• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Definitely an offence to bring back, please do not bring this back to Singapore.

Hi wuqi,

I saw in one old the old post you reply "Pepper spray can be purchased easily from Tesco btw"

Is it an offense to buy one and carry back to sg? I could put inside bag or just leave in car. Just wondering when we enter the checkpoint, the custom will check car boot and sometimes our belongings and glove compartment. What happens if they found one?

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
The is what the SE at 1 Medini reply to my queries,

"For 1Medini Project, foreigner can buy at any price even less than RM500K but still need to pay the RM10K state consent. FYI our project is 99 lease.
For bedroom available price from RM373,000 to RM430,000, 2 bedroom from RM455,230 to RM521,500."

So not all resi are min $500k threshold and Levy still remains at $10K, heard that levy is up to $30k now?

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
The is what the SE at 1 Medini reply to my queries,

"For 1Medini Project, foreigner can buy at any price even less than RM500K but still need to pay the RM10K state consent. FYI our project is 99 lease.
For bedroom available price from RM373,000 to RM430,000, 2 bedroom from RM455,230 to RM521,500."

So not all resi are min $500k threshold and Levy still remains at $10K, heard that levy is up to $30k now?

Medini is a special zone where foreigners are allowed to buy less than RM500k.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure some of you might have seen this before by BBC and I find it rather interesting to review some of the comments made some time last year. Since then, we seen the realisation of Johor Premium Outlet, Legoland Malaysia and Indoor Theme Park. Personally, I find the development made thus far in Iskandar to be incredibly successful. I recently made up with a local business owner in JB whom previously (2 years ago while I was evaluating whether or not to take the leap of faith into Nusajaya) commented that as always Iskandar will remain to be a "white elephant". This time he told me that he can't even believe his eyes the vast development Iskandar Malaysia has made in transforming Johor Bharu.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/fast_track/9575962.stm

Very nicely put, Malaysia need Singapore and Singapore need Malaysia. In our globalisation era, Iskandar will be a blessing for both......

Cheers
N

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the issue in 99 years leasehold? Cheaper and higher yield. If you can get 7.2% yield you will get back your total investment in 10 years.

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the issue in 99 years leasehold? Cheaper and higher yield. If you can get 7.2% yield you will get back your total investment in 10 years.

I prefer freehold land due to the abundance of it in jb. How did you get 7.2% yield?

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Assuming rental of 3000 per month and purchase price of rm500k

I believe this is the gross rental yield you are calculating. If taking into account costs of maintenance fees, agent fees, basic renovations and furnishing, etc. The net yield will be much lower.

rental yield calculator.jpg

Last edited:

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm.. can't seem to attached the image on last post

Attachments

• rental yield calculator.jpg
    rental yield calculator.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely. So can you imagine if you are paying 1000 or 1100 psf for Freehold. Even at 4000 rental per month and you have paid 1 million for your apartment what kind of yield you can expect if you factor in other costs. ?

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precisely. So can you imagine if you are paying 1000 or 1100 psf for Freehold. Even at 4000 rental per month and you have paid 1 million for your apartment what kind of yield you can expect if you factor in other costs. ?

1000psf is super high, it's almost reaching singapore prices in terms of per sq ft.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone got lobang for landscaping?

Hey Wuqi,

Recently went to Singapore Expo Hall 6 for their furniture and landscape exhibition. I got quoted for a fiberglass casing for a koi fish pond at SGD $2k++ at 3m long and 1m wide. I was wondering if you have contacts for the same but locally as in in JB Malaysia?

Thanks in advance
Dante

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rental yield is only half the story. The other half is capital gain. Generally, 99 yr leasehold has relatively high rental yield but lower capital gain, especially after the first 10 years where depreciation will start to set in much faster than freehold properties.

So there's no absolute win investment. It all depends on your capital and cash flow, coupled with the investment horizon to decide which is best for you.

sileung

Alfrescian
Loyal
A quick question for those that has been saying in JB but working in Singapore . Do you apply the MM2H program or you just use your passport to go in and out of Malaysia everyday? Is there a limited each year on how many times you can enter Malaysia? Is there a must to apply MM2H if I want to stay in JB but work in Singapore? Apology if this has been discussed before as I am new here. Thanks a lot.

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Persada home fair is coming up this weekend!
Super excited as it is my first time checking out the place, hope it's not too jam pack:cool:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Quick updates:

TGV Cinema in Bukit Indah is closed until 17th Nov.
The amusement centre on the 3rd floor is closed temporarily as well.
There is a sale going on at the ground floor womans clothing store near Maybank, might be worth a visit.

Hatten Hotel in Malacca - Defintely worth every cent we paid. Food is pretty nice, breakfast wonderful, rooms are nice and clean.
Pools and most of the facilities are great (some parts still building though) Child friendly and good views. Staff was exceedingly
honest, returned all the way to our room to return us the change for room service even though we told them to keep it.

Wifi was bad for the rooms though, only lobby and 12th floor (pool, etc has it) BUT the wifi signal was so strong that more than 7 stories up, we were still able to receive it. Lots of properties on sale by Hatten at the hotel though and looked a bit weird in the lobby but internally it has a small mall and lots of IT related stores. Connectivity to the other malls are pretty good as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.