• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Incoming DBS CEO Tan Su Shan on her vision for the bank

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is she going to run DBS to the ground like all woman CEOs do? LOL. Outgoing is a CECA which we have to suffer for 10 years from the frequent outage, while incoming is menopaused one with various 'seed' strategic plans to potentially screw up DBS. SG is doomed, NBCB.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
That one being removed sure tulan ,his greatest mistake is whole kampong here n sabo him lol,but this one better no ne jinx related or tlse should same

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal

America's hiring boom is officially over​

The job market is tumbling. How did everyone miss the warning signs?

Pretty much everybody woke up last Friday feeling like America's labor market was in fine shape (to the extent the average person was thinking about it at all). Maybe things weren't perfect, and workers weren't living in the "world is your oyster" situation they were in 2021 and 2022, but in general, things seemed pretty strong.

And then, at 8:30 a.m. ET, everything changed. The jobs report said the US economy added 114,000 jobs in July, far fewer than the 176,000 jobs that economists expected. The unemployment rate jumped to 4.3% from 4.1% the previous month. For some context, back in April it was at 3.9% and had been under 4% for the longest stretch in decades. The weakness of the jobs report tipped the worry scale and sent markets into meltdown mode. Many investors decided it was time to panic after all.

While a single data point isn't a good reason to change one's entire narrative, the report served as a wake-up call that danger is closer than a lot of people thought. The cracks in the economic foundation are increasingly impossible to ignore. While it's not in disaster territory, the labor market has been weakening for a while, and it's not clear what's going to reverse that trend. The report's release just a few days after the Federal Reserve decided to hold interest rates steady rather than cut them in an attempt to restabilize the economy also fueled fears that the central bank is behind the curve and that a recession may be on the horizon.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
If she wanted to adopt strategy the like of Saw Phiak Hwa or Olivia Lum, people are going to change their bank accounts.

Looking at her arrogant way of talking, she does not seem to be taking the job seriously but rather thinking that it is her entitlement to be the next chosen CEO as a woman.

DBS sure Hong Kanz already. Don't be surprised that there will likely be mass resignations of top management staffs soon, LOL.

spinn

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol sum peepur kunt c the forest for the trees

0.2% drop is nthg d real killer is yen carry trade unwinding

n no she dun cum across as arrogant

she hs the poise n confidence of a ceo

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Sustanon

Alfrescian
Loyal
A woman CEO, umm... if I am currently a shareholder, I personally will be thinking twice if I want to keep holding any D05 stocks...... for me, if stock is selling way way below it's intrinsic value (which is destroying shareholder's value) to offer me a great margin of safety...... beam me up scotty.... I think she will be able to accomplish that for me in a not so distance future...... so yes I will be rooting for her in a way.... self -serving bias of course....

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those high level exec under her jialat liao.
This kind of face and spoken character.
Yao pai wan loh

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dbs is one of the most fuck up organisation I ever worked.
Those people with backbone will not stay . I knew a very capable lady from the dating site, and so happened at that time we both were working in dbs, just different departments and locations. She didn't wanted to show me her photo from the dating site and wasn't aware I got access to the systems, then I searched her photo from the company email :roflmao: she left even much faster than me (in 5 mths) as a avp, whereas I worked for 10mths not under dbs payroll but outsourcing vendor.
Leftovers are all the pak see mai chow trouble makers and back stabbers.
Good luck to them.

Truthspeak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is she going to run DBS to the ground like all woman CEOs do? LOL. Outgoing is a CECA which we have to suffer for 10 years from the frequent outage, while incoming is menopaused one with various 'seed' strategic plans to potentially screw up DBS. SG is doomed, NBCB.

She might be the one to make every customer of theirs becoming cashless