• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Have you had chicken rice recently? Serious question.

karmabear

Alfrescian
Loyal
On Sunday, I ordered a plate of chicken rice plus extra roast pork at Serangoon Gardens. It cost me $4. The chicken pieces were about seven slices, 1 cm wide and about half cm thick. The fellow must have hammered the chicken with the back of the chopper to make it look bigger in area. Same with roast pork, super thin. Actually, quite impressed he can cut so thin.

Are you all experiencing the same thing? Serving portions are getting smaller? Fillers like rice and noodles maintain the same but ingredients are getting less.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chicken Rice = $3 + $1 roast pork = common

Amoy Food Centre, right smack in the middle of the CBD area chicken Rice + Roast Pork = $3
I live in Redhill area. All Chicken rice stalls from Redhill market to ABC Market and the Kopitiam in between you should be able to get what you ordered at $3.50 max

You can go tell the stupid bugger at Serangoon Gardens to screw himself.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those hawkers really dunno got so cham or not. Cheebye skimp on the portion till really ridiculous. Rental go up every month one meh? Acceptable?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... The chicken pieces were about seven slices, 1 cm wide and about half cm thick. The fellow must have hammered the chicken with the back of the chopper to make it look bigger in area ...
4 chicken breast meat, dey 1st slice ze breast meat in2 4 layers ... den, dey flatten a layer 2 widen it b4 dey chop it 4 u ...

Lee Kam You Sucker

Alfrescian
Loyal
I ate yesterday at basement 1 Sim Lim Sq normal order chicken rice S$3.50 and meat is very little. Rental so expensive. I doubt the stall will be there for much longer, already that stall had changed hands few times in the last 24 months.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Once you have eaten and experienced the stall, then take a note to avoid. Best to take a picture and send to others and advertised the stall that gives bad service. Pay the amount for a decent meal and get one that does not satisfy. Why cannot they charge $5.00 and give bigger amount if they think $4.00 is not enough to make a profit? I hate such stalls that shortchange the customers.:mad:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Char_Azn .. Different location different rental price ..how to compare ?

One would assume the price rental in and around town area to be more freaking expensive. Even if I eat at Lau Pa Sat, and use food court pricing, the cost of what he describe would be $4 and the portion here is usually not half as pathetic.

Oh and BTW Amoy Food Centre only does lunch crowd, one would assume the operation cost for them would be relatively higher compared to others who can do lunch and dinner crowd

Last edited:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
who is fat like fuck? flies like a pig? and knows quite a bit about eating chicken rice?

It's called eating like a local at a Food Centre. U might want to try it sometimes. Most normal born and bred non-elite local like me eat at such places every f**king day

dankos

It's called eating like a local at a Food Centre. U might want to try it sometimes. Most normal born and bred non-elite local like me eat at such places every f**king day

plenty of ppl eat in hawker centres dun look like a pig like u do leh.

dankos

That's coz I'm a freaking elite who only eat at restaurants under the Les Amis group. Whoever gave U the idea I eat like a local :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

fat ass,

elite your lancheow lah. lowly paid it technician only call yourself elite. :biggrin:

what is next, i m damn fat but fit is it:eek:

dankos

Chicken Rice = $3 + $1 roast pork = common

Amoy Food Centre, right smack in the middle of the CBD area chicken Rice + Roast Pork = $3
I live in Redhill area. All Chicken rice stalls from Redhill market to ABC Market and the Kopitiam in between you should be able to get what you ordered at $3.50 max

You can go tell the stupid bugger at Serangoon Gardens to screw himself.

fat ass i tot u say u elite? elite live redhill and eat at abc market :eek:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fat ass,

elite your lancheow lah. lowly paid it technician only call yourself elite. :biggrin:

what is next, i m damn fat but fit is it:eek:

Lowly tech guy gets to travel around the world U jealous issit? If all companies pay their tech guys enough to travel the world I dun mind being one :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm not fit. I'm just good enough to pass IPPT. U not happy issit every year kena RT :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

fat ass i tot u say u elite? elite live redhill and eat at abc market :eek:

Redhill got condo and Landed property along Tanglin Rd U dunno meh. I itchy backside go act like peasant cannot issit :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

dankos

Lowly tech guy gets to travel around the world U jealous issit? If all companies pay their tech guys enough to travel the world I dun mind being one :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm not fit. I'm just good enough to pass IPPT. U not happy issit every year kena RT :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Redhill got condo and Landed property along Tanglin Rd U dunno meh. I itchy backside go act like peasant cannot issit :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

fat ass,

landed property your lancheow lah. must go dig up the thread where u claim to have a harsh and poor childhood and now 'make it big' as IT tech liao. :biggrin:

dun think ppl have short memory ok. btw, my last ippt as reservist in 2004, i got gold. :biggrin:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As far as I can remember, U guys are claimed that I am an Pro-PAP FT Indian Elite who have never done NS, live in high and mighty elite estate and have no idea how peasants live their life. Since when do U ever take my word for real. I was just joking about a poor childhood :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited: