• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2013/2014

Kiessling

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

See my header. Who else can score with a header through a hole into the side netting?
biggrin.gif
And no it's not a fluke.
biggrin.gif

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/02U9VvDfNqc?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DrvfZvPiWg8?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Truth be told, Saints deserve draw with better performance (especially 2nd half). Wtf, send in ROD Giggs, Wellback and Smalling (defender)? Fellaini has proven to be fringe player previous games and tonight

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
as i expected, a draw......................

using 40-yr-old Giggs as substitute.....................pure genius from Moyes................

looks like Man Utd will finish outside top 6 too....................

jw5

Loyal
See my header. Who else can score with a header through a hole into the side netting?
biggrin.gif
And no it's not a fluke.
biggrin.gif

The linesmen aka assistant referees are supposed to check the nets before the start of each half.
Looks like this match may be replayed, there was a precedent for a Bayern Munich match a few years ago.

jw5

Loyal
Oh dear...what are the odds on Moyes lasting the season?
Time to put some money on. :biggrin:

Moyes will last the season and a few more, but Man Utd may not qualify for champions league this season.
The Man Utd board will stick with Mousey Moyes becos Fergie was in an even worse situation when he first took over.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Moyes will last the season and a few more, but Man Utd may not qualify for champions league this season.
The Man Utd board will stick with Mousey Moyes becos Fergie was in an even worse situation when he first took over.

that was when Man Utd was really crappy when the Old Fart took over..........

they won't fire Moyes becoz they'll have to pay him a lot when he kana fired............until the club lose more money by not being in Champs League for 2 seasons in a row then they'll fire him

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The substitutions Moyes made last night was bewildering to say the least. He put another striker in when we were leading, moved Adnan to the right and in the last few minutes brought Smalling on as center back with Jones moving to a defensive midfield role. Thought the two center backs were doing ok until......

Rooney had a horrendous game giving away the ball constantly and one almost led to an early goal. Moyes didn't have the guts to sub this thug until the 85th minute. Welbeck's performance as usual was poor. Sigh.....tactical blunder cost us the match.

Bring back Meulenstein and Phelan. They can't do any worse than the clowns from Merseyside.:mad:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Things are a lot different these days to when SAF took over as manager. Revenue, advertising and CL qualification, I think, mean a lot more since the EPL started in1992.
Even if Moyes has the backing of the Glaziers, it's important to have the backing of the fans, sponsors and TV broadcasters (who are responsible for the bulk of their revenue).

Money talks in today's game and if fans don't buy shirts and broadcasters don't pay CL television rights, their hand may be forced. We shouldn't under-estimate 'fan' power. Look what happen to Benitez and Man Utd's global fan base is huge.

Aside from the poor performances, there's rumor on the grapevine that certain players are not happy with Moyes training regime, especially RvP, who has claimed it has made him more prone to injury.

Interesting times ahead at Old Trafford.:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Things are a lot different these days to when SAF took over as manager. Revenue, advertising and CL qualification, I think, mean a lot more since the EPL started in1992.
Even if Moyes has the backing of the Glaziers, it's important to have the backing of the fans, sponsors and TV broadcasters (who are responsible for the bulk of their revenue).

Money talks in today's game and if fans don't buy shirts and broadcasters don't pay CL television rights, their hand may be forced. We shouldn't under-estimate 'fan' power. Look what happen to Benitez and Man Utd's global fan base is huge.

Aside from the poor performances, there's rumor on the grapevine that certain players are not happy with Moyes training regime, especially RvP, who has claimed it has made him more prone to injury.

Interesting times ahead at Old Trafford.:biggrin:

I'm confident that mousey moyesy will get to stay at least until the end of next season, whatever the performances and results. :biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the ball hadn't gone in, bringing on Smalling would look like a stroke of genius. The fact of the matter is,DM made a tactical change by bringing on a third striker, hoping against hope that they could get a second goal. In the last 5 minutes or thereabouts, Smalling came on and Moyes played Smalling as CD and move Jones in defensive midfield, taking over Fellaini. In so many words, Gollum made a U turn from an attacking formation to a defensive one within a matter of minutes.

4-1-3-2 or the 4-4-2 formation has served the team very well in the past. If the lack of goals was DM's concern, making one poor decision after another isn't going to help, not for the players and certainly not the club. We were leading by one and why would we need another striker? We could have so easily catch them on the counter as Pochettino was taking a calculated risk by committing players in our half. If anything, he should have substituted one or both of the misfiring strikers.

Up until the final sub, I thot Evans and Jones held up well. Then the 'mysterious' change had to come. If Moyes's intention was to defend, leave Fellaini in midfield and bring on Valencia who could have provided cover for Rafael, spread Carrick and Fellaini in the middle and leave Adnan on the left. If that isn't enough play with one striker and bring on another midfielder.

Methinks the pressure is getting to DM and I wouldn't be surprise if he returns to the same old water hole to bring a couple of his former players to OT this January. Granted we cannot possibly attack, attack, attack but he could at least deploy them with a more balance approach.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hope Man Utd play Bayern in Champs League soon..............they might not even want to finish top 4 after that.........scared next season kana jialat jialat again

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the ball hadn't gone in, bringing on Smalling would look like a stroke of genius. The fact of the matter is,DM made a tactical change by bringing on a third striker, hoping against hope that they could get a second goal. In the last 5 minutes or thereabouts, Smalling came on and Moyes played Smalling as CD and move Jones in defensive midfield, taking over Fellaini. In so many words, Gollum made a U turn from an attacking formation to a defensive one within a matter of minutes.

4-1-3-2 or the 4-4-2 formation has served the team very well in the past. If the lack of goals was DM's concern, making one poor decision after another isn't going to help, not for the players and certainly not the club. We were leading by one and why would we need another striker? We could have so easily catch them on the counter as Pochettino was taking a calculated risk by committing players in our half. If anything, he should have substituted one or both of the misfiring strikers.

Up until the final sub, I thot Evans and Jones held up well. Then the 'mysterious' change had to come. If Moyes's intention was to defend, leave Fellaini in midfield and bring on Valencia who could have provided cover for Rafael, spread Carrick and Fellaini in the middle and leave Adnan on the left. If that isn't enough play with one striker and bring on another midfielder.

Methinks the pressure is getting to DM and I wouldn't be surprise if he returns to the same old water hole to bring a couple of his former players to OT this January. Granted we cannot possibly attack, attack, attack but he could at least deploy them with a more balance approach.

agonising game to watch. KNN, toothless performance, all attacks coming from left - only Juanjaz performing, nothing on the right. Nani having day off...the Juanzaj delivered a good pass, good reaction from RvP although Rooney played his part to 'block' the goalie.

then instead of adding attacking players to increase lead, stupid Moyes go to defend mode ...i suspect he still behaving like he is managing Everton. CCB, this season, they only won once at O.T - WTF, playing at home is like playing away. Someone pls call moyes to remind him, now home is O.T not Goodison Park.

Put a old man Giggs there for fuck? Put Chicaritho iso Giggs lah, push Rooney into midfield.

Times are different, i hope he gets sacked by end of season. We need someone who has experience in big games, know how to react tactically. Not a Moyes who still think he is managing Preston North End and behaving as such.

Since when Man U starts defending 1-0 except during major games like CL?