• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My best friend is saddLed with $60k credit cards' debt; how shouLd i heLp..

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still best friends....until time for the first installment of repayment

oh normally friend pay the first installment, but soon after that, there will be incident, like my parent sick, lose my job, getting married etc, then you cannot find him.

Gigo88

Alfrescian
Loyal
i guarantee you , he will not be your best friend after you lend him the money.

Speaking from personal experience, the friendship is definitely gone no matter what happened.

About 8 years ago, a closed friend requested for 5k loan to settle a court case. I say no, mainly because he has not take on a proper job for years. I gave him $500 instead, and told him that it is OK even if he did not return this money. After taking the money, he sarcastically told me that our friendship (going back to 1980s) is worth only $500! This same friend has previously borrowed $10k from me for a business venture, and has repaid all of the 10k.

A few years ago, another close friend borrowed 15k from me. I lend him the money because he has helped me in many ways (non-monetary in nature) and also he has a stable job. After repaying a few K, he stopped paying giving many reasons. I accepted those reasons, but as the non-payment drags on for more than a year, I again start demanding that he pays me whatever he can afford each month. Since then, he has paid a few hundreds each month, and still owes me a few k. Our friendship has definitely cooled down, and we hardly contact each other except regarding the payments.

So either way, once a close friend request a loan of significant amounts, the friendship is fxxx no matter what you do.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If really wanna help, do it to a point that it will not affect your daily living, family expenses and furture planning.

Meaning, really using your spare money.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
A fool and his money are soon parted. He ought to study English idioms first before playing with money and credit cards.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the fuck are you talking about? Did CSJ physically spend the money he was sued for? :oIo:

CSJ used his mouth to create his own debt just that unlike countries where there is a law on FREE SPEECH, CSJ probably thought that such law applies here as well. LOL

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh normally friend pay the first installment, but soon after that, there will be incident, like my parent sick, lose my job, getting married etc, then you cannot find him.

Fishpie should seek Alamaking's advice. He has a similar experience of lending money. I, too, had loaned someone equivalent to a two-month's salary decades back. With interest, it could be a tidy sum today, after 30-40 years? The guy just ran-road and disappeared from this earth.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fishpie should seek Alamaking's advice. He has a similar experience of lending money. I, too, had loaned someone equivalent to a two-month's salary decades back. With interest, it could be a tidy sum today, after 30-40 years? The guy just ran-road and disappeared from this earth.
A fucktard owed me a 5 figure sum......when AWOLed on me......went to his place the family claimed no money this and that excuses alot want to threaten suicide.....damn yaya ask me every month $50 take it or leave it......that was in 1993.....till today still tt to me every month without fail......by my calculations still got 15 years to go....

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how many money line accounts can you open at once?
if you are talking about LMLs then depends on your 'record'.....record no good still got ways around it.......LMLs now number in the hundreds (though some are linked).......20-30 is not a problem.
besides LML there are other ways for a near bankrupt to get money.......

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A fucktard owed me a 5 figure sum......when AWOLed on me......went to his place the family claimed no money this and that excuses alot want to threaten suicide.....damn yaya ask me every month $50 take it or leave it......that was in 1993.....till today still tt to me every month without fail......by my calculations still got 15 years to go....

Never take inflation into account? :confused: Machiam collecting ringgit now, another few years later become rupiah value liao. :biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When a person's own relative also dun want to help him, this guy is likely to have serious character problem. Help him at your own risk.

Likely that your 60K is burned once you pass it to him. Ask him to sell his asset first.

hi there

1. one thing i learnt it hard!
2. lending the amount is easy, getting it back is imposible.
3. honest, i had experienced this.
4. literally write it off my books.
5. but whenever i meet the creep!
6. @#$%&*^%$$#

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
7. and that ingrate is still so arrogant!

hi there

1. one thing i learnt it hard!
2. lending the amount is easy, getting it back is imposible.
3. honest, i had experienced this.
4. literally write it off my books.
5. but whenever i meet the creep!
6. @#$%&*^%$$#

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no idea how much he earns so depending on his income $60k may or may not be a huge amount. I'd think the best thing for him to do is to talk to the banks. Banks wouldnt want to make their customers bankrupt if they could help it. They're more likely to re-structure the loans over a longer period. This is the best option for anyone with dignity to solve his own problems.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

30-40 years ago? I had a similar situation then...... Was this guy working for the only telco company and his initials QKH ? If so, this QKH is now back home in Kulai, JB.