• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Alan Chin takes the cake for this comment!

NissanViP

Alfrescian
Loyal
Peter denied Jesus thrice...

Judas betrayed Jesus...

So what's new?

Did the Jesus ever backstab or con these what "Peter" and "Judas before?:rolleyes:

Frankly, those girls always meet "Jesus" in the church most of them very chio, I like Jesus girls alot. :biggrin:

I want to learn how to attract more chio-girls like the way Jesus do.:biggrin:

Got lobang pls share hor... :biggrin:

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Just ask durai's friends a very simple question...who initially got the ball rolling that inevitably led to durai's own downfall?...answer: durai himself when he of his own accord commenced the civil defamation lawsuit against ST"

It was one of the first things I asked!
Durai's close circle (very nice people ordinarily) all inhabit the same parallel universe. They only see a man persecuted because he was too successful! Everything else were just "honest mistakes".

"as for josie, i think sumiko tan has got the handle on her character to a tee, in her interesting interview with josie in sunday times 3/5"

I feel sorry for her, not least because I've been very harsh with my criticism
She really is a simple naive woman who probably does have good intentions. The sly characters stayed well out of the firing line
Maybe one day I'll run into her at one of those banking soirees (I'll be sweet)

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are right. Josie and her pals expected to win. They know they would survive the non confidence vote because they were privy to the number of new members that supported them. It was revealed that Aware has now 3000 members, but there were only about 2100 votes in the end. Had the remaining 900 showed up (and I believe most of them would have supported Josie), the no confidence vote motion would have been defeated.

Of course, it begs the question why didn't these people turn up? My honest optimistic reply would be that these people actually sat and thought about it and decided it is morally wrong to support Josie and sully religion with secular affairs.

Here is what I heard. Ever since the AWARE takeover, their fellowship have been praying for the strength to see things through etc. I'm told that they did manage to rally very good support thru the network of churches. I suspect that's why they chose not to engage the old guard in a war of words thru the media. A mistake by the way!

They knew they had the numbers (same tactic as the AGM) and were confident of victory. Thio Su Mien was especially smug at the EGM. Things started to unravel because some people started to have a belated crisis of conscience triggered largely by the NCCS intervention plus all the negative media attention. It was beginning to look very uncool to be a "new aware" supporter.

If they had been more experienced activists, they would have plugged the pro homosexual label much harder and stayed on message. It could easily have gone the other way, bearing in my mind how conservative the average Singaporean really is.

That's my take on what happened

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact that they needed 30+ minutes to decide to "graciously" resign shows that they never even considered the possibility of losing the EGM. What audacity!

I think they were in shock and needed reaction time
My sources tell me that body language was a dead giveaway
Thio Su Mien was confident to the end
Some members of the Ex Co could see the tide turning as the meeting progressed

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
makes you wonder what is the value of such a title, eh?

Looks good on the name card
the more simple minded clients get very impressed at service by a VP!
The more experienced ones say "Cut the crap and get to the chase..."
the real pecking order in a bank is your budget ie. share of capital

jw5

Loyal
Well Thio Su Mien left some parting words for us as she retreats to her parallel universe:

"If they are happy for Singapore to be like this, then so be it."

The New Paper
Monday 4 May 2009
She should go and have tea with lky.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did the Jesus ever backstab or con these what "Peter" and "Judas before?:rolleyes:

Frankly, those girls always meet "Jesus" in the church most of them very chio, I like Jesus girls alot. :biggrin:

Got lobang pls share hor... :biggrin:

why have u gone to the dark side?

image.php

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
you know the more i read, talk to people and think about this saga...the more i pity Josie...she appears to be have been a naive gullible dilettante pawn/puppet in this insidious and sinister caper...prime puppet masters seems to be Dr Thio; hubby Alan; Pastor Hong; and maybe even Maureen Ong...

I feel sorry for her, not least because I've been very harsh with my criticism
She really is a simple naive woman who probably does have good intentions. The sly characters stayed well out of the firing line
Maybe one day I'll run into her at one of those banking soirees (I'll be sweet)

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
the 'invisible hand of the government' would not have allowed it:wink:

If they had been more experienced activists, they would have plugged the pro homosexual label much harder and stayed on message. It could easily have gone the other way, bearing in my mind how conservative the average Singaporean really is.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Got lobang pls share hor... :biggrin:[/QUOT

bro..you want to attract more chiobu then keep your hair long like jesus lor ...sure dam cool . now the in look is " wild " . now tokyo fashion runway show very popular with this kind of "junkie look " .:wink: .

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
you know the more i read, talk to people and think about this saga...the more i pity Josie...she appears to be have been a naive gullible dilettante pawn/puppet in this insidious and sinister caper...prime puppet masters seems to be Dr Thio; hubby Alan; Pastor Hong; and maybe even Maureen Ong...

Yes, she appears to have been one of the least bitchy on that ex co. Probably a nice enough tai tai wannabe with good intentions but no experience and not too smart. I was told that she looks a lot better in person than the media photos suggested. Have to agree with the "Nice Legs" comment.

Last edited:

londontrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
the 'invisible hand of the government' would not have allowed it:wink:

Actually, I think the PAP would be OK with an anti-homo approach that makes no mention of (or association with) religion. It has to be tastefully done ie. no suggestions of violent homo bashing etc. The average PAP voter is typically conservative (religious or otherwise), so such a stance would play into the PAP demographic quite nicely. I think it is quite clear that they were pissed off by the religious militancy with shades of political ambitions.