• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Omg u guys go there already~i too bz to go...wow seems our house getting better hehe

bz with wedding?..bro...suggest u set up one table during your wedding specially for us forum folks. i will make sure i give big ang pao..haha..in RM hor.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
For bros and sis who are going to reno their house, I would like to share my own experience.

I bought ceiling fans from Sin thinking it will be more reliable and nicer lighting. Who knows out of 7 fans i got from this company at kaki bukit 2, 2 got major motor problem, 2 got slight humming sound from motor. I have to get the installer to remove them and bring them to the company. Though motor has a life-time warranty, they still charge me for servicing. Worst, the installer will charge me another installation fee once motor repaired. (happpened within 1 month of installation)
I am very fed up with this company, as their so called lifetime warranty is not real. Your fan must be stopped moving in order for them to replace. If not, they will still charge you for parts. And their after sale is terrible. Talk to their ah-tiong clerk can vomit. She is not at all helpful. Instead she will cause you anxiety and flares.

So far, my experience with local shops are much better. Got a light bulb not working, brought back to the shop. Replaced without checking the receipt.

If your product got problem, just replace lah. Don't try to give excuse, then find ways to charge consumer.

Therefore, I think it is more advisable to get electrical appliances here in jb for easy warranty claim. And I definitely going to boycott that fan company.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro. in fact there is no need to buy the fans from SG. KDK prices in JB are way lower than SG. Lately I have the pleasure of refining my reno/furnishing budget and realised in Msia, if one din gun for the top or foreign brands etc, generally prices such as aircon, water heater, furnitures etc are way lower than SG. Quality is not too far from SG..some items are in fact better. It makes me realised what BIG carrot I have been for the last dont know how many years.

I was telling my wife I may just resign my day job in SG and rot there permanently. haha.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought all my household appliances and furnishing here in JB except for my Plasma TV and microwave oven. Even then, I still bought another PANASONIC LED TV for my bedroom, which was also cheaper than BEST DENKI S'pore as I had compared their prices before making that purchase.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also, quite impressed recently, a SG neighbour was apparently away in SG (doesn't really talk to us much) and their water pipe burst (where they installed water filter), guards came by
and called the owners. Even rang our doorbell to ask if we can be witness as they climbed over the fence to turn off the water inside(turning off the outside one was a bit useless as they had modified the water pipes)

They didn't really needed to care but they did.

This kind of thing is what will gain allies. Companies should encourage employees to be looking out for how they can do more for customers. By delighting customers you create great value. When you do the minimum customers require they will want the cheapest prices and will constantly be looking for an alternative. If you delight customers they don't want to lose you and will not go looking for new providers.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Danga Bay tonite will have fireworks in conjunction with Valentine. So if u guys are in the vicinity can drop by.

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro. in fact there is no need to buy the fans from SG. KDK prices in JB are way lower than SG. Lately I have the pleasure of refining my reno/furnishing budget and realised in Msia, if one din gun for the top or foreign brands etc, generally prices such as aircon, water heater, furnitures etc are way lower than SG. Quality is not too far from SG..some items are in fact better. It makes me realised what BIG carrot I have been for the last dont know how many years.

I was telling my wife I may just resign my day job in SG and rot there permanently. haha.

True...most of the items either bought from SG or MY originated from China anyway...hahahaha...

Last edited:

typh00n

Alfrescian
Loyal
Check out Sin Chew Daily on 12/2/2012.

I am thinking they don't have to put the toll at CIQ.
But after CIQ, they can put toll( i.e erp) at EDL and Tebrau highway, and no toll if to other roads.
EDL fee at twice tebrau highway's fee.
Then Singapore side cannot increase their price.....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Geritan, i think you may have missed some of the posts as this has been discussed in earlier pages and folks have been saying that for fans and simple electrical items. Johore is better except for some specialty items. Fans, i use KDK for most of the exhaust and ceiling fan installation. I use Panasonic as well as Midea for own as well as my rental houses.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Recently quite funny, i had a tenant move out after 2 years and my friend had one who moved out after one year. Both Singaporeans from what i understand, then one called me to handover keys using an MY phone on a day when they are supposed to be normally back in SG. When handing over to us, then found out they have bought a house here. My friends tenant though is moving deeper inwards as their SG company has new business in Senai. Both of our place got tenanted out within a month that our respective tenants moved out though so got lucky. I cheated as i was using an agent while my friend got his rented out through word of mouth alone.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Quite a few times in fact, either i park my car at one of the parks in a precint i don't stay (but where i own houses), they will check on me.
Even for another project, Nusa Duta, i went with my friends today and was quite surprised to be denied access and only after quite a
few checks did they allow us in.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Normally don't celebrate Valentines day to avoid being fleeced by this year just went ahead with the norm and did it at Yews cafe. Was a bit steep their pricing and on retrospect, should have done it at the HH cafe since even their general menu has improved signifcantly. Just had a meeting there last Sat and this was brought up, service and English still needs some brushing up though but generally the food selection is good.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Yonglip,

Yes, a lot of electrical items, car maintenance, etc. We were really huge carrots. A learned friend went to Trendy today and remarked that generally, the lights here were VERY REASONABLE compared to SG.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just heard that the Marlborough college is quite oversuscribed and had to resort to balloting for places.
Also heard that the main breakdown is 80/20 where 20% is from the locals. Was quite surprised when told
by their primary choice for rental location was but i shall digress. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Saw the earlier posting on the Greens spiking up within a week. Yes even my learned neighbours and folks were shocked by the recent rise in prices. Heard another developer is mirroring their prices already.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
1. Again folks, when buying houses, try to buy them new and subsale only if you cannot find other choices. If you must buy subsale, avoid the developers own staff who may have vested interest and you may be placed at a disadvantage later should anything go wrong.
2. Again, buy with the view for own stay first and investment later (if it makes sense)

These are both worth only 1 cent each so 2 of them forms my 2 cents worth. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Saw a lot of construction finishing at the government quarters at Gelang Patah side (near the Nusa Sentral), seems they are finishing things quite fast these days.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Btw, like to share with all that i am pretty happy with the Unifi service here, have it for a while now, so far so good. Good upload speeds too.

Hope this will be maintained but i know after a while, all the telcos are the same no matter which country, they will bring in beancounters who will always tell the staff:

Less is more, less is more. Then they will make things so bad for everyone yet save the company only some money but bring more bad than good. People leave and eventually bean counters leaves only to do more damage in other companies. Not to say all are bad but those who are bad are bad enough.

Last edited:

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Geritan, i think you may have missed some of the posts as this has been discussed in earlier pages and folks have been saying that for fans and simple electrical items. Johore is better except for some specialty items. Fans, i use KDK for most of the exhaust and ceiling fan installation. I use Panasonic as well as Midea for own as well as my rental houses.

Actually, i did check out in jb but they have limited choice for those that come with lights. Anyway, lesson learned for me. Never buy things from advertisment saying warehouse sale. Nothing genuine. I also bought quite a few items from jb shop and actually quite like the salespeople and their after sales service.

Status
Not open for further replies.