• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United 2008/2009 SIGN IN HERE!!!

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rio Ferdinand Takes Positives From Manchester United's Wembley Defeat
The Red Devils skipper thinks that the youngsters did well...

Manchester United skipper Rio Ferdinand hailed the performances of the youngsters who were deployed by manager Alex Ferguson in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley today as one of the few positives the Mancunians can take from the game.

Everton triumphed on penalties after the match finished goalless after extra-time, but Ferdinand insists that the Red Devils must not let the pain of defeat cloud their judgement for vital forthcoming tests, both domestic and continental.

"You can't win everything on penalties and we've been very fortunate in the last couple of years to win quite a few shoot-outs, and you can't always win them," he told Sky Sports.

"It's disappointing today, but there are some very good positives we can take out of the game in terms of obviously not the result, but the young lads showed themselves to be worthy of playing in the Man Utd shirt.

"Lads like Welbeck, the two twins [Rafael and Fabio], Gibbo [Darron Gibson], all of them. Kiko [Federico Macheda] as well, he's 17 years old.

"In that respect you can take the positives, although it's never nice to lose a semi-final."

Ferguson did not want to risk the fitness of some of his senior players, after seeing how the Wembley pitch cut up during yesterday's semi-final between Chelsea and Arsenal, and subsequently named a clutch of youngsters in his line-up.

Ferdinand insisted that it was the right thing for the manager to do, with the club challenging on various fronts for honours.

He concluded, "It's not like we're fighting on just one front, we've got different things to go for, so you can't use the same players every week.

"We've got a big squad and we've got to use that. There's a reason for having big squads."

There's a right time and place to do it even if you have a big squad duh!!!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Saving grace (less egg on fergie's face?) is that red virgins went out on the shoot out. Irony is that defenders Vidic and Ferdinand had to take penalty kicks (ahead of Tevez?). Even Anderson and his terrible in regular play with cheapo giveaways, did cooly place his penalty well.

No excuses for pompey mid week, on more familiar pitch
Wayne Piew said:
...Wednesday night against Pompey is the big 1.
Winning the League title and CL is the real moolah,
Wouldn't read too much on that. Prospect of Ron in sunny spain as opposed to lousy weather forecast in northwest england was always there. No less with vested RM's political interests.
...notwithstanding what Wazza said earlier...Ronny's posture after his cracking goal against Porto at the Dragao suggests an edge in his relationship with Fergie...I would say the odds of Cristiano donning Meringues colours next season appear to shortening by the week:wink:

Last edited:

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tell you notwithstanding what Wazza said earlier...Ronny's posture after his cracking goal against Porto at the Dragao suggests an edge in his relationship with Fergie...I would say the odds of Cristiano donning Meringues colours next season appear to shortening by the week:wink:

you see la, not say i want to say, everytime talk abt next season, all these liverpoo losers tthink we are like them, always wait for the next season or if this player or that player leaves, we are gone....unlike liverpoo's small pool of average footballers, united laways have a wealth of talent to draw on, cantona, beckham all left but the club continue to thrive....this is something liverpoo lacks and pork fillet babi rosa dun udnerstand.... he can only wait until next year, then next year,wait until the year after next....so on and so forth....sianzzzzz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ferguson fears meeting Chelsea in the FA Cup final. He is so confident that his side will go to the Champion League Final that in a space less than one week after FA final. will be the CL final. That is too much toll for his side if Chelsea are in the final. Fuck him dead, I hope Arsenal beats Man Utd in the S/F of CL. This is the first time such arrogant manager I have seen. In 1977, Liverpool lost the FA cup Final to Man U and three days later won their first European Cup fielding almost the same team beating B. Moenchenglabach. Lets hope Liverpool won the Barclay league and Arsenal in the CL final. Fuck of You Alex Fuckerson.

lancheowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ferguson fears meeting Chelsea in the FA Cup final. He is so confident that his side will go to the Champion League Final that in a space less than one week after FA final. will be the CL final. That is too much toll for his side if Chelsea are in the final. Fuck him dead, I hope Arsenal beats Man Utd in the S/F of CL. This is the first time such arrogant manager I have seen. In 1977, Liverpool lost the FA cup Final to Man U and three days later won their first European Cup fielding almost the same team beating B. Moenchenglabach. Lets hope Liverpool won the Barclay league and Arsenal in the CL final. Fuck of You Alex Fuckerson.

"Lets hope Liverpool won the Barclay league and Arsenal in the CL final."

the fact you hope they WON measn you know they will not win..... you can only dream of the past in 1977....:biggrin::smile::p....not say i want to say

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
As far as i am concern Wednesday night against Pompey is the big 1.
Winning the League title and CL is the real moolah, in our quest to finally be the most successful team in the history of the British game.:smile:

wah bro,
what a turn of event and you also turn a bit.
what happen to MU is going to win Hi 5,this season.
even when you win the EPL and CL,you are still quite a long way from being the most successful team in the history of the British game.

personally,i think either Alex thinks lightly of Everton,that is why he fielded those youngsters,only during the ending of second half,he brought on his big gun like Berbatov,Scholes and Erva.
but credit must also be given to those youngsters,at least they managed to hold Everton to nil-nil for 150 minutes.

your lucky star - Macheda is still too young to play a full match. he is only good,coming on as a subsitute.

Wayne Piew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saving grace (less egg on fergie's face?) is that red virgins went out on the shoot out. Irony is that defenders Vidic and Ferdinand had to take penalty kicks (ahead of Tevez?). Even Anderson and his terrible in regular play with cheapo giveaways, did cooly place his penalty well.

No excuses for pompey mid week, on more familiar pitch.

I know we didn't win but there were alot of positives to take out of this game, how our mostly young U-20 players played against a top EPL club which was at full strength at Wembley, holding them for over 120 mins.
Might had even won if not for that so-called Utd supporter Riley not giving a clear-cut penalty.:mad:
These players just need some games to develop their talents further and next season they can push on for 1st team places if they are good enough.
In the end Man Utd have some very talented youngsters at this club that will make Utd squad for next season even stonger and they will go onto even greater success while developing these young players, unlike some Loser of A Fool club, importing 3rd rate Spanish players at bargain prices.:eek:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal

The CL final is on the 27th of May with the FA Cup final scheduled 3 days later-30th of May. To say that the old fart is afraid of meeting Chelsea in the final is a myth.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fear now is that the Rooneys and Ronaldos may not want to play at their best and they may just take out their frustration on the field. Tevez is clearly frustrated.
All is not well @OT.:mad:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
.As a ManYoo supporter, I have often been found guilty of looking for any other reason than a bad team performance for our defeats. A free-kick that never was. A foul throw in a key passage of play. Anderson. This morning, I'm sure my Toffee-Supporting mates were prepared for any number of angry excuses in the remote, implausible eventuality of a United defeat.

I can't do it. For once, I can't be the sore loser I've been for years.

Well done to the Toffees. You played well, and I wish you the best of luck against Chelsea.

Sir Alex. Arrogance is not a 'game over' hand gesture against Blackburn. Arrogance is assuming a collection of youth 'talent' [Welbeck, Gibson] and a misguided superstititon that tomorrow's headlines are already written [Macheda Does It Again!] form a team by right to defeat a strong side. You underestimated Everton. Why else do you rest 'Match Winners', when it is those type of players who played the biggest role this afternoon [Vidic and Ferdinand - forgetting the fact he can't take penalties.] The only explanation is that the 'occasion' of the F.A. Cup Semi-Final is an ocassion to rest players for mid week and que sera sera...

That is truly arrogant.

In closing, I must mention that Berbatov is not a V.Nistelrooy in disguise. It's not genius masquerading as laziness. It's laziness. Tevez was like a puppy. Energetic but ineffectual. Right-footed Welbeck on the left. Anderson. I could go on. Lord. It's just not good enough.
Sparky
Few points after a good weekend of footie:

1) So Fergie, Rafa apparently showed no respect for fat Sam with 'that gesture'? How about your own disgusting lack of respect for Man Utd fans who travelled not only from Manchester or England, but from the Ireland, continental Europe, US and Australia to Wembley yesterday to watch you field a weakened team. In recessionary times you showed no respect for the fans you say you love and who spent quality money to see mediocrity. An utter disgrace. That being said, credit due to a dogged Everton side who in my opinion ran out deserved winners on the day.

2) Still on SAF, his behaviour in general is utterly disgraceful. This is a grown man, a grandad, who throws tantrums like there is no tomorrow. Probably the greatest club manager in British football history, it's a terrible shame his character is flawed by his disgusting attitude to officials and other managers. If only he could take the leaf out of a true 'Sir's' book, Sir Bobby Robson. Legend and gentleman.
Fergie To Blame
Well, we have to say that Riley cannot now seriously be called a United-biased referee after waving away what most Everton supporters (like myself) would concede was an easy penalty to give.

Then again, booking Cahill for standing by Vidic as he lunged for the ball and missed (and therefore denying Tiger Tim the chance to win the tie in normal time) probably made up for it. But Fergie will never acknowledge that particular contribution.

But if Sir Alex wants to blame someone for losing Man U that game, he just has to look in the mirror. Yes, he has to rest players for 'bigger' competitions, but eight changes! Moyesie can't have believed his luck seeing so many big players missing - not just from the starting 11, but from the bench. I'm sure just seeing Ronaldo warming up on the sidelines would have placed a few seeds of doubt in our minds. By not even allowing them to travel down to London (after all, sitting down for a couple of hours is really strenuous), Fergie gave us the best chance of reaching a final in years - for which we are very grateful. But please don't blame Riley, or the groundsman. It's your fault, Fergie.
Phil, Wirral
You Know The Answer To This One...
So let me get this straight, Sir Alex Ferguson didn't play his best players yesterday because they might fall over and hurt themselves on a tricky bit of m&d.

That is possibly the lamest excuse he could have come up with. Do you think it's possible, dear mailbox, that we will ever see Ferguson be gracious in defeat in our lifetime?
Michael McCarthy
Berbatov The New Veron?
With pretty much nothing separating Everton and United yesterday, and the two best centre-half pairings this season (Vidic/Rio + Lescott/Jagielka) ensuring goalscorers remained frustrated, it was increasingly likely the match would be settled by penalties. So congratulations to Everton. Surely few in football would begrudge David Moyes a long-deserved shot at silverware.

Contrary to today's media spin, Fergie's irritation over the Wellbeck penalty call was not the reason United lost the game, as he admitted to the BBC, a crucial detail subsequently ignored by today's headline writers. Surely the reason was a more painful reality regarding United's second most expensive player on the pitch. With United and Everton pretty much equal for 90 minutes, you would presume the introduction of a striker bought for £30.75 million might tip the balance in favour of United, but alas no.

Many United fans will feel Berbatov's season was encapsulated by that utterly dire penalty, a pathetic effort that followed 30 minutes of football in which he failed to fire a single shot at goal despite several opportunities and Everton's defence run ragged. He is the new Veron, an over-priced player that has induced regression in an area of United's play that previously was setting new standards for excellence. With a mere eight league goals this season, Berbatov is giving Shevchenko a run for his money as an all-time flop transfer. I don't care what Fergie says about Berbatov's potential - the fact is United have been carrying him all season, and he cost us dearly yesterday. It is fast becoming the key area for Fergie to attend to in the summer. If only, as with Veron, we could flog him to Chelsea.
Richard Sclater, United Fan, London

...Judging by the post-match interview - even the way Berbatov does his tie is lazy.
Barry Byrne

...Can Utd get rid of the useless waste of space Berbatov? Can we sell him? Can we start a campaign to get rid?

Sod it, I'll mortgage my house and will happily stick him in my Sunday league side, anything other than the red of Manchester. If all Utd fans dipped in their pockets we could raise enough to coax him away from OT? Surely it's worth it? He's a waste of space

I'm not blaming him for the loss against Everton, or his abysmal penalty (Utd didn't play well enough to win), but the way he plays together. What does he offer the team? Any team?

Watching him after he came on, he lays the ball off and...walks. Walks ffs. Jeesus. It's a semi-final. Put some effort in. But no. He's above that.

Spurs must be laughing. Can we dispel the myth? He's cack.
Lee (Tevez is Utd's Kuyt)

Alfrescian
Loyal
No manager can do that. The three subsitutes are 1st team players. What the fuk, I had been watching English Leagues since 1970. Alex Fuckerson is the only clown. The problem with him is that he is been too long at MU. He is like a dictator everybody fear him.
I have been a supporter of Man U since 1965. I hope he lose the two remaining titles.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
No manager can do that. The three subsitutes are 1st team players. What the fuk, I had been watching English Leagues since 1970. Alex Fuckerson is the only clown. The problem with him is that he is been too long at MU. He is like a dictator everybody fear him.
I have been a supporter of Man U since 1965. I hope he lose the two remaining titles.

I share your frustration. I totally agree with you the old fart should have been out of OT long ago. I am keen to see the 2Rs play Portsmouth this Wednesday.:(

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
out of a true 'Sir's' book, Sir Bobby Robson. Legend and gentleman.
Fergie To Blame
Well, we have to say that Riley cannot now seriously be called a United-biased referee after waving away what most Everton supporters (like myself)
You Know The Answer To This One...
So let me get this straight, Sir Alex Ferguson didn't play his best players yesterday because they might fall over and hurt themselves on a tricky bit of

...Judging by the post-match interview - even the way Berbatov does his tie is lazy.
Barry Byrne

...Can Utd get rid of the useless waste of space Berbatov? Can we sell him? Can we start a campaign to get rid?

Sod it, I'll mortgage my house and will happily stick him in my Sunday league side, anything other than the red of Manchester. If all Utd fans dipped in their pockets we could raise enough to coax him away from OT? Surely it's worth it? He's a waste of space

I'm not blaming him for the loss against Everton, or his abysmal penalty (Utd didn't play well enough to win), but the way he plays together. What does he offer the team? Any team?

Watching him after he came on, he lays the ball off and...walks. Walks ffs. Jeesus. It's a semi-final. Put some effort in. But no. He's above that.

Spurs must be laughing. Can we dispel the myth? He's cack.
Lee (Tevez is Utd's Kuyt)[/QUOTE]

u copy the whole thing from football365..:cool:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
u copy the whole thing from football365..:cool:

Its for the benefit of all who may have missed out on the barrage of criticism by some English supporters after the game. I am sure Fergie will reply but I simply cannot buy the excuse that the Wembley pitch was cut up. That didn't stop Chelsea nor Arsenal from putting up their strongest team. Does that mean that Fergie will field youngsters if the opponents footballl field is anything like the one in Wembley for the remaining games of the season? No, i dun think he will.

As one astute United fan noted-why let the 2 central defenders take the penalties ahead of Tevez? If Ferguson was serious about winning this tie, why wasn't Rooney or Ronaldo sitting on the bench which he can turn to if it goes into penalties? The list of players on the sub-bench says it all.

Many have said it is down to his arrogance and disrespect for the opponents. I am more inclined to believe he has taken the feud with Benitez to another level by helping the 'smaller' Merseyside team reach a 'prestigious' final which their bigger neighbor has failed to do in all cup competition.

jw5

Loyal
Bro 0939,
If you have been a supporter for nearly 45 years, you wouldn't hope that the team loses the other 2 titles. Remember that Fergie is just a temporary custodian of the team, he will retire one day and go away, just like Sir Matt, Wilf, Tommy, Dave and Big Ron all did at some point or other.
You would still want the team to win, but you would criticize those who let the club and team down, like Fergie did this time in my opinion.
I still find it amusing how much some so-called fans worship players like Ronaldo, without realizing that he is just a temporary hired gun or to put it more nicely, an employee. My favourite player used to be Steve Coppell, who could fire bullet crosses in from the right flank in his heyday. It amuses me whenever I see my former hero now balding and managing Reading. Even though I wish him well, I always hoped that Man Utd beat Reading, even a Man Utd managed by Fergie.