• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Local PMET with MBA unemployed for 3 years and looking at overseas opportunities

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Gilbert

I am a born bred Singaporean. I am pretty well educated armed with a MBA from a top 5 business school.

I have been unsuccessfully looking for a job for three years.

I was able to attend numerous interviews because of my academic qualifications and 15 years of work experience. But was just unable to secure a decent offer.

I have offers but for roles that require only 1-3 years experience and pays $3k per month.

I know I have been discriminated against because of my nationality. Most are subtle but some are more obvious.

I am extremely embarrassed that despite my qualifications and experience, I need to approach the MOM and WDA for assistance. But it had been six months and they had been unable to help.

I am looking for jobs overseas, mostly in developed countries like UK, US and Australia. But it had been tough because of work permit issues.

Employers also question my commitment to stay long term in the overseas country.

What are possible next steps I can take now?

Thank you
Apple

- See more at: http://www.transitioning.org/2015/1...-overseas-opportunities/#sthash.U57TFT25.dpuf

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
head hunter are actively avoiding sinkie applicants due to strong govt. reaffirmation sinkie men are daft, needing repeated RT to pass IPPT....

In camp training bullshit is the main bugbear, sinkie are avoided like plague.. sad

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
But was just unable to secure a decent offer.

What is a "decent offer" when you are at the bottom of the pile of candidates. If it is me, I would take up a job first and then prove at work that I am capable and grow from there.

My personal view is that he is being unrealistic.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This cocksucker should have taken the $3k job rather than staying jobless for 3 years! But no he chose to be an asshole and now employers are gonna shun someone who is out of the workforce for 3 years.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
....I was able to attend numerous interviews because of my academic qualifications and 15 years of work experience. But was just unable to secure a decent offer....

This bloke is jobless not because employers did not want him but because he wanted to be paid like pappies' MP.

Join the pappies' grass loot, become pappies' porlumpar and pray for recognition and recommendation to become MP material in next GE. Darryl David did it this way.

Even a thieving scum like Yang Yin knew how to follow this path to get his SPR.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
...My personal view is that he is being unrealistic....

....and naive. Pappies have created the job market in such a way today that locals have to compete with foreigners for jobs. When an employer offers 3k, the foreigner will grab it because he can live like a monk unlike the local who thinks 3k is below his dignity to accept the job.

Pappies cannot stop employers from recruiting foreigners if locals do not want it. Unless locals got the balls to support oppo parties to challenge policies implemented by pappies to make life difficult and get away with it, locals would find foreigners having upper hand when looking for jobs in the market.

Stop foreigners from coming into sinkie land to take up jobs and due to forces of supply and demand, employers will have to pay market rate to employees, instead of paying pittance to foreigners to depress the wages and maximize their profits.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I wonder what took this sinkie so long to realize that he should have ventured abroad. Most sinkies are already claiming that the FTs here are losers back in their own countries, but are put upon a pedestal once they are in Singapore, where employers want to hire them and local girls spread their legs begging to be fcuked by them.

So what's stopping this sinkie from doing the same and moving off to some foreign country, where hopefully foreign bosses and women will fall over themselves for a piece of this guy?

Geminipegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is a "decent offer" when you are at the bottom of the pile of candidates. If it is me, I would take up a job first and then prove at work that I am capable and grow from there.

My personal view is that he is being unrealistic.

It makes sense if you are 20 or 30 something but if one is 50 or 60 something.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is not a problem with the job market or discrimination or biasness.it just shows how useless ur degree is and ur jobscope when someone with the same degree and 1 to 3 years experience can do the same work as you.

i dunno wtf is MBAs good for,they mostly end up as low level manager in MBS or manager at Popeyes chicken or ExxonMobile petrol station.

Claire

Alfrescian
Loyal
....and naive. Pappies have created the job market in such a way today that locals have to compete with foreigners for jobs. When an employer offers 3k, the foreigner will grab it because he can live like a monk unlike the local who thinks 3k is below his dignity to accept the job.

Pappies cannot stop employers from recruiting foreigners if locals do not want it. Unless locals got the balls to support oppo parties to challenge policies implemented by pappies to make life difficult and get away with it, locals would find foreigners having upper hand when looking for jobs in the market.

Stop foreigners from coming into sinkie land to take up jobs and due to forces of supply and demand, employers will have to pay market rate to employees, instead of paying pittance to foreigners to depress the wages and maximize their profits.

The root course of the problem is the unrestricted hiring of foreigners by MNCs. Unless something is done, I am sure that locals would have lesser opportunities.

It makes sense if you are 20 or 30 something but if one is 50 or 60 something.

I still believe he has to eat the humble pie and start again whether he is 50 or 60.

Geminipegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The root course of the problem is the unrestricted hiring of foreigners by MNCs. Unless something is done, I am sure that locals would have lesser opportunities.

I still believe he has to eat the humble pie and start again whether he is 50 or 60.

Many former directors , managers & supervisors are now eating humble pies as taxi drivers, security guards etc. some of the humble pies are toxic & some have died. I know of one who committed suicide after becoming a taxi driver for a week. Anyway, I feel that the solution is not about eating humble pies when one should be at the apex of one's career but correcting the cause of the problem so that Singaporeans in their 50s & 60s could reach the actualisation stage rather than going back to the first 3 stages of Maslow hierarchy.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The root cause of the problem is that too few sinkies are creating jobs, and too many of them demand that foreign companies give them only the good jobs.

When I set up branch offices in ASEAN countries or India for my organization, I always insist that all the key management people are my own citizens. The natives will always do the lower end jobs regardless how talented they are. I think most foreign MNCs when based in Singapore, do the same thing.

If sinkies want only the good jobs, then set up more local businesses and hire your own citizens to be the managers.

You are an idiot if you think foreigners are really going to spend so much money to set up a business here only to give the good jobs to you instead of their own bros.

Geminipegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The root cause of the problem is that too few sinkies are creating jobs, and too many of them demand that foreign companies give them only the good jobs.

When I set up branch offices in ASEAN countries or India for my organization, I always insist that all the key management people are my own citizens. The natives will always do the lower end jobs regardless how talented they are. I think most foreign MNCs when based in Singapore, do the same thing.
Market Talk Stocks Desktop Site News

If sinkies want only the good jobs, then set up more local businesses and hire your own citizens to be the managers.

You are an idiot if you think foreigners are really going to spend so much money to set up a business here only to give the good jobs to you instead of their own bros.
If you look around in local organizations in Singapore you will find foreigners heading them. Your thinking is not aligned with your masters! You should either keep quiet or reeducate them if you are really a grassroots leader!

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Gilbert

I am a born bred Singaporean. I am pretty well educated armed with a MBA from a top 5 business school.

I have been unsuccessfully looking for a job for three years.

I was able to attend numerous interviews because of my academic qualifications and 15 years of work experience. But was just unable to secure a decent offer.

I have offers but for roles that require only 1-3 years experience and pays $3k per month.

I know I have been discriminated against because of my nationality. Most are subtle but some are more obvious.

I am extremely embarrassed that despite my qualifications and experience, I need to approach the MOM and WDA for assistance. But it had been six months and they had been unable to help.

I am looking for jobs overseas, mostly in developed countries like UK, US and Australia. But it had been tough because of work permit issues.

Employers also question my commitment to stay long term in the overseas country.

What are possible next steps I can take now?

Thank you
Apple

- See more at: http://www.transitioning.org/2015/1...-overseas-opportunities/#sthash.U57TFT25.dpuf

While it was not mention that the writer was retrenched or left the previous job, break of 3 years is simply too long. My guess the writer is looking for the perfect job with a good salary. He or she must have a good sum of savings on standby to be able not to work for 3 years. Most would have kpkb after 3 months because their savings are running low or going on empty.

Times like this really makes one to save for a hard rainy day.....just to put away at least 6 months of expenses.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wonder what took this sinkie so long to realize that he should have ventured abroad. Most sinkies are already claiming that the FTs here are losers back in their own countries, but are put upon a pedestal once they are in Singapore, where employers want to hire them and local girls spread their legs begging to be fcuked by them.

So what's stopping this sinkie from doing the same and moving off to some foreign country, where hopefully foreign bosses and women will fall over themselves for a piece of this guy?

if he has 15 years of work experience in sg, it can be disadvantageous for jobs abroad with similar backgrounds or core competencies. adding his years in ns, university and an mba program he should be around in his 40s. companies in the u.s. look for grads with good relevant degrees and 3 to 5 years of experience, not 15 to 20 unless he's a trend setter, well known innovator, or star performer. if he has not secured a nest egg by 40, i.e. savings of at least half a million in cash and assets worth usd2m, he will find the going tough entering the hottest economic region now in the u.s., the bay area (see my bay area threads in the emigration section) where high paying jobs are plenty and careers rewarding and elevating. he can try other cities or cuntries where his skills may be sorely needed, but i doubt he can differentiate himself from the mediocre masses.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

thats a good point and for once i agree with u.sinkies are employees and not job creators.take a look around the shopping malls in singapore and singapore is like the mall capital,every single mall is a carbon copy of each other and every single mall is filled with the same boring old brands that belong to the same mncs,and dumbass sinkies queuing up to give business to them.the same old japanese restaurants,the same old fast food restaurants kfc,long john,macs,mad jacks,popeyes,burger king,carls jr,the same old clothing stores,uniq lo,cotton on,giodarno,marks and spencers blah blah blah,the same old shoes stores,world of sports,adidas,nike,crocs,,the same old electronics store,harvey norman,best denki,challenger,the same ice cream,gelato shops,the same bubble tea shops,the malls are filled with the same shit!!!where is singaporean's entrepreneur spirit?wheres our business drive and savvy?where are the homegrown brands and shops?why do we have so many shopping malls and no independent sinkie brands and shops?go to australia and look how many unique and individually owned shops and retail stores they have.go to japan or korea and look at how many japanese and korean companies they have.creating products of every kind imaginable.

what kind of retarded economy we have?everything in singapore is just imported shit created by other countries.

Last edited: