• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Iron lady is back - Goodyear quits

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
okay lah, there's conspiracy theory about this....a silver lining to this debacle...

it's to encourage more singaporeans to speak up and do something about it.....LOL..

yeah this saga will be the last starw that break the camel's back!!

Cum 2011 PAP will see the results!!!!!!!!!!!!

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hope he's from CIA, then we could then see some real actions finally...LOL...

BTW HC is not iron lady lah! she kena sai...

Magaret Thatcher is solid IronLady..got liao one..

OldPlaza

Alfrescian
Loyal
From experience, listening to the "experts", no matter how smart they are, is usually wrong, even if eventually the inevitable recovery happens. Just take a look at the current recession and do some research on how few of them actually got it right.

Agreed. Just like any business ventures, nothing is sure bet. If experts could see future, then we will not see Lehman, Barings.. become 'yesterday's news'.

[/QUOTE]You think GY can turn stone into gold? It is a national loss for not hiring GY?[/QUOTE]
No, losing the FT is no national loss. That woman punting with our money would be though.
Putting money in CitiGroup, UBS... are punting?? Warren Buffett, Soros, Jim.. some of the well known investors made their money in times of crisis, uncertainty.. Before they see their money, they have to go thru pain of losing money. The best time to invest is in time like this.

[/QUOTE]Economy always has its up and down. Would you come out singing praises as loud as your condemnation when T makes money ?[/QUOTE]

There are ups and downs even within a recession. The losses during the recent rally already shows T's incompetence.

Nobody knows if current rally is going to stick.. if you are to measure ones' investment in such a short time frame, its a measure of ability of speculation, not ability of investment. However, if T continues to lose money, after more than 2+ years of rally. Then it is incompetence or lack of foresight.

Would your condemnation of T be as loud and as enthusiastic as your defense of them if they lose money?

I am not defensing T. I see T as an investment firm/Org, looking out for long term investment. Afterall, taken together, their track record implies a decent return in investment. Do you agree?

Even US (the greatest country in world, the mother of all investment ideas, home to millions of investment gurus) could tumble and fall into a such financial mess..

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
'Iron lady' my foot! Fuck that ccb no-shame bitch dead!

u mean she is more like shemale?

b66ecz.jpg

blueblobster

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>>Putting money in CitiGroup, UBS... are punting?? Warren Buffett, Soros, Jim.. some of the well known investors made their money in times of crisis, uncertainty.. Before they see their money, they have to go thru pain of losing money. The best time to invest is in time like this.

While it's true that good money can be made in times of crisis, this has been greatly misunderstood and misrepresented and does not reflect the whole picture of how smart money operates.

Smart money does NOT simply accumulate stocks in a crisis. They do not buy at the start of a crisis and allow their investment to go deep into drawdown for years before seeing profit.They will wait till the last wave where everyone is crying sell. At this point, all existing holders would have given up hope, allowing the smart money to buy from them at a much better price. The market usually turns around at this stage and the pain is minimal. Temasek bought at the start of the crisis (dumb money) so there is no comparison.

Secondly, smart money do not buy a stock just because price has fallen off the cliff. They look for good fundamentals and not some shitty company full of toxic financial assets. Once again, you cannot even compare Temasek with the smart money.

>>>Nobody knows if current rally is going to stick..

I agree. But Temasek sold BEFORE the rally.

>>>if you are to measure ones' investment in such a short time frame, its a measure of ability of speculation, not ability of investment.
>>>I am not defensing T. I see T as an investment firm/Org, looking out for long term investment.

True but ironically you have just given an apt description of Temasek's performance. They sold off their so called "long term" investment in less than a year (if I recall the dates correctly). The sale also followed shortly after the government came out in their defense and said that they look at a very long time frame when investing. And they sold right before the rally no less.

Does it look like long term sound investment to you? Looks more like amateurish, knee jerk speculation to me. Definitely not the standard one would expect from a sovereign fund.

>>>Afterall, taken together, their track record implies a decent return in investment. Do you agree?

Frankly I can't say. So many things are hidden. And knowing how concerned the government is about face, you never know what kind of window dressing they do. I've read about a few losses when overseas that were never reported in SG.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, almost everything that Temasek touch, it turned to loses consistantly, Even hiring a CEO also encurred possible lost through golden parachute payout.

No surprise here, well done, Temasek, for being so consistant.