• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

John Tan speaks his mind

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
more brains? if what chee and gang did required more brains, i really would agree as all the actions done so far had depleted them of all resources and they need more brains to get them and not waste them.

and so what if singaporeans generally are meek, calculative and ultra materialistic? u want their support, then look at what they want and need, not what u want and assume that is what they want.

i can see now that chee and gang, and i believe including urself, not only need gd marking people to teach u how to sell ur ideas, u need gd PR people to teach u how to present urself too. too bad they aint coming out to help u.

That Chee and his activists are able to take on so many in the establishment such as scholars and high IQ PAP politicians with LKY playing a critical role is truly amazing.

Meek, calculative and ultra materialistic S'poreans would be happy to have more rights given to them.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
There appears to be some truth to this. Probably created, encouraged and acknowledged by LKY, "I rather be feared than loved", "if I am not feared I am meaningless":eek:
The climate of fear exists in S'pore. Some voters are even fearful of reprisals if they voted for opposition because their votes are registered.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There appears to be some truth to this. Probably created, encouraged and acknowledged by LKY, "I rather be feared than loved", "if I am not feared I am meaningless":eek:

In this day and age, access to the wider world and our cosmopolitan gates open wide, what perceptible fear is there.

I do recall my mum fearing the PAP in the early day and the nonsense of votes being traced.

I think we should quash this nonsense of "fear" and educate those that are unsure. I know that Wong Kang Seng loves to talk about ballot papers being numbered as a result of a callous remark by the opposition in norder to invoke some fear but this has to stop.

I have no doubt that the PAP will attempt to crush those that get into oppowsition politics but the voters are different kettle of fish. If you recall GCT pork barrel politics in Potong Pasir and the offer of straightforward bribes.

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The climate of fear exists in S'pore. Some voters are even fearful of reprisals if they voted for opposition because their votes are registered.

It obvious that you have strong views and have accepted that your party of choice is not taking the electoral route for reasons that that they have mentioned but do not poison the minds of voters who are prepared to get rid of the useless PAP trash they call MPs.

I have no doubt that tyrannical bastard of an old man and his "knuckle duster" and compliant courts will crush anyone seeking to form or be part of a political party and that fear is real. I readily acknowledge that and the opposition drought is obvious. But which voter has been hauled over the coals for voting opposition.

Please explain which voter or voters suffered or was prosecuted as a result of voting the opposition. Fear mongering of this sort does not do society any good and only serves to prolong the rule of the PAP.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I wholeheartedly agree with you. However, I get the impression that lots of S'poreans still have this irrational "fear" even well educated folk. It appears to have insidiously seeped into our culture propagated by PAP.

In this day and age, access to the wider world and our cosmopolitan gates open wide, what perceptible fear is there.

I do recall my mum fearing the PAP in the early day and the nonsense of votes being traced.

I think we should quash this nonsense of "fear" and educate those that are unsure. I know that Wong Kang Seng loves to talk about ballot papers being numbered as a result of a callous remark by the opposition in norder to invoke some fear but this has to stop.

I have no doubt that the PAP will attempt to crush those that get into oppowsition politics but the voters are different kettle of fish. If you recall GCT pork barrel politics in Potong Pasir and the offer of straightforward bribes.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I wholeheartedly agree with you. However, I get the impression that lots of S'poreans still have this irrational "fear" even well educated folk. It appears to have insidiously seeped into our culture propagated by PAP.

I know the older folks use to talk about it but have not heard it for a very long time until Wong Kan Seng raised it recently. I know the younger generation have no idea what you are talking when this is mentioned.

Frankly have not heard of it since Anson By Elections. I do recall after JBJ's victory, people were anticipating retaliation of individual voters but that was understandable at that time.

I do also recall that old man after one election actually said on TV at the counting centre that they are going to "analyse" the voters which set of tongues wagging. That was years ago.

Frankly, when I raise this to read the ground, I get laughters without exception.

However when contesting election is raised, you can see the fear and the shock and first comment is "are you mad", followed by "they will destroy you"

Maybe we are mixing up the two. I do however agree that we are materialstic aned chose the PAP to avoid HDB prices and stock market plunging but that is a different set of fear.

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal

I believe the fear of the PAP government started in the 1970s when wave after wave of arrest by ISD created an atmosphere of deep unease.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes I truly wonder whether these Singaporeans are worth the effort??

yes! 33.3% of the voting population support his actions!

if 1 million voted in the last election....that means 333,000 people support him!

if 2 million voted in the last election....that means 666,000 people support him!

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
It obvious that you have strong views and have accepted that your party of choice is not taking the electoral route for reasons that that they have mentioned but do not poison the minds of voters who are prepared to get rid of the useless PAP trash they call MPs.

I have no doubt that tyrannical bastard of an old man and his "knuckle duster" and compliant courts will crush anyone seeking to form or be part of a political party and that fear is real. I readily acknowledge that and the opposition drought is obvious. But which voter has been hauled over the coals for voting opposition.

Please explain which voter or voters suffered or was prosecuted as a result of voting the opposition. Fear mongering of this sort does not do society any good and only serves to prolong the rule of the PAP.

Fears come in various forms. Some real, others imagined.

Voting is secret and PAP has put in place procedures to safeguard it. Still, there are people who are worried that the government would .....

The voting behaviours of Chinese immigrants in the recent elections in NZ is something very similar here with a segment of our electorate.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
You raised the most important question of the political struggle of Chee and his activists. I personally feel that Singaporeans don't deserve their personal sacrifices.

All the more Dr Chee and company should move away from their personal sacrifices and move towards a win-win relationship with the voters.

I don't think any voter is happy that Dr Chee is bankrupted. But I think that many voters will be happy if Dr Chee continued speaking for them on issues they want raised and in a manner that gives them confidence in him.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
When it involves something they care about (like their money) they will.

And, you label them as Singaporeans ??

The appropriate label is "Working Class Sinkies"....... Yes, keep repeating that and you will see some light. If you can't, never mind. Try something else.......

Minimally the proof is in the pudding. It has been proven to be untrue that Singaporeans don't dare to speak up. When it involves something they care about (like their money) they will.

The truth in the case of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan is that they don't CARE to speak up.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
You raised the most important question of the political struggle of Chee and his activists. I personally feel that Singaporeans don't deserve their personal sacrifices.

Bad to have such thoughts.......... It is not for the Sinkies of today but for Singaporeans of tomorrow and today. Unless, of course, you intend to move out from here. They are fighting for deserved Singaporeans albeit not many but dun forget, dun be willing slaves........... have your conviction and will.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes! 33.3% of the voting population support his actions!

if 1 million voted in the last election....that means 333,000 people support him!

if 2 million voted in the last election....that means 666,000 people support him!

Wrong. Of the 33.3% who would have voted opposition, 9% couldn't bear to vote for the reCHEEme of the MONGREL who bit his masters' hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan and voted PAP instead.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are the real Sinagporeans. The reCHEEme are the pariah Singkies. And you supporters of the reCHEEme are just like them - pariah Singkie wannabes - putting down anybody who isn't interested in what you have to say.

When it involves something they care about (like their money) they will.

And, you label them as Singaporeans ??

The appropriate label is "Working Class Sinkies"....... Yes, keep repeating that and you will see some light. If you can't, never mind. Try something else.......

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bad to have such thoughts.......... It is not for the Sinkies of today but for Singaporeans of tomorrow and today. Unless, of course, you intend to move out from here. They are fighting for deserved Singaporeans albeit not many but dun forget, dun be willing slaves........... have your conviction and will.

Thank you for the encouragement.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fears come in various forms. Some real, others imagined.

Voting is secret and PAP has put in place procedures to safeguard it. Still, there are people who are worried that the government would .....

The voting behaviours of Chinese immigrants in the recent elections in NZ is something very similar here with a segment of our electorate.

How come in a tiny island with no perceptible cultural or political boundaries with the longest stretch of 44 kms that can be covered in an hr, people of Bt Gombak, Hougang, Anson, Potong Pasir, Nee Soon Centra etc did not seem to be hit by the same fear.

Can' help but sense that you will again avoid answering the question.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Though personal sacrifices are evident, to the Singaporean its may not be relevant or in their minds not effective.

Taking on the Govt is laudable but the approach must also be laudable and appreciated. Look at Uncle Yap, he is all over the place but no one turned up for his hunger strike.

History has shown that votes can be gotten . Chiam has done that repeatedly though I will be the first to admit that he is no team player.

Lets stop giving excuses and aim for votes. Here are some of the favourite excuses

• Targetted by the Govt
  • Not targetted by the Govt
  • Proxy for the Govt
  • Singaporeans are materialistic
  • fear of retribution
  • Singaporeans do not appreciate personal sacrifice

I think you realise that you have touched on most of these excuses or alluded to them in your various posts