• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Concerns of A Young Singaporean

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shd he return to Singapore to work or shd he migrate? Any thoughts/advice?

Now you asked the question of "should he return to Singapore to work" .. intead of juz "work".. work .. work.. where is the life and having fun ?

Gosh ! work work work.. is like a robot.. but we are all humans.. Please get him to return asap and show us the happy side.. :smile: SG is good.. have happiness responsibly, otherwise jail is coming ya way.. heehee

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
In US and UK..or many western democracies..the government isw called, aptly..the ADMINISTRATION..ie..chosen by the majority to administer the affair of the states..period.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think at his age, his set of concerns while legitimate are probably not too relevant. Perhaps he should concern himself with thinking of seeing as much of the world as possible while he's young. Look for internship opportunities during summer breaks, go on exchange, and if he's already in the final year, look for opportunities for work abroad. Someone at 23 should be enjoying the life of exploring the diversity this world has to offer, experiencing and embracing different cultures. Sadly, many young Sinkies remain Sinkiefied in their mindset to working and living overseas - for many it's still grad, get a stable job in SG, get married and then see out your entire life lin that manner. It's quite a waste considering what the world has to offer.

I agree with your points.

Life is too short and shd be enjoyed. Singaporeans are too stressed and up tight. We need to relax and enjoy more:smile:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In US and UK..or many western democracies..the government isw called, aptly..the ADMINISTRATION..ie..chosen by the majority to administer the affair of the states..period.

Yes...but in SG the PAP leaders think that they are Masters and Saviours of Singapoe. They wronly think that, without them, Singaporeans will suffer and Singapore will die

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now you asked the question of "should he return to Singapore to work" .. intead of juz "work".. work .. work.. where is the life and having fun ?

Gosh ! work work work.. is like a robot.. but we are all humans.. Please get him to return asap and show us the happy side.. :smile: SG is good.. have happiness responsibly, otherwise jail is coming ya way.. heehee

LOL...Look at the life of the average Singapore. Is that the kind of life we want for our children?

Asychee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you enjoy your stay in Brunei and Canada?

When i was a single, others said that life is boring in Brunei but i beg to differ - I love the outdoor, i took the Mitsub Pajero (4 WD) into the longhouse, I used it to tow my 1st boat from my house to the sea. I went Scuba diving as often as i like with my buddies. It was a good life & met the woman that became my wife.

In Canada, it is wifey + 4 in tow. The canadian government has been very kind. When i landed as i was considered low income - every month they gave out C$1300 as i have 4 kids + they even asked if i needed a place to put the kids for daycare so that i can look for a job. This touched me very much. The education is good, kids enjoy the fact that they are visible and everybody treated them as an individual. When they are talking over the internet with their cousins. You can tell the difference in the maturity in their conversation even thought there is a 2 weeks differences in their age.

As for ourselves, we gave up a S$400K annual combined income from our jobs and the stress of our 2 businesses. We realize that the kids would be our main priority, so we should focus on passive income rather than earned income.

We captured the opportunity and started buying rental properties for our own workers that we bring in. When the cashflow from the business and rental properties exceeded our expenses. I quit my job to run my own business till date, we have 6 rental properties and wifey does not need to work anymore. Everyday, I just maintain current business contact and end of the month collect the rent. Wifey and i use the time to educate our kids on more important aspect of life like values and being responsiblites and being fun to be with.

I will be applying for my CA citizenship next month. During the last year, i have help a few fellow samster who has attained their CA PR to settle down in Edmonton. Picking them up from the airport, getting their landing docs done and extending whatever help they needed. I never even charge them a single cent - this is my contribution back to sammyboy as i received a lot of pointers in my migration planing from SG to CA. This pointers has help me to avoid a lot of potential landmine.

As for those nay sayer that called my wife a pig - i apologise that you do not have 4 kids. I wish you well, 1 day when you realized there is a different world out here and you wished tat you should have taken the other blue pill instead of the red. Email me - i will treat you with graciousness and empathy that my parent brought me up. I only hope that i can tranfer these big legacy to my kids as well.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
When i was a single, others said that life is boring in Brunei but i beg to differ - I love the outdoor, i took the Mitsub Pajero (4 WD) into the longhouse, I used it to tow my 1st boat from my house to the sea. I went Scuba diving as often as i like with my buddies. It was a good life & met the woman that became my wife.

In Canada, it is wifey + 4 in tow. The canadian government has been very kind. When i landed as i was considered low income - every month they gave out C$1300 as i have 4 kids + they even asked if i needed a place to put the kids for daycare so that i can look for a job. This touched me very much. The education is good, kids enjoy the fact that they are visible and everybody treated them as an individual. When they are talking over the internet with their cousins. You can tell the difference in the maturity in their conversation even thought there is a 2 weeks differences in their age.

As for ourselves, we gave up a S$400K annual combined income from our jobs and the stress of our 2 businesses. We realize that the kids would be our main priority, so we should focus on passive income rather than earned income.

We captured the opportunity and started buying rental properties for our own workers that we bring in. When the cashflow from the business and rental properties exceeded our expenses. I quit my job to run my own business till date, we have 6 rental properties and wifey does not need to work anymore. Everyday, I just maintain current business contact and end of the month collect the rent. Wifey and i use the time to educate our kids on more important aspect of life like values and being responsiblites and being fun to be with.

I will be applying for my CA citizenship next month. During the last year, i have help a few fellow samster who has attained their CA PR to settle down in Edmonton. Picking them up from the airport, getting their landing docs done and extending whatever help they needed. I never even charge them a single cent - this is my contribution back to sammyboy as i received a lot of pointers in my migration planing from SG to CA. This pointers has help me to avoid a lot of potential landmine.

As for those nay sayer that called my wife a pig - i apologise that you do not have 4 kids. I wish you well, 1 day when you realized there is a different world out here and you wished tat you should have taken the other blue pill instead of the red. Email me - i will treat you with graciousness and empathy that my parent brought me up. I only hope that i can tranfer these big legacy to my kids as well.

ah neh bullshitting again..

yeah sure, u gave up 400k income to migrate to canada to live on state welfare. this type bullshit story only ah neh can write.

and yes, your wife breeds and look like a pig:oIo::oIo:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thank you for taking the time to pen down and share your experiences with me. I truly appreciate it. Yes, I always felt that there is more to life than work, work, work and material well being. The question I ask is: "what do i want for my children?" Do I want them to remain in SG and lead the kind of life here? The more I discuss, the more I am convinced. My bro is less certain but I will share with him my own feelings and leave it to him to make his own decision

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one study all thegreat dynasty in china..these dynasty eventually collapse when the ruler became very detached from the reality of the common people..
to quote, once therewere widespread famine in China..when the minister reported the dire situation to the emperor..the totally detached emperor said.' oh,, if the people has no porridge to eat..where dont they eat meat'...
All dynasty started when the common people all rose and support them to revolt and overthrow the exixting cruel and totally detached ruling elites.....but the cycle continue..and another dynasty will replace..the previous one..

HOWEVER..IN MODERM DAY COUNTRY .WE ONLY HAVE ELECTED ADMISTRATION,,NOT RULERS..

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If one study all thegreat dynasty in china..these dynasty eventually collapse when the ruler became very detached from the reality of the common people..
to quote, once therewere widespread famine in China..when the minister reported the dire situation to the emperor..the totally detached emperor said.' oh,, if the people has no porridge to eat..where dont they eat meat'...
All dynasty started when the common people all rose and support them to revolt and overthrow the exixting cruel and totally detached ruling elites.....but the cycle continue..and another dynasty will replace..the previous one..

HOWEVER..IN MODERM DAY COUNTRY .WE ONLY HAVE ELECTED ADMISTRATION,,NOT RULERS..

What u said is valid. If the ruler, be he an emperor or an elected administration, loses touch with the sufferings on the ground, it's a matter of time before he is disposed and gotten rid. The sooner the better

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
hE IS FEELING THE MULTIPLE IMPACT OF A SOCIO-POLITICAL RE-ENGINEERING HERE..THE HUGE INFLUX OF FOREIGNERS[1.2m]..IE 1 TO EVERY 3 LOCAL IS AN ASTRONOMICAL PROPORTION..THE MAHY IMPACT FELT BY THIS YOUNG MAN IS FULLY UNDERSTANDABLE..HE IS JUST VERY BEWILDERED ON WHY SUCH DRASTIC CHANGES AND MOSTLY[ HE FELT] NEGATIVE IMPACTS COULD HAPPEN SO SUDDENLY...

BUT THE REAL WARNING SIGN IS ,IF A YOUNG MAN OF THE AGE COULD BE COMPELLED TO FEEL LIKE THAT,,MEAN THEY ARE MANY MANY MORE FELT EVEN MORE COMPELLED TO RUN AWAY..AS A NO-HOPE WAY TO HELP ONESELF..

IT IS AN ISSUE FOR EVERYBODY TO REFLECT..SEEK SOLUTION..FEEDBACK TO THE GABMEN AND TAKE CORRECTIVE ACTIONS....

IT IS A VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM..
AND TO THE CARING SISTER...JUST RUN AWAY IS NOT THE BEST SOLUTION...

Asychee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for taking the time to pen down and share your experiences with me. I truly appreciate it. Yes, I always felt that there is more to life than work, work, work and material well being. The question I ask is: "what do i want for my children?" Do I want them to remain in SG and lead the kind of life here? The more I discuss, the more I am convinced. My bro is less certain but I will share with him my own feelings and leave it to him to make his own decision

If you intend to go live overseas, you must do it for the right reasons. Dont do it because, others are doing it and make their reasons for migrating as yours then that is definitely not right. You have to dig down and be brutually truthful if that is what you and family wants. I suggest that you do your SWOT analysis.
Many times in my life, Nay sayers tells me - you are only "O" level, you cannot do this and you cannot achieve that. Your wife is filipina, her degree is it kopi or not. I do not let the distractor worry me - I held on to my course in fact a couple of weeks after i leave, i was interview by Shitty Times on why i want to leave. I gave my reasons but it was heavily edited to give a different spin to it.

After collecting my "O" level cert, my secondary school teacher even tell me that she has already planned for me what to do with my life. Go work in a factory after NS. If company is good - stay on, aim to marry another factory girl dont have more than 2 kids. Stay in a 3 room HDB good enough liao - I appreciate her giving me this advice but thank god i never follow it.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask, these are the concerns of a young singaporean. The more questions that you asked = more people will see it from another perspective (those that are in Sg and those that are outside Sg)

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hE IS FEELING THE MULTIPLE IMPACT OF A SOCIO-POLITICAL RE-ENGINEERING HERE..THE HUGE INFLUX OF FOREIGNERS[1.2m]..IE 1 TO EVERY 3 LOCAL IS AN ASTRONOMICAL PROPORTION..THE MAHY IMPACT FELT BY THIS YOUNG MAN IS FULLY UNDERSTANDABLE..HE IS JUST VERY BEWILDERED ON WHY SUCH DRASTIC CHANGES AND MOSTLY[ HE FELT] NEGATIVE IMPACTS COULD HAPPEN SO SUDDENLY...

BUT THE REAL WARNING SIGN IS ,IF A YOUNG MAN OF THE AGE COULD BE COMPELLED TO FEEL LIKE THAT,,MEAN THEY ARE MANY MANY MORE FELT EVEN MORE COMPELLED TO RUN AWAY..AS A NO-HOPE WAY TO HELP ONESELF..

IT IS AN ISSUE FOR EVERYBODY TO REFLECT..SEEK SOLUTION..FEEDBACK TO THE GABMEN AND TAKE CORRECTIVE ACTIONS....

IT IS A VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM..
AND TO THE CARING SISTER...JUST RUN AWAY IS NOT THE BEST SOLUTION...

Stay here and be subject to injustices and compel ur children to stressful lives?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you intend to go live overseas, you must do it for the right reasons. Dont do it because, others are doing it and make their reasons for migrating as yours then that is definitely not right. You have to dig down and be brutually truthful if that is what you and family wants. I suggest that you do your SWOT analysis.
Many times in my life, Nay sayers tells me - you are only "O" level, you cannot do this and you cannot achieve that. Your wife is filipina, her degree is it kopi or not. I do not let the distractor worry me - I held on to my course in fact a couple of weeks after i leave, i was interview by Shitty Times on why i want to leave. I gave my reasons but it was heavily edited to give a different spin to it.

After collecting my "O" level cert, my secondary school teacher even tell me that she has already planned for me what to do with my life. Go work in a factory after NS. If company is good - stay on, aim to marry another factory girl dont have more than 2 kids. Stay in a 3 room HDB good enough liao - I appreciate her giving me this advice but thank god i never follow it.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask, these are the concerns of a young singaporean. The more questions that you asked = more people will see it from another perspective (those that are in Sg and those that are outside Sg)

Thanks for your sharing. It's very encouraging. Yes, I agree that shd we decide to migrate, it must be for the rite reason and we know what we are doing.

We are not distracted by the naysayers here. They are a dime a dozen. We learn to ignore them.

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, it is beeter to stay and remake the society..it is tough, but worth it..
why..??it is your home country.....running away should be the last resort...
we are a democratic society and country..every vote shall make a difference..
FEEDBACK, PARTICIPATE, CHANGE..AND REMAKE OUR HOME...

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, it is beeter to stay and remake the society..it is tough, but worth it..
why..??it is your home country.....running away should be the last resort...
we are a democratic society and country..every vote shall make a difference..
FEEDBACK, PARTICIPATE, CHANGE..AND REMAKE OUR HOME...

:smile:

Feedback, participate, change, remake? Many singaporeans want to do that. But does the pap want us to do that?

I dont see it as running away. I see it as taking time out and come back when the time is ripe to make a change, particpate, feedback, remake. There is a right time for it. Be patient and wise

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come you all so rude to Sumiko err... sorry i mean to a lady?

Last edited:

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
iF WE ALL RUN AWAY..THESE NEW IMMIGRANTS[ MAINLYPRC] will remake our society to the extent you can recognised....that time..tracy..you will not want to come back.
MOST PRC or AHNEH NEW IMMIGRANTS WHO COME HERE ARE OF LOWER GRADES..IE THEY CANT GO TO WESTERN COUNTRIES..many came here ,even with student pass or work permit ,had to engaged in sex trades to survive and eventually become citizen..do you think they can be good quality citizen that improve our society????

They will drastically degrade our social fibric and moral cores......
I understand your disillusion but..go and come back..you and your brother will have a even bigger shoch...say 10 to 20 years..singapore will not be the same singapore anymore..
just walk around all the familiar favourites places..Tanjong katong/choojiats become sex spots. instead of food heavens..good ols Tanjong Pagar are now invaded and dominated by filipinas hooers and PRC students bargirls...china town become hoohers/cowboy towns....even now we give up going to such places..in 10 to 20 years time..these places will be worst thanGL.........

stay back and contribute and make a difference..will you consider???????

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
iF WE ALL RUN AWAY..THESE NEW IMMIGRANTS[ MAINLYPRC] will remake our society to the extent you can recognised....that time..tracy..you will not want to come back.
MOST PRC or AHNEH NEW IMMIGRANTS WHO COME HERE ARE OF LOWER GRADES..IE THEY CANT GO TO WESTERN COUNTRIES..many came here ,even with student pass or work permit ,had to engaged in sex trades to survive and eventually become citizen..do you think they can be good quality citizen that improve our society????

They will drastically degrade our social fibric and moral cores......
I understand your disillusion but..go and come back..you and your brother will have a even bigger shoch...say 10 to 20 years..singapore will not be the same singapore anymore..
just walk around all the familiar favourites places..Tanjong katong/choojiats become sex spots. instead of food heavens..good ols Tanjong Pagar are now invaded and dominated by filipinas hooers and PRC students bargirls...china town become hoohers/cowboy towns....even now we give up going to such places..in 10 to 20 years time..these places will be worst thanGL.........

stay back and contribute and make a difference..will you consider???????

I am still in Singapore and I have not migrated. I may stay or I may go.

Just look at what the PAP have as leaders:-( How can I stay when the field is so skewed to cronyism and nepotism? Am I not banging my head against the wall? Look at what happened to true, loyal singaporeans!!

Asychee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Home is where the heart is. In the past, our grandfathers might be thinking - go to Nanyang make $$ and come back to birth place to retire. In the end, they stayed behind, we are the offspring. We no longer know or have any attachment to the land of where our grandfathers comes from.

Similarly, if when i look from the eye of our kids - Sg is just their dad's birth place, so going back to start all over again or to stay back in CA. what's the difference. It almost like migrating back for them.

As for the social fabric or moral values - it is dynamic not static. Like in the past, SG was like the Bangkok to other people. Then we became a nation, we change their opinion - who knows later we end up back in the same state.