• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good FOOD at Geylang - Let's share

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
across the road, there's the famous beef hor fan. seriously one of the best ever. When i first went there it was like a hole in the wall, just a door to the kitchen where a lady takes orders.. NOWWW wahh, very different. it's a proper tze char place already, the har chong kai (prawn paste chicken) is not bad really.

I hope this is of some help!!
:cool: :smile: :biggrin: :p :smile: :wink:

The beef kway teow can really dig a hole and cover themselves. Portions getting smaller, taste getting lousier and basically riding on past fame. I give them another 5-10 years in business at most and soon the place will be taken over by another eatery. Their turnout is a testimony that their food is no longer good and yet they still think they are that great because of that signboard.

kiko

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today , i would like to share with brothers a good food in Geylang. It is one of the favourite singaporean like . It is called " Fried Hokkien mee". It closes on Monday. Opens from Tues - sunday 11.30am-9.30pm. Located at Geylang Lor 29. Bros , can go and try !

manuelferrara

Bah Chor Mee @ Guang Ming Coffee shop diagonally opposite Aljunied MRT. Tze char at this coffeeshop is good also.

Its beside Lor 23, sims ave that side.:smile:

Yes, i always go there at wee hours for the Bar chor mee (they open till 3am, close on sun). Also brings prc gfs there until the boss knows me liao:biggrin:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
very much agree, i still remember my first experience with it. the beef is as soft as butter and it taste god damn good.

now? just another beef hor fan

wodemama

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't think you empty your belly for eating "chicken", so after that also not so hungry :p

go L3 or 5? Yan Woo the Taiwaness foods, a light food and more choice, want to eat full also can :biggrin:

The belly will digest the food in it to convert it into glucose for use other wise glycogen will be formed instead and stored in the liver and be converted back into glucose when needed. Theoretically speaking, the belly is now "empty". =P

anyway, lor 9 theres still shop selling superb carrot cake with prawns in it. Its a must try!

Not to mention the You Tiao Da Wang. Must try their beancurd and soya bean milk and basically most of the thing there =P.

And at around lor 30-20 theres these store selling duck rice, the duck when served has steam peanuts to go along with.Its cooked tgt with the peanuts, and it is heavenly. Will update when i get the correct lorongs.

TD042

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lor 23 the porridge is aslo nice,they have the pork,intestine,raw fish for u to choose too...

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
lor 15 nasi lemak is pretty good. long queue always but its not cheap. the coffeeshop only have two stalls in it, this nasi lemak stall and the drinks stall. its near to the exit of lor 15, considering if you drive and turn into lor 15 after passing Amrise Hotel.

this nasi lemak offers black pepper chicken wings/drumsticks. pretty tasty apart from the normal deep fried chicken wings.

I eat this frequently, but the old man with spectacles is very xialan, think people owe him business. I only patronise when he's not around. The honey fried drumsticks or breasts are damn yummy.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
The hao jian opposite the lor 9 beef kuay teow is one of my favs.

Durian season now on, had some this week :smile:

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
The prawn mee at lor 16 coffee shop also taste good. ( beside shell petrol station ) clear type of soup and they provide chilli padi ( my favourite ) instead of those big red non- spicy chilli. Just had 2 bowls this afternoon....shiok !

thisrocksmysock

Alfrescian
Loyal
The beef kway teow can really dig a hole and cover themselves. Portions getting smaller, taste getting lousier and basically riding on past fame. I give them another 5-10 years in business at most and soon the place will be taken over by another eatery. Their turnout is a testimony that their food is no longer good and yet they still think they are that great because of that signboard.

that i agree, the food standard did drop.. havent been back in a while.. ahah close down still will have alot of nice eateries in this east side stretch

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
My choice for above average fare would be
a) Lor 12 Prawn noodle (sometimes road side shows kena raid so good place to wait)
b) Lor 15 Teochew Muay (opens until 4am)
c) Lor 15 Nasi Lemak (a toss between b and c since both nearby)
d) Lor 16 Prawn Noodle (you can order fried chicken wings from neighboring stalls and also get indecent proposals from wandering ladies)
e) Lor 18. Economy mee hoon for pure carbo loading. Surly service.
f) Lor 25A Wonton noodle. Opens after 10pm. You can order carrot cake from the same coffee shop. Or try the fish soup in same coffeeshop (before 6pm)
g) Lor 27A Bak Kut Teh (consistent and coffeeshop is clean, on the quieter side of GL)
h) Lor 27 (Sims Ave side for Nasi Padang, before 7pm)
i) Lor 31 Mutton Herbal soup (before 7pm)
j) Lor 29 Satay, Hokkien Noodle, Braised duck (only for choice, otherwise too salty, too sweet, poorly sliced in that order)
k) Lor 33 Claypot chicken rice (sometimes they have a packet ready for instant takeaway so just ask)

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
My choice for above average fare would be
a) Lor 12 Prawn noodle (sometimes road side shows kena raid so good place to wait)
b) Lor 15 Teochew Muay (opens until 4am)
c) Lor 15 Nasi Lemak (a toss between b and c since both nearby)
d) Lor 16 Prawn Noodle (you can order fried chicken wings from neighboring stalls and also get indecent proposals from wandering ladies)
e) Lor 18. Economy mee hoon for pure carbo loading. Surly service.
f) Lor 25A Wonton noodle. Opens after 10pm. You can order carrot cake from the same coffee shop. Or try the fish soup in same coffeeshop (before 6pm)
g) Lor 27A Bak Kut Teh (consistent and coffeeshop is clean, on the quieter side of GL)
h) Lor 27 (Sims Ave side for Nasi Padang, before 7pm)
i) Lor 31 Mutton Herbal soup (before 7pm)
j) Lor 29 Satay, Hokkien Noodle, Braised duck (only for choice, otherwise too salty, too sweet, poorly sliced in that order)
k) Lor 33 Claypot chicken rice (sometimes they have a packet ready for instant takeaway so just ask)
j) Lor 32 Bian Mee. corner kopitam. good to eat.

alwaysandy

Lor 11 frog leg porridge beside the "temple". and the lor 39 beancurd. since lor 17/19 beancurd increased to $1.00 from $0.60 already might as well go lorong 39 one :biggrin: but the lor 27A beancurd you tiao da wang is even softer but very expensive selling at $1.60 a bowl..

redname

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would recommend Bak Kut Teh at Lor 21A (moved from lor 13). I have support this store many many years, the best Klang Bak Kut Teh I had tried in Singapore. :wink:

yap, i 2nd ur recommendation. been there ever since my fren recommend me this, nowadays i go more often than him. the auntie c my face already know wat i wanna order, dnt need to tell her :P

activez

Personally, I love the 2 food stalls located in 2 different coffee shops along Lor 35...They are the duck rice (forget its actual name) and the scissor curry rice which is just opp the duck rice...

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah... good list... thanks bro.... make me want to go back sgp and savour the good food thare... in china... there is another set of good food... shall post later...

beng

Bika

Alfrescian
Loyal
my list of nice food at geylang...(according to my taste)

1) Bak Chor Mee (Aljunied Road [near Lor 23])
2) New Generation Carrot Cake (Lor 25A)
3) Braised Duck (Lor 25)
4) Fishhead Steamboat / Soup (Lor 20)
5) TeoChew Porridge (Lor 40)
6) Thai Food, minced pork rice (Lor 8 near Gullemard Road)
7) Ban Mian (Lor 9 opp the famous beef kway teow which i think its ok niah)
8) Frog Leg porridge (Lor 1)
9) Durians (i always patronise the one at lor 19)
10) Claypot rice (Lor 33)

there is my top 10 list, not in any order one hor..hahaha...:wink: