• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro. in fact there is no need to buy the fans from SG. KDK prices in JB are way lower than SG. Lately I have the pleasure of refining my reno/furnishing budget and realised in Msia, if one din gun for the top or foreign brands etc, generally prices such as aircon, water heater, furnitures etc are way lower than SG. Quality is not too far from SG..some items are in fact better. It makes me realised what BIG carrot I have been for the last dont know how many years.

I was telling my wife I may just resign my day job in SG and rot there permanently. haha.

Yah, agreed that pricing is ok compared to SG. Reason why got from SG is because here don't have much choice for fan with light kit. But after this unpleasant incident, would rather have no choice than to go through the hassle and of bringing the items back to SG and the frustration of explaining the faults.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the causeway toll will be increased but definitely not as high as reported now. It is simply not viable. They will talk talk talk, then complain complain complain... and cut down.

On the other hand, I have been hearing alot of reports about danga waterfront project, it will be a mixed development with business center, residential, conference hall etc. During the "Chingay" festival recently, abang Najib had announced that RM200 million will be invested to furhter enchanced JB downtown, including another shopping mall near the current City Square, improvement on Sungai Seget etc, to make it some sort like "Gurney drive" in penang where people could walk along the beach/river, under the management of IWH (Iskandar Waterfront Holdings). It is reported that Dijaya CorpBhd is investing 3.8 billion, Singapore's Azea Residences will also contribute RM500 million, Australia's Walker Group would also invest in senibong cove etc, blah blah.

Today, star Biz reported that the Brunsfield group will also joint venture with IWH for a gross development value of RM3 billion at danga waterfront. Brunsfield is known for a number of high end development eg. bungalows at Damansara with price tags of RM3000 per sqf, and other projects such as Oyster Cove , exclusive waterfront resort on Australia's gold coast.

So, obviously all these project at the waterfront will not be cheap, do you think it will be successful 5-10 years from now? If so, do you think downtown JB will see some appreciation in the future and it will be good to get a unit for investment in the near future? So far, i have been looking at Nusajaya, what do you guys think about JB waterfront? Thx.

Some concerns of long-term oversupply are beginning to emerge .....

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/2/15/business/10738848&sec=business

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some concerns of long-term oversupply are beginning to emerge .....

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/2/15/business/10738848&sec=business

Similar to Singaporeans, the locals salaries have simply not caught up with housing prices. That said, one can't go wrong if you buy for home stay, esp if the location is near the big malls like Jusco, Giant etc. I am quite interested in JB waterfront as I foresee a price rise when the MRT is completed. That said, I am rather wary of the actual implementation. Will see how things pan out first over the next 12 months....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normally don't celebrate Valentines day to avoid being fleeced by this year just went ahead with the norm and did it at Yews cafe. Was a bit steep their pricing and on retrospect, should have done it at the HH cafe since even their general menu has improved signifcantly. Just had a meeting there last Sat and this was brought up, service and English still needs some brushing up though but generally the food selection is good.

The problem with JB is there are not many restaurants for romantic occasions. I can only think of Gianni, Chez Papa, Eight Lido, George & Dragons... It will take quite a while before we see the atas restaurants emerging in JB.......

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi teck21 bro...what aircon brand and HP u getting man?..

Bro. in fact there is no need to buy the fans from SG. KDK prices in JB are way lower than SG. Lately I have the pleasure of refining my reno/furnishing budget and realised in Msia, if one din gun for the top or foreign brands etc, generally prices such as aircon, water heater, furnitures etc are way lower than SG. Quality is not too far from SG..some items are in fact better.

Yah, my wife's relative from KL did mention there's no need to buy foreign brand aircons since not using split systems anyway. There can have system one all over the place why bother with split systems. I picked the most expensive System-4 for my SG place when renovating it, and it's absolute shit anyway.

Of course contractor I was speaking to 'recommended' Daikin and will quote accordingly. Quote only so never mind lah, let him quote aircons made of gold if he wants. First contractor hasn't come back to me with a quotation in one week, so I won't use him. He didn't look comfortable with our requirements and we also not comfortable with using him. So much for a personal recommendation! Saw second contractor two days ago who I know has done a few units in HH, waiting for his quotation now.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Geritan, Understand, then i stand corrected as indeed fans with lights are kind of limited. I used those from Adamas, each about 250 RM. Works so well for me that whenever possible, i will use this type of fans.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yah, my wife's relative from KL did mention there's no need to buy foreign brand aircons since not using split systems anyway. There can have system one all over the place why bother with split systems. I picked the most expensive System-4 for my SG place when renovating it, and it's absolute shit anyway.

Of course contractor I was speaking to 'recommended' Daikin and will quote accordingly. Quote only so never mind lah, let him quote aircons made of gold if he wants. First contractor hasn't come back to me with a quotation in one week, so I won't use him. He didn't look comfortable with our requirements and we also not comfortable with using him. So much for a personal recommendation! Saw second contractor two days ago who I know has done a few units in HH, waiting for his quotation now.

Agreed as single units are pretty reliable too. I used BH Aircon as well as the electric shop located on level one in Perling Mall. So far no problems with the aircons for all the houses.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I have to agree, some of my learned neighbours say the same thing about them.

One of them has a unit at Casa Almyra and took a long time to sort things out for him. One thing though, they did do in the end what they promised after he threatened legal action. Additionally, they also did built the extra road to lead to outside so it has helped that property considerably as the residents no longer have to pass through other houses to get there.

Danga Island doesn't seem to have much going on though.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Botak,

I remembered you gave a detailed account of the comparisons between Navara, Hilux and D-max. I am planning to get a local car and I always see D-max bragging about how fuel efficient this car is. Is it really that fuel-efficient and diesel-friendly than Hilux? I love driving around Malaysia, to Penang or Alor Star but I am questioning why I should pay RM 2.80 per liter of petrol if I can pay RM 1.80 for diesel. One trip I can easily save RM 200 and I make many trips in a year.

Nice car, i got myself a diesel one as well recently, so far so good as its CR and is a turbo diesel. Drives like a petrol car. :smile:

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Teck, i know that you plan to expand the 2 bed rooms by removing the aircon ledge, i am thinking of doing the same too (when the house is ready), so where are u going to install your aircon? are u not using split unit aircon?

P/S: sorry, after reading your post again seems like you will be using single unit aircon, how's single vs split unit? i always thought split unit is better....? coz the single ones are old model?

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow Japanese bought over 80 units. Living within a Japanese community will be super Great.
The Japanese are very nice culture pples. Should consider Medini seriously.:*:

Already saw quite a few at Jusco every weekend, especially at Daiso. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks, really busy, got very sick and then so many things happened recently, really was out of action.
Most of the aircon units you will see people using in MY are all single unit aircons and each has its own
compressor mounted externall. Some find it ugly and put in additional costs to group all the compressor
units together.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Bro Wuji,

Can you advise what is the procedure on getting a maid? My whole family on Visit Pass.
I will heed your advise and get a Malaysia car, U Turn at the custom just to get their 'chops' renewed. - They all have MACS.
(Thanks for trying that out for me).

seller had already signed the S&P as well. So right into state approval, requires at least 3 months.. holy god.. Malaysia's government are sooo efficient .. haha..

Hi LGLab, sorry for the late reply. You just need to go through a maid agency, there are better regulations on them these days. Just ask your neighbours who has one. Its not complicated, getting Indonesian ones was for a while but its better now. I am glad to hear about the MACS. It does take a while but will come eventually. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Perfectcircle, so sorry to hear about your circumstances, getting your own lawyer is a better case and you are well within your rights to get a new bank which gives you a better rate. I will still stay away from that bank she introduced you to, actually even the current bank you are using too.

I agree with HH that their team is very laid back but probably my experience wasn't so bad.

Whats the latest with the deal? Did it conclude to your satisfaction? Valuation report yes, you do need to, your lawyer would be best to advise in the for the SPA, bank documents wise, they will always protect themselves. Things and sometimes circumstances changes for a seller so sometimes things happens. The best situation would be to talk to the seller directly (and nicely) and then things will be sorted out easily.

Sometimes its not a matter of fairness as in the end you just want to get the house you want. Letting the wrong people know that you are in dire straits does not help in any negotiations especially when it appears you are too eager to close the deal. If this deal has not completed, you can consider renting a place in HH or other developments first and then buy later.

I find that its easier to use the soft way rather than the hard way here(but of course, always be ready and prepared to go the hard way if need be)
Always work with your own lawyer where possible, document all requests as well as statements, send not email but actual letters if you decide litigation is the best route.

Don't let this bad incident put you off, i wish the best for you. Bon chance!

Last edited:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teck, i know that you plan to expand the 2 bed rooms by removing the aircon ledge, i am thinking of doing the same too (when the house is ready), so where are u going to install your aircon? are u not using split unit aircon?

P/S: sorry, after reading your post again seems like you will be using single unit aircon, how's single vs split unit? i always thought split unit is better....? coz the single ones are old model?

Space is a constraint in high rise living, you usually have place to mount only one multi-split system compressor unit. The con is that if it fails, you will be without air-conditioning for the whole condo/apartment. That's why Malaysians living in landed properties can afford to fix/mount multiple compressor units. If one fails just replace that unit. :smile:

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal
wa bro. u went in by causeway?..

For BH, I think should finish in the next 2-3 months...i still waiting for the roads to be done..

cheers.

Yes, I always use Woodland Checkpoint. Very much convenience for me since I stayed close to woodland.
for some units, I agree it should finish within next 2-3 months, but overall, I dont think it is possible. there are still many units well far behind. The guy in sale office told me that some unit should be done in April. If I am not, the sales guy is called Mr Ng. he is based in KSL office near Bestmart.

Qube3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just heard that the Marlborough college is quite oversuscribed and had to resort to balloting for places.
Also heard that the main breakdown is 80/20 where 20% is from the locals. Was quite surprised when told
by their primary choice for rental location was but i shall digress. :smile:

Thanks for the info/update bro, do you know what was the intake for the entire school?

Status
Not open for further replies.