• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[COVID-19 Virus] The Sinkies are fucked Thread.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should stop reporting numbers. But then they will be seen as hiding something and galvanise the conspiracy theories.
when hospitalization number is low and icu cases is in single digits, they don’t need to “alarm” the pubic with positivity rate (which they are doing) because the (constant changing) purpose today for (high rate of) vaccination is to reduce hospitalization and icu caseloads. sinkie conspiracy terrorists, oops theorists, can claim all they want but they can’t do jackshit in policy and governance matters. the ruling party holds that power. there are thousands of conspiracies old and new being spewed on the internet per minute. wtf is the sg gov to do? try to produce all kinds of numbers to quell and counter all of them? you must be out of your freaking mind. why doesn’t the gov produce numbers and data that prove that homes previously occupied by deceased persons from crime, tragedy or accidents are never haunted based on science and can be peacefully and happily occupied? there are still superstitions and conspiracies among sinkies that a home with death is bad luck for a buyer. and old folks have been ushered by either themselves or their beneficiaries to old folks’ home or somewhere else to die (in order to preserve the high values of their homes). surely this is rampant practice based on falsehoods, and it affects all sinkies looking to buy a home. why doesn’t gov publicise data countering this conspiracy, unfounded superstition, and ungrounded falsehood. your argument is vacuous.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
why doesn’t gov publicise data countering this conspiracy, unfounded superstition, and ungrounded falsehood.
They do but it's lost on those who will always counter the data with their own "expertise". Unless you run a gahment, you will never know the problems with educating some really dumb people. It's always easier outside looking in ain't it?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They do but it's lost on those who will always counter the data with their own "expertise". Unless you run a gahment, you will never know the problems with educating some really dumb people. It's always easier outside looking in ain't it?
when i was working in the (sg) gov, we didn’t need to produce data on a daily basis to counter conspiracist theorists. what kind of stupid practice are you proposing? it’s only right now with this event that (an authoritarian) sg gov has taken the liberal extreme to publicize data ad nauseam on a daily basis that not only invites more conspiracies but also fatigue the public. why shoot your own foot when nobody is asking you to pull the trigger? sinkies and others following the comedy in sg are tired of the daily reports and laughing so hard too. i don’t think you know what you’re talking about.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
when i was working in the (sg) gov, we didn’t need to produce data on a daily basis to counter conspiracist theorists. what kind of stupid practice are you proposing? it’s only right now with this event that (an authoritarian) sg gov has taken the liberal extreme to publicize data ad nauseam on a daily basis that not only invites more conspiracies but also fatigue the public. why shoot your own foot when nobody is asking you to pull the trigger? sinkies and others following the comedy in sg are tired of the daily reports and laughing so hard too. i don’t think you know what you’re talking about.
Chill lah bro... :biggrin:

All I'm saying is whatever the garment of the day is doing, they'll always be viewed with suspicion by the few. So their stance seems to be it is better to be open about the data and numbers.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chill lah bro... :biggrin:

All I'm saying is whatever the garment of the day is doing, they'll always be viewed with suspicion by the few. So their stance seems to be it is better to be open about the data and numbers.
for crying out loud it’s only a farking and barking few. FEW - in fact a very small minority - don’t you know how to spell it? why spend so much resources and (waste of) time countering the lunatic fringe? that has been the modus operandi of the sg gov the last 50 odd years. why now must budge, bend backwards, and go bat shit crazy about countering conspiracy theorists? that’s why i doubt you really know how the sg gov was run the past 50 odd years. btw, the data presented suggests that the sg gov can open up the cuntry and doesn’t have to over react or even respond to the few.

pvtpublic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really don't know what to make of this pandemic anymore. here in Sg, it feels more a media event than a real threat. however, ask any of our friends in Asean and they will tell you they know someone who has died of Covid.

the daily stats reported in Sg is desensitizing us from the severity of the virus. because here, almost no one knows anybody who has died from Covid. much higher chance that we know someone who has died from suicide or road accidents. so what if they are 10,000 or 100,000 infections, "no one I know has died from it" as we think to ourselves. how serious can this flu be?

it seems the daily reporting of numbers is more for the government to convince themselves and the people it's safe to open up the borders again but it's backfiring against them. data driven decisions don't work when there are too many unknown variables. flipping a coin would be better.

suicides take more lives in Singapore than Covid ever will. but no one talks about the suicide pandemic here.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really don't know what to make of this pandemic anymore. here in Sg, it feels more a media event than a real threat. however, ask any of our friends in Asean and they will tell you they know someone who has died of Covid.

the daily stats reported in Sg is desensitizing us from the severity of the virus. because here, almost no one knows anybody who has died from Covid. much higher chance that we know someone who has died from suicide or road accidents. so what if they are 10,000 or 100,000 infections, "no one I know has died from it" as we think to ourselves. how serious can this flu be?

it seems the daily reporting of numbers is more for the government to convince themselves and the people it's safe to open up the borders again but it's backfiring against them. data driven decisions don't work when there are too many unknown variables. flipping a coin would be better.

suicides take more lives in Singapore than Covid ever will. but no one talks about the suicide pandemic here.
My uncle got 2 acquaintance leecentlee just died of covid 1 in 30s 1 50s without much health issues KNN my uncle think what you have said is becas sg population is small compared to those Asean cuntry and sg infectious rate if we minus the 90% dormitory cases of which most are young the lumber is still a small lumber but if we follow the endemic approach my uncle expect sinkies to drop dead 1by1 over time including my uncle.

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal

241 new COVID cases in Singapore, including 110 unlinked​

Staff Writer, SingaporeMon, September 6, 2021, 5:39 PM
Photo enthusiasts take a picture of a white-throated kingfisher on September 4, 2021 in Singapore. (Photo by Suhaimi Abdullah/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

Photo enthusiasts take a picture of a white-throated kingfisher on 4 September, 2021 in Singapore. (PHOTO: NurPhoto via Getty Images)

SINGAPORE — The Ministry of Health (MOH) on Monday (6 September) confirmed 241 new COVID-19 cases in Singapore, taking the country's total case count to 68,901.

Of them, 235 are locally transmitted, including 110 unlinked infections. Among the cases are six patients above the age of 70 who are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, and are at risk of serious illness, said the MOH.

Six cases are imported, of whom four were detected upon their arrival here while one developed symptoms during their stay-home notice or isolation period.

This story will be updated later.

24 require oxygen supplementation; 5 in ICU​

At least 66,600 cases in Singapore, or over 99 per cent of the overall total, have fully recovered from their infection and have been discharged from the hospital.

As of Sunday, 653 cases are currently warded, most of whom are well and under observation.

There are currently 24 cases of serious illness requiring oxygen supplementation and five in critical condition in the intensive care unit (ICU).

Of those who have fallen very ill, 22 are patients above the age of 60, of whom 11 are completely unvaccinated or partially vaccinated, said the MOH.

Apart from the 55 patients who have died from COVID-19 complications, 15 others who tested positive for the virus were determined to have died from unrelated causes, including three whose deaths were attributed to a heart attack and another four whose deaths were attributed to coronary heart disease.

Over the last 28 days, the percentage of unvaccinated who became severely ill or died is 6.7 per cent, while that for the fully vaccinated is 0.9 per cent, the ministry noted.

As of Saturday, about 8.78 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines have been administered under the national vaccination programme. Some 4.53 million have received at least one dose of the vaccine, with some 4.37 million having completed the full vaccination regimen.

Separately, 170,577 doses of other vaccines recognised in the World Health Organization’s Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL) have been administered as of Saturday, covering 86,080 individuals.

This means that 81 per cent of the population have completed their full regimen, or received two doses of COVID-19 vaccines, and 83 per cent have received at least one dose.
The sudden surge of cases recently, is there anything to do with the relaxing of rules to allow more CECA Indians come in? If yes, better to stop it, repatriation of those who cheat to come in

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is the new normal. the govt can't do anything more except get the vaccination rate to 90%+. but that wouldn't make much differences. SG is almost 90% vaccination rate now. Covid19 is here to stay for the time being.

Byebye Penis

Alfrescian
Loyal
We can give everyone 4 jabs,
We can jail those who don't practice social distancing,
We can impose restrictions on our retail & F&B,
We can make every working adult do ART testing every week
............................. but we will continue to be vulnerable if Singapore continues to open up to save Changi Airport & SIA.

It is like you may wear condoms when fucking your wife, but you still go find prostitutes.

NCID - Singapore cannot rely solely on vaccines

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...fight-covid-19-delta-variant-says-director-of

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal

Exactly what I've been telling the ignorant good folks here all along... but I've been called all kinds of names and ridiculed because this is a nest full of bad antivaxxer hombres.

The only way people can understand the situation is when they experience first hand what COVID can do. I've seen 2 friends die of COVID here in Bangkok, both unvaccinated. When Thailand was having low infection rates, everyone was hesitant about vaccines. When COVID death numbers rose, everyone was clamouring for vaccines and protesting in the streets to kick out a clearly inept gahment.

I guess in life, people have to learn from experience to appreciate things. I bet when any of the antivaxxers here or their loved ones get COVID and lying in a hospital gasping for air, they'll sing a different tune. Sadly, all the crazy conspiracies they read about on the Internet will not be there to save them by then...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Exactly what I've been telling the ignorant good folks here all along... but I've been called all kinds of names and ridiculed because this is a nest full of bad antivaxxer hombres.

The only way people can understand the situation is when they experience first hand what COVID can do. I've seen 2 friends die of COVID here in Bangkok, both unvaccinated. When Thailand was having low infection rates, everyone was hesitant about vaccines. When COVID death numbers rose, everyone was clamouring for vaccines and protesting in the streets to kick out a clearly inept gahment.

I guess in life, people have to learn from experience to appreciate things. I bet when any of the antivaxxers here or their loved ones get COVID and lying in a hospital gasping for air, they'll sing a different tune. Sadly, all the crazy conspiracies they read about on the Internet will not be there to save them by then...

I've had 2 friends die of Covid. However I've had a hellava lot more die from cancer, road accidents and I had a relative that drowned and one that committed suicide.

Covid is still the lesser of many evils.

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've had 2 friends die of Covid. However I've had a hellava lot more die from cancer, road accidents and I had a relative that drowned and one that committed suicide.

Covid is still the lesser of many evils.
Sure. The numbers for causes of other deaths are more, but I am talking about deaths from COVID here.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Sure. The numbers for causes of other deaths are more, but I am talking about deaths from COVID here.

We should just accept these deaths as part and parcel of life just as we do for deaths with cancer, road accidents and suicide.