• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Incoming DBS CEO Tan Su Shan on her vision for the bank

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Long time ago when I worked in HP, carly florina came in and caused me my rice bowl to be stolen by Ft . Although I wasn't leetrenched, I didn't like the new role assigned so I left. Few years later she herself had her rice bowl broken after she messed up.
Those period HP changed it's logo to HP Invent. But it didn't invent itself and got worsened.

Last edited:

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Long time ago when I worked in HP, carly florina came in and caused me my rice bowl to be stolen by Ft . Although I wasn't leetrenched, I didn't like the new role assigned so I left. Few years later she herself had her rice bowl broken after she messed up.
Those period HP changed it's logo to HP Invent. But it didn't invent itself and got worsened.
A lot of American companies tech support outsourced to India after Obama become President in 2008, a lot of the shit like 3rd world fuckers come here steal jobs all started from Obama woke culture spread worldwide as PAP is well known to be left-leaning under Lee Fucker Loong look at EV mandate carbon tax plastic bag charge u know already

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of American companies tech support outsourced to India after Obama become President in 2008, a lot of the shit like 3rd world fuckers come here steal jobs all started from Obama woke culture spread worldwide as PAP is well known to be left-leaning under Lee Fucker Loong look at EV mandate carbon tax plastic bag charge u know already
Besides those outsourcing happening in HP, there were abnormal decisions made, probably by carly.
After I left, some of my HP cohorts were leetrenched and paid a good handshaking fee, and later they could re-enter HP through some backdoor hiring.. The handshaking was huge sum as we were full fledged HP engineer drawing min $7-10k at our level.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
" On taking over as the new CEO of DBS, Ms Tan said: "I'm very grateful for this big opportunity. I'm also very mindful that this is a huge responsibility."
She noted that she has "big shoes to fill" as the successor to Mr Gupta.
"But guess what? Our shoes are different. We wear different kinds of shoes," she told reporters."
-------------------

WTF is she talking about? She knew that as a women, she can get away with such lame jokes and yet appear 'confident and poised' NBCB. LOL.

As mentioned before, all women must be banned from any top management before they screw up the whole company.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
" On taking over as the new CEO of DBS, Ms Tan said: "I'm very grateful for this big opportunity. I'm also very mindful that this is a huge responsibility."
"But guess what? Our shoes are different. We wear different kinds of shoes," she told reporters."
-------------------

WTF is she talking about? She knew that as a women, she can get away with such lame jokes and yet appear 'confident and poised' NBCB. LOL.

As mentioned before, all women must be banned from any top management before they screw up the whole company.
She is correct
Maharaj vs Sinki...ish different

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides those outsourcing happening in HP, there were abnormal decisions made, probably by carly.
After I left, some of my HP cohorts were leetrenched and paid a good handshaking fee, and later they could re-enter HP through some backdoor hiring.. The handshaking was huge sum as we were full fledged HP engineer drawing min $7-10k at our level.
You all product design/engineering or business side now known as HPE?
Last time I after NS 1st job desktop engineer peoplebank job agency got job for HP as desktop engineer and eps agency same job but NCS, I chose NCS instead 1 year direct contract as I don't have a good impression of HP when they pull out of SOE project, after NCS a lot of IT jobs outsourced to SMEs end up doing it support for 2 GLCs 2 MNCs and all the lanjiao sinkie coys, plus job interviews I travel whole of Singapore already

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
You all product design/engineering or business side now known as HPE?
Last time I after NS 1st job desktop engineer peoplebank job agency got job for HP as desktop engineer and eps agency same job but NCS, I chose NCS instead 1 year direct contract as I don't have a good impression of HP when they pull out of SOE project, after NCS a lot of IT jobs outsourced to SMEs end up doing it support for 2 GLCs 2 MNCs and all the lanjiao sinkie coys, plus job interviews I travel whole of Singapore already
We belonged to csbu (cust svc business unit) located in HP sales building, serving the enterprise customers. As it was under the sales entity, the benefits were very good, with car allowances, petrol cards and even our basic salary was above $5k we were still entitled to claim ots when required. Those engineers at alexandra tecnopark and HP depot side always envy us as they do not have all these benefits.

As far as I know, NCS always hire ops staff as direct con, then after 2 years they will auto convert them to perm staff.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maharaj is smart to choose retirement and ride Oliphant in Yeedia
PAPPY didn't want to let him go, but he forced himself to retire by making DBAss breaks down regularly. I replaced CECA before, and most of them break down the system and dissappear. They have no sense of belongings to Sinkapore, and whatever they created they took it with them or destroy it completely before leaving their workplace.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking at her arrogant way of talking, she does not seem to be taking the job seriously but rather thinking that it is her entitlement to be the next chosen CEO as a woman.

DBS sure Hong Kanz already. Don't be surprised that there will likely be mass resignations of top management staffs soon, LOL.
The place was too "dark", she should brightened it up and do massive purging.

Hightech88

Alfrescian
Loyal
The place was too "dark", she should brightened it up and do massive purging.

Let's watch and see whether she dares to drain the swamp.

Just imagine 15 years of CECA swamp built up with various contract signed with CECA-infested IBM and various CECA hires and investments in India, don't think she can do anything except only to further PAP's CECA agenda with even more investments in Yeendia, LOL.

If she has conscience, she should jitao pull back all ranjiao money-wasting investments in India, close down DBS India and retrench/reduce headcount of all FT PMETs esp. CECAs by at least 90%.

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's watch and see whether she dares to drain the swamp.

Just imagine 15 years of CECA swamp built up with various contract signed with CECA-infested IBM and various CECA hires and investments in India, don't think she can do anything except only to further PAP's CECA agenda with even more investments in Yeendia, LOL.

If she has conscience, she should jitao pull back all ranjiao money-wasting investments in India, close down DBS India and retrench/reduce headcount of all FT PMETs esp. CECAs by at least 90%.
Not only DBS infested, from what I heard more than 90% of banks here employ foreign trash, the swamp here same size as USA only the bank branches they hire locals LOL

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
-------------------

It's no lame joke on her metaphor over mere 'shoes', to those whom have experiences in life. She is an intelligent & hardworking Human, & it is NOT easy to break the glass ceiling in our male dominated World....She had to prove herself worthy, of intellect, evidences of her direction even in the face of opposition, far more than males, in a crucial environment that does not accept failures as an option.....

On a personal level, the insignificant nobody me had tried to use Indian made cheap slippers for daily use, such as on off days to the nearby coffee shop for a glass of Kopi O with friends, & sadly, such sloppily made slippers fell apart literally at the seams within weeks, & had to walk barefoot home, eventually having to spend $150 dollars for a reliable Croc slipper....

After years of hoping that China manufacturing would adopt quality instead of quantity, I tried a pair of hiking boots made in China, costing only a mere $45, for a hiking trip in just MacRitchie forest. The boots lasted only 2 hrs before the sole fell apart. I was misled into believing that the leather or faux leather was sown into the sole. It was not, but merely glued with cheap glue to the sole....In the end, I had to trek barefooted.....

Ultimately, I had to relied back on my trusty Red Wing Shoes, hand made & produced in USA, since 1905 renown for quality. It is expensive, but after 10 yrs of intensive use by me, it did not disappoint me on reliability & quality.

The point is - there will be some inferences made upon her choice of words, but may no intelligent Human assume it was a lame joke..... which infers much intelligence & dedication to what is right, wrong, & necessary, would be her direction to lead Singapore's beloved neighborhood bank to greater heights...

Singapore is built upon meritocracy. Only the best can lead, male or female. Mistakes will be made as NO mortal is perfect, but there will be no room for systemic mistakes made, over & over again with no attempts to acknowledge faults, or to correct them in order to progress, for our Singapore Civilization.....

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE / NATIONAL DAY to ALL Singaporeans, old & new. We TOGETHER, thru our sacred National Pledge, had come a long way.....

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's no lame joke on her metaphor over mere 'shoes', to those whom have experiences in life. She is an intelligent & hardworking Human, & it is NOT easy to break the glass ceiling in our male dominated World....She had to prove herself worthy, of intellect, evidences of her direction even in the face of opposition, far more than males, in a crucial environment that does not accept failures as an option.....

On a personal level, the insignificant nobody me had tried to use Indian made cheap slippers for daily use, such as on off days to the nearby coffee shop for a glass of Kopi O with friends, & sadly, such sloppily made slippers fell apart literally at the seams within weeks, & had to walk barefoot home, eventually having to spend $150 dollars for a reliable Croc slipper....

After years of hoping that China manufacturing would adopt quality instead of quantity, I tried a pair of hiking boots made in China, costing only a mere $45, for a hiking trip in just MacRitchie forest. The boots lasted only 2 hrs before the sole fell apart. I was misled into believing that the leather or faux leather was sown into the sole. It was not, but merely glued with cheap glue to the sole....In the end, I had to trek barefooted.....

Ultimately, I had to relied back on my trusty Red Wing Shoes, hand made & produced in USA, since 1905 renown for quality. It is expensive, but after 10 yrs of intensive use by me, it did not disappoint me on reliability & quality.

The point is - there will be some inferences made upon her choice of words, but may no intelligent Human assume it was a lame joke..... which infers much intelligence & dedication to what is right, wrong, & necessary, would be her direction to lead Singapore's beloved neighborhood bank to greater heights...

Singapore is built upon meritocracy. Only the best can lead, male or female. Mistakes will be made as NO mortal is perfect, but there will be no room for systemic mistakes made, over & over again with no attempts to acknowledge faults, or to correct them in order to progress, for our Singapore Civilization.....

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE / NATIONAL DAY to ALL Singaporeans, old & new. We TOGETHER, thru our sacred National Pledge, had come a long way.....
Uptron LeeAhMa Holders will be booted to rubbish bin sooner ??

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uptron LeeAhMa Holders will be booted to rubbish bin sooner ??
Let us not jump ahead in high & immediate expectations.

Changes WILL NOT come OVERNITE, as the saying goes - do not throw the baby out of the window along with the bathwater. Changes to correct systemic errors will have to take time. Unnecessary haste may cause oversighted visions to critical services that would only cause even more disruptions. Careful & considered reviews will be made & thus needs time.

Thus, may citizens give our fellow citizen & Human Tan Su Shan a chance. It will bode well as a leadership policy, to even other biz entities, to give locals a chance to prove themselves worthy of the jobs that they are fully capable of....

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Her husband is an AMDK.

View attachment 203797

sure look like Christopher Wilson ...

Lingam

Screenshot_2024-08-07-21-58-14-39_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tan Su Shan (at age 56) should be planning to retire instead of taking the political appointee role in DBS. Another DEI hire. :-)

That our fellow citizen & Human Tan Su Shan would take up the HUGE responsibilities as CEO of our beloved neighborhood bank at her age, should make our young citizens weep....

She is not perfect, NO mortal is, but she led a full life, as a kid struggling with studies like any other, but persevered, focused & made ACHIEVEMENTS throughout her life. At her age, she could comfortably retire, with a loving husband & kids, & her hard earned rewarded wealth.

Most Singaporeans, at such an age, looking forward to a mere few hundred thousand dollars in their CPF account assuming that they would survive on such miserly sums, would KBKB when the retirement age was raised, with their accounts locked for a few further years which was meant to save their financial needs with higher interests paid, than to rely on charity when their funds run out or sell their homes, or be scammed of their funds by others more smarter...

BUT yet, Tan Su Shan did not embrace retirement, but CHOSE to take on even far more heavier responsibilities to lead our bank to further bring more prosperity to all. It may be all smiles & intelligent talk in public, but behind close doors, every second counts in making HARD decisions that would affect our bank, & thus, with her wealth & experiences in banking & dealing with the corporate Worldwide, so give her a chance.

She is a public figure, made far more achievements in life than many others. She is not perfect, but at least she did not run away from the heavy responsibilities tasked to her, but look forward to the difficult challenges ahead, to make a change, as she had done throughout her life since as a kid. She is a role model for us Singaporeans all - male or female, & to any foreign investor whom seeks to invest & create jobs for Singaporeans here.

Her kind & spirit is rare, even among Humankind Worldwide, let alone within our Singapore Civilization....