• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is it a car tyre problem or is it a bad fengshui issue? These four cars lost control at the same spot.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
can’t be the bend and speed. no oil patch too. otherwise can see discoloration on overpass. moreover, vehicles are not speeding like on u.s. or euro freeways. the bend is so mild one can go 69mph or more with no issues. some cars spilled out of the leftmost lane and some rightmost lane, thus it’s not overtaking issues that result in these accidents. if no ghost, must be inattentive or distracted drivers - may be sexting while driving. any slight bend with an incline will cause a distracted driver to overcompensate.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
@glocky
@nayr69sg
@Devil Within

You're all correct in some way. except no kuis involved. Devil within has it mostly nailed.

The explanation category that actually fits best is feng shui.

All the events happened on wet roads. It's not so obvious in the 2nd one, but there are still tyre tracks. What happens is that there's actually a layer of slick crap (long explanation omitted) that accumulates on dry roads over time. When it first starts raining is when it is at it's most slippery because all this now has a chance to rise and interact with the car tyres. So #1 is the road surface becomes more slick.

If you all notice, all cars involved in the accidents enter the same condition which is oversteer. To generate oversteer, there are a number of ways. Pertinent to this situation, the cars are in lift-off oversteer which results from getting off the gas and/or onto the brakes which devil within has stated. The slick surface and this action of transferring the weight in the car are not necessarily enough to send the car into oversteer.

In addition to the 1st two points this is also why it's feng shui. In my opinion, the cars are not appreciably speeding. What's happening is that they are doing what typical sinkie drivers do. Daydreaming along in their own little zone. As the road rises, it starts to join up with the other side. All of a sudden, the hypnotized drivers suddenly see an apparent collision course with oncoming cars. They snap out of their la la land and jump on the brake. This is what the cause is.

Oh and I almost forgot the most important point. The particular stretch, not apparent from the video is that the road starts to decline. So the car starts becoming lighter and more unstable. Add all this up and you have feng shui!! :laugh:

@tanahcow

I no fellali although I have a few friends with one... :biggrin:

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
@glocky
@nayr69sg
@Devil Within

You're all correct in some way. except no kuis involved. Devil within has it mostly nailed.

The explanation category that actually fits best is feng shui.

All the events happened on wet roads. It's not so obvious in the 2nd one, but there are still tyre tracks. What happens is that there's actually a layer of slick crap (long explanation omitted) that accumulates on dry roads over time. When it first starts raining is when it is at it's most slippery because all this now has a chance to rise and interact with the car tyres. So #1 is the road surface becomes more slick.

If you all notice, all cars involved in the accidents enter the same condition which is oversteer. To generate oversteer, there are a number of ways. Pertinent to this situation, the cars are in lift-off oversteer which results from getting off the gas and/or onto the brakes which devil within has stated. The slick surface and this action of transferring the weight in the car are not necessarily enough to send the car into oversteer.

In addition to the 1st two points this is also why it's feng shui. In my opinion, the cars are not appreciably speeding. What's happening is that they are doing what typical sinkie drivers do. Daydreaming along in their own little zone. As the road rises, it starts to join up with the other side. All of a sudden, the hypnotized drivers suddenly see an apparent collision course with oncoming cars. They snap out of their la la land and jump on the brake. This is what the cause is.

Oh and I almost forgot the most important point. The particular stretch, not apparent from the video is that the road starts to decline. So the car starts becoming lighter and more unstable. Add all this up and you have feng shui!! :laugh:

@tanahcow

I no fellali although I have a few friends with one... :biggrin:
so can sue lta for bad design?

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I've already noticed that long ago. It's the curve the swing of the bridge and if plus the correct wind condition and if your car is light or tyres botak a bit you'll drift. That's why it pays to drive big heavier but powerful continental cars.

When ever on a no blockage high bridge i would roughly can feel the wind thrust on the car body or just be slower most of those bridge have only 70 km/h and not 90 km/h ok !

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
so can sue lta for bad design?
  1. How to sue gahmen with gahmen own laws?
  2. Singapore road design is actually some of the best in the world. The actual quality is another story. Don't know if it's the heat, but roads are lumpy, but otherwise, design is pretty good.
  3. In all fairness, this is far easier to blame on the driver than on the road. A lot of these drivers really not qualified to drive. Maybe can sue the TP for allowing these idiots to drive. For proof see that sinkies die when going overseas driving. Not overseas come here and get into accident. They weren't speeding or going fast. Just plain low competence.
If you do want to sue someone for something legitimately wrong, the traffic light amber is one. Singapore's amber is ridiculous. It's possibly the shortest in the world. It is a contributor to actual accidents and poor driving. If you have energy and lawyer friends, go for it. Good substance behind your case.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've already noticed that long ago. It's the curve the swing of the bridge and if plus the correct wind condition and if your car is light or tyres botak a bit you'll drift. That's why it pays to drive big heavier but powerful continental cars.

When ever on a no blockage high bridge i would roughly can feel the wind thrust on the car body or just be slower most of those bridge have only 70 km/h and not 90 km/h ok !
actually hor... continental cars not heavier. they feel that way because their suspension design far superior. Overall they really are better car engineers. So in that sense you are right, pays to drive continental cars.

Now before all you guys come in and tell me Jap cars better engineered because less problems etc... there's a reason for that and it's not better engineering.

Even stupid little continental cars more stable than Jap/Korean cars. There is a way to design suspension to compensate for wind thrust...

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's not. I don't have exact measurements, but sinkieland amber is really not enough for a regular person driving at those speeds to make good decisions with. If they want to cow the drivers into getting ready to slam on the brakes whenever they approach a traffic light it's well set up, but otherwise it's an incredibly poor piece of judgment that they chose to go with it.

I think the reason it hasn't been a problem for you is because you don't *ahem* push the limits of the traffic light timing... only ah... erm... people who rely on that amber timing *ahem* find that out.... :biggrin:

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
from wiki :

Light timing length

Traffic light with time in Tehran, Iran
See also: Traffic light control and coordination
The length of amber lights can differ, for example in many places the length of an amber light is usually four or five seconds, but elsewhere it may be as little as three, considerably reducing the time for reaction. It is typical for these times to vary according to the set speed limit, with longer times for higher limits. In the U.S. state of Georgia, an amber light must be lit one second for every 10 miles per hour (16 km/h) of posted speed limit. For intersections with red light cameras, one extra second must be added.[citation needed] In Colorado Springs, Colorado, amber lights at numerous intersections have been noted with durations of approximately two seconds. In the United States, there is a recommended federal safety minimum of three seconds for amber lights.[132]

The time from when a red light is displayed and when a cross street is given a green light is usually based on the physical size of the intersection. This intervening period is called the "all-red time". A typical all-red time is two seconds to allow cars to clear the intersection. In a wider intersection, such as a four-lane road or highway intersection, the all-red time may be as much as five seconds, allowing drivers who could not or would not stop at the amber light enough time to clear the intersection without causing a collision. Two exceptions are in New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada, and Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, where there is no all-red time. The change is instantaneous, due to the nature of the older relay operated signals. It is also the case in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

I'm pretty sure sinkieland is 3 seconds... :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: