• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Alan Chin takes the cake for this comment!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats the part that I found really odd. The majority of the membership has lost confidence in them and they are still thinking about it. I am sure none of them have served in any form of civic society or even a group. Josie has absolutely no leadership quality.

Even their own paid counsel made it clear that its the courteous thing to do.

The fact that they needed 30+ minutes to decide to "graciously" resign shows that they never even considered the possibility of losing the EGM. What audacity!

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are right. Josie and her pals expected to win. They know they would survive the non confidence vote because they were privy to the number of new members that supported them. It was revealed that Aware has now 3000 members, but there were only about 2100 votes in the end. Had the remaining 900 showed up (and I believe most of them would have supported Josie), the no confidence vote motion would have been defeated.

Of course, it begs the question why didn't these people turn up? My honest optimistic reply would be that these people actually sat and thought about it and decided it is morally wrong to support Josie and sully religion with secular affairs.
Actually, there are the associate members - the male members and the non-sg members. Locke was there. Was this a big group?

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats the part that I found really odd. The majority of the membership has lost confidence in them and they are still thinking about it. I am sure none of them have served in any form of civic society or even a group. Josie has absolutely no leadership quality.

i tot she's a VP of a bank?

u haven't given her a chance how can she prove it?

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, there are the associate members - the male members and the non-sg members. Locke was there. Was this a big group?

Not sure. From where I stood, it didn't seem more than 80 men in there. Even less non-Singapore members as far as I can guess.

dan99

You probably don't like her face because ST did not allow you to. From Day 1, they published the worst possible pictures of her to make her come across as grumpy and ungracious. She of course then did everything to confirm that impression but make no mistake about it - ST had a very clear agenda to destroy her.

Incidentally, I have no sympathy for COOS and their ilk but will always remind myself that the PAPzis and Presstapo are always trying to brainwash me.

Huh? ST so powerful can make someone's face look grumpy? Furthermore, she looks very grumpy and ungracious in the videos as well.

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal

Simple explanation my friend, they are seated on the stage and their Feminist Mentor Thioliban is seated in the audience. They have to await the instructions from mothership before making any decisions.

And as reported, by the New Paper (not the bastion of truth, I understand- but there's no reason for them to make this up); Thioliban led Josie and her pussycats somewhere to contemplate.

I suspect they squeezed in some time for a group prayer too.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, they can. They would take hundreds of pictures of a person and pick the best (if the subject is in favour) and the worst (if they are not). Notice how CSJ always managed to look stupid in ST?

In fact their choice of picture is a clear indicator of whether someone is in favour or not. I remembered one morning back in late 1985 when the ST published the picture of a sickly and fearful looking Ferdinand Marcos. This was after years of publishing photos which were probably supplied by Marcos press secretary. True enough, less than a month later, our govt joined international voices calling for him to quit.

I did say Josie went on confirm every bad image they had of her, and some of that came out in the videos.

Huh? ST so powerful can make someone's face look grumpy? Furthermore, she looks very grumpy and ungracious in the videos as well.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
according to TNP it was near a rubbish dump and they were "dump struck":biggrin:
And as reported, by the New Paper (not the bastion of truth, I understand- but there's no reason for them to make this up); Thioliban led Josie and her pussycats somewhere to contemplate.

I suspect they squeezed in some time for a group prayer too.