• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2013/2014

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no worry lah...............

with Moyes around, Man Utd will win title for sure...................

the League Championship title lor....................

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd boss Moyes: Fantastic Kagawa showed me something tonight

Manchester United boss David Moyes says Shinji Kagawa's performance was the best he's seen from the Japanese.

Kagawa was excellent this season in United's 1-0 win over Real Sociedad on Wednesday night.

"I thought it was Shinji's best game in my time here," Moyes said.

"He hadn't really found his feet yet but I saw something from Shinji tonight which I hadn't seen in other games, so I was really pleased.

"His effort when we didn't have the ball was fantastic. With Shinji, everybody tells me about his ability and what he has got, but tonight is the first time I’ve really seen Shinji.

"I thought when we put him into the no.10 role, and even after it, he was good with Wayne. His attitude and energy were excellent and I was pleased for him."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/man-utd-boss-moyes-fantastic-kagawa-showed-me-something-tonight-3987198#.UmjKZp2wprR

**************************************************************************************************************************

There you go Kagawa. Well done!

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Laudrup: Fergie wrong to lift lid

Michael Laudrup believes Sir Alex Ferguson was wrong to lift the lid on his dealings with some of his former players in his autobiography

David Beckham and Roy Keane were among the ex-Manchester United players to come in for criticism from Ferguson as the Scot made public the goings-on in the Old Trafford dressing room during his trophy-laden tenure.

But Swansea manager Laudrup does not believe it is fair to reveal behind-the-scenes events, particularly when managers customarily demand loyalty to the group from their players."I think that when you are part of a football team it is group," he said. "That means the players and the staff, including the manager and all that administration................................

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8988118/Michael-Laudrup

*****************************************************************************************************************

Rodgers: Sir lacked 'old school ethics'

Brendan Rodgers has chipped in to the discussion around Sir Alex Ferguson's autobiography.

Ferguson had some scathing comments about some former players, in particular Roy Keane, in his book which is released this week.

Keane responded, claiming that Ferguson didn't know the meaning of the word 'loyalty', and Rodgers was asked about the topic when being interviewed by Talksport.

"Anyone who's been in football knows that whatever is said behind closed doors and in the changing room is something you wouldn't want to hear again," Rodgers told the radio station.

"It's something that's vitally important. You want to know as a human being that you can speak openly and communication is honest, and hopefully wouldn't get repeated.................................................

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/8988369/Brendan-Rodgers

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moyes finally got his substitutions right. Should have taken Nani out before half time though as his form and play acting was simply dreadful.

United should look for a central defender and a midfield general in January. Evans was clueless and Jones was caught out of position on numerous occasion. We were lucky that Stoke did not capitalize on the chances they created in the first half, in part due to the heroics of De Gea. Smalling was atrocious in defence and didn't provide the support in attack at all. Dun know what the fark is wrong with him but he certainly did not live up to his potential since he joined the club.Should try recruiting Mangala from FC Porto. It would be nice to see him play with Vidic.

Roon should play in midfield as it gives the team more balance in the absence of Scholes. At least do it until they find a suitable replacement. RA will be happy to know that his favorite Dutch midfielder may be wearing the colors of United after all.

There were loud cheers when Januzaj came on in place of Nani. The lad should play in the first eleven.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
United rule out director of football role to help Moyes

Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward insists there is no chance a director of football will be brought in to work with boss David Moyes.

Moyes and Woodward were criticised for their efforts in the last transfer window, which included failed bids for several players and ended with only Marouane Fellaini arriving at Old Trafford.

With both Moyes and Woodward new to their roles, it has been suggested United might consider hiring a senior figure to help in the transfer market.

Manchester City, with Txiki Begiristain, and Tottenham, with Franco Baldini, have both successfully brought in directors of football to work with their managers.

But Woodward is adamant it is not in United's plans as the club trusts Moyes to get it right.

"We don't have a director of football because we back the manager," Woodward told United We Stand.

"We don't want the manager to be a hired gun for the next two or three years. We want the next generation to enjoy having him there creating his own legacy.

"When a scout recommends a brilliant right-back or a coach recommends one from our academy, we want the manager to weigh up what is right for the team.

"He can decide. He is the football expert."

Moyes did not begin work until July 1, after United had opted against buying the Scot out of his Everton contract, reducing the time available to bring in new players.

As a consequence, Marouane Fellaini, who had reportedly been available for £23.5 million prior to July 31, was the only significant purchase at a cost of £27.5 million from Everton.

Woodward acknowledged United had a tough time in the transfer market, but he said the club didn't want to sign players in advance of Moyes arriving.

"It was disappointing that we didn't sign more players but I always knew it was going to be a tough window," said Woodward.

"As a club, we didn't want to impose a plan on the new manager that had come from the old manager.

"I know other clubs have done that across the Premier League, where a director of football has bought players even before the new manager has arrived.

"We didn't want to do that. He (Moyes) has the same power that Alex did.".............................................................

http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/news/united-rule-director-football-role-help-moyes-143439642--spt.html

*****************************************************************************************************************

Last edited:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun dismiss the role of a football director just yet especially now that we have a new manager at the helm. The timing could not have been better. In fact there are more positives and as far as the downside risk is concerned, its over exaggerated.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man U will finish no higher than 6th this season.................maybe sway sway even 8th behind Everton and Southampton

You flatter David moyes Man U will finish 12 to 17 if they r struggling at home to west brom. Shampton n stoke, u can imagine when ars pool n spurs come calling. In fact I doubt they can manage Everton now.

And we see Westwood spilling crocodile tears abt a dismal transfer window

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You flatter David moyes Man U will finish 12 to 17 if they r struggling at home to west brom. Shampton n stoke, u can imagine when ars pool n spurs come calling. In fact I doubt they can manage Everton now.

don't make me happy leh.................wasted lah, Stoke can't get a draw..............Mark Hughes kelong to old club lah...........expect Hull to lie down too since coach is Steve Bruce...........

that's how Old Fergie won so many titles over the years.................go check the results if don't believe me..............clubs managed by former Man Utd players like Bruce, Hughes, Robson and Keane all lost to Man Utd..............virtually all the time.............

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You really see Man U very no up..........

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anderson told he can leave Man Utd

Anderson has been informed by Manchester United boss David Moyes he can leave the club.

The Daily Star says the midfielder is not part of Moyes's plans and will be sold in the next transfer window.

Old Trafford bosses are desperate to get him off the wage bill - and United will listen to offers in the region of £8m for the 25-year-old.

A club source said: "Anderson isn't up to the standards required. He just hasn't fulfilled his potential. If someone makes a decent bid for him in January he will be sold."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/anderson-told-he-can-leave-man-utd-3988080#.UnBSGp2wprQ

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Manchester United to battle AC Milan for 'Patrice Evra replacement' Faouzi Ghoulam

Reports in Italy suggest that AC Milan are also interested in Ghoulam, who was the subject of a failed bid from Torino in the summer and was linked with moves to Liverpool and Queens Park Rangers.

However, the 22-year-old still bears the scars from the failed negotiations with Torino and is refusing to get ahead of himself.

Instead, the Algerian international claims he is solely focussed on helping Saint Etienne.

He told Sky Sports: "I would love to finish the season here now, it has been a very difficult time for me in the summer with the Torino affair.

"Manchester United? You are always flattered when such a big club is linked with you but I do not want to dream, the reality is to give 100 per-cent for St Etienne and see what will happen next."

Ghoulam has played his entire career with Les Verts having joined the club as a seven-year-old and has become an important player at the Ligue 1 club since making his debut in 2010.

Manchester United have been heavily linked with a rebuffed offer for Everton's Leighton Baines in January, but may instead turn to Ghoulam if a deal cannot be reached with the Toffees.

Manchester United are also considering a new offer for Leighton Baines

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...n-for-Patrice-Evra-replacement-Faouzi-Ghoulam

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cradle snatcher? :p

Manchester United close in on deal to sign David Beckham’s son Brooklyn

Manchester United are on the cusp of having another Beckham in their ranks – with the club close to signing David’s son Brooklyn Beckham.

The 14-year-old, who has been training with Chelsea and QPR in recent weeks, is undergoing a trial with United ahead of signing a contract with them in the new year.

Brooklyn has made no secret of his interest in becoming a footballer, having previously played for the LA Galaxy academy whilst his father was a player there.

And it’s now thought the youngster will follow his dad in signing for United, with coaching staff believed to be impressed with what they’ve seen from him so far.

Beckham senior was spotted dropping his son off at the club’s Carrington training ground on Thursday, where he was looked after by two of Beckham’s former team-mates – Nick Butt and Paul Scholes.

The duo are now youth team coaches with the Red Devils, and it’s thought that they are reporting back to dad David on Brooklyn’s progress.

Bookmakers are already offering odds of 12-1 that Brooklyn will go on to play for England, with those odds set to be cut if a deal is completed to join the Premier League champions in the coming weeks.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/31/manch...-to-sign-david-beckhams-son-brooklyn-4169342/

Last edited: