• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kent Ridge Common vs Kelvin Teo - Who is telling the truth?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Note the use of the trademark "we" word when it has been one individual for years. Same guy masquerading as panel of writers/editors/contributors.

Wait for the next serious socio/political blog to appear and he will start emailing the leading writer/contributor to jump ship and then screw the guy.

You are right. We are too naive to think that we can work with students’ groups. It is a valuable lesson for us – that all the sites’ domains and servers must be owned by us before we even invest a single cent in them. The writers will be more of “contract workers” than direct stakeholders in the sites.[/COLOR] Unfortunately, money still talks the loudest in real life. Sometimes, it is better to work with mercenaries than visionaries.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

You might want to add that Bob was "Case Zero' or "Patient Zero". The model of paying idiots to do your dirty work started with the WP and it just escalated from that. The pysch model is the pervert or arsonist who starts small and soon graduates to being a rapist and setting entire neighborhoods alight.

That hate campaign against individuals and threats have ceased, can't imagine why ?

Thanks

Locke

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I too am puzzled. Looks like a new direction. He has also changed the names of his imaginary editorial and writing panels completely. The new persona is Manish Kumari as the Managing Editor. Albeit this time around there are few genuine warm bodies that are writing and I bet you like Ejay, they have no clue who he is. Note the new names, more creative names this time - Tashia Dixon etc

Sadly a blog dedicated to me in wordpress by him as also disappeared.

I suspect that google ads and the paypal donations are streaming in and his entreprenuership ears has pricked up. Note he has also decided to do the charity con via his so called Project Kasih and seeking donations to place the homeless.

From character assasination, slander and Libel, its now outright fraud.

Got to see the comments that are being made by genuine suckers - sad.

Just in case I forget, here are prior nicks of G.
Aviation Lim
Avantas
Limtuakang
Fkpore
Thinknothing
and many more that is yet to come to mind.

That hate campaign against individuals and threats have ceased, can't imagine why ?

Thanks

Locke

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have no right to take back what you have given (although i do not know if there is a precedent for it - copyright laws being what it is, it is constantly trying to find its feet)

In this case, it is not so much a matter of copyright but an abuse of trust. That person was trusted to manage the site and this trust extends to not taking down the site.

It is dangerous to associate with him for the simple reason that he can do the same to you.

If it is given, it cannot be taken back. But posting something does not imply that it is given, just that the site is allowed to use the content. The permission can be withdrawn at any time.

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Temasekreview probably gave Kelvin an offer that he cannot refuse. However, to betray your friends for your personal benefit speaks a lot about a person's character.

I would focus on Temasekreview instead and question their intention of doing so to KRC. Temasekreview had previously offered to finance some of the local varsity linked portals and now we probably understand the reason behind it.

Maybe it was to create chaos within the teams managing those portals so that with less competition, Temasekreview's readership will increase?

I suppose if there are other portals that are in discussion with Temasekreview better reconsider their options or one of their membership may just join Temasekreview like Kelvin.

http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/11/02/kelvin-teo-explains/

It is not as simple as it seems. It seems revelations that a government scholar is involved and the act by this Kelvin Teo is to save his articles.

Lester, just so you know that I am not joking when I said I do check and do call, the new KRC is now headed by a Scholar Lady from MOE and is it the MAIN REASON why Kelvin wanted out, the details of WHY is clearly known to you.

Anyway, I am really not interested in the politics of KRC’s affairs and posted what I have learnt from a source I trust to be reliable and I appreciate your update to the whole silly fiasco.

However, you yourself admitted that you have changed the login to the shared hosting account which is registered in your name, then HOW ON EARTH can “The control of the entire site is in Kelvin’s hands now. The SQL databases containing all of our articles and information is only accessible to him, and him only. We are still awaiting for him to give us our old articles back”?

I am quite familiar with cpanel myself having toyed with it and created the chinese language addons for chinese users. I certainly know that once you have access to cpanel, you have control of EVERYTHING under that panel, be it email, mysql, etc etc. So then I fail to see your claim that Kelvin is instead having your articles?

UNLESS of course Kelvin still has the shared account login information but thats quite unbelievable because you are the registered owner/client of the said account and all you needed to do was to contact the host and have the password login reset.

Eitherway, like I have said in my previous post, to each his own, lets settle this matter amicably like 2 mature adults.

Agree to meet in the centre and each take his own data back and get the site up and running and to be fair to Kelvin, he did explicitly indicated in this thread that “I will also do my best to transfer articles not written by me back to the Kent Ridge Common’s owners”.

I am not sure who has the control panel login to cpanel but the one who has it should simply just facilitate the other party or his trusted appointee to download the data and move on.

I am willing to help grab the data if you think it would help to resolve this issue amicably.

My contact is [email protected] if I can be of any assistance.

Last edited:

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently Kent Ridge Common has changed their announcement. Here is the original announcement from them:

6z4w3q.jpg

Which can cause one to speculate. According to sources at TR, a scholar lady is involved. Subsequently, Kelvin Teo is asked to leave in the above message. Then, KRC publishes an article praising the old man which they never did when Kelvin Teo was around.

I guess there more to it than it meets the eye!

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you still blur. Look at your first post.

We all know KRC well. Profiro did the first set of intros. No issues with their credibility. They are all warm bodies and their identity is genuine. You are trying to preach the converted.

So who were you referring to when you made the statement below in your first post.

"Ironically, these sociopolitical blogs have been calling for opposition to unite, but they themselves can't even get their smaller asses together"

I am sure it was not the NTUC inhouse magazine or Petir that you were referring to.

Actually, at KRC, it is the old guy kelvin who is doing most of the legwork. He was in touch with most of the opposition people as well as other interviewees.

I actually found his interviews at http://kelvinteowrites.wordpress.com
off the Singapore News Alternative website.

They are the same interviews that they publish at KRC. I am not that familiar with Lester. I have seen Kelvin at the Reform Party dinner. I don't ever remember seeing Lester at any of the functions.

It is sad that KRC terminated him.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree that Kelvin was KRC more than anyone else. Without him, I doubt that they would have a profile. NUS previous attempts have failed including the "Graduate". The last successful and meaningful publicagtion was the Fajar.

Kelvin made one monumental error - shutting down a website. The 90% content of his was not an excuse or a valid reason. He will probably learn from it. One other error was TR but he was not first to be misled.

It remains to be seen if Lester and company can come close but I doubt it. Kelvin in his articles was very topical and incisive. The commitment was clear. Typically Singaporeans are more interested in holding office rather than providing quality content. KRC without Kelvin will likely follow that trait.

So far TR has done a good job of screwing everyone.

Actually, at KRC, it is the old guy kelvin who is doing most of the legwork. He was in touch with most of the opposition people as well as other interviewees.

I actually found his interviews at http://kelvinteowrites.wordpress.com
off the Singapore News Alternative website.

They are the same interviews that they publish at KRC. I am not that familiar with Lester. I have seen Kelvin at the Reform Party dinner. I don't ever remember seeing Lester at any of the functions.

It is sad that KRC terminated him.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kelvin is as good as dead. He can't go back to KRC and TR had terminated his service. He is really screwed this time but I dun pity him for what he had done to KRC.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kelvin must have thought that he was indispensable to KRC for him to pull a stance like this (probably with all the sweet-talk from TR people).

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree that Kelvin was KRC more than anyone else. Without him, I doubt that they would have a profile. NUS previous attempts have failed including the "Graduate". The last successful and meaningful publicagtion was the Fajar.

Kelvin made one monumental error - shutting down a website. The 90% content of his was not an excuse or a valid reason. He will probably learn from it. One other error was TR but he was not first to be misled.

It remains to be seen if Lester and company can come close but I doubt it. Kelvin in his articles was very topical and incisive. The commitment was clear. Typically Singaporeans are more interested in holding office rather than providing quality content. KRC without Kelvin will likely follow that trait.

So far TR has done a good job of screwing everyone.

I agree.

I don't think the content is a valid excuse. There is something going behind the scenes at KRC.

That trait is true for Lester, about holding office. That is why I heard for people in the media grapevine.

But I will not rule out a hijack of KRC. Actually Temasek Review is not really that involved.

I think Kelvin was diplomatic about the whole thing and it is actually Lester who is kicking up a big hooha.

http://kelvinteowrites.wordpress.com/2009/11/06/my-adventures-as-an-amateur-journalist/

"Yes it seems. I will be very happy to depart from the team because it is inevitable that wherever you go, organizations or groups will always undergo a renewal process whereby some people will have to depart to make way for fresh blood and new ideas. Thus, the Kent Ridge Common I believe wants to take a new direction, and I hope it will reach greater heights with this fresh injection! I believe the recent spate of events involving me and KRC might have happened as a result of certain misunderstandings. No third party was involved in the issue between me and KRC, but it is clear they sincerely wanted a new direction and of course I had to make way. It is an inevitable fact of life. There is a Chinese saying that the waves in front will make way for the waves behind."

For the record, Lester has not denied the presence of a scholar in the KRC team which led to Kelvin's departure.

Thus, do you think this is a case of government indirectly controlling a critical media organization? (through scholars)

I mean why get rid of a writer that writes hard-hitting articles, with the latter re-directing his stuff to a new server to the effect of trying to save his articles.

Remember besides Lester's hooha, we haven't heard the Kelvin side of the story. I guess Kelvin is just being diplomatic.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I was surprised with Kelvin and KRC being allowed to go the distance. After Fajar and Wah Piow, Union activities and student publications have always been controlled. Only nominees get to run the show.

KRC must have caught them by surprise. I don't think even Kelvin knows why he was turfed out but the catalyst must have been the issue of prepared questions for old man to answer during his usual session with the students.

Old man has nailed down the workers with NTUC, the private sector with GLCs, the grassroots with PA and he is certainly not going to let students wreck his tenure.

I do recall when MRT was about to go operational, the train drivers after their training session decided to go on strike for higher pay. The next morning the ringleaders were arrested.

KRC will now become another TOC. Lester will probabaly be another Andrew, keen, sincere, attracted to office and title, but you can be rest assured that things like validity of GRC, low electorate participation, high desposit, racial quotas, Ho Ching's many failed ventures etc will not be raised or addressed. You could see that Kelvin with progress and experience will get there evetually.

Your point about getting rid of the most effective writer is telling.

ps. TR is a sideshow at best. One ego with a recent commercial bent. Tomorrow someone will begin to write a sociopolitical blog or make a public statement and Avantas/Thinknothing/Aviation Lim or one his many personas will send and email inviting him to contribute. He even did it to Ken Jeyaretnam.

Thus, do you think this is a case of government indirectly controlling a critical media organization? (through scholars)

I mean why get rid of a writer that writes hard-hitting articles, with the latter re-directing his stuff to a new server to the effect of trying to save his articles.

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I was surprised with Kelvin and KRC being allowed to go the distance. After Fajar and Wah Piow, Union activities and student publications have always been controlled. Only nominees get to run the show.

KRC must have caught them by surprise. I don't think even Kelvin knows why he was turfed out but the catalyst must have been the issue of prepared questions for old man to answer during his usual session with the students.

Old man has nailed down the workers with NTUC, the private sector with GLCs, the grassroots with PA and he is certainly not going to let students wreck his tenure.

I do recall when MRT was about to go operational, the train drivers after their training session decided to go on strike for higher pay. The next morning the ringleaders were arrested.

KRC will now become another TOC. Lester will probabaly be another Andrew, keen, sincere, attracted to office and title, but you can be rest assured that things like validity of GRC, low electorate participation, high desposit, racial quotas, Ho Ching's many failed ventures etc will not be raised or addressed. You could see that Kelvin with progress and experience will get there evetually.

Your point about getting rid of the most effective writer is telling.

ps. TR is a sideshow at best. One ego with a recent commercial bent. Tomorrow someone will begin to write a sociopolitical blog or make a public statement and Avantas/Thinknothing/Aviation Lim or one his many personas will send and email inviting him to contribute. He even did it to Ken Jeyaretnam.

I agree that there is something more to it than it meets the eye. My suspicion is that KRC has a unique position , it being an independent media loosely affiliated to the Institutions of Higher Learning.

The old man already learnt his lessons from the past, especially the chinese schools and the Nanyang Uni. They cannot allow another publication to be the hotbed of revolutionary ideas.

I think we have to look beyond the hooha. Kelvin was just trying to save his articles as gleaned from his explanation at the Temasek Review and lester was making alot of loud noises.

I agree that KRC may pose a major concern to the old man. The bigger picture is whether a media that is in a pole position to influence ideas will be free from intervention. Apparently not, if what they are saying about scholar from MOE is taking over that is true, which is something that KRC didn't deny at the moment. Look at the most recent articles at KRC. Nothing of the sort that is even close to what Kelvin used to produce.

So if they get rid of Kelvin, what of KRC? You and I seem to be on the same wavelength. I do not think any Kelvin-type of writers will be able to last long in KRC if the new management get its way.

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a very interesting point.

So is TR a PAP vehicle? or someone from within the opposition trying to create chaos in the new media market?

This whole show within KRC shows how lack of directions and naive our blogging and online publication community has been. TR had now almost single-handledly brought down KRC with kelvin as the stupid scapegoat.

I m sure KRC will carry on without kelvin. But I dont think kelvin will be trusted anymore within the publication industry in Singapore or anywhere around the world when people know what he did and for his stupid act of treason.

as for TR, if its ever possible, somene pls hunt them down and stop them, not just for the general benefit of Singapore, but in the name of Freedom of Speech as well.

Well, if the claim that KRC is managed by a government scholar is true, maybe what Kelvin did isn't a bad thing after all.

Let's say I run on my own site and some agents that is linked to say Young PAP for example takes over. I would "bomb" out the site too so that what they take over is a destructed shell. This is called self-destruction of infrastructure before the enemy takes over or better known as "Poison shrimp" strategy.

I mean what use is there for KRC as Scroobal mention if they ultimately retire Kelvin?

I have even my doubts if Kelvin really has friends inside, because he was forced to leave. He was the most critical writer there.

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was Kelvin really forced to leave KRC or enticed to leave becos of TR? Only the people inside would know but it is a fact that it did not happen until TR came into the picture.

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe Kelvin is forced to leave. From the media grapevine I heard, there is already a difference in opinion, and from the message below, Kelvin is told to leave. It is consistent with Temasek Review's report that Kelvin subsequently approached to join them. I also think Kelvin has stated on his blog that it was a disagreement between him and KRC in the start. Temasek Review was never in the picture until Kelvin approached to join them after being told to leave KRC. I got this thanks to SNA, in which Kelvin posted a comment there.
http://kelvinteowrites.wordpress.com/2009/11/06/my-adventures-as-an-amateur-journalist/

No third party was involved in the issue between me and KRC, but it is clear they sincerely wanted a new direction and of course I had to make way. It is an inevitable fact of life. There is a Chinese saying that the waves in front will make way for the waves behind.

And there is a change in KRC's direction. They are less hard-hitting after Kelvin's departure it seems. Obviously, when Kelvin is told to make way, it means a nice way of saying he was told to leave. Consistent with KRC's message about them telling Kelvin to leave.

Zenra2OO3

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am more concerned over the future of KRC. It seems Higher Institutions-related media cannot survive critical writers, when they told their best writer to leave. Haiz..sad!