• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi everyone,
Other than Chef Wah, any suggestion/s for good seafood near Bukit Indah? I've tried many orang asli style seafood places everwhere in Johor(perling, Pasir Gudang end, halfway towards end of Pasir Gudang, Kukup, Permas etc) but food quality is just average.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
.....When I was staying in HH about 6-9 months ago, I even saw them SLEEPING on the job when I drove out of Horizon hills at 5am in the morning to head to KL for business. And guess what, after I drove off and looked in my rear mirror, that bugger is sleeping so soundly that my engine dint wake him up!

Did you read the earlier post? Someone suggested taking a photo of them sleeping with your handphone and pass it to the RC. This will deter them from sleeping on the job again. :biggrin:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
really ? is it fun to visit and spa there ? :rolleyes:

I haven't visited them at all. I just happened see them when I googled for malaysia hotspring. From the look of it, don't expect standards like those in Japan, Taiwan......but it you are a fan of hotsprings, maybe can go take a look.... :wink:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros and Sis here, anyone knows how to get to Sutera Mall from Singapore by bus? Thanks in advance for the info. :wink:

There's supposed to be a Causeway Link bus that goes there but heard that the buses are not regular and may not bring you right to the mall itself. Best is to take a cab from JB sentral , outside city square - around 20 RM per trip.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: To Wuqi advise needed

the kids will not be able to appreciate that what lies on the land of ion was once a piece of grassland in the midst of upscale real estate...
I remembed that field was always full of Filipinos on Sunday having their picnics there or just generally sitting around. Nice green spot in the middle of the city.

Bros and Sis here. Do you believe that there are 2 hotspring in Johor? I just found them out. Both not far from JB. They are Lebis Hot Spring and Grisek Hot Spring. Google them! :smile:
Hi Cathy... that's great to hear... definitely must try it out. I still remember when I was young and I went to Tambun hot springs in ipoh, we could make hard-boiled eggs in a small hot pool... very shiok to play in the water, put the m&d on the skin or just relax.

Well that is the problem since it is not strata and not governed by house by-law, you can only plead with the owner,one thing bad is that this type of things in malaysia, you pretty much have to put up with it. i have heard also of bad contractors doing things halfway then demand payment .

if hh has a committee, then approach the committee and see whether they are willing to do anything. problem is with the comittee is that they may also be holiday/weekenders only.
I believe there should be a DMC in HH that states guidelines on renovation. It's a matter of enforcement by the guards; don't have to wait for the owner. As for contractors doing halfway and demanding payments, it's quite normal. The progressive payment plan will depend on your negotiation with the contractor, maybe 30%, 25%, 25%, 20%. But it's recommended to negotiate to hold back the final 5% for 1 month to ensure the renovation work has no defects.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Asking price does not equate to actual transacted price I guess. I see quite a fair bit of properties in LF and HH for sale for the longest time at these elevated pricing but they are still available till date.

I hope Singaporeans are not creating/nurturing a property bubble here in JB.

I do agree, most have holding power. And also, some might thing... Making 200k rm which is consider high in Jb but to singaporean, it could b only s$ 80 k Plus.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's supposed to be a Causeway Link bus that goes there but heard that the buses are not regular and may not bring you right to the mall itself. Best is to take a cab from JB sentral , outside city square - around 20 RM per trip.

Thanks for the input checkers.

CW3S or CW4S from Jurong East to Sutera mall.

www.causewaylink.com.my

Thanks for the input Jogs1. I wonder whether its time is regular. Does it stop right in front of the mall?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

...Hi Cathy... that's great to hear... definitely must try it out. I still remember when I was young and I went to Tambun hot springs in ipoh, we could make hard-boiled eggs in a small hot pool... very shiok to play in the water, put the m&d on the skin or just relax....

Very glad to have a hotspring enthusist here. Is this the one you are taking about?

TRAP

Looks fun to me. Will definately try it one day. However, I'm worried about travelling there with a Singapore plated car......

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the input Jogs1. I wonder whether its time is regular. Does it stop right in front of the mall?[/QUOTE]

Cathy, why dun u call them up n check?

Imm counter, Tel: +65 - 6896 4084
Fax: +65 - 6896 3240
(For ticketing enquiry)

Last edited:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
........ Kinda miss Botak days even though he openly collect money or ang baos from contractors.. he made sure the contractors get lost from the taman latest by 6pm. When he was around, we only hear of people complaining HH security is damn strict that even residents without passes or tags were refused entry.

I notice the botak, his prominient head when sitting there, so is he strict only when no ang bao received ? Non residents with ang$ bao$ can get in or not ?

Last edited:

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
once you reach jusco, dun enter, continue to tesco, then turn left on the main road betn tesco and giant, stay on this road and you will reach the mall which is on your left. on the way you will find bestmart the wet market on your left. return by the same route and on the left of the same main road are 2 nurseries. a roadside stall is usually set up just at the entrance to the nurseries, selling durians or whatever is in season.

Thanks tansi n all for giving me the direction. But am very blur. In suntec city, I went round n round at the round about just to get to millennium walk. Real embrassing. Get lost always, hub said from orchard road just go straight but it's not easy. Will try out with GPS

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal

By the time Mango grow tall , your kids may be teenage liao , haha .
Actually I realised that Chiku tree seem a better idea , can grow a lot of fruits and quite a short tree . I see one small little tree with so many Chiku fruits planted by the neighbor, amazing !
True and I will be an old man already; dunno can still climb and build the tree house or not... kakaka... If my plans go accordingly, I should also have space for ciku and coconut... wah, all these dreams... must make it come true!

I wish they'd come out with a transacted price report for different area/Taman. Like those you get in Singapore....
In MY, it is well-known that real estate prices are not recorded by any ministry or town council because these are private properties, very different from SG where 80% of the population stays in public housing. So, you will never be able to get a report of any kind... which is also why MY property prices will move slower than SG because there's no report to state highest/lowest price, etc.

Very glad to have a hotspring enthusist here. Is this the one you are taking about?

TRAP

Looks fun to me. Will definately try it one day. However, I'm worried about travelling there with a Singapore plated car......
The Tambun hot springs is near Sunway College in Ipoh, nearby The Haven luxury condo. I dunno whether it's still in operations or not. But the one in Sungkai, I've been there, it's very nice too... and it's more developed than the one in Grisek or Labis, according to the photos/stories. There's also a waterfall in Sg Gabai, near Cheras, KL where there's a natural water slide down into a pool. Let me look for the photos at home and I'll post up some to attract you guys to visit... hehe

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

True and I will be an old man already; dunno can still climb and build the tree house or not... kakaka... If my plans go accordingly, I should also have space for ciku and coconut... wah, all these dreams... must make it come true!

Ya, don wait lo. Don now get to enjoy now. My contractor asked me if I wan real tree trunk for the tree house, I said no. No time to wait. Also on fruit tree will attract lots of ants. So I ended up asking for one with tile roof ( grass=termites) sliding door with balcony n power point ( just in case urban kids needs Aircon) and contractor said; that's not tree house, that's a house! By the way, he proposed 8 by 8 feet, anyone thing the size alright? I tot 10 by 10 feet better.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ya, don wait lo. Don now get to enjoy now. My contractor asked me if I wan real tree trunk for the tree house, I said no. No time to wait. Also on fruit tree will attract lots of ants. So I ended up asking for one with tile roof ( grass=termites) sliding door with balcony n power point ( just in case urban kids needs Aircon) and contractor said; that's not tree house, that's a house! By the way, he proposed 8 by 8 feet, anyone thing the size alright? I tot 10 by 10 feet better.
Crazy idea ! dont waste money , kids dont need that lah , after a few days , they dont even want to go inside man . Become white elephant , trust me .

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
i a bit kiasi, use the steering lock plus the stick shift/handbrake lock at all times. so far sg customs have not stopped me for trouble.

Hi bros, do any of you use a steering lock? I'm thinking of getting one, but I'm not sure whether SG customs will stop me if I drive into SG with a certain steering lock. Any advice on this issue? Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.