• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Have you had chicken rice recently? Serious question.

dankos

fat ass,

u happen to know him?

Occupation
Regional IT Engineer
Employment
• Imerys Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Regional IT Engineer, present
• Imerys Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
• LANWorks Pte Ltd
• Acecom Technologies Pte Ltd
• Bluengine Holdings Pte Ltd
Education
• RMIT University
• Informatics Computer School
• Temasek Polytechnic
• Queenstown Secondary School
• Alexandra Hill Primary School

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nope just arrive from India back in 08. I graduated top of my class from IIT, Mumbai. Peasants like him have nothing to do with me

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
On Sunday, I ordered a plate of chicken rice plus extra roast pork at Serangoon Gardens. It cost me $4. The chicken pieces were about seven slices, 1 cm wide and about half cm thick. The fellow must have hammered the chicken with the back of the chopper to make it look bigger in area. Same with roast pork, super thin. Actually, quite impressed he can cut so thin.

Are you all experiencing the same thing? Serving portions are getting smaller? Fillers like rice and noodles maintain the same but ingredients are getting less.

if you are a vegetarian, you will not have such problems.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you are a vegetarian, you will not have such problems.

Yes I totally agree with a vegetarian lifestyle. Indians have no problem with stupid chicken rice coz most of us are vegetarian. Hitler was a vegetarian too, Definitely no problem for him either

dankos

Why else did U think the PAP offered me a blank cheque to do nothing but type random bullshit and fix opposition on the internet

fat ass finally admitted to be a pap dog. but too bad u r not what fuck top ah neh grad. u r a lowly IT tech. somemore damn fat n ugly (but at least not black).

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One would assume the price rental in and around town area to be more freaking expensive. Even if I eat at Lau Pa Sat, and use food court pricing, the cost of what he describe would be $4 and the portion here is usually not half as pathetic.

Oh and BTW Amoy Food Centre only does lunch crowd, one would assume the operation cost for them would be relatively higher compared to others who can do lunch and dinner crowd

Sorry.. I don't know where is Amoy food centre . BTW , have you not heard of hawker stall rental can go up to 10k per month ? And not forgetting staff salary and the number of staffs you hired , choice of ingredients all play a big role when comes to pricing .. You are obviously not a businessman .

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fat ass finally admitted to be a pap dog. but too bad u r not what fuck top ah neh grad. u r a lowly IT tech. somemore damn fat n ugly (but at least not black).

Yes I am definitely an Ah Neh FT. U totally mistook me for the guy in your picture. That guy is an idiot who goes around asking assholes to support WP deserves to be punished

dankos

Yes I am definitely an Ah Neh FT. U totally mistook me for the guy in your picture. That guy is an idiot who goes around asking assholes to support WP deserves to be punished

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fat n ugly and black

phpk5yw5f.jpg

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry.. I don't know where is Amoy food centre . BTW , have you not heard of hawker stall rental can go up to 10k per month ? And not forgetting staff salary and the number of staffs you hired , choice of ingredients all play a big role when comes to pricing .. You are obviously not a businessman .

I am not a business man I am, according to someone in here, a technician

More seriously, Amoy food centre is right next to Tanjong Pagar MRT and caters exclusively to the office lunch crowd, the stalls close at night coz no one goes there at night

I have not personally seen or met any idiot who are willing to rent hawker stalls for more then 10K but I do know if it's a food court that price is very possible. I am not busienss man, I have to admit but I dun know what I said to make it that obvious but whatever. My family owns a food stall in Chinatown so I know a thing or 2 about handling a food stall

1)It is unlikely any $10K hawker stalls if they exist at all is rented from the government directly. I am 100% certain those are sublet stalls, rented from someone else. Kopitiam maybe the exception coz they are privately managed. In which case anyone dumb enough to rent stalls at 10K deserves to lose money.

2)The rental stalls for 1st gen owners like my family is VERY cheap. Those who are not and rented via market rate are usually not anywhere near the 10K mark either.

3)Assuming U only hire 1 helper(which is very normal for many food stalls), the 2nd biggest overheads may actually be your utilitiy bill and not wages

4)Yes choice of ingredients play a big role, something we never seem to factor in is stuff like cost of minor things like rubber bands and plastic utensils, packaging for things like chilli sauce also add up.

However, unless we are talking about a food court, the guy uses Cherry Chicken and high end rice, I still think he is overcharging. Obviously this is base on a 1 sided description provided by the thread starter, for all we know he may be exaggerating.

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

More seriously, Amoy food centre is right next to Tanjong Pagar MRT and caters exclusively to the office lunch crowd, the stalls close at night coz no one goes there at night

I have not personally seen or met any idiot who are willing to rent hawker stalls for more then 10K but I do know if it's a food court that price is very possible. I am not busienss man, I have to admit but I dun know what I said to make it that obvious but whatever. My family owns a food stall in Chinatown so I know a thing or 2 about handling a food stall

1)It is unlikely any $10K hawker stalls if they exist at all is rented from the government directly. I am 100% certain those are sublet stalls, rented from someone else. Kopitiam maybe the exception coz they are privately managed. In which case anyone dumb enough to rent stalls at 10K deserves to lose money.

2)The rental stalls for 1st gen owners like my family is VERY cheap. Those who are not and rented via market rate are usually not anywhere near the 10K mark either.

3)Assuming U only hire 1 helper(which is very normal for many food stalls), the 2nd biggest overheads may actually be your utilitiy bill

4)Yes choice of ingredients play a big role, something we never seem to factor in is stuff like cost of minor things like rubber bands and plastic utensils, packaging for things like chilli sauce also add up.

However, unless we are talking about a food court, the guy uses Cherry Chicken and high end rice, I still think he is overcharging. Obviously this is base on a 1 sided description provided by the thread starter, for all we know he may be exaggerating.

dankos

3)Assuming U only hire 1 helper(which is very normal for many food stalls), the 2nd biggest overheads may actually be your utilitiy bill

fat ass,

i remembered u said u used to finish up all the leftover beehoon. hence u now so fat. :biggrin: why now u no say u what fuck rich guy who live in some landed property n eat some high class restaurant. why now own up u are some poor hawker son. why stop all this nonsense. come on lah. brag more. u could even deceive yourself.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fat ass,

i remembered u said u used to finish up all the leftover beehoon. hence u now so fat. :biggrin: why now u no say u what fuck rich guy who live in some landed property n eat some high class restaurant. why now own up u are some poor hawker son. why stop all this nonsense. come on lah. brag more. u could even deceive yourself.

I'm replying your post using your twisted image of me. From now on, all my post directed to U will be in my Ah Neh persona

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

3)Assuming U only hire 1 helper(which is very normal for many food stalls), the 2nd biggest overheads may actually be your utilitiy bill and not wages

if customers traffic is good do you think hired one staff is enough ? your mindset is just like those uncle auntie doing business . i once talk to ponggol nasi lemak about their rental ..guess what ? 15k amonth . yes , i agreed that some of those expensive stall are sublet stalls ..but thats not the point ..the point is some stall have their reason to sell expensive ( the reason are high overheads ) ...do you think they are stupid and charge high price to chase away their own customers ?

you cant say those ppl who rent a 10k stall per month are stupid ....some can really make it of course some cant ..it all depends on how good your food is ...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
fat ass,

In what way is this posting related to chicken rice?

dankos

I'm replying your post using your twisted image of me. From now on, all my post directed to U will be in my Ah Neh persona

fat ass,

dun be ashame of your past. poor hawker son staying in some hdb flat is ok one. poor it tech is ok one. fat n ugly is ok one. dun pretend to be rich ok. worse still pretend to be a chow ah neh.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if customers traffic is good do you think hired one staff is enough ? your mindset is just like those uncle auntie doing business . i once talk to ponggol nasi lemak about their rental ..guess what ? 15k amonth . yes , i agreed that some of those expensive stall are sublet stalls ..but thats not the point ..the point is some stall have their reason to sell expensive ( the reason are high overheads ) ...do you think they are stupid and charge high price to chase away their own customers ?

you cant say those ppl who rent a 10k stall per month are stupid ....some can really make it of course some cant ..it all depends on how good your food is ...

Obviously if customer traffic is good U will have more then 1 staff. What I was saying is the average stall which probably have only 1 helper, in which case the 2nd highest overheads after rental is probably utility.

Human traffic also doesn't translate into profit even if your food is good. Reputation is more important then good food. And I agree the they don't usually charge high prices which would scare away customers but that doesnt apply to everyone. I've known more then enough stall who does otherwise to know there are many who isn't afraid to try and do it.

Someone who dares to pay 10K rent probably already have a very good following and is confident of making that kind of money and not afraid to rise prices. Someone who skimp on so much ingredents to make ends meet doesn't meet that kind of demographic. He is more likely either profiteering or stupid(as in paying over the top rental). In which case this type of stalls usually won't survive too long coz they are paying more then they can afford and customers will stay away coz they skimp on the food

Finally again I want to emphasize this point, my point is base on a 1 sided description provided by the thread starter, for all we know he may be exaggerating.

Last edited: