• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Inappropriate Questions

brandon66

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not a good reply.
The financial advisor will claim that he or she has some wonderful way for you to have a fast and comfortable retirement. Of course, it's bullshit in reality since there;s no such thing.
The acquaintance will merely claim that he's curious. This will simply prolong a ridiculous conversation with a useless person.

the reply is more for answering friends that you don't wish to offend

for financial advisers/ins. agent, it is perfectly alright if they ask your info abt CPF, etc. - this is to help them do a better fact-find and supposedly make better recommendations in terms of the products

jw5

Loyal
the reply is more for answering friends that you don't wish to offend

for financial advisers/ins. agent, it is perfectly alright if they ask your info abt CPF, etc. - this is to help them do a better fact-find and supposedly make better recommendations in terms of the products
These "financial advisors" are strangers that stop you on the streets or at mrt stations.
They are not those who have been advising you for years and proved their worth.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Have you ever been asked inappropriate questions by acquaintances whom you hardly talk to or even strangers?

i got a call from a pinoy telemarketeer from StanChart, and her question was something to this effect...

Pinoy: "would you like to take up this XXX loan? there's a promotion going on now"

Me: "do i need a loan?"

Pinoy: "it's low interest and blah blah blah..."

Me: "did you ask if i needed a loan?"

Pinoy: "no"

Me: "would you like to ask if i need a loan?"

Pinoy: "would you like to take up this loan offer?"

Me: "no" *click*

why are banks issuing loans so easily like no one business these days?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pinoy: "would you like to take up this XXX loan? there's a promotion going on now"

but u still din manage 2 make her ask u wat u badly wanted her 2 ask u woh! ... :p

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once in a speed boat from Batam to Tg. Pinang, got caught in real bad storm with waves thrashing hard against the boat lifting it nearly vertically up and slamming down against the sea...of all the question to be asked..."What happens if the boat sink?"....:mad::mad:

Z

Zombie

Once in a speed boat from Batam to Tg. Pinang, got caught in real bad storm with waves thrashing hard against the boat lifting it nearly vertically up and slamming down against the sea...of all the question to be asked..."What happens if the boat sink?"....:mad::mad:

"Where is my swimming trunk and my rubber ducky?"

images

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Hahahaha.....That's a long long time ago fren....Chase Manhattan Card :wink:

i wouldn't be surprised the bank kept all the records and then dig them up and start calling everyone on the list and asking if they need a loan... :eek::eek::eek:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
last time got Manhattan card, i terminated it anyway. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thats a very old bank. I remember they were the first to offer a drive thru banking where borders is now.

Even remember part of a TV ad, "the best things in life are free......lah lah " :smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats a very old bank. I remember they were the first to offer a drive thru banking where borders is now.

Even remember part of a TV ad, "the best things in life are free......lah lah " :smile:
Yes, it had a branch at Liat Towers, next to borders. Its survives now as JP Morgan Chase ( as in Chase Manhattan Bank) Its the only major bank that has not been touched by the mayhem.

Its closed down its business here and sold its cards business to OUB (now UOB)

It closed when MAS refused to open ATM network to foreign banks and refused to extend ATM locations outside branch premises.

As the oldest card issuer ( having bought BOA South East Asia profile), it had the best cardholders in the region. It is the only card that gave you access to members only club and lounges even without an agreement.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i wouldn't be surprised the bank kept all the records and then dig them up and start calling everyone on the list and asking if they need a loan... :eek::eek::eek:

There are companies that sell database of particulars :biggrin: ...... those in the Marcom & HR industries would be familiar with these companies........ wanna tap into my collection of approximately 25 million particulars of persons around this region collected over the years :biggrin:

blackcotton

but u still din manage 2 make her ask u wat u badly wanted her 2 ask u woh! ... :p

Recently, a pinoy cso from dbs asked me ti show my passbook to a merchant cos' i have a credit card dispute with them,nabeh,i asked her to show hers to me,such dumb person also have,then she finally agree to write a letter from the bank to help clear the dispute.

Z

Zombie

Most appropriate question to you is, Why You Worry? LOL!

Goh Meng Seng

Most appropriate question for your question,
Would you like me to congratulate you for not showing any decent effort to keep up with your own words? :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most appropriate question to you is, Why You Worry? LOL!

Goh Meng Seng

One - you have lowered the chances of WP winning a GRC by your past antics (which is the party with closest margins and stand the best chance of doing so). The PAP and its owned media won't wait to play up these "high profile defections" in the next election. Anyone who hopes any opposition can nab a GRC should be worried.

Hope NSP can somehow "compensate" by giving a good fight in another GRC.

jw5

Loyal
i got a call from a pinoy telemarketeer from StanChart, and her question was something to this effect...

why are banks issuing loans so easily like no one business these days?
bro zhihau
She could not ask you if you needed a loan because she needed to remain under the illusion that everyone she calls needs a loan.
Please don't spoil her illusion., otherwise she will have to get back to reality. :smile: