• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia wins Olympic Silver medal without PRC import

wendypoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wednesday August 20, 2008

Chong Wei to receive Olympic reward tonight

KUALA LUMPUR: The appearance of Malaysian badminton star Lee Chong Wei caused some excitement at Parliament House yesterday.

Lee paid a courtesy call on Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi and Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

n_04lee.jpg
Malaysian pride: Abdullah proudly looking at the Olympic silver medal won by Lee at his Parliament office. Looking on is Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Ismail Sabry Yaacob. Lee met with the Prime Minister for 15 minutes Tuesday together with other members of the badminton team.

Najib told Lee that a special ceremony would be held at Lee’s home state in Penang tonight, in which he would be presented with a cheque for RM300,000 and a monthly pension of RM3,000 – for winning the nation a silver at the Beijing Olympics.

Asked what he would do with the money, Lee told reporters that he might buy a house and live there with his parents.

When teased that he could use the cash to get married, Lee coyly replied: “No, I’m still too young for that.”

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
He will also be awarded with a Datukship on 30th August.

Datukship for Chong Wei

GEORGE TOWN: Penang will award a Datukship to badminton singles player Lee Chong Wei, 26, who won the silver medal at the Beijing Olympics.

Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng said Yang di-Pertua Negri Tun Abdul Rahman Abbas would confer the Darjah Setia Pangkuan Negeri (DSPN), which carries the title Datuk, on Lee on Aug 30.

"The state will award the DSPN to Penang's first Olympic silver medallist, Bukit Mertajam home-grown talent Lee Chong Wei," Lim told a press conference Wednesday.

He said Chong Wei had done not only Penang but also Malaysia proud with his achievement.

"Even though Malaysians were disappointed that he failed to win the gold medal, we are proud at his singular achievement which has brought joy to both state and country.

"The state government hopes that this recognition will spur him on to break more records and achieve greater success to win greater glory for both Penang and Malaysia," said Lim.

He said the DSPN was instituted in 1976 and limited to 800 living persons, and is conferred on individuals of high position who have contributed unique and valuable services to the state.

Chong Wei was not at the morning press conference as he is only scheduled to arrive from Kuala Lumpur in the evening while Lim has to fly off to Kuala Lumpur for his live debate later Wednesday night.

Also at the press conference were state Youth and Sports, Women, Family and Community Development Committee chairman Lydia Ong Kok Fooi and Chong Wei's eldest brother Chong Hoon, who contacted the badminton player on his mobile phone and placed it on loudspeaker mode.

Chong Wei said he was very happy and did not at all expect to get a Datukship for being a silver medallist.

"I thought that maybe, if I win the gold medal, I might be given Datukship. But no, I never expected it for the silver and was very surprised," he said.

Chong Wei said he thought Chong Hoon was joking when he called him on Tuesday evening with the news.

"My thanks to the Penang state for fully supporting me," he added.

Chong Hoon, 33, said he was proud of his brother and happy for him.
[AD]

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not only Malaysia won a medal without imports, Indonesia & Thailand also won their respective medals with HOME GROWN TALENTS unlike some desperado countries who die-die must get recognition in the world's biggest sporting event with the help of foreign imports.
If foreigners are so good, why dont we import foreigners as our cabinet ministers?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Now that is what i call a REAL olympic game whose VERY OWN country people win THEIR VERY OWN medal. That is something that can be REALLY proud of.

COngrats Malaysia.

Thailand as well, win in weight lifting. It is nice to be in a country where their own country people win their own medal.

SInkieland??? well, that is sinkie for their land.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
A country with a comparable population size with Singapore eg New Zealand could win 3 Gold Medals, 1 Silver and 5 Bronze Medals as of 21st Aug all won by local bred athletes.

Winning a medal via importing instant athletes is no different from taking performance enhancing drugs to win a medal.

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
A country with a comparable population size with Singapore eg New Zealand could win 3 Gold Medals, 1 Silver and 5 Bronze Medals as of 21st Aug all won by local bred athletes.

Winning a medal via importing instant athletes is no different from taking performance enhancing drugs to win a medal.

Another example is Jamaica with a population of 2.7 million.

jerry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Winning a medal via importing instant athletes is no different from taking performance enhancing drugs to win a medal.<!-- / message -->

Well said. Send that to the Rear Admiral guy.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Wonderful post, i totally agree. The sinkie govt has done another wonderful job of shaming their own country.

I am proud of the Thai people and Thailand who won their very own silver medal by their very own true, blue, local, in-born Thai.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Another example is Jamaica with a population of 2.7 million.

Oh yes, i read the news that Jamaica sprinter win gold. Another true blue in born that win for their own country.

Gosh, 2.7 million? U know why they win? They are not sinkie.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes, i read the news that Jamaica sprinter win gold. Another true blue in born that win for their own country.

Gosh, 2.7 million? U know why they win? They are not sinkie.

Hey guys, any ideas how to hide the fact I'm a sinkie when I'm in Malaysia hah? So damn malu you know.

tiulehloumoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys, any ideas how to hide the fact I'm a sinkie when I'm in Malaysia hah? So damn malu you know.

Don't go cheap cheap cheap.
Don't wear any spec, rolex or use latest hp
Don't drive merc, lexus, bmw ......
Wear belt that extra longer.(typical chinaman)
When anyone ask where you from, don't answer in sinkee slang that you are not Singkeeporean.:biggrin::biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Sinkie and Singaporean is different. These 2 dun mixed.

Sinkies = losers

Singaporean= Sensible Citizen.

If you behave well in another country as a sensible citizen, you will be respected. Only sinkies are looked down upon.