• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nusajayaphile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont get too carried away , always remember it is all about JB living . We are here for sweet and afforable living . I think it is wrong to use SG property as a reference point when we are talking about JB property , it is really very different market leh .
A more acurate reference point might be JB city or at best KL properties .

I have to compare with S'pore market coz I'm staying in S'pore, not KL not JB city. It's cheap by S'pore standards for S'poreans earning in S'pore dollars.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to compare with S'pore market coz I'm staying in S'pore, not KL not JB city. It's cheap by S'pore standards for S'poreans earning in S'pore dollars.

I think jason is right. It is of a totally different catergory. Comparing will only brings you disillutions.... :biggrin:

nusajayaphile

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think jason is right. It is of a totally different catergory. Comparing will only brings you disillutions.... :biggrin:

I disagree. The proximity of Nusajaya to S'pore is the driving factor behind the capital appreciation of the properties. If not, we would all be buying or staying in KL.

It's driven by demand from S'poreans, S'pore PRs and expats working in S'pore, due to the high prices in S'pore. These people prefer to buy or rent in Nusajaya, as for the same amount of money which would buy/rent you a 3-room or 4-room HDB flat in S'pore, you can get a house with garden in Nusajaya. Simple as that.

I am not disillusioned at all. In fact, I'm delighted that there is still a buying opportunity in Nusajaya.

Hi,

Googled n found this forum.

Hope to get some help on the following :
1) which bank provide good service & low interest?
2) besides tesco, jusco n giant, where else can get grocery
3) which internet provider is better in terms of $ n connectivity
4) any problem with the quality of water at horizon hills, is there a need to install water filter
5) any power failure, the last time i experience power failure in spore was like 7 yrs ago n it was fixed in no time- no sure abt their efficiency....
6) wat r the trees to avoid planting in the garden, some roots juz grow into the pavement

Lastly, is there any gathering for singaporeans who live in JB? It would be nice to have one.

Anyway,TIA.:smile:

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Then how about modems and wireless router? Any comments?

Pls lah, repeater in question is just a low powered gsm home unit that is the size of a modem.

Not asking her to install a cellular substation with giant antenna.

All this worrying about teeny unavoidable doses.

Got itch to be alarmist then talk about how come Setia Eco brochures never show high tension cable nearby...

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah u can put it that way. But to top it off, in Malaysia, I find that its quite normal for able-bodied young men and ladies to shake legs at home and I wonder why. And all of them will want u to treat them makan EVERYDAY from lunch to dinner and they dont even want to work a day for their own keepings. I wonder if this is the bumi-effect which spread to the Chinese and Indians over there but in Singapore the situation is really not that bad.

How about freehold land? No need to work for a roof over their head for generations to come. Money from you is for keeps. And their daughter married to you and so you should pay. Expenses is as low as growing your own food. Where got stress like us Singaporeans? And then also the magnanimus sharing metality? Especially rich Singapreans like you? You Singaporeans are rich. You should pay because you are rich and they are poor? (But they don't want to work for money! :( )

I'm just pulling your leg. Sorry no offence. Its the exact comment I get from my poor Indonesian chinese friend of her family members in Indonesia. And my online Malaysian friend had told me the same thing, that they all think that Singaporeans are rich. :biggrin:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
My mother-in-law was worse off. When the youngest son wanted to drop out of school at 15 year old, she was smiling and annoucing to everyone present that he is not gota waste time to study. And indeed, from age 15-now 21, this young man is bumming around wasting time.. dying his hair green today and gold colour next week.. Keep borrowing the family car to go out for dates and not studying or working.. mum still give him like RM 300 a month? And where do her money come from? Me of course. Maybe this is their culture that is why I dont believe I should bring up my kids in Malaysia. NO-No!

A larger part of the problem might be lack of family love and care ? I do come across many young true blue Malaysians, very bright , well behave and promissing youths . Many of them I would say have better behaviour and more street smart than our Singaporean kids leh .

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
A larger part of the problem might be lack of family love and care ? I do come across many young true blue Malaysians, very bright , well behave and promissing youths . Many of them I would say have better behaviour and more street smart than our Singaporean kids leh .

Better behaviour is because of the laid back life style that they come from. The lack of a demanding schedule that comes with a well planned career path of personal interest from as young as Primary school of age can bring a bright and promising child down to a good for nothing.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe this is just my wife family. Because I dont think I want to treat them makan daily. Imagine my makan expenses per day is RM20.. with them around, every month I am paying like RM 2000 just to take care of their makan. Stress man. I dont mind if they work hard or get a decent job. But most of my wife siblings simply dont bother to work and will stay at home to gossip about everyone they know between themselves

Many big families in laid back 3rd world countries are like that. The ones with embitions to improve things all go chase after their dreams outside their own countries instead.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder if this is the bumi-effect which spread to the Chinese and Indians ...
Sure its the Bumis.
Of course you never find freeloading relatives back in mother country China.
I bet no corruption, no crime, after all its the kingdom of heaven there..
Bad Bumis.
Wonder why you all come here.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree. The proximity of Nusajaya to S'pore is the driving factor behind the capital appreciation of the properties. If not, we would all be buying or staying in KL.

It's driven by demand from S'poreans, S'pore PRs and expats working in S'pore, due to the high prices in S'pore. These people prefer to buy or rent in Nusajaya, as for the same amount of money which would buy/rent you a 3-room or 4-room HDB flat in S'pore, you can get a house with garden in Nusajaya. Simple as that.

I am not disillusioned at all. In fact, I'm delighted that there is still a buying opportunity in Nusajaya.

Well if JB can provide our 2 millions FTs trash with pay like 5K sing a month , give them PRs and all the jest our beloved gov provided them , I think Nusajaya got chance to be on par with SG property. If these same group of FTs come to JB , they might not even get RM 2K leh . Tell you wat , I myself might not qualified to be a Malaysian PR even I love to .
If I am not wrong our FTs population is more than the population in JB city liao . I think another part of the equation might be per capital income and citical population size which JB lack. JB city is as old as Singapore independent ,even closer to Singapore , look at properties price there , no where near Singapore leh

What happen if 10yrs down the road , you wanted to sell your property for 1.5M ringit , you are told that you can only sell to local Malaysian because your estate have hit the foreigher threshold of 20% , something like HDB got minority race restriction.

I too belive that Nusajaya property have more room to growth , but might not be leap and bounce lah. Have to tone down expectation especially after the recent run up .

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I decided to check for you.

I checked out around Thistle Hotel for singapore mobile operator signals.

I detected all three operators.

The signal strength was strong as well

I will go over to Thistle hotel and to check out the Singtel Signal and probably around different locations in the condo.

Yes, I am using Digi Discovery Day for running about. P1 at home.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is wrong forum for this , but just to share something interesting with bros here , who decided to join JB club for one reason or another , indirectly might got to do with FTs issue .
Link here:=
http://thesatayclub.net/2011/06/flashback-tan-cheng-bock-george-yeo-clash-over-immigration/

TCB's point was that in an emergency, we should take care of our own people first. This is commonsense and I agree.

GY goes off tangent and philosophical about showing one's true character. It's like saying you take care of your neighbours but treat your own family like sh!t. If Pinoys (for eg) cannot find jobs, surely that is the Pinoy Govt's problem?

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
So vigilance and 'go in peace' seems to be the best way, since they will be there long after we become fodder ourselves.
Good, environment friendly, peace loving way of settling the problem. I do that with coakcroaches, ants and other insects in my house too. I find it most effective too.

Erm ... I fully appreciate your Buddhist approach Cathy, but, sorry to confess, I zap cockroaches, mosquitoes and ants any way I can.
But I am fine with lizards, who eat the insects. My two cats ensure we NEVER have a mouse or rat, and our older cat actually killed a small snake outside the gate on the road - such a brilliant creature she is!
Balance. So we are trying our best.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
So vigilance and 'go in peace' seems to be the best way, since they will be there long after we become fodder ourselves.

Erm ... I fully appreciate your Buddhist approach Cathy, but, sorry to confess, I zap cockroaches, mosquitoes and ants any way I can.
But I am fine with lizards, who eat the insects. My two cats ensure we NEVER have a mouse or rat, and our older cat actually killed a small snake outside the gate on the road - such a brilliant creature she is!
Balance. So we are trying our best.

Actually, if you keep you place clean, don't upset the food chain, the food chain will take care of itself. :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Great buy. Somehow I got this feeling that a normal terrace in Horizon Hills and East Ledang will be launched from RM 1 million soon. By the time they reach the launching of WaterFall, Peak etc, price will be scary as there are various interesting themes still in place

Thanks, horizonhills. Chances are you will be right. At RM1 million, it's still cheap by S'pore standards - only S$410,000, equivalent to the price of a 4 room HDB flat. Well, that will be good for all of us who have bought houses in Nusajaya. In 10 years' time, the price could go up to RM1.5 million, when Nusajaya is up and swinging. Again, still cheap by S'pore standards. I got texted by an agent in S'pore about 10 Shelford Road - 2 bedroom unit asking for S$1.7 million! 3 bedroom asking S$2.5 million. Crazy or what? How can anyone afford such prices? Only foreigners. Definitely beyond buying power of locals.

Dont get too carried away , always remember it is all about JB living . We are here for sweet and afforable living . I think it is wrong to use SG property as a reference point when we are talking about JB property , it is really very different market leh .
A more acurate reference point might be JB city or at best KL properties .

Well if JB can provide our 2 millions FTs trash with pay like 5K sing a month , give them PRs and all the jest our beloved gov provided them , I think Nusajaya got chance to be on par with SG property. If these same group of FTs come to JB , they might not even get RM 2K leh . Tell you wat , I myself might not qualified to be a Malaysian PR even I love to .
If I am not wrong our FTs population is more than the population in JB city liao . I think another part of the equation might be per capital income and citical population size which JB lack. JB city is as old as Singapore independent ,even closer to Singapore , look at properties price there , no where near Singapore leh

What happen if 10yrs down the road , you wanted to sell your property for 1.5M ringit , you are told that you can only sell to local Malaysian because your estate have hit the foreigher threshold of 20% , something like HDB got minority race restriction.

I too belive that Nusajaya property have more room to growth , but might not be leap and bounce lah. Have to tone down expectation especially after the recent run up .

I would like to share my opinion on the above discussion. Firstly, I think you guys basically have the same thinking about the direction of property prices of Nusajaya(or Iskandar as a whole) but expressed it differently. All of you actually foresee that prices will appreciate. The question is, to what extend?

Nusajayaphile used Singapore's price to give a rough idea of possible future prices of Nusajaya(Iskandar) but was mistaken that he thinks Nusajaya's price can, in the future, reach Singapore's price. He don't mean it that way at all, he simply meant that for example if Singapore's lower end price of private properties are around SGD800 psf, Singaporeans will feel that SGD200 psf in Nusajaya is still very affordable.

Jason, on the other hand, suggested using KL's price as the highest possible reference point, that'll be maybe around SGD300 psf. So even if it don't reach KL's price, it'll still be around SGD200 psf. Thus, both are actually talking about roughly the same possible target. (Note; Present price for high end properties in Nusajaya is around SGD100 psf)

As for the need for JB to have its own high-population of middle-income earners in order to sustain such high-end properties and its pricing. My view is that 50% of these middle-income earners will be from Singapore. Not just Singaporeans, but anyone earning their income in Singapore but wanting to be 'Living in Johor'. Aren't you guys in this thread doing that now? The number of like-minded ones will increase when Nusajaya is more developed. More HDB owners, just like some of you here, will also want to rent out their pigeon hole and stay in a nice landed property located in a nice city like Nusajaya, at an affordable price. Thus, Johor don't need to rely solely on its own ability to create so many high end jobs by attracting so many MNCs, Johor has Singapore next door and Singapore Already has the big population of middle-income earners who are ready to come over to stay when Nusajaya(Iskandar) is more developed. In this special case, Johor just need to be 50% successful in order to be 100% successful as Singapore will support its other 50% lack. States like Terengganu will definitely not have such an advantage.

The prices of properties in the old JB city wasn't even near to Singapore's price because there wasn't any high-end properties on offer in the past and Iskandar development region hasn't started. Even if there was high-end property on offer in old JB city in the past(before announcement of Iskandar project), it is still not enough to attract Singaporeans as the city itself is quite run-down. Nusajaya(Iskandar) is different because it is a whole new beautiful city with high-end housings and Singaporeans are attracted to it. But due to the many failed Malaysian government's projects and the unreliability of the Government, many Singaporeans still prefer to stay on the sideline and adopt the wait-and-see attitude. But have no doubt that as long as the city takes shape, demand from Singaporeans will slowly increase along with the progress in development.

Of course there's a risk that Nusajaya might become another white elephant. There's a risk in every investment, nothing is risk free. You judge on the probability and decides for yourself. No risk no gain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.