• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2008/2009 SIGN IN HERE!!!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Liverpool and Manchester United are level on points with Liverpool having goal difference advantage. However, Liverpool has 5 games left while Manchester United has 7 games left. It's quite hard to imagine Manchester United losing more points than Liverpool from now.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, another spot-on analysis and prediction from our very own resident football pundit, Tohari Pajain wanna-be, Mr Gall-Inflated-ego. Must be hurting inside for this "FAKE" Man Utd supporter that Man Utd are closing in on yet another league title.

You feelin' the pain?:biggrin::biggrin:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope Man Utd finish the league season in style.

Man Utd to win by 1-0, Berbatov will score and all that penalty bullshit baloney will be forgotten.:smile:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: MU vs Spurs preview

Will red devils snare visiting cockerels, and put title chase to bed?
Mother of comebacks, shades of repeating 2001's. With 1st half scoreline, had thought it was a lost cause. 4 goals in 14mins. goodness:biggrin:

Also closing gap on goals diff

Last edited:

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like you got your wish Wazza...hats off to Fergie and his lads, the 2nd half was a demolition job:cool:

One of the best ever comebacks IN HISTORY!
Amazing game to watch to be honest, great second half team display in terms of attacking football.
This is why its great to be a united fan!

THE RED DEVILS ARE STILL MARCHING ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN
TO A RECORD-EQUALLING 18TH LEAGUE TITLE!!

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
A TRUE UNITED LEGEND!!
That DJ bully don't even come close to Mr Giggs achievement.

It’s taken 18 seasons of hard work and dedication, but Ryan Giggs has finally been given the recognition he deserves. According to The guardian he was awarded the Professional Footballers’ Association’s player of the year award in front of his peers tonight after fighting off competition from team mates Edwin Van der Sar, Cristiano Ronaldo, Patrice Evra, Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic.

PFA Player of the Year Ryan Giggs
Giggs is the most decorated footballer in English football history, so it’s a surprise that he’s never won it before. With 10 league titles to his name you would imagine his performances on United’s left wing would have been worthy of winning the award long before today. After winning the young players’ award twice, you could tell this was the one that mattered to him.

“It’s right up there, with personal accolades it’s the best to have as it’s voted by your fellow players. I’ve been fortunate to win a lot of trophies, I won the young player award twice but this is the big one.” Giggs told the guardian

Giggs also paid tribute to the man that has helped him the most throughout his career, Sir Alex Ferguson.
“The manager has been massive in my career from when I first met him when I was 13,” Giggs said. “That’s over 20 years and he knows me better than anyone and our relationship has been brilliant and just gets better. I’ve been so fortunate to have such a great career in so many great teams, it’s not even worth thinking about what it would have been like without the manager.”

Giggs will be looking to add to his already impressive trophy haul this season, with United firm favourites in the Premier League and still in the semi finals of the Champions League.
Career honours:

* Premier League (10): 1992-93, 1993-94, 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-2000, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2006-07, 2007-08
* FA Cup (4): 1993-94, 1995-96, 1998-99, 2003-04
* Football League Cup (3): 1991-92, 2005-06, 2008-09
* FA Community Shield (7): 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2008
* UEFA Champions League (2): 1998-99, 2007-08
* UEFA Super Cup (1): 1991
* Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999
* FIFA Club World Cup (1): 2008

Individual Honours:

* PFA Player of the Year: 2009

* PFA Young Player of the Year: 1992, 1993
* Bravo Award: 1993
* BBC Wales Sports Personality of the Year: 1996
* Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year Award: 1997-98
* Intercontinental Cup Man of the Match: 1999[29]
* Premier League Team of the Decade: 2003[30]
* English Football Hall of Fame: 2005
* Wales Player of the Year Award: 1996, 2006
* FA Premier League Player of the Month: September 1993, August 2006, February 2007
* PFA Team Of The Century: 2007[4]
* PFA Team of the Year: 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 2001, 2007
* Only Manchester United player to have played in all ten Premier League-winning teams and only player to win 10 league titles
* Only Manchester United player to have played in all three League Cup-winning teams
* Only player to have scored in eleven consecutive Champions League tournaments
* Only player to have scored in thirteen different Champions League tournaments
* Only player to have scored in every Premier League campaign since its inception

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember Kleberson? :smile:

Yeah but just compare that with Argentinians and Uruguayan.Veron and Forlan were disasters and the jury is still out where Tevez is concerned. Alot would depend on how much they pay for his services.
Top marks for his high workrate but I dun think he's cut out for Utd. Having said that I was told he is very popular with the OT faithfuls.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah but just compare that with Argentinians and Uruguayan.Veron and Forlan were disasters and the jury is still out where Tevez is concerned. Alot would depend on how much they pay for his services.
Top marks for his high workrate but I dun think he's cut out for Utd. Having said that I was told he is very popular with the OT faithfuls.

Oh yes the other Argentinian is Gabriel Heinze. Impressive first season.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well Harry R would probably beg to disagree:wink::p...but like I said before, I try to keep it real in here...and regardless of whether United got the rub of the green, the up tempo transformation in the 2nd half was clear to all to see...Spurs just crumbled to pieces after Ronny's penalty...wonder though what would have happened if Gomez had stayed put and saved that kick instead because Ronny sure looked tense?...ah wishful thinking on my part I guess:biggrin:

Anyways rather then get rid of Tevez I think United should get rid of Berba instead. Oh and btw why the change back to Georgie's pic in your avatar?

PS. Read with interest that Kaka may be joinning United in the summer if Ronny goes to Real, boy you guys sure do get the pick of the crop eh!

One of the best ever comebacks IN HISTORY!
Amazing game to watch to be honest, great second half team display in terms of attacking football.
]

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't forget Jemba Jemba:biggrin: