• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hougang By-Eelection & Impact of YSL Saga II

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can bet with you that WP will win, whoever stands, even when there is 3-corner fight. WP brand in hougang has rooted so deep that it captured Aljunied ground and extending towards other eastern region of Singapore. The only way to uproot WP in Hougang, is to uiproot its residents. If PAP captured it, it will be merged with other GRC. Similarly, I see Potong Pasir SMC will be uprooted by merging with Kallang-Molmein or Bishan GRC in the next election. This part requires no thinking head if you know PAP well.

I will go a step further. Whoever WP chooses, he/she will improve on YSL's performance.

deepblue0911

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will go a step further. Whoever WP chooses, he/she will improve on YSL's performance.

GD sir, your statement is what I would consider a conclusion. Unlike GMS the fence-sitter, making half-baked motherhood statements that can't be wrong. Oops sorry sir, how could I compare you with GMS? That's an insult. Sorry sir.:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well argued bro. This is what I call a proper assessment, analysis, flowing, predicated on discernible observations and known traits.

Hougang residents got balls and are well-known hardcore loyalists of WP. Provened over the past 20 years even when LTK was alone and internet hardly send shock wave into PAP camp, Hougang residents held hard and fought back to keep at least one opposition in parliament while majority of Singaporeans were afraid to vote for opposition. Time has changed for the worse of PAP when more worms are being exposed, more than YSL saga, I see no reason or the capability of PAP to swing huge votes, not even more than 5%. Look at MBT who had caused massive grievances and making HDB unaffordable across the society, what was his percentage vote swing in the last election and why was it that he still maintained his seat in parliament while you are still here with every Singapore issue standing in your favour? If you are a strategist we expected MBT to be out from parliament.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha....i try to kay kiang this time......hopefully don't end up with m&d in my face.
now all the wsie pple, pse tell me the logic for saying that amk grc will be holding a BE also.....
1. for lhl to bring in new blood.....only 1 year after GE2011.....kuku reason.
2. to show he (lhl) is the boss and can do what he wants.......another kuku reason.
3. to absorb/redraw the boundary of hg smc.....even more kuku reason
4. because gms said so.......most likely reason.....lol.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Do you think the NSP would want to be a spoiler and be the third party to contest in the HG by-election and risk being accused as the party that gave Hougang to the PAP? I dont think NSP is that foolish. NS is wise to say that she is not going to contest HG.

If I am not wrong SDP, SPP, SDA and RP have already said that they prefer it to be a direct contest between PAP and WP..that's wisdom

Anyone with a long run goal in mind would easily come to the conclusion that WP and Hougang are best left to WP and Hougang. If you're a serious person, you'd spend time upping your own game and building upon your strengths. NSP is doing neither, and GMS is doing the exact opposite.

Its as if after asking for support, they are now mocking us for being so naive. I don't think I'll forget this in GE2016.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hahaha....i try to kay kiang this time......hopefully don't end up with m&d in my face.
1. to absorb/redraw the boundary of hg smc.....even more kuku reason

It will do more harm to LHL than good.

Scene 1:
If HG smc is merged into AMK GRC, all the impartiality, independency and democracy argued by PAP in the international arena have provened to be non-existence and will not go down well with PAP image for the rest of its existence regardless how our ministers tried to argue about democracy and fairness. It will be a black mark that stays permanently on PAP. Netizens and bloggers will be mobilised collecitvely to curse the action of PAP until main stream media also find no place to hide itself. A fall in HG to PAP might proved more costly to PAP than it thought and may translate to further lost of votes and GRCs in the next election.

Scene 2:
It will caused further divide in society, between anti and pro-PAP camp. Everyone who is sensible and dislike PAP will be mobilesed (including all the 3 Tans - Jee Say, Kin Lian, Cheng Bock) to give PAP a kick in the butt. Political observers will have nothing positive to say about PAP selfish strategy. All fire power (from different opposition parties and its supporters) will come with full ammunition to attack PAP's left, right and center. The scene might prove disastrous if foreigners were involved (to support the ruling party) and caused further erosion of trust between local citizens and foreigners. Tony Tan may have to come out from his complacency and clear air, placed himself in precarious position on which side to take and whether merging HG SMC is "legal" when residents did not give PAP the mandate in their town. This might affect the next presidential election on how partial is PAP endorsed candidate.

Scene 3:
Overtaken by his ill strategy of stealing HG from backdoor and seeing the massive negative ground sentiments forcing him to the brink from all part of Singapore to lend support to WP. LHL might apologise for the 2nd time with rhetorics. The holy trinity of his Father and Holly Gohs might limbed into the scene to threaten the old people in AMK GRC, as if they have not learned their lesson in Aljunied GRC. It will be another close fight with two strong camps and die-hard supporters. Shit Times and CNA will stooped to historical low to favour news on PAP as the stake became high if PM lose his ward.

Ideally speaking, LHL should be voted out and lost his dignity as PM and forced to relinguish his post to someone like Tharman, Teo Chee Hean...etc. Only than, we might hope to see real change when LKY no longer has his shadowy hands on the son. There is no better opportunity than now to see Singapore CAPABLE OF SURVIVING on its own without the hindrance of LEE KUAN YEW AND FAMILY for decades. Save Singapore now or never. Such outcome of purging poor leadership and nepotism is extremely healthy for PAP renewal, it has been long overdue.

Scene 4:
WP might lose by close margin in AMK GRC. No big deal but lesson learned. The lost will allow WP to stay focus on capturing GRC in the next election, while LHL will continue to constantly watch his ward because HG residents did not like PAP and have became part of AMK residents. LHL though win by slight margin, has his image tarnished big time. It is a matter of time AMK GRC will fall into the hands of WP and no longer PM stronghold.

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What we are witnessing now is known as the politics of distraction -- a tried and proven technique of obfuscating the people and diverting attention from the issues that matter.

The incumbency factor will work in WP's favour and swing votes will depend more on national issues rather than on the YSL affair. Its easy to sit behind a keyboard, work up an ego, and think your little pet demon is more powerful and more persuasive and can bring down WP. The man on the street does not even know what the big fuss is all about. He's only concerned about foreigners taking away his jobs, his children unable to afford homes, etc.

HG residents know LTK well enough to trust his leadership even when he is not MP of their ward. They voted WP consistently for two decades because they know the trustworthiness of that man and the symbol of his party, the hammer. I don't see any reason for that to change.

Hougang residents got balls and are well-known hardcore loyalists of WP. Provened over the past 20 years even when LTK was alone and internet hardly send shock wave into PAP camp, Hougang residents held hard and fought back to keep at least one opposition in parliament while majority of Singaporeans were afraid to vote for opposition. Time has changed for the worse of PAP when more worms are being exposed, more than YSL saga, I see no reason or the capability of PAP to swing huge votes, not even more than 5%. Look at MBT who had caused massive grievances and making HDB unaffordable across the society, what was his percentage vote swing in the last election and why was it that he still maintained his seat in parliament while you are still here with every Singapore issue standing in your favour? If you are a strategist we expected MBT to be out from parliament.

I can bet with you that WP will win, whoever stands, even when there is 3-corner fight. WP brand in hougang has rooted so deep that it captured Aljunied ground and extending towards other eastern region of Singapore. The only way to uproot WP in Hougang, is to uiproot its residents. If PAP captured it, it will be merged with other GRC. Similarly, I see Potong Pasir SMC will be uprooted by merging with Kallang-Molmein or Bishan GRC in the next election. This part requires no thinking head if you know PAP well.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
What you are trying to tell me about NSP is no mystery to me but wait, do you know who is the "best friend" of all these people? :wink:

Splitting votes is one thing, but to whose advantage is another question. The incumbent will always have the advantage and in this case, WP is the incumbent. Just put it this way, I am not calling NSP to go for 3 corner fight but for a totally reason from yours. WP is practically doing a distress call and dying to get NSP into a 3 corner fight. In my view, NSP should not go in for the 3 corner fight because WP should be left to face the music alone and NSP should not be made a scape goat out of it.

Well never mind if you agree with me or not but the end result you and me seeking is the same, no 3 corner fight from NSP, for a totally opposite reason.

I have explained, I dislike monopolies very much and WP is trying to act like a monopoly. Even for WP to lose Hougang is not end of the world as WP still has 5 elected MPs with 2 NCMPs. In fact, it would do opposition movement good for WP to lose Hougang and experience the pain. It will have to learn the hard way that it shouldn't take opposition supporters for granted and its MPs must keep up with their promise of "First World Parliamentarians", don't do hanky panky things like womanizing or plagiarizing other people's work.

In fact, I would say that if WP loses Hougang, opposition movement as a whole will gain because it will force WP to consider thrice before going into unnecessary 3 corner fights next GE.

NSP has almost half of the CEC filled with new members. Whatever things you have said about NSP, the effect and impact of it has subsided. In politics, it is always the number game.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS

You know very well that I have been dropping hints about NSP for very long time. Even before you joined the party. LTK knows very well what is going on as he comes from the same background as Seb and the rest.

Nearly all of them in NSP first rank have business interests in China because their sponsors do not want to show their link locally. They only come back to contest when there is elections. I concede there will be genuine blurfucks in the CEC thinking they are fighting the govt.

After the Tony Tan affair, it makes absolute sense to play the vote splitting game. All you need is an egomaniac and someelse to stroke his ego. Do you want to go down in hsitory as someone that screwed up opposition politics.

Why you think that LTK is very careful. He was so focused in avoiding sleepers that he missed out on those with the usual vices. He will learn from it. Will you?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Nobody is saying WP will lose dude. :smile:

But your analysis is heavily biased, without taking into consideration of the fact that almost all elections are local for SMC, nothing to do with general policy direction. In this case, the impact of YSL saga will be higher than anything else. No doubt WP has incumbent advantage with die hard supporters but look at what happened to Uncle Chiam's PP. It lost, even though it is by just a hundred plus votes.

WP may win but the matter is by how many votes? Although it will be surprising if WP loses, but this is not totally inconceivable for me, though you may just bang your head against the wall if that happens.

Time has changed and the reason why there is higher swing votes is not only because we have internet but basically, if you look at the results vs the respective candidates, it simply means that voters are becoming more discerning when it comes to voting. This may just work both ways to opposition as a double edged sword.

Well, let's wait for the result of Hougang by-election and all should be clearer.

Goh Meng Seng

As much as your analysis tried to presume human are rationale, I doubt it stands because of the behavourial pattern and 60% of our population are still "mentally challenged" to see through PAP agenda. Fortunately Hougang residents have clear mind as far back as 20 years ago when many Singaporeans failed to see.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Never say never, dude. Change and impermanence is the only constant in politics.

Goh Meng Seng

Anyone with a long run goal in mind would easily come to the conclusion that WP and Hougang are best left to WP and Hougang. If you're a serious person, you'd spend time upping your own game and building upon your strengths. NSP is doing neither, and GMS is doing the exact opposite.

Its as if after asking for support, they are now mocking us for being so naive. I don't think I'll forget this in GE2016.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not impossible for WP to lose Hougang though it is unlikely.
So don't be surprised of the outcome my frens.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have explained, I dislike monopolies very much and WP is trying to act like a monopoly.

Goh Meng Seng

What cock is that?
WP won 1 SMC out of 12 and 1 GRC out of 15 and that is monopoly?
They have not even reached the mandatory one third in order to be effective in parliament and you are feeling insecure and perhaps, jealous.
In the next election they wish to win more and inevitably will choose the weakest links available without any obligations to anybody.
You sound more like a mummy's child. Anyone gambling with you must let you win a bit otherwise you will cry mummy.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GMS,

To add further, Singapore needs a strong and effective opposition urgently to prevent further deterioration and there is no time to play nanny's game or wait for people like you to improve.
Choosing the weakest link is the strategy and that's the name of the game.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you rusty. WP is not an effective opposition. Look at their performance in parliament, they are absolutely useless. A waste of time. I bet you Nicole Seah alone can do much better than the whole bunch of those buggers.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with you rusty. WP is not an effective opposition. Look at their performance in parliament, they are absolutely useless. A waste of time. I bet you Nicole Seah alone can do much better than the whole bunch of those buggers.

You, another fucker who talk with a cock so deep in the mouth that is causing you difficulties to differentiate between performance and effectiveness in parliament. Do you know how they vote in parliament?

byleftcan

Alfrescian
Loyal
What we are witnessing now is known as the politics of distraction -- a tried and proven technique of obfuscating the people and diverting attention from the issues that matter.

The incumbency factor will work in WP's favour and swing votes will depend more on national issues rather than on the YSL affair. Its easy to sit behind a keyboard, work up an ego, and think your little pet demon is more powerful and more persuasive and can bring down WP. The man on the street does not even know what the big fuss is all about. He's only concerned about foreigners taking away his jobs, his children unable to afford homes, etc.

HG residents know LTK well enough to trust his leadership even when he is not MP of their ward. They voted WP consistently for two decades because they know the trustworthiness of that man and the symbol of his party, the hammer. I don't see any reason for that to change.

I don't think it is LTK that pulls Hougang residents together totally. It does not seem that WP is turning into a personality cult like SPP and on the contrary WP is concerned about parties being linked to one dominant personality - SDP-CSJ, SPP-CST, NSP-Nicole. Hougang residents and many across Singapore bought into the WP branding instead. As long as WP puts someone there, Hougang would vote him or her in as they are endorsing WP and its politics, and much less so because of LTK and its personality.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal

Tend to agree with you. WP is not the kind of opposition I am enamored with.

One TJS or CSJ will turn this parleement on its heead!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tend to agree with you. WP is not the kind of opposition I am enamored with.

One TJS or CSJ will turn this parleement on its heead!

Who didn't want such flavour in parliament? If only Bukit Panjang residents are smart enough to buy your argument, if only people vote for TJS as our president, Singapore would become the most ideal and livable place we can call home. By numbers, WP is undeniably the most loved opposition party in the last election. Thus it goes to show LTK has his ways of capturing hearts and mind through moderate confrontational approach though many clueless people expected more from him. If WP moderate strategy works well to gain some seat in parliament, all other arguments against WP are just a different animal which might not gain popular support (ref TJS/TKL vs TCB). In the name of war, would you prefer a confrontational leader in the street or a moderate opposition in parliament who can vote against PAP unfair bill, which is the best situation in Singapore landscape?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GD sir, your statement is what I would consider a conclusion. Unlike GMS the fence-sitter, making half-baked motherhood statements that can't be wrong. Oops sorry sir, how could I compare you with GMS? That's an insult. Sorry sir.:biggrin:

Boss, I bo sir leh. Just the other night, met an ex-accused of mine together with 4 of his Ah Beng friends. He addressed me as 'sir'. I told him not to coz I retired liao. He insisted. And he is in his late 60s! Sent him to jail at least twice.

I am flattered to be compared with Capt Goh. No insult at all, boss. Life goes on.