• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Alan Chin takes the cake for this comment!

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Alan Chin: “Please be rational, although $90,000 is spent, but we have recouped it by the new membership fees of $120,000.”

What kind of cow logic is this? Ppl are questioning where the money is spend on and not how much they earn!

Can a company tell its shareholders that there is nothing wrong and they do not have to answer for how the spend $900k since they earn $1.2 million?

Can a wife tell the husband that there is nothing wrong and she does not need to tell him where she shop and what she buy since she only spend $900 and he made $1200 a month?

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think Suntec donated the space
I don't think the security they hired did the work for free
They also got some fancy lawyers and auditors
all very expensive

so they spend 90K to vote themselves out?

is there a justification for the spending such money?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good analogies bro.

I thought I first misread it. I then had confirmation. He would have been laughed at even he engaged in this kind of logic during his secondary school days.

What kind of cow logic is this? Ppl are questioning where the money is spend on and not how much they earn!

Can a company tell its shareholders that there is nothing wrong and they do not have to answer for how the spend $900k since they earn $1.2 million?

Can a wife tell the husband that there is nothing wrong and she does not need to tell him where she shop and what she buy since she only spend $900 and he made $1200 a month?

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I have contradicted myself?

I said that Josie expected to win so they have no problems spending 90K
point out the contradiction pray tell!

I think you are right. Josie and her pals expected to win. They know they would survive the non confidence vote because they were privy to the number of new members that supported them. It was revealed that Aware has now 3000 members, but there were only about 2100 votes in the end. Had the remaining 900 showed up (and I believe most of them would have supported Josie), the no confidence vote motion would have been defeated.

Of course, it begs the question why didn't these people turn up? My honest optimistic reply would be that these people actually sat and thought about it and decided it is morally wrong to support Josie and sully religion with secular affairs.

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
how do u know? u know Josie well?

are u on the inside?

u are just speculating...
The fact that they needed 30+ minutes to decide to "graciously" resign shows that they never even considered the possibility of losing the EGM. What audacity!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr Alan Chin: “Please be rational, although $90,000 is spent, but we have recouped it by the new membership fees of $120,000.”

He wanted to sound like TEO HO PIN, I lose millions but my investment interest is enough to cover the lose. Alan Chin is the worse, people put in 120K and he lose 90K and still gloat on it. This kind of fundamentalist christian will made the worse of politics.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just ask durai's friends a very simple question...who initially got the ball rolling that inevitably led to durai's own downfall?...answer: durai himself when he of his own accord commenced the civil defamation lawsuit against ST

as for josie, i think sumiko tan has got the handle on her character to a tee, in her interesting interview with josie in sunday times 3/5

"...the 48 year old possess the beatific calm of someone who is convinced she is right and that she is doing the right thing..."
and this is what josie told sumiko

"I am Josie lau, just an ordinary mum and wife. I am not a corporate raider who is out to hijack Aware for a personal anti-gay agenda, as I seem to be potrayed..." However she then also went on to say "I joined Aware because I'd heard about their programmes which seem to promote, or at least legitimise as mainstream and neutral, a gay-lifestyle choice to girls...naturally, as a parent of two teenage girls, I'm concerned with what the kids are being taught in school...I believe most parents share my sentiments...so by being involved, I can do my bit for the community..."

Personally i have now pity josie somewhat as i now see her as a misguided naive foolish pawn 'controlled' by Dr Thio and probably also directly indirectly or otherwise by hubby alan and spiritual adviser forked tongue pastor hong.
Dear Scroobal,

I know some one who is close to Durai. Till date, he and his close circle of friends feel that he did nothing wrong. He sees himself as a victim hung out to dry by the establishment (they needed a fall guy).

My sister was there on sat (EOGM) and she didn't notice a single trace of remorse on the part of Josie & Co. They firmly believe that their cause and actions were just. There really is a parallel universe populated by them and the likes of Thio Su Mien!

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
you left out her best quip..."i don't know what is becoming of women in singapore today"...she was "dump struck":biggrin::p
Well Thio Su Mien left some parting words for us as she retreats to her parallel universe:

"If they are happy for Singapore to be like this, then so be it."

The New Paper
Monday 4 May 2009

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course, it begs the question why didn't these people turn up? My honest optimistic reply would be that these people actually sat and thought about it and decided it is morally wrong to support Josie and sully religion with secular affairs.

tsk tsk tsk!

we are being self-righteous again, aren't we?

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is perhaps one of the more intriguing questions...because i had a chat with someone very close to the old guard the day before the eogm and at that time they still thought they did not have the numbers...ST 4/5 has provided a plausible answer to some extent...i.e. NCCS statement influenced some christian supporters of josie not to turn up in the end...perhaps that is why peggy leong one of the new exco failed to turn up herself?

I think you are right. Josie and her pals expected to win. They know they would survive the non confidence vote because they were privy to the number of new members that supported them. It was revealed that Aware has now 3000 members, but there were only about 2100 votes in the end. Had the remaining 900 showed up (and I believe most of them would have supported Josie), the no confidence vote motion would have been defeated.