• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Incoming DBS CEO Tan Su Shan on her vision for the bank

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
That our fellow citizen & Human Tan Su Shan would take up the HUGE responsibilities as CEO of our beloved neighborhood bank at her age, should make our young citizens weep....

She is not perfect, NO mortal is, but she led a full life, as a kid struggling with studies like any other, but persevered, focused & made ACHIEVEMENTS throughout her life. At her age, she could comfortably retire, with a loving husband & kids, & her hard earned rewarded wealth.

Most Singaporeans, at such an age, looking forward to a mere few hundred thousand dollars in their CPF account assuming that they would survive on such miserly sums, would KBKB when the retirement age was raised, with their accounts locked for a few further years which was meant to save their financial needs with higher interests paid, than to rely on charity when their funds run out or sell their homes, or be scammed of their funds by others more smarter...

BUT yet, Tan Su Shan did not embrace retirement, but CHOSE to take on even far more heavier responsibilities to lead our bank to further bring more prosperity to all. It may be all smiles & intelligent talk in public, but behind close doors, every second counts in making HARD decisions that would affect our bank, & thus, with her wealth & experiences in banking & dealing with the corporate Worldwide, so give her a chance.

She is a public figure, made far more achievements in life than many others. She is not perfect, but at least she did not run away from the heavy responsibilities tasked to her, but look forward to the difficult challenges ahead, to make a change, as she had done throughout her life since as a kid. She is a role model for us Singaporeans all - male or female, & to any foreign investor whom seeks to invest & create jobs for Singaporeans here.

Her kind & spirit is rare, even among Humankind Worldwide, let alone within our Singapore Civilization....

Why was MP Tin Pei Ling not chosen to be CEO of DBS, she can hop so excellently well?
She would have won a Olympic Gold Medal for Singapore if there is job hopping event, lol!

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Piyush Gupta's next job?
CEO 2.jpg

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let us not jump ahead in high & immediate expectations.

Changes WILL NOT come OVERNITE, as the saying goes - do not throw the baby out of the window along with the bathwater. Changes to correct systemic errors will have to take time. Unnecessary haste may cause oversighted visions to critical services that would only cause even more disruptions. Careful & considered reviews will be made & thus needs time.

Thus, may citizens give our fellow citizen & Human Tan Su Shan a chance. It will bode well as a leadership policy, to even other biz entities, to give locals a chance to prove themselves worthy of the jobs that they are fully capable of....
After March 2025 mah:smile:
Still 6-7moons

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
After March 2025 mah:smile:
Still 6-7moons

Make NO mistake. Mr. Piyush Gupta, although is the CEO, he ALONE is NOT a Genius. NO MORTAL IS.

Not even the renown Stephen Hawkings, whom is revered in the scientific community for his rigorous precision in scientific matters, but then in other economic socio matters - he had little clues, as his lifetime's dedication was only upon science, when there are MORE other matters that govern the growth & evolution of Humankind...

In the Corporate world, policies made are often BASED upon CONSENSUS - a specially selected team made up of members with DIFFERENT backgrounds & specialization, to Discuss, Debate & find the BEST solutions, or the best of WORSE solutions, in order for a corporation to survive.

Ultimately, the CEO appointed, has to make the final decision, BUT a decision based upon complete, unbiased decision, for the corporation to survive, to progress, to prosperity, for workers & share holders alike.

Thus, most often, it is the MGMT team that work the hardest, to put forth proposals based upon evidences & fact. The CEO then makes the decision, & ALWAYS, it is the CEO whom takes the credit, at the expense of others.... or IGNORE the time & effort spent by the team to show a better direction, perhaps out of personal ego, pride or self interests....& FAILED miserably, proven in the course of our Human Civilization's history.

There is no denial that Mr. Piyush Gupta had his successes, but then, whom did credit truly belong to? And worse, when mistakes were made, yet he survived.....

As for our fellow citizen & Human - Tan Su Shan, whom had been appointed to take over Mr Piyush Gupta' position - MAKE NO MISTAKE - she did not get this far in the often deemed brutal corporate world as a second fiddle. She would have to PROVE her worth, thru numerous projects, to rise & be the second fiddle, & suffer in silence as the one above her takes all the credit,.......

Last edited:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Make NO mistake. Mr. Piyush Gupta, although is the CEO, he ALONE is NOT a Genius. NO MORTAL IS.

Not even the renown Stephen Hawkings, whom is revered in the scientific community for his rigorous precision in scientific matters, but then in other economic socio matters - he had little clues, as his lifetime's dedication was only upon science, when there are MORE other matters that govern the growth & evolution of Humankind...

In the Corporate world, policies made are often BASED upon CONSENSUS - a specially selected team made up of members with DIFFERENT backgrounds & specialization, to Discuss, Debate & find the BEST solutions, or the best of WORSE solutions, in order for a corporation to survive.

Ultimately, the CEO appointed, has to make the final decision, BUT a decision based upon complete, unbiased decision, for the corporation to survive, to progress, to prosperity, for workers & share holders alike.

Thus, most often, it is the MGMT team that work the hardest, to put forth proposals based upon evidences & fact. The CEO then makes the decision, & ALWAYS, it is the CEO whom takes the credit, at the expense of others.... or IGNORE the time & effort spent by the team to show a better direction, perhaps out of personal ego, pride or self interests....& FAILED miserably, proven in the course of our Human Civilization's history.

There is no denial that Mr. Piyush Gupta had his successes, but then, whom did credit truly belong to? And worse, when mistakes were made, yet he survived.....

As for our fellow citizen & Human - Tan Su Shan, whom had been appointed to take over Mr Piyush Gupta' position - MAKE NO MISTAKE - she did not get this far in the often deemed brutal corporate world as a second fiddle. She would have to PROVE her worth, thru numerous projects, to rise & be the second fiddle, & suffer in silence as the one above her takes all the credit,.......
Things are most often made complex by humans.
Let me takeover tan as I have beaten several ceos to a puppy in my lifetime at work. It means they talked cock and tried to pull a fast one and I corrected them, without mercy, in front of a large crowd of employees.

I will sit down in the big office, order my pa to make a cup of coffee, I will go into deep thoughts.
The first thing I would do is to fire at least 50% of the workers in dbs.
The next day I will fire another at least 25% of the workers.
Does Tan know at least 75% of the whole dbs employees are worthless jlb? I doubt so.
Does Tan know the root cause of those outages that happened previously? Nope she doesn't whereas I know being on the ground of dbs before.
In 3 mths time, dbs will be steered in the correct direction I.e a true nation bank with robustic backend supports both humans and machines.

Last edited:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Things are most often made complex by humans.
Let me takeover tan as I have beaten several ceos to a puppy in my lifetime at work. It means they talked cock and tried to pull a fast one and I corrected them, without mercy, in front of a large crowd of employees.

I will sit down in the big office, order my pa to make a cup of coffee, I will go into deep thoughts.
The first thing I would do is to fire at least 50% of the workers in dbs.
The next day I will fire another at least 25% of the workers.
Does Tan know at least 75% of the whole dbs employees are worthless jlb? I doubt so.
Does Tan know the root cause of those outages that happened previously? Nope she doesn't whereas I know being on the ground of dbs before.
In 3 mths time, dbs will be steered in the correct direction I.e a true nation bank with robustic backend supports both humans and machines.
Correction.
I will plant trusted moles (non dbs staff) in various dept to findout who are the jlbs, trouble makers and office sluts, before executing the big cuts.
I reckon at least 75%.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correction.
I will plant trusted moles (non dbs staff) in various dept to findout who are the jlbs, trouble makers and office sluts, before executing the big cuts.
I reckon at least 75%.
On the infra stability side, I will ask my trusted moles (non dbs techky guy) to perform a unplan outage activity during wee hours, without any sound and picture to the support teams to test their skills.
Since this activity will be done on purpose, it means my moles will tweak the system to make it down for the test. At certain point of time if the support team fails to bring it up, my mole will put it back in place.
This is the the correct way to prepare for disaster, and not by the meaningless quarterly DR simulated by the book ones.

I fire all the jlbs and keep the elites and pay them good salaries.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the infra stability side, I will ask my trusted moles (non dbs techky guy) to perform a unplan outage activity during wee hours, without any sound and picture to the support teams to test their skills.
Since this activity will be done on purpose, it means my moles will tweak the system to make it down for the test. At certain point of time if the support team fails to bring it up, my mole will put it back in place.
This is the the correct way to prepare for disaster, and not by the meaningless quarterly DR simulated by the book ones.

On the consumer banking side, since I have no financial experience, I will tap on trusted sources and my believes is that sincerity comes with positive results. After building it as a true nation bank, it will come naturally.

spinn

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol sgx oso got carry trade ijjit ?? cnn down 1% when dj up for the last 2 days

but deeeeeebeeeeeeesssssssss ish up >1% woh means wat ??

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal

Reference to the above points, do you all know where the ultimate reason is for the ongoing failure?
The quick answer is becos of human nature.
Human generally are afraid of failure.
Hence they will try to avoid endangering themselves into encountering risk of failures.
Becos of this, all the DR exercises are done it in such a way that the assessor themselves just want to get it done and end it so that they can answer to their next level bosses.
Therefore without honest wise men like me to interfere, problems will forever exist, no matter how many ceo you can change.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reference to the above points, do you all know where the ultimate reason is for the ongoing failure?
The quick answer is becos of human nature.
Human generally are afraid of failure.
Hence they will try to avoid endangering themselves into encountering risk of failures.
Becos of this, all the DR exercises are done it in such a way that the assessor themselves just want to get it done and end it so that they can answer to their next level bosses.
Therefore without honest wise men like me to interfere, problems will forever exist, no matter how many ceo you can change.
Key takeaways for Tan Su Shan -.
1. The more high level execs you have, the more troubles you get. Always remember that things are made complex by humans. Do the necessary to get rid of these people.
2. It doesn't mean having decades and decades of experience in your field, it will mean you are more capable in that field. An sbfuncle like me can outdo you when given the mandate. People give you face or you have sucked cocks, hence you are assigned this important task now.
3. Dare to face failures and acknowledge it when it happens, instead of finding ways to cover the mistakes just to maintain your reputations. You will never progress in this manner unless you suck cocks,. Which is not a true success.

Last edited: