• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Inappropriate Questions

jw5

Loyal
Have you ever been asked inappropriate questions by acquaintances whom you hardly talk to or even strangers?
I have been asked by a stranger, probably a financial advisor or an insurance agent:
"How much CPF do you have?"
I asked her the same question.

Or have you been asked by an acquaintance:
"How much do you earn?" Or "How much did you buy your apartment?"
I suggest you can reply as follows:
"Who are you"?
When he says "I'm xxx abc."
Reply "No, I mean who are you to me?"

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you ever been asked inappropriate questions by acquaintances whom you hardly talk to or even strangers?
I have been asked by a stranger, probably a financial advisor or an insurance agent:

"Who are you"?

Bro, you are in the wrong circle. I am suprised that such questions are even raised.

Cthulhu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Asking people how much they earn / have is damn rude.
Asking how much something cost is somewhat acceptable in SG.
In angmo countries, they hate this type of question so you must rephrase it more tactfully.

jw5

Loyal
Asking how much something cost is somewhat acceptable in SG.
In angmo countries, they hate this type of question so you must rephrase it more tactfully.
Perhaps I am more ang moh than local. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
Bro, you are in the wrong circle. I am suprised that such questions are even raised.
Question by the stranger is inappropriate but not surprising.
Question by the acquaintance is rude and surprising, that's why such individuals need to be cut off from our lives totally.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps I am more ang moh than local.
Cthulhu said:
Asking how much something cost is somewhat acceptable in SG. In angmo countries, they hate this type of question so you must rephrase it more tactfully.
This hangup on income is one local trait, especially with social barometer on earnings (aka success in life).

Hazard to guess this is less so in some western and more developed countries, with salaries more lumped in social band. Example, a plumber's wages is not far off from an executive (mayve more lucrative with undeclared tax stashed:p).

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at a chalet at Ubin 15 years back together with a bunch of polymates.

It was Mid 7th Lunar Month then.

A friend strayed away from our group, and was found comatose inside the cupboard of our chalet when we tried to find him...

When he came to, he told us he was getting a drink at the kitchen when he heard a uncle voice asking him: ' Have you eaten' in Hokkien. He also blur blur go reply: 'Eaten liao'. Then the ghostly voice asked him: 'Want to chat?'
That was then when he lost consciousness and ended up into the cupboard...

Talk about inappropriate questions!

Yeee!!!

One of my friends go act garang go shout 'We are here for fun, not for you to have fun!'

I guess that made the uncle ghost who is actually harmless, just lonely for companionship to be angry and crack a glass in the kitchen..

I tell you we were frightened stiff and all squeezed into one tiny room until morning...

Some adventure sia!

:biggrin:

brandon66

Alfrescian
Loyal
A good reply for inappropriate questions, and yet doesn't sound too offending:

"Why do you want to know?"

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
"

i donno, i mean depends on how are they going to use the information.

if they are conducting a survey to gather statistics to oppose the minimum sum for CPF withdrawal, i would gladly assist.

but if they want to use it to sell something to me, i don't think i will be interested to help...

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like some brother here who aptly posed this question to LKY

'Have you eaten? What book are you reading recently?'

Now that set me laughing for a while!

:biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

"Who are you"?

Most inappropriate questions to me,

"Are you standing with Mr. Tan Kian Lian in the coming elections?"
"Where are you going to stand in the coming elections?"

LOL!

Goh Meng Seng

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

LOL!

Goh Meng Seng

so how? you got any party yet?

the time is ripe for a PAP kill...

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... Or have you been asked by an acquaintance:
"How much do you earn?" Or "How much did you buy your apartment?" ...
he/she's trying 2 check ur worth! ...

:p

dese ppl r plainly selfish ... dey r oni interested in benefiting demselves ...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It a common lunch time topic to discuse car & property prices. However its not so cool to ask about salary because that would generate envy or embarrassment :smile:

jw5

Loyal
A good reply for inappropriate questions, and yet doesn't sound too offending:

"Why do you want to know?"
It's not a good reply.
The financial advisor will claim that he or she has some wonderful way for you to have a fast and comfortable retirement. Of course, it's bullshit in reality since there;s no such thing.
The acquaintance will merely claim that he's curious. This will simply prolong a ridiculous conversation with a useless person.

jw5

Loyal
It a common lunch time topic to discuse car & property prices. However its not so cool to ask about salary because that would generate envy or embarrassment :smile:
Car and property prices ok. But perhaps not the value of the transaction that you just completed?

jw5

Loyal

LOL!

Goh Meng Seng
Not inappropriate at all.
You are a public figure and a potential MP and should expect such questions from the electorate. :smile: