking such a risk of traveling while she is pregnant? Are you trolling the forum? THere is no Jocelyn?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wait this doesn't make sense. Has she made a booking at the hospital in Aust? Public or Private? When does she intend to travel? Is there no restrictions on travel if you are pregnant? Why is she taking such a risk of traveling while she is pregnant? Are you trolling the forum? THere is no Jocelyn?

I dont know which hospital she is going to in Perth for her baby delivery.

she is due in Nov and she intends to travel next month

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is she taking such a risk of traveling while she is pregnant? Are you trolling the forum? THere is no Jocelyn?

what risk is she taking? why shd i troll? u dont believe me that I hv a friend Jocelyn who is gg to aus to hv her baby delivered?

akunei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans can fit into Aus society well unlike PRCs who cant speak basic english.

This a a view that is too simplistic. You think too highly about the ability to speak English. I think this is one reason why u are a mono linguist.

U really think that as long as one can speak the right language, he/she can blend in perfectly in a foreign land? In local context, you think the anti Ft sentiment is caused by the language issue? Not forgetting that some FT has the same color skin as us. How about your friend?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This a a view that is too simplistic. You think too highly about the ability to speak English. I think this is one reason why u are a mono linguist.

U really think that as long as one can speak the right language, he/she can blend in perfectly in a foreign land? In local context, you think the anti Ft sentiment is caused by the language issue? Not forgetting that some FT has the same color skin as us. How about your friend?

Yes, I know that Singaporeans can blend in better in aus than PRCs.

You dont agree?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

are you suggesting that Jocelyn cant travel in sep if she is due in Nov?

marineblue911

Alfrescian
Loyal
From what I know, airlines decline to hv ladies in their third trimester fly unless accompanied with an obstetrician's letter. However, this should be easy to obtain.

It is frankly a good idea n decision. However, she needs to get a passport for her newborn before they can fly back.

I thought of this too when we were planning for my son. But in the end, the effort and logistics did not seem worth it to me as the child may still ultimately want to be a Singapore Citizen due to his roots and his friends. The only benefit would be that he skips NS and reservist. But if he work overseas etc, he would also be exempt from reservist. So the real gain is subjective. But the logistical trauma during the last trimester as well as the post natal period is quite siong.

Ultimately wife n I decided to just keep it simple and deliver here and let him be a SC. If he decides to study abroad and henceforth work overseas, then he can make that choice for himself. Afterall, I do not see myself right now being permanently in Aust.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read Marinesblue post. That was what I was referring to. Its the year of the Dragon, most hospital are already full as it is. I don't know what arrangement your friend has made but they better be some. Where is she going to stay? You don't expect her to travel immediately after birth back right? Hiring a mid-wife is expensive here as well, cost like $3-5K a month, and that is not including the accommodation and food you have to provide for her.

are you suggesting that Jocelyn cant travel in sep if she is due in Nov?