• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Moving to China for good

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cool down John .... you are rude.

China is cracking down on corruption for its 60th anniversary of the founding of the commies - but when you have corruption from the bottom up. This effort will be in vain.

Currently, the Chinese are stimulating the economy by giving away money, 95% to the state-own enterprises. Guess what are these enterprises doing with the money?

It is nice to know that China is doing away with execution with bullet (and billed to the victim family) They are more advanced now - lethal injections.

corruption from bottom up???U are either a bloody fucking nerd as your name imply, or u just came back from a shit-hole....hello, i think is corruption from top down right...
there are so many pp from the rural areas force to go to beijing to voice their complains just becasue their local govt and authorities are not serving the LAW....

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some intent myself. But if you plan to have kids, then it may not be a good environment to bring up your kids.

Was reading the Chinese papers last nite and saw this news about the actor Gallen Lo who is moving to Beijing China for good.

Actually had some thoughts of moving to China after a few years and taking on a job there in Cities like Chong Qing and Cheng Du since SG investing heavily there these few years. Not thinking of going to Guangdong (ZH, SZ) as it is quite messy there while BJ and SH are too expensive

With the exchange rate difference, if we can secure a job with the same kinda pay here, then we should be quite comfortable there.

Perhaps I should consider being a consultant there or something.

Anyone have thoughts about this.

中国Power

Alfrescian
Loyal
He look like someone i know in china

for $10k-$20k... you can look for tong hyui koh.. he can be found in the delphiforums as cheapjustice (now defunct) or pylae or ahbengsomg.. he may even lurking around here.. :biggrin::biggrin:

2vnqj5y.jpg

maozedong

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all overseas Chinese comrades, your motherland China beckons and welcomes you!

Although I am no more, my successors always make it a point to address overseas Chinese when making their Chinese National Day speech.

Re-unification of all Chinese in the world. One country for all Chinese in the world.
This century will be the Chinese century! Yankees go eat dog shit!

革命万岁

Last edited:

optimusprime

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you nuts? Why would anyone want to move to China, a third world shithole with no human rights, where even Youtube is filtered? Millions of Chinese are desperately moving out and you want to move to China permanently?

To all overseas Chinese comrades, your motherland China beckons and welcomes you!

Although I am no more, my successors always make it a point to address overseas Chinese when making their Chinese National Day speech.

Re-unification of all Chinese in the world. One country for all Chinese in the world.
This century will be the Chinese century! Yankees go eat dog shit!

革命万岁

You must be crazy. Go stay in your third world shithole and eat some contaminated noodles and die. Scum. Lets hope the Yanks nuke you guys when you try and start a war with them. Boom, right in the middle of Beijing, blowing up all the stupid wooden Buddha figures, Fengshui crystals, quack doctors, herbal tea BS, scammers, robbers, gangsters and last but not least, you disgusting Chinese people.

XiSd Tay

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did! Im in china but my soul still in Sinkapore.

I'm fighting the sinkapore cause from China.

Are you nuts? Why would anyone want to move to China, a third world shithole with no human rights, where even Youtube is filtered? Millions of Chinese are desperately moving out and you want to move to China permanently?

You must be crazy. Go stay in your third world shithole and eat some contaminated noodles and die. Scum. Lets hope the Yanks nuke you guys when you try and start a war with them. Boom, right in the middle of Beijing, blowing up all the stupid wooden Buddha figures, Fengshui crystals, quack doctors, herbal tea BS, scammers, robbers, gangsters and last but not least, you disgusting Chinese people.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree. I went to China several times and I think their living conditions is quite poor.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder what business you can start with S$20K nowadays in China?

However, I am not so worried about losing money in business. With just 20K, business associates and licence bureaus will be looking down on you (These guys talk millions nowadays) and essentially ignore you.

I am more worried about the vultures and cons that will swoop down on you because they know you are a first-timer/inexperienced to want to start with 20-40K. Believe me, these vultures will come down hard and fast even before you're aware of it!

Fully agree with you, bro Non_Elite.

Even 20k (~RMB 105k) can only be used to last you 2 wks of KTV/SPA entertainment, with dinner with those licensing officials and related links. Can easily burn RMB 10k per day.

My frd and his few frds literally burn SGD 15k each for staying 3 mths in dalian. In the end, nothing comes out of it and returned with emtpy hands.

Those who strike it rich in the late 1990s-2000s, mostly do illegal business (example immigration visas to Japan, UK, and middle east countries, opening unlicensed coal mines). My wife's relatives earned billions of RMB joint-venturing with some others to open up petrol stations in xiamen and other parts of cities in Fujian.

In order to conduct business in china, 关系 with the right people is vital.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone have thoughts about this.

A friend of mine said he was moving to China for good. Said something about cost of living there being cheaper etc etc. I told him it only applies if you compare SG income with Chinese cost of living. If you go China and earn Chinese wages, it's more exp then SG

He didn't listen and moved to Chengdu for 3 years. Now he's back in SG reason being, place is too bloody expensive.

If your reason for migration = SG too expensive, I'd advise U to stay put.

I agree. I went to China several times and I think their living conditions is quite poor.

Depends on where you go actually but the places where living condition = good also = insanely expensive

Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do steamboat business, let local front it. Many can make money. Main expense is rental.

Fully agree with you, bro Non_Elite.

Even 20k (~RMB 105k) can only be used to last you 2 wks of KTV/SPA entertainment, with dinner with those licensing officials and related links. Can easily burn RMB 10k per day.

My frd and his few frds literally burn SGD 15k each for staying 3 mths in dalian. In the end, nothing comes out of it and returned with emtpy hands.

Those who strike it rich in the late 1990s-2000s, mostly do illegal business (example immigration visas to Japan, UK, and middle east countries, opening unlicensed coal mines). My wife's relatives earned billions of RMB joint-venturing with some others to open up petrol stations in xiamen and other parts of cities in Fujian.

In order to conduct business in china, 关系 with the right people is vital.

optimusprime

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is not just poor, it is sub-human. Only Mandarin speaking illiterates would come up with such a stupid idea as moving to China when every Singaporean is desperately trying to avoid that country and its ideals.

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not just poor, it is sub-human. Only Mandarin speaking illiterates would come up with such a stupid idea as moving to China when every Singaporean is desperately trying to avoid that country and its ideals.

I agree with you even I am in Shanghai I also do not like the city lifestyle maybe for work I have no choice.

If considering moving out of SG, I may like to try Australia or New Zealand. Presently I am looking for an agent who help me on applying long term visa to these two countries.

Last edited:

williamwindsor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you even I am in Shanghai I also do not like the city lifestyle maybe for work I have no choice.

If considering moving out of SG, I may like to try Australia or New Zealand. Presently I am looking for an agent who help me on applying long term visa to these two countries.

Maybe you should consider learning English grammar so you can communicate with the locals in both of those countries. Non English speaking migrants have a hard time finding jobs and making friends in Oceania.

shane002

Moving to China can be quite daunting. ... currently undergoing social and economic development and a great deal of money is being invested.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just to add something. I am sure you guys remember the sinkie actress wong li lin who married that ABC guy daniel i think. I have forgotten his name but he used to act in some channel 8 drama serials speaking bad mandarin cos he was born in the US and he's some type of bodybuilder i think. Anyway he and li lin and their children all moved to beijing i think to start a new career. I think it has something to do with TV and acting. Anyway they don't really speak good mandarin but they still moved to china anyway.