• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a number of catholic churches in Southern Johor, but not all have Masses on weekends. The ones that have are:

Cathedral of the Sacred Heart at Jalan Keris, Taman Sri Tebrau
Church of Christ the King at Jalan Sultanah, Kulai
and, Church of the Immaculate Conception, Jalan Gereja.

Hi odyssey , are u catholic??
If so, please let me know which Is the nearest to go from leisure farm. Right now, I could only go LF either after Saturday mass or rush out for Sunday mass. Really appreciate. Thsnks

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
House with mortgage may not be a liability. Property in many countries has grow many time faster than income and inflation rate. With leverage and HOLDING POWER. House with mortgage can be the biggest asset.

With regards to real estate investment, the biggest asset is not cash. Many people does not realize that the biggest asset is the ability to borrow and young age to borrow longer.

A 30 year old investor can borrow up to 40year in Singapore. At 2% the monthly installment is 3028. Work out to 36336 annually. This investor need to keep 8years reserve of this amount to be able to hold through a property cycle usually abt 8 years. This mat to 291,000 reserve.

Conversely for a 50 years old investors, he need to have a reserve of 485000 to last him 8 years.

Debt is good as long as you keep 5-8years of installment reserves. The more you borrow the more reserves you should keep.

Where to find the reserves? For the lucky one, you can take an equity loan on your property if your property increase in value over the years. For the lucky ones, they have to working harder to earn their reserves.

The more successful investors do not use their own money to invest, they use others money.
This way the ROE is very huge or infinite as they use none or little of their own capital.

Hope this will shed some lights with regards to property investment using good debts.

Cheers,
PH
hi danteakc, sorry to hear about your situation. Do share with us when you are able to resolve this issue. My rented place in HH is next to an empty house, dunno if anybody will move in in the next 2 years when I'm still staying there. Would really hate to face your kind of situation. Thanks.

heheh... teasing Sanur... From what I learned from my investment guru, the house that we stay in is also considered as a liability because we need to pay for it. When it is fully paid off, then it can be considered an asset. Another way to look at asset is whether it makes money for you or not.

I don't mean to "pour cold water", but in terms of looking for rental from students, the demand might not be strong because of the boarding hostels available within Educity. And it is usually the student pool that will drive rental prices because the parents will be willing to pay good money for their children to live comfortably and focus on their studies. E.g. in SS15 Subang Jaya, there are 4 colleges in that area and house owners actually rent out rooms on a per head basis. Each person is RM350, so if 8 persons stay in a double-storey house, the total rental is RM2800.

As for the working adults, professors and executives, the demand will depend on whether those projects take off, and we'll know in the next 2 years (2013). Having said that, there's high chance that the rental won't be able to cover the installments for places like Imperia or EL because the purchase price was very high and supply could be more than demand. As we know, most execs just want a place to stay/rest/etc. A small % will be willing to pay for small luxuries, so that means they wouldn't want to pay for a high rental. Just my thoughts... I could be wrong. TGIF!

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sanur, by any chance do you know the Mass times there? Thks

Sorry odyssey

Have not been, as I saw the church while on the way back from pontain. It's further down the said nursery but on the opposite road. Will let u know if I have the chance to check it out.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi odyssey , are u catholic??
If so, please let me know which Is the nearest to go from leisure farm. Right now, I could only go LF either after Saturday mass or rush out for Sunday mass. Really appreciate. Thsnks

Yes I am catholic. I think the nearest one would be Church of the Immaculate Conception as mentioned by Jasonjst. Mass times are Weekdays 5.45pm (Mon-Fri); Sunset 6pm (Novena 5.30pm); Sun 7am, 9am, 10.30am, 5.30pm. Hope these help.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I am catholic. I think the nearest one would be Church of the Immaculate Conception as mentioned by Jasonjst. Mass times are Weekdays 5.45pm (Mon-Fri); Sunset 6pm (Novena 5.30pm); Sun 7am, 9am, 10.30am, 5.30pm. Hope these help.

Hi odyssey,

Where exactly is this church location? Any prominent landmark?? Thanks

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi odyssey,

Where exactly is this church location? Any prominent landmark?? Thanks

Landmark Tower? Landmark Medical Centre? Close to Tropical Inn? Jalan Wong Ah Fook and Jalan Tun Abdul Razak? Travelling along Jalan Tun Abdul Razak towards Singapore, you may be able to see the steeple on your right as you approach the Tebrau Highway junction....... Haha lost? maybe you can try to goggle for these places.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
House with mortgage may not be a liability. Property in many countries has grow many time faster than income and inflation rate. With leverage and HOLDING POWER. House with mortgage can be the biggest asset.

With regards to real estate investment, the biggest asset is not cash. Many people does not realize that the biggest asset is the ability to borrow and young age to borrow longer.

A 30 year old investor can borrow up to 40year in Singapore. At 2% the monthly installment is 3028. Work out to 36336 annually. This investor need to keep 8years reserve of this amount to be able to hold through a property cycle usually abt 8 years. This mat to 291,000 reserve.

Conversely for a 50 years old investors, he need to have a reserve of 485000 to last him 8 years.

Debt is good as long as you keep 5-8years of installment reserves. The more you borrow the more reserves you should keep.

Where to find the reserves? For the lucky one, you can take an equity loan on your property if your property increase in value over the years. For the lucky ones, they have to working harder to earn their reserves.

The more successful investors do not use their own money to invest, they use others money.
This way the ROE is very huge or infinite as they use none or little of their own capital.

Hope this will shed some lights with regards to property investment using good debts.

Cheers,
PH

Wow ... this is something which I tried to convince my sis-in-law last yr to buy JB houses , but she is not convince .
Going to paste this on her facebook to wake her up .
Thks for the write up .

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah no seafood lover in here ah? No one knows of a good seafood place near Bukit Indah?
Any recommendations anyone?

Got mah , Just behind Station 1 cafe /Bukit Indah , there are 2 to 3 bigger one there . Go there see which one more people must be correct . Tried a few time already , reasonable price / reasonable quality . You going on Sunday with family right ? haha ..

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

How is your hunt for houses ? Managed to find anything on the resale ?
Some of the abv timing might be chinese mass . Only being there once with my immediate neighbor in JB . Haha , now I know quite a few catholic in JB , great !

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Landmark Tower? Landmark Medical Centre? Close to Tropical Inn? Jalan Wong Ah Fook and Jalan Tun Abdul Razak? Travelling along Jalan Tun Abdul Razak towards Singapore, you may be able to see the steeple on your right as you approach the Tebrau Highway junction....... Haha lost? maybe you can try to goggle for these places.

Best to Key IN into GPS before set out , JB city is no joke to move around, miss a turn very difficult to U turn liao .
I never like going JB city unless bo pian . Still prefer the little Nusajaya / Bukit Indah town.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got mah , Just behind Station 1 cafe /Bukit Indah , there are 2 to 3 bigger one there . Go there see which one more people must be correct . Tried a few time already , reasonable price / reasonable quality . You going on Sunday with family right ? haha ..

Haha you've noticed my earlier post. Yes going there on Sunday with my family. Thanks for your info again Jason.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I reach the end of Danga Bay, is it on the left(Danga Bay side) or right side(opposite of Danga Bay)?

It is on the left side, drive in a bit... right side going to main road liao... it is a big Chinese restaurant like the scale of longbeach.. It is called Grand Straits Garden Seafood Restaurant... the locals frequent it for celebrations... you can find it on google map

4 of us ate there... i remember we ordered a simple kampong chicken (stupid choice!), some vege, a lobster, a meat... RM300+ total bill
So this is not exactly cheap but probably slightly cheaper than SG

Exit Jalan Persiaran Danga, Danga Bay, 81200 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia

Last edited:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some say chiku trees tend to invite bats, dont know how true is that. One thing is for sure, the chiku tree at my estate has bats.

Yes chiku, soursop and rambutan do attract bats at night . In old chinese beliefs bats bring wealth but you also need to offer your fruits in return ! :biggrin: In my old kampong we had many fruits trees and when you find half eaten or empty rambutan husks, you know bats have visited. If you do not like to attract bats try mangosteen , guava , durian , lemon. Personally I do not mind bats coming at night, till now I do not have chance to show my kids bats in the wild in SG. Flying fox ...the bigger bats seem to be totally disappear in SG wild. The last that I saw in the wild must be way back as a boy in kampong. I missed seeing those creatures but not the snake that also come at night for food.

Last edited:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes chiku, soursop and rambutan do attract bats at night . In old chinese beliefs bats bring wealth but you also need to offer your fruits in return ! :biggrin: In my old kampong we had many fruits trees and when you find half eaten or empty rambutan husks, you know bats have visited. If you do not like to attract bats try mangosteen , guava , durian , lemon. Personally I do not mind bats coming at night, till now I do not have chance to show my kids bats in the wild in SG. Flying fox ...the bigger bats seem to be totally disappear in SG wild. The last that I saw in the
wild must be way back as a boy in kampong. I missed seeing those creatures but not the snake that also come at night for food.

Bats r cute but their poo staines the floor badly.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
How is your hunt for houses ? Managed to find anything on the resale ?
Some of the abv timing might be chinese mass . Only being there once with my immediate neighbor in JB . Haha , now I know quite a few catholic in JB , great !

Still hunting. Going in tomorrow to view somemore houses in HH. Hopefully can find one that we like. Eyeing one recommended by someone from our forum but waiting to see the inside. If we can feel some affinity with the house, my wife and I are aready to sign on the dotted line.

You are right. the 10.30am is in Mandarin; 5.30pm is in Tamil. Nice to know you are one too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.