• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

John Tan speaks his mind

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Though personal sacrifices are evident, to the Singaporean its may not be relevant or in their minds not effective.

Taking on the Govt is laudable but the approach must also be laudable and appreciated. Look at Uncle Yap, he is all over the place but no one turned up for his hunger strike.

History has shown that votes can be gotten . Chiam has done that repeatedly though I will be the first to admit that he is no team player.

Lets stop giving excuses and aim for votes. Here are some of the favourite excuses

• Targetted by the Govt
  • Not targetted by the Govt
  • Proxy for the Govt
  • Singaporeans are materialistic
  • fear of retribution
  • Singaporeans do not appreciate personal sacrifice

I think you realise that you have touched on most of these excuses or alluded to them in your various posts

What I touch on is what have occurred and verifiable. You can continue to deny they do not exist.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come in a tiny island with no perceptible cultural or political boundaries with the longest stretch of 44 kms that can be covered in an hr, people of Bt Gombak, Hougang, Anson, Potong Pasir, Nee Soon Centra etc did not seem to be hit by the same fear.

Can' help but sense that you will again avoid answering the question.

Different people react to threats differently. The levels of fear is also different for people and there are different types of fear. There is no survey done to determine how widespread it is but you would have surely experience it before in some of your daily encounters with S'poreans, when it comes to the PAP govt, opposition and politics.

Other forummers have already provided some examples.

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes! 33.3% of the voting population support his actions!

if 1 million voted in the last election....that means 333,000 people support him!

if 2 million voted in the last election....that means 666,000 people support him!

Wah is it? Where you got the statistics from?:eek: Is it your pestors told you that from the 'Brable' ? :eek:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different people react to threats differently. The levels of fear is also different for people and there are different types of fear. There is no survey done to determine how widespread it is but you would have surely experience it before in some of your daily encounters with S'poreans, when it comes to the PAP govt, opposition and politics.

Other forummers have already provided some examples.

I almost think you believe your excuses!

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Felt not in the sense of emotion, but the overall impact on how S'pore is run.

if there is no emotion, there is no feeling.

if there is no feeling, then there is no belonging.

if there is no belonging, that means whatever been put up just dun make sense to those who dun feel and hence bears no belonging and ownership to it.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
The climate of fear exists in S'pore. Some voters are even fearful of reprisals if they voted for opposition because their votes are registered.

Fear? and what fear r u talking abt?

its normal human instinct to worry abt living and livelihood and losing that would disrupt what one would need to do and be responsible to.

have u think of that? or r u too inhuman to notice the needs of others overweight ur "wants" that would kill off the lives of others?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
The material aspect of life isn't everything. There are other values in life which are also important and these values will make S'pore stronger and see us through difficult times.

the 1st responsiblity of anyone, is to provide for their family a save and secure home with food on the table and ease of living.

if u see these needs as materials, i very much wonder how u live and how ur wife and children would think of u when u cant put on the table.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fear? and what fear r u talking abt?

its normal human instinct to worry abt living and livelihood and losing that would disrupt what one would need to do and be responsible to.

have u think of that? or r u too inhuman to notice the needs of others overweight ur "wants" that would kill off the lives of others?

The fear of govt's reprisals and the fear of losing one's job due to a bad economy are two different issues.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
the 1st responsiblity of anyone, is to provide for their family a save and secure home with food on the table and ease of living.

if u see these needs as materials, i very much wonder how u live and how ur wife and children would think of u when u cant put on the table.

Basic material comfort and excessive pursuit of materialism at the expense of everything else are two different issues.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
To you, there is only one path to Rome. To others who are wiser than you, they see other ways.

It is the PAP govt who is undemocratic by using a blanket ban to take away our civil and political rights, which are yearned for by a segment of the population.

just because i dun agree with u doesnt mean i have only one path in mind. dun make such assumption as ur path towards rome aint getting u there either. and if i do have paths leading to rome, i m sure i would have reach there before u do.

U blame the PAP for been undemocratic and yet u refuse to learn in history how PAP could be given that chance to be undemocratic.

thoise that study hostory would know and be very aware that in ruling, any ruler, with no law or conventions or tradition weighting over their heads can abuse and misused whatever power given.

instead of finding ways to bring democracy and ensure that everyone, include PAP realise dthe need for democracy to be a progressive society, u choose to just lament them as undemocractic and induce fear to end ur argument.

if this is ur only path towards rome, then not only u will never reach there, ur lame excues of fear and blaing on others will ensure no pone else will walk with u. and then u will blame others as well and not looking at urself in how u could improve things.

u r indeed more undemocratic, not to mention unreasonable than PAP.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
if there is no emotion, there is no feeling.

if there is no feeling, then there is no belonging.

if there is no belonging, that means whatever been put up just dun make sense to those who dun feel and hence bears no belonging and ownership to it.

The 'felt' refers to the impact on how S'pore is run, which will affect all S'poreans.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I touch on is what have occurred and verifiable. You can continue to deny they do not exist.

Please verify, we are all ears. Also this below as well

"How come in a tiny island with no perceptible cultural or political boundaries with the longest stretch of 44 kms that can be covered in an hr, people of Bt Gombak, Hougang, Anson, Potong Pasir, Nee Soon Centra etc did not seem to be hit by the same fear."

Remember, no more excuses for failures and avoiding posts.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
just because i dun agree with u doesnt mean i have only one path in mind. dun make such assumption as ur path towards rome aint getting u there either. and if i do have paths leading to rome, i m sure i would have reach there before u do.

U blame the PAP for been undemocratic and yet u refuse to learn in history how PAP could be given that chance to be undemocratic.

thoise that study hostory would know and be very aware that in ruling, any ruler, with no law or conventions or tradition weighting over their heads can abuse and misused whatever power given.

instead of finding ways to bring democracy and ensure that everyone, include PAP realise dthe need for democracy to be a progressive society, u choose to just lament them as undemocractic and induce fear to end ur argument.

if this is ur only path towards rome, then not only u will never reach there, ur lame excues of fear and blaing on others will ensure no pone else will walk with u. and then u will blame others as well and not looking at urself in how u could improve things.

u r indeed more undemocratic, not to mention unreasonable than PAP.

In a democracy, SDP and WP can both pursue what they believe to be the most effective method.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please verify, we are all ears. Also this below as well

"How come in a tiny island with no perceptible cultural or political boundaries with the longest stretch of 44 kms that can be covered in an hr, people of Bt Gombak, Hougang, Anson, Potong Pasir, Nee Soon Centra etc did not seem to be hit by the same fear."

Remember, no more excuses for failures and avoiding posts.

Because different people react to threats differently.

For example, Chia Li Tik as a lawyer, dares to represent and join SDP. The Law Society president dared not even comment on political issues. Both are lawyers but both react differently.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fear of govt's reprisals and the fear of losing one's job due to a bad economy are two different issues.

who is talking abt bad ecomony?

i m talking u not understanding the need of the people, the need of the voters and come up with excues to explain why ur party of choice aint been supported.

ur party of choice do not address the needs of the ecomony, ur party of choice do not address the need of a better education so that our children would have a more secured future. heck, i m beginning to wonder if ur party of choice really care abt singaporeans in general and yet seem only to care abt their own chnaqces and righst to express themselves when empty words do not put food on the table.