• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Coast Plan unveiled

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanked ExxonMobil for taking a leadership role. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

4 d ·
New solutions to produce sustainable aviation fuel, alternative construction materials, and low-carbon hydrogen are promising areas for meeting the world’s Net Zero commitments. These are focus areas for the new Corporate Lab by ExxonMobil, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, and Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) which I was glad to launch yesterday.
Some of these technologies have been proven in the lab. The challenge is scaling them up for commercial deployment in the region and beyond. Corporate labs provide a good platform to bring together the public and private sectors to collaborate on this.
I thanked ExxonMobil for taking a leadership role. It was a founding member of the Singapore Energy Consortium (SEC), which was jointly established by NTU and National University of Singapore in 2018 to address future energy challenges in Singapore and the region. This corporate lab takes the partnership between Singapore and ExxonMobil to the next level.
Congratulations once again to NTU, A*STAR and ExxonMobil!

jw5

Loyal
HSK had a fun day out with residents. :tongue:

Heng Swee Keat

3 d ·
Had a fun day out with residents celebrating the 10th anniversary of ActiveSG at the ActiveSG Circle Sports Fiesta at HeartbeatBedok today!
Exercise and keeping active can boost both our physical and mental health. Wonderful to see families coming together to actively participate in the various sports activities and the energetic dance fitness extravaganza.
For a decade now, ActiveSG has been spearheading our national movement to encourage all Singaporeans to stay active and healthy, through affordable access to a diverse range of sports facilities and programmes across the island. Beyond health and fitness, ActiveSG has also helped to foster stronger family bonds through sports.
I encourage everyone to sign up for an ActiveSG Circle programme in your community to keep fit, stay healthy, and have fun together! Check out their Page for more details!
1f3c0.png
1f6b4.png

#ActiveSG
#ActiveSG10
#VibrantEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanks the East Coast GRC Indian Activity Executive Committee (IAEC) for bringing the community together. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat is at Bedok Community Centre.​

2 d ·
Joined Bedok residents for a vibrant celebration of Chithirai Thiruvizha, or Chithirai Festival, over the weekend!
Chithirai is the first month of the Tamil solar calendar and marks the start of the new year. Happy to see residents from different races and cultures enjoying themselves throughout the evening with delicious food and lively performances.
My thanks to the East Coast GRC Indian Activity Executive Committee (IAEC) for bringing the community together. Wishing all our Tamil friends prosperity and good health for the year ahead!
#CaringEastCoast
#VibrantEastCoast
We Love Bedok
East Coast Buzz

jw5

Loyal
HSK visited some Bedok residents. :cool:

Heng Swee Keat

1 d ·
Visited some Bedok residents who are getting their flats upgraded through HDB’s Home Improvement Programme (HIP), over the weekend.
Many are seniors who have lived in Bedok for years, and appreciated enhancements like slip-resistant floor tiles and fire alarm devices. These will make their homes safer and provide more peace of mind. Thanks to the air-conditioned rest areas at the void deck during the upgrading, residents told me that they have formed new friendships through the HIP!
Thank you to colleagues from Housing & Development Board for your support, and to residents for the useful suggestions. I wish everyone a smooth HIP!
We Love Bedok
East Coast Buzz

jw5

Loyal
HSK wishes everyone Happy May Day! :tongue:

Heng Swee Keat

5 h ·
Happy May Day!
This is PM Lee Hsien Loong’s last May Day as Prime Minister of Singapore. As he reflected on his 40 years in politics, PM said that “Singapore’s dramatic progress would have been impossible without tripartism”.
Indeed, it is the harmonious and collaborative partnership between the Labour Movement, employers, and Government that has set Singapore apart from other countries and enabled us to thrive and prosper. Through tripartism, we weathered crises with resilience and solidarity, and bounced back with verve and energy to ride new waves. We could take a proactive approach to transforming the economy and preparing for the future, because workers and employers have confidence in, and share a commitment towards building a better Singapore for all Singaporeans.
This is how we have built trust and a strong social compact across successive generations. As we stand on the cusp of a leadership transition, our commitment to tripartism remains unwavering, and NTUC Singapore continues to build new partnerships and reach out to new segments of workers. This will be an important anchor as we navigate a more uncertain world, to create new opportunities and improve the lives of our workers.
My thanks to our brothers and sisters in the Labour Movement for your dedication and commitment. Together with our workers and partners, we will ensure inclusive growth that creates opportunities for all!
Watch the full Rally and more: www.ntuc.org.sg/rally2024

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanks the Bedok Women’s Executive Committee (WEC) and SCDT for bringing the community together. :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat

1 d ·
We’re better when we’re dancing together!
Dance is both a beautiful expression of our cultures, and a fun way to keep fit with friends.
Our residents enjoyed graceful dance performances by the young dancers from Singapore Chinese Dance Theatre 新加坡华族舞蹈剧场(SCDT) at its Chinese Dance Fiesta 2024. The Fiesta is part of SCDT’s 10th anniversary celebrations, and there will be events and performances at various locations, including at the Esplanade until this Sunday, 5 May. Find out more here: https://www.scdt.com.sg/season.../chinese-dance-fiesta-2024
Also joined our Bedok ladies (and a few men!) at a Bollyfitness class last weekend. It was a high-energy dance workout with lively Bollywood music, and a great way to stay active with fellow exercise kakis.
Many thanks to the Bedok Women’s Executive Committee (WEC) and SCDT for bringing the community together through the joy of dance!
#VibrantEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK had a good chat. :cool:

Heng Swee Keat

3 d ·
Had a good chat with residents at Our Residents’ Hub at 新加坡福建会馆 Singapore Hokkien Huay Kuan, last weekend.
Many were looking forward to the new Thomson-East Coast Line (TEL) MRT stations that will open in less than two months! From Tanjong Rhu to Bayshore, the 7 new stations on TEL Stage 4 will shorten the commuting time for residents. Some of them told me that they will switch to taking the train for their daily commutes – a wonderful way to go green!
My thanks to the team from Land Transport Authority – We Keep Your World Moving for sharing on the new stations; and to SATA CommHealth who shared about Advance Care Planning.
Always energised to see our residents come together to learn and bond in our #CaringEastCoast, #VibrantEast.
We Love Bedok
East Coast Buzz

jw5

Loyal
HSK looks forward to precision medicine research unlocking better health and health outcomes in Singapore and the region! :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat

2 d ·
Want to know your health better while contributing to healthcare research? Come participate in the Health for Life in Singapore - HELIOS study!
HELIOS, which is part of our National Precision Medicine Programme’s PRECISE-100K project, is a landmark comprehensive population health study of Singaporeans over a few decades to identify social, environmental, lifestyle and genetic factors associated with diseases prevalent in Singapore, such as diabetes, hypertension, and cancer.
Participants undergo blood tests, X-rays and scans, and fill in various questionnaires to help researchers better understand Asian-specific health conditions. Some participants shared with me that they were motivated to participate because they had benefitted from genetic screening and treatment for their hereditary conditions. Through contributing their data, they hoped that there could be better detection and treatment for others.
This is indeed the goal of our National Precision Medicine Programme. We hope to establish a comprehensive Asian genomic database, and pave the way for the development of tailored treatments that can be scaled to improve health outcomes for the broader population.
Glad to hear that HELIOS is progressing well and there has been a steady rate of participants. You can find out more on how to participate here: https://www.healthforlife.sg/
I look forward to precision medicine research unlocking better health and health outcomes in Singapore and the region!

jw5

Loyal
HSK gives a Big Thank You. :biggrin:

Heng Swee Keat

1 d ·
Had a wonderful Hari Raya Celebration with over 200 East Coast residents yesterday!
1f319.png
✨

From enchanting performances to traditional games like chong kak and five stones, it was a good opportunity for our community to celebrate together and bond over fun activities. Especially delighted to hear about our residents’ heartwarming Raya celebrations with friends and loved ones over the past few weeks.
A big thank you to our East Coast GRC Malay Activity Executive Committees and volunteers for bringing everyone together to partake in the joyful blessings of the Raya season as a community!
#VibrantEastCoast
#CaringEastCoast
East Coast Buzz
We Love Bedok

jw5

Loyal
HSK congratulates Yatiman. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

1 d ·
When I first entered politics in 2011, I benefited greatly from the advice of Mr Yatiman Yusof who was a longstanding MP for Tampines GRC. Over close to 60 years, he has contributed to Singapore in different ways and touched many lives – as a teacher, journalist, parliamentarian and in public office.
Delighted to join Yatiman to launch “A Trail of Sparks”, a compendium of Malay poems capturing his thoughts on family and community, reflections about Singapore, and observations from travels around the world.
Throughout, Yatiman emphasises our common humanity and urges readers to cherish the threads and ties that bind us. I am glad that each poem is also accompanied by an English translation, allowing a wider audience to appreciate his perspectives, and enriching our unique brand of multiculturalism.
Heartiest congratulations to Yatiman on the launch of this new book! I hope that reading these poems sparks inspiration among others, including younger Singaporeans, to forge your own meaningful and impactful trails in life.

jw5

Loyal
HSK congratulates students. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat is at National Gallery Singapore.​

2 d · Singapore ·
Congratulations to the 299 primary, secondary and tertiary students who received the Bedok Education Awards 2024 over the weekend!
This year, we held our ceremony at the National Gallery Singapore. This gave our students and their families the opportunity to explore the world’s largest collection of Singaporean and Southeast Asian modern art, as well as the excellent programmes for children. Glad to see everyone in high spirits and enjoying themselves exploring the gallery. I hope that our students will always remain curious and find joy in learning.
My thanks to our Bedok grassroots leaders, community interns and volunteers for organising this ceremony. I encourage more of our residents to take part in our Bedok events — it is a good way for our youths and children to interact with their peers!
#VibrantEastCoast
#CaringEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK dived into an exciting range of activities. :barefoot::ninja::biggrin:

Heng Swee Keat

1 d ·
Dived into an exciting range of activities with some 200 East Coast residents to commemorate Navy Day at the Singapore Navy Museum
⚓
!
Our veterans shared tales from the early days of the Republic of Singapore Navy(RSN), while residents learnt about the rich history of the RSN through the stories behind the many military memorabilia on display. It was a wonderful exploration of the RSN's transformation from a volunteer force of just two wooden ships, to a flourishing naval force with a wide range of capabilities and assets.
Glad to see residents young and old enjoying the exhibits and activities. I highly encourage you to visit the museum in our #VibrantEastCoast and “sea” for yourself! Find out more at: https://navymuseum.defencecollectivesg.com/

jw5

Loyal
HSK gives his heartiest congratulations. :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat

3 d ·
Heartiest congratulations to all our Polytechnic graduands on achieving a milestone in your education journey!
1f393.png

Joined graduands of Singapore Polytechnic’s Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering (DEEE) and their families at their graduation ceremony yesterday. SP is Singapore’s first polytechnic, founded 70 years ago to train skilled workers at scale to support Singapore’s industrialisation. Today, SP and our other polytechnics work closely with industry partners and offer hands-on learning to equip students and workers with industry-ready skills, not just for pre-employment training (PET), but also continuing education and training (CET).
With today’s accelerated pace of technological innovation disrupting jobs and workplaces more frequently than before, I urged graduands to adopt a growth mindset and learn continuously throughout life, to keep pace and be equipped to seize new opportunities. With the SkillsFuture SG Level-Up Programme providing a substantial SkillsFuture Credit top-up of $4,000 when Singaporeans turn 40, I hope to see more Singaporeans utilise these provisions to take charge of their development and build meaningful careers. You can find out more at https://www.skillsfuture.gov.sg/.

jw5

Loyal
HSK is glad that PM Lee will stay on in the Cabinet as Senior Minister. :rolleyes::sneaky::roflmao:

Heng Swee Keat

1 d ·
A photo to commemorate the last Cabinet meeting chaired by PM Lee Hsien Loong, before he hands over the baton to DPM Lawrence Wong next week.
I am glad that PM Lee will stay on in the Cabinet as Senior Minister to contribute his wisdom and experience, as we work hard to build an even better future for Singaporeans!

jw5

Loyal
HSK spent a delightful morning. :redface::x3::inlove:

Heng Swee Keat is at Blk 16 Bedok South market n hawker centre.​

2 d · Singapore ·
Happy Mother’s Day!
1f490.png

Spent a delightful morning giving out carnations and cards at the Blk 16 market yesterday.
The cards were hand-drawn by our talented young Bedok resident Titus! His artwork is a beautiful tribute to his mother for her selfless love and care for him and his siblings.
Indeed mothers are often their kids’ biggest cheerleaders, supporting them with unconditional love and lifting them to greater heights. Thank you to the wonderful women in our lives!
#CaringEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK is grateful to PM Lee. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

2 d ·
PM Lee Hsien Loong will be handing over the leadership baton in a few days.
In a recent interview with CNA, I recounted my experience working with PM Lee, and how he has strengthened Singapore’s resilience, adaptability and unity, as well as our international standing and credibility on the global stage. These position Singapore well for the future, especially with today’s more challenging economic and geopolitical environment.
My heartfelt gratitude to PM for his leadership and stewardship over the past two decades!
1f1f8_1f1ec.png

(PMO Video by Neo Shi Jie)

jw5

Loyal
HSK says a big thank you. :notworthy:

Heng Swee Keat

1 d ·
Batik and Bollywood dance came together beautifully at our “Groom, Glow, and Grow” event.
Engaging workshops from the art of soap-making to learning the intricate techniques of batik styling added an extra sparkle as we celebrated Mother’s Day over the weekend.
Mothers toil selflessly for their families throughout the year, and such events give them “me-time” for learning and discovery, and to recharge their bodies and minds.
Let's continue to support one another and look after our collective well-being through self-care and group activities like dance and creative workshops.
A big thank you to our Bedok Women's Executive Committee for caring for the community!
#CaringBedok
#VibrantBedok

jw5

Loyal
HSK is happy. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

23 h ·
PM-Designate Lawrence Wong announced his new Cabinet line-up this afternoon.
When Lawrence asked me to continue in my capacity as Deputy Prime Minister, I readily agreed. It is a privilege to continue serving, and I will do my best to support him and the new Cabinet.
I am happy that Gan Kim Yong has been appointed DPM. We know each other well and have worked very closely together. I am always appreciative of Kim Yong’s sound advice and steady wisdom. I look forward to working closely with Kim Yong to support Lawrence in implementing the Forward Singapore agenda, and to mentor our younger colleagues in Cabinet.
The Cabinet will also be strengthened with the appointment of Murali Pillai and Shawn Huang Wei Zhong 黄伟中 as office holders. They have been doing excellent work over the past few years, and will bring new perspectives to the team.
I hope Singaporeans will give us your fullest support as we forge ahead to create a brighter future for all.
You can read the full PMO press statement here: https://www.pmo.gov.sg/.../Changes-to-Cabinet-and-Other...
(MCI Photo by Fyrol)
May be an image of 6 people and text

jw5

Loyal
HSK encourages his residents to visit the exhibition. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat is with Cheryl Chan 陈慧玲 in Bedok Town Square.​

4 d ·
East Coast residents, come contribute your ideas at the Urban Redevelopment Authority’s Recreation Master Plan roving exhibition!
This exhibition showcases the diverse range of recreational options and upcoming projects that East Coast residents can look forward to, and invites feedback on how to make our neighbourhoods more vibrant and inclusive. Our little ones will also enjoy the many interactive features at the exhibition!
I encourage our residents to visit the exhibition, which is at Bedok Town Square until 19 May, and share your ideas with URA. Together we can shape the Recreation Master Plan and build a #VibrantEastCoast!
More at go.gov.sg/Recreation.
#DMP2025
#SpaceForOurDreams