• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Little stories for the soul on a Saturday

QooldipSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read and contemplate
This is your only opportunity to re-unite with God

Gauree Gwaarayree, Fifth Mehl:

In so many incarnations, you were a worm and an insect;

in so many incarnations, you were an elephant, a fish and a deer.

In so many incarnations, you were a bird and a snake.

In so many incarnations, you were yoked as an ox and a horse.

Meet the Lord of the Universe - now is the time to meet Him

After so very long, this human body was fashioned for you. Pause

In so many incarnations, you were rocks and mountains;

in so many incarnations, you were aborted in the womb;

in so many incarnations, you developed branches and leaves;

you wandered through 8.4 million incarnations.

Through the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, you obtained this human life.

Do seva - selfless service; follow the Guru's Teachings, and vibrate the Lord's Name, Har, Har.

Abandon pride, falsehood and arrogance.

Remain dead while yet alive, and you shall be welcomed in the Court of the Lord.

Whatever has been, and whatever shall be, comes from You, Lord.

No one else can do anything at all.

We are united with You, when You unite us with Yourself.

Says Nanak, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, Har, Har.
Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji

QooldipSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The wise words of Baba Fareed, a contemporary of the Sikh Gurus (Saints), was a Muslim Saint and his holy words are part of the Sikh Holy Book - The Guru Granth Sahib.

Baba Fareed is a God blessed soul.

When he refers to Husband Lord, the Unseen, my Friend and Beloved, etc. they are references to God himself and Soul Brides refer to us mortal humans.

From 5:08 are words that we should follow completely when dealing not only with your wife, parents, children but everyone else.

Listen to these wise holy words in the still of the night or at the ambrosial hours from 3:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. if you have the opportunity, in fact at any time and you will feel the presence of God.

Here are his sayings in such a beautiful God given voice.

salok saekh fareedh kae part 4 (SAME OLD VOICE WICH U ALL LOVED ) - YouTube

QooldipSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guru Arjan Dev, the 4th Guru of the Sikhs is the author of the Sukhamani Sahib (Psalm of Peace) which will relax and bring peace to your mind.

Read the comments

Aad Guray Nameh
Jugaad Guray Nameh
Sat Guray Nameh
Siri Guru Devay Nameh

I bow to the Primal Wisdom
I bow to the Wisdom through the Ages
I bow to the True Wisdom
I bow to the great, unseen Wisdom

QooldipSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best thing about Sikhism is that it respects every religion and there is no hatred towards a non Sikh.
If any Sikh ever says he hates a Muslim, Hindu, Christian etc etc then he is not a Sikh.
Scold him and tell him he is not following the teachings of the Sikh Gurus which is universal love.

Here as in the earlier post a White Sikh woman sings this hymn with so much love.

The Miracle of Surrender (Dhan Dhan)​

@lucimattiello

4 years ago
Dhan Dhan Ram Das Gur

Blessed, blessed, Guru Ram Das

Jin Siri-aa Tinai Savaari-aa

The One who created You has also exalted You Pooree

Hoee Karaamaat Perfect is Your miracle Aap Sirajanhaarai Dhaari-aa

The Creator has installed You on a throne

Sikhee Atai Sangatee

Sikhs, as well as the Sangat (people of consciousness)

Paarbrahm Kar Namasakaari-aa

They recognize You because you manifest the Creator

Atal Athaa-o Atol Too

You are unchanging, unfathomable, and immeasurable

Tayraa Ant Na Paaraavaari-aa

You have no end, no limitation

Jinee Too Sayvi-aa Bhaa-o Kar

Those who serve You with love Say

Tudh Paar Utaari-aa

They are lifted & carried across the sea of existence

Lab Lobh Kaam Krodh Mo

The five obstacles of lust, anger, greed, pride and attachment

Maar Kadhay Tudh Saparvaari-aa

You have overcome them and driven them away

Dhan So Tayraa Thaan Hai

Blessed is Your realm

Sach Tayraa Paisakaari-aa

And True is Your magnificent glory

Naanak Too Lehnaa Toohai

You are Nanak, You are Angad

Gur Amar Too Veechaari-aa

And You are Amar Daas

Gur Dithaa Taa Man Saadhaari-aa

When I recognize You, my soul is comforted

---------------------------------------------- This Sikh shabd (prayer) from the Siri Guru Granth Sahib is in praise of Guru Ram Das, the 4th teacher in the Sikh lineage. A deeply devoted, compassionate, and loving being, Guru Ram Das gave of himself to all who were in need. Through his humble and devoted service to humanity, he became a light worker, a miracle worker. The gift of this shabd is its ability to bring miracles into your life.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
1000030015.jpg

QooldipSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
A repeat of an earlier post in another format.
Why a repetition??

Because it is of utmost importance.
We think that we will automatically go to heaven after death and be united with God.
Everything that you do comes with great effort.

At the very last moment before death........

Remember that your thoughts at the very last moment before death will be a reflection of your life on Earth

and how you fortunate people led your life on this wonderful planet Earth.

So be careful. Try to lead a good life and always remember God, 24 hours a day. Yes, 24 hours a day

You will then be liberated from the cycle of birth and death.

Listen and read the translation in English.

QooldipSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Separation of the soul from God.

In Sikhism, God is also often referred to as the "Husband Lord", the "Beloved" and the human soul as the "wife" the "bride" and the purpose of the human soul is to seek reunion with the Beloved. And remember you have obtained this human soul after many many many reincarnations.
For eg.

"In a lottery in which you pick 6 numbers from a possible pool of 49 numbers, your chances of winning the jackpot (correctly choosing all 6 numbers drawn) are 1 in 13,983,816. That's 1 shot in almost 14 million."

And the odds of attaining a human life form is much more difficult. Therefore, let us not waste this opportunity.

I decided on this post after reading a post here mocking a woman with 2 young children, who lost her husband due to a medical tragedy, in the worst possible manner. The intense pain she suffers is reflected here below.

The meaning of the word "Birha" in Punjabi means the intense pain of Separation from our loved one and the meaning in a religious context is the intense pain of Separation from God, also otherwise known as the Beloved, the Husband Lord.

The intense pain of Separation from her Husband is similar to the intense pain of Separation from the Husband Lord.

Here is a short statement where Baba Fareed whose sayings have been incorporated in the Sikh Holy Book has to say about Birha or Separation from the Beloved.

QooldipSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stories for children (and adults)

Guru Nanak, Bhoomi Daku (The Thief) & The Story of 4 Promises​

When Guru Nanak was traveling, he came to a village where a robber lived. The robber’s name was Bhoomi Daku. No one liked him because he was a thief. When he saw Guru Nanak, he respectfully pleaded, “Guru ji will you honor me by coming to my house so I can serve you?” Guru ji took mercy on the thief and said “OK, but before I come to your house, you have to make me four promises. The first promise is: YOU WON’T STEAL FROM POOR PEOPLE. They don’t have much so that’s not fair. The second promise is that from now on: YOU ALWAYS HAVE TO SPEAK THE TRUTH. The third promise is: IF YOU GO TO SOMEONE’S HOUSE AND EAT FROM THEIR HOUSE, YOU WILL NOT STEAL FROM THEM. The fourth promise is: YOU WILL NEVER PUT THE BLAME ON SOMEONE ELSE. If you make all these promises, then I will come to your house.”

Bhoomi Daku promised, “I swear I will keep all four of these promises.” So Guru Nanak went to his house and they enjoyed a nice evening together. Bhoomi Daku felt very happy and blessed to have such a wise and spiritual soul grace his house.

Later Bhoomi Daku went out, as usual, to go steal from people. Since he couldn’t steal from the poor, he decided to go and steal from the king’s house. When he got to the kings house there were bodyguards blocking the way in. He tried to sneak in when they weren’t looking but a bodyguard caught him and said, “Who are you and why are you here.” Bhoomi Daku remembered his promise to tell the truth. So he told the body guard, “Well sir, my name is Bhoomi Daku and I have come here to steal from the king.” The body guard started laughing, “What a ridiculous joke! I bet you’re a friend of the king. Come on in sir.” What a surprise, it worked! He told the truth and got right in.

Bhoomi Daku walked into the king’s house. He thought to himself, “How great Guru Nanak is! Because of his promises I’m now near the most wonderful riches I have ever seen!” He saw all kinds of jewelry and treasures, which he proceeded to put in his bags. As he kept stealing he smelled something very, very good. It smelled like chocolate cake! He walked into the kitchen and opened the oven and there it was - a beautiful, delicious cake. Chocolate cake was his very favorite food! He could not help reaching out and taking a piece of the cake. It tasted so good! But right as he tasted the first bite he remembered his promise to the Guru. If he eats from someone’s house, he can not steal from them. So he dropped his bags right there and he sneaked out of the palace.

In the morning, the king noticed some of the cake missing, and he saw the bag of treasure lying on the ground. “Someone has been here! Find out who it is and bring him to me!” So the king’s men went to the town and started asking people about it, but no one knew anything. After a while the guards got annoyed and started beating people. The people cried out, “We have done nothing wrong!” But the guards kept beating the people. When Bhoomi Daku heard the people crying out, he remembered his fourth promise to the Guru.

So he ran out and said . “Stop, stop! Don’t beat them, they are innocent. I am the robber, punish me instead!” So they brought him to the king. Bhoomi Daku explained everything to the king, but the king was confused and asked, “I heard that no one suspected you. Why did you confess?” “Sir, the fourth promise I made to the Guru was that I wouldn’t put blame on others for what I do. These people were taking the blame for me, so I had to keep my promise.” The king was impressed. “You must have a great Guru because you have kept all these promises you made to him. I am impressed with your Guru, I’m not going to punish you. You are free to go.” Then Bhoomi Daku asked the king, “But what about those poor people who were beaten for no reason?”

The king decided to throw a big party and invite everyone. During the party, Bhoomi Daku stood up in front of everyone. He announced to everyone, “I don’t know where Guru Nanak is now but I kept the four promises I made to him. I now make a fifth promise: I WILL NEVER STEAL AGAIN, AND I WILL FOLLOW THE TEACHINGS OF THE GURU.” The people were happy to hear him say this. The king, Bhoomi Daku and all the people in the village ate chocolate cake together and they lived very happily from that day on

QooldipSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Repetition of God's name and the Concept of Separation from God

Sikh Gurus had very close relations and dialogues with the Muslim Sufi Saints, themselves a persecuted (by other Muslims) offshoot of Islam-- even now.
Baba Fareed, a Muslim Sufi Saint has his sayings compiled in the Sikh Holy Book.

Each time we bow before the Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, we also bow to such great Saints in total absolute respect.
Such Saints like Baba Fareed had so much love for God such that separation from God became unbearable.

In this composition (as in the youtube below) Baba Fareed relates how this separation from God causes so much pain and a longing for unity with God.

To bring the understanding of God to humans, the concept of God is equated to that of the Beloved Husband (God) and the human as the soul bride.

Here Baba Fareed is stating that his longing for a reunion with God is just like the longing a human has of separation from a very loving wife -----
when days do not pass and nights do not end and sleep does not come to the eyes.

So friends you know how unbearable and painful it gets for someone who is separated from his beloved God.

You can repeat God's name (as used in your religion- whether God, Allah, Hari, Ram, Khuda, Prabhu, Yahweh, Elohim, Brahman, Aruman, Om, Satnam, Waheguru, Rahim, Karim, etc etc. etc.
For eg. in
Guru Gobind Singh's Jaap Sahib, itself contains 950 names of God. Remember you will not be penalised by God if you do not refer him by a particular name. It does not follow that if I refer to God as Allah, then I am not a Sikh or God would be upset. The word Allah is also used in the Sikh Holy Book as well as many many other names of God as used in other religions. Below is an extract from the Sikh Holy Book.

qyry nwm Anykw rUp Anµqw khxu n jwhI qyry gux kyqy ]1] rhwau ] (358-14)
tayray naam anaykaa roop anantaa kahan na jaahee tayray gun kaytay. ||1|| rahaa-o.
Your Names are so many, and Your Forms are endless. No one can tell how may Glorious Virtues You have. ||1||Pause||

Concept of Separation from God

Birha is separation which implies longing for reunion.
The Punjabi Sufi seeks God and craves for oneness with him.

The supreme ideal is Fana-Fi-Allah (The annihilation of the self in God).
But the union can also be attained by identifying oneself with the attributes of God and His creation.

The Punjabi Sufi, like the other Sufis the world over, considers God his Beloved.
But the Beloved here, contrary to the Islamic tradition, is masculine.

The human soul, the woman separated from her lover, yearns for union with the spouse (God).

In the end I want to sum up that the Punjabi Sufi poets based their philosophy of love on man- woman relationship.

They argued that profane love (Ishq-e-Majazi) leads to divine love (Ishq-e-Haqiqi).

They considered God husband and the human being wife.

The period of separation (Birha) could be best utilized by repeating the name of the loved one.
--- Do you know that there are human souls who repeat God's name continuously, day and night.

In this way the soul separated from the divine reality can achieve reunion with God.
In this process, Birha is of utmost significance.

You have attained this human form after millions of reincarnations.
We do not know when if we will achieve this human form again to enable us to re-unite with God.
Do not waste this opportunity that you already have in the present.

http://apnaorg.com/books/tasneem/Ch-2.html

QooldipSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
It just amazes me the different kind of feelings that God has "put" into us.

Happiness, gratitude, anger, hate, nervousness, fear, loneliness, shame, fear, timidness, embarrassment, guilt, regret, disgust, trust, surprise, satisfaction, pity, kindness, envy, greed, --- the list can just go on and on.

Loneliness. Not everyone is blessed with having many children, grandchildren or relatives around all the time.

Once a while we all experience loneliness. Many experience loneliness for extended periods.

It does not only affect the old. It can be your child who goes overseas for studies.

One way to overcome loneliness is to listen to these beautiful meditation chants which assure us that God is ever present and with us at all times.

Have no doubt about it.

" 'Ang Sang' means always around me, always there along with me"

Beautiful Explanation

What this Mantra means is that the creator of this universe, he himself is with us, holding our hands and guiding us in our every step and leading us from darkness to light.

He resides in each and every cell of our being, and we are not separate from him, we are a part of his beautiful creation.

'Ang Sang' means always around me, always there along with me, 'Waheguru' the one who leads us from 'Gu' - darkness to 'Ru' - the light. He is always with us, and we are not alone.

So, don't worry, don't fear anything, don't feel that emptiness in your heart, if you look deeply, and meditate and understand he is there for you, has been always there for you, and will always be,

You just have to look inside and you will find him in every cell, filling every cell with the light, filling every cell with love, filling you with love. ..

QooldipSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who are interested.

When Bhai Harjinder Singh Ji Srinagar Wale - a Sikh devotional singer - was young.

And now

I had the good fortune of meeting him about 10 years ago and listened to him in person. It had a profound effect on me.
With God's blessings, I will again be able to listen and meet him in person shortly.

What is being sung here so lovingly is that repeating the name of God/meditating on his name one's thirst and hunger for God will be fully satiated.

Some have been blessed by such a humble melodious voice that you are put in a different world listening to them.

When you listen to such devotional music in a congregation, all seated on the floor together (as in a Sikh Gurdwara or in any other holy place) in the hundreds and the soulful words surrounding you, with everyone having only God in mind, you will feel that you are in Heaven.

AMimRqu nwmu inDwnu hY imil pIvhu BweI ]

The treasure of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is Ambrosial Nectar; meet together and drink it in, O Siblings of Destiny.

ijsu ismrq suKu pweIAY sB iqKw buJweI ]

Remembering Him in meditation, peace is found, and all thirst is quenched.

kir syvw pwrbRhm gur BuK rhY n kweI ]

So serve the Supreme Lord God and the Guru, and you shall never be hungry again.

sgl mnorQ puMinAw Amrw pdu pweI ]

All your desires shall be fulfilled, and you shall obtain the status of immortality.

quDu jyvfu qUhY pwrbRhm nwnk srxweI ]3]

You alone are as great as Yourself, O Supreme Lord God; Nanak seeks Your Sanctuary. ||3||

QooldipSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Repeat and remember the name of God in the early morning or before bed or in fact at all times and as background soulful music during one's daily routine.

You will soon realize that your love of God will be limitless.

Waheguru means Wondrous Enlightener.

Listen to these soothing voices and many more others. They might send a shiver up your spine.

And with comments from
enlightened and blessed souls.

Silver Supernova1 month ago
Beautiful! It really makes me feel one with our Father Creator. I'm in awe. I'm a Christian who finds great blessing in chanting these mantras. I send love, light and blessings to all Sikh people around the World. What a great light you all are for this World. And what an awesome GOD we all have ???

@alma-zr6ik

4 years ago
I am Muslim but really only the waheguru songs can makes me calm and gives me peace of mind. It is more than 2 years I listen these songs and listen to Sikh religious lectures . Waheguruji kalsa waheguru ji fatih

@nashirsheikh913

4 years ago
Mashaalaah subhanallah gi

------ we normally used MasyaAllah when there is a calamity or unexpected turn of event or when we are upset and so on and so forth, and Subhanallah to be used when there is joy or beauty, like when you see a beautiful baby/person or a stunning sunset or a melodious voice.

@LakhvirSingh-zk3of

2 weeks ago
Ur voice sounds so sweet I'm so thankful that God gave me a home and a beautiful family

----- Always thank and be grateful to God