• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boycott Tiger Airways

Boycott Tiger Airways

• Total voters

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://tigeraustralia.wordpress.com/2009/05/05/angry-flyers-lounge-tiger-discovers-customer-service/

Angry Flyers Lounge-Tiger discovers customer service! Tiger Airway news are always in the complaint forum and now the Anger flyer lounge and then what? pissed-the-shit-off cockpit?

I am absolutely disgusted with Tiger Airways, I flew from Mackay last sunday to Melbourne,I was charged 120 dollars extra for my luggage, the same luggage on Rex to Albury cost me nine dollars extra, how can this be fair , on top of that I had to pay for a lousy cup of tea and a biscuit and Rex offered it free. I promise I will never travel Tiger again and my very travelled friends of who there are many will not either. The cheap airfares are not cheap and if you do this to all your clients you will soon be exTiger airways, I hope. Win Morgan

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://sgblogs.com/entry/tiger-airways-shit/254976

Tiger Airways is Shit Yes, that is what happen when the airline is run by a sinkie

Attention: Tiger Airways Customer Service Officer
Subject: Request for resending of confirmation emails and poor customer service

Hi,

I am writing in because I have NO CHOICE. I have been trying to call your hotline for days and hours and till now I still have yet to get through to any of your customer service officer/s.

I need the confirmation emails for my flights with tigerairways to be resent to my email account.

If you require any more details, please call me back at XXX

Kindly reply me as soon as possible, for I will not hesitate to write in to Straits Times or My Paper to complain to get a faster response from you.

Sincerely
Evelyn Lee

WA LAU EH. TIGERAIRWAYS IS REALLY SHIT OK! Can't get through to their bloody hotline. They only have like ONE customer service officer issit! OMG, open your email inbox lah so that people who don't have the time to wait for hours on the phone can email you and then you can reply back. Isn't it better!

I HAVE TO FAX THE ABOVE LOH! How retro.

OMG, whats wrong with tigerairways. It's TERRIBLE SHIT!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://forums.vr-zone.com/world-new...set-travellers-get-more-expensive-flight.html

Upset travellers get more expensive flight

30 Tiger Airways passengers, who reportedly did not see the budget airline's email notification of a rescheduled flight, get pushed to a more expensive flight after kicking a fuss. -TNP

UPSET: Madam Sun Lai and her daughter were going to visit her mother.

WHEN you don't get what you want, sometimes, you might get something even better.

This was what 30 passengers found out on Monday.

They did not know that their Tiger Airways flight had been rescheduled. They said they had not seen the e-mail the budget airline had sent them about this.

But they later found themselves on a more expensive flight, albeit a later one, and for some, a more direct one to their destination.

About 50 passengers arrived at the Budget Terminal after 12.30pm, to find that their 2.30pm flight to Macau - TR902 - had been rescheduled for 12.35pm, and had left without them.

The aircraft can seat 180 passengers.

UPSET: Madam Sun Lai and her daughter were going to visit her mother.
Tempers flared as passengers - tourists and businessmen - gathered in the Airport Operations Division office, wanting to get to their destination as soon as possible.

When The New Paper arrived around 2pm, the office was packed with luggage and luggout 40 upset passengers were milling about angrily.

Worried & irritated

Some demanded to see a Tiger Airways representative, while others sat on their bags with sullen faces.

Airport staff were placating the upset passengers, some of whom were using the service counter phone to call overseas.

At 2.30pm, Miss Jessica Blackwell, 21, an American, was frantically calling her university friends in Hong Kong on the service counter phone.

She goes to Lingnan University there, and is due to make a group presentation this morning for a liberal arts subject.

She didn't know if she could get there on time, and felt she had let the others in her group down.

Another upset passenger was Madam Sun Lai, who was going to see her elderly mother, who has diabetes.

Madam Sun was with her 9-year-old daughter.

Some of the irritated passengers had booked hotels, and others had transfer flights which they feared they could not catch.

They were ushered into a room, and were addressed by airport staff.

Some passengers said Tiger Airways was offering them a full refund, or a change of date to another Tiger Airways flight.

But the passengers were not satisfied - they wanted to get to their destination.

For two hours, they sat in the room, waiting for answers.

At 4pm, the door opened, and what emerged were mostly smiling faces. Miss Blackwell called her friends in Hong Kong, reassuring them: 'We'll be there.'

Tiger Airways had decided to put the passengers on another flight at no additional cost.

These passengers could choose to leave at 6.30pm for Hong Kong, which is about an hour-long ferry ride from Macau.

The tickets they were given were for a Cathay Pacific flight, and were significantly more expensive.

Thirty passengers took up the offer, and it was not a bad deal for those who had intended to go to Hong Kong in the first place.

Technician Yeo Eng Chuah, whose original plan was to take the flight to Macau, and then a ferry to Hong Kong, felt he was lucky.

But despite the unexpected 'upgrade', Mr Yeo said he was 'frustrated and disappointed'.

He claimed he received the e-mail notifying him of the rescheduling only at 3.10pm, when he checked his mail at a free Internet terminal at the airport.

Mr Yeo added: 'I don't want to have to argue for three-fourths of the day for such an upgrade.'

The rest of the passengers chose to fly to Macau on another day, or requested a full refund.

Some were still upset, like businessman Goh Soo Teck, 36, who had to attend a conference in Macau this morning.

He spent an extra $700 on a Singapore Airlines flight to Macau yesterday evening, and wanted a full refund on the Tiger Airways ticket.

'It's common for flights to be delayed, but this is a case of no notification,' he said.

'This is the first time I have booked a seat on a budget airline. I regret it.'

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24851789-5006790,00.html

A GROUP of Canberra students were stranded in Darwin when they arrived to catch their Tiger Airways flight to Bangkok - only to be told the airline had not operated from the Top End since October.

Briohny Gillespie, 21, Katherine Govey, 23, Adrienne Tawagi, 24 and Sophie Lane, 22, were ready to embark on their six-week backpacking venture around South-East Asia on Friday, the Northern Territory News reported .

They were expecting to catch a flight to Bangkok yesterday, and then a connecting flight to Krabi, where they had already booked and paid for a room at a resort.

"We could be there right now sipping cocktails out of coconut shells," Ms Gillespie said at Darwin International Airport last night.

The girls estimate that the delay has cost about $4000 for new connecting flights - via Singapore and Phuket - international phone calls, accommodation they had already paid for at the resort, accommodation in Darwin and Singapore and travel from Phuket.

They had been saving for the trip all year, and had booked their tickets in July, received confirmation emails and had money debited from their credit card accounts.

No money had been refunded to their accounts last night, and no one from the airline had contacted any of them.

On Friday, the group had travelled from Canberra to Sydney, and then flew to Darwin where they had an eight-hour wait before the expected flight.

They spent the evening in the city before heading back to the airport, where they went to the Qantas check-in desk to find out where to check in for their Tiger Airways flight.

"And they were like, 'Um, it doesn't exist'," Ms Govey said.

On calling the airline, they were told they would have to write a letter of complaint to have their concerns heard.

"I'm disgusted that an airline would do this to paying customers," Ms Tawagi said. "They have just left us stranded."

"Thankfully we're not just out of school and a bit ditsy," Ms Govey said.

"If you were travelling on your own it would be scary."

They said they had also seen another couple who had turned up to the airport for the same flight.

Read more on this story at the Northern Territory News.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/message.jspa?messageID=15715266

Hi,

Just a heads up about those exciting low-fares that keep popping up from Tiger Airways – I found out the hard way last night how quickly a cheap weekend can get quite expensive (Melbourne:Adelaide). Tiger Airways only has 5 planes apparently, and one of them was out last night - so my flight, and all subsequent flights for that plane, were cancelled. If this happens then Tiger might refund the original cost of your ticket (in 3-4 weeks, pending approval), but certainly not the cost of getting a replacement flight. The mad dash of dozens of travellers running around the airport trying to get the least extortionate airfare from a full service carrier can be rather unpleasant.

A quick scan of the internet forums shows this is a common problem, and their customer service team (if it actually exists) don’t respond to emails and they have only one fax/phone line which is perpetually engaged. They request you send them a letter, but I noticed this gem in the fine print “Please also note that proof of postage does not indicate proof of receipt.A sinkie way of running a business

Anyway – just worth thinking about the next time you marvel at their prices and think “Just how DO they have airfares that cheap?”.

Let the buyer beware,

Adam,
Dusting off my Qantas and Virgin frequent flyer cards.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

take this poll.. Is CB Kia tonychat a

a) loser who got jilted by spore gf and thus hate all things spore?
b) poorly educated ex-convict who cannot find a decent job in spore?
c) depends on the earnings of his thai ladyboy prostitute gf?
d) fat, ugly with a tiny weeney?
e) all of the above.:eek::biggrin:

:oIo::oIo: fuck off and die.

........................:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Warning-Fly-Tiger-Airways-t242593.html

Warning! Do Not Fly Tiger Airways!, NO Customer Service! You have been warned.

Letter I wrote to Tiger Airways, no reply of course.
Below links, I have never seen an airline with so many complaints.
Mobile Phone bill was 3000bht just for being on hold.

//edit - e-mail addresses removed as per forum rules//

Tony Davis
CEO Tiger Airways
Address: Changi Airport Post Office
P O Box 82
Singapore 918143
Fax: 61 x xxxxxxxx Confirmation no: JK75CL

Dear Mr. Tony Davis,

I have just returned home to Bangkok after the most stressful trip to Perth (I am Australian)
& I thought you may be interested in Customer feedback. If not then that wouldn’t surprise me from what we had to endure.

The beginning was the closure of Suvarnabhumi Airport 2 weeks prior to our departure. We were due to fly out On the 1st Dec to Singapore then connect to Tiger Air for the afternoon flight to Perth. The 30th Nov came and still no Flights out so we decided to do the long way down to Singapore via Train then Bus and hope that flights would continue on our return. So we knew we would need another day to get to Singapore so we had to change our SIN-PER departure to the 2nd Dec. Ok so we go online Tiger airways website booking change link & change the date to the 2nd Dec then on completion I click the NO to the seat selection and after that I get an error message as follows. It is lucky I copied the error message.

Error
Your booking information has been submitted and is pending confirmation.
HOWEVER, we have experienced an unknown error while processing
some additional information.
Please DO NOT attempt to re-book your flight.
Please call the Tiger Airways Call Centre to check on the status of your booking.
Case Number: TR018978819630
Error reported at: 20081129032948

The next day we start calling Tiger airways firstly Bangkok, after trying many times and being put on hold for 30 minute intervals, finally getting through the Call Center Girl tell’s us she can not help as it a Singapore matter. What the? Singapore Matter???

Tiger Airways is Tiger Airways no matter what call center you should call! But Bangkok Center didn’t see it that way.

So we try to call Singapore Call Center and all we get is an engaged signal or put on hold for 30-45 minutes. After that time we would give up and redial or it disconnects automatically. (I have included a phone bill statement as evidence). When we reached Hat Yai in Southern Thailand we start to call Australia in an attempt to find somebody who can help but no same thing on hold or engaged. But then on one attempt we get through and was it Australia? NO! It was an Indian girl with an Internet line in India representing Tiger Airways Call Center Melbourne. The line was so bad we were telling her to speak slowly and word by word but even that was no good. We asked her if she could help us she said YES but then she would say NO after we asked her to change the departure date to the next day. We were about to catch a bus to Singapore so we knew we had to keep trying as we knew that there was no hope in hel_l of catching the flight THAT DAY. Still being 13 hours away from Singapore we call Bangkok Call Center again. I am sad to say that it came down to my Thai partner begging & pleading the Thai Tiger Airways Call Center and even still after explaining our situation we can not change our booking online it is blocked over & over & over & over that she finally allowed us to fly the next day out of Singapore. She asked my partner what seats we would like? To which he replied any! We will even sit in the toilet if you like. So now she says we will have to pay a fee of 3000bht and we said FINE Just do it PLEASE. So she takes credit card details and he says thankyou . I have never felt so relieved in my life.

We wanted to call her all the names under the sun but that does not help when you know she is the last option.

YOU HAVE NO CALL CENTERS! Tiger Airways does not want passengers to call at all. (If they had a website that worked properly then maybe that would be possible). There are only 2 female operators in the Bangkok call center and the one my partner spoke to said she was just a “Little Fish”. I do not know why Tiger Airways has call centers when they can’t help a passenger or do anything. Go ahead try calling your call centers. It also takes them 2 days to reply to an email like I sent twice. [email protected]

This is our first and only flight with Tiger Airways and our last. We don’t know how a CEO of Tiger Airways can sleep at night when people don’t get flights and or give up trying to change bookings or paying for things they don’t get . But I guess that’s what your hoping will bring extra income for you . I know we are not the only one’s to have problems but all I know is that it is not going to happen to us again . I will also put this letter in as many places as I can find on the internet as well as all media outlets.

Tiger Airways has proven that with the extra money we spent with the “special seats”, call charges, booking fee’s, & baggage charges, we could and should have just flown direct with Thai International BKK-PER and have a pain free trip. Plus free meal, baggage, free seat, direct flight, arriving Bangkok and Perth at Daytime not AM.... I have learned my lesson thanks to Tiger Airways. I have a sneaky suspicion that Tiger Airways was set up by the Bigger Airlines in order to make ALL Low cost airlines look bad thus moving people back to Big Name Airlines. It worked for me anyway.

I have also included some pages from the internet for your reading pleasure. I did read a few reviews before I booked with Tiger Airways but only until I returned and entered “Tiger Airways Call Centers” into Google that I found such interesting reading. I have never seen an Airline with so many bad comments about it’s Call Center , Flight Cancellations, and Customer Service.

Also that was not the first error message I have seen, you also get error messages when trying to book tickets online.
Then people retry booking seats and get charged twice to which of course there is no refunds as in your Terms & conditions.
This is probably why so many call your Call Centers as they get error messages.

Tiger Airways Call Centers Bangkok 66xxxxxxxx Singapore 65xxxxxxxx (International) 65xxxxxxxx (Engaged) no answer

Melbourne (via INDIA) 61xxxxxxxxx
I would be interested in your comments. Mr. Lindsay XXXXXXX

//edit - long list of unnecessary URLs removed//

Budget airline Tiger Airways is struggling to cope with the amount of contact centre traffic it's attracting from Australian callers, according to media reports.
The Herald Sun reported that it was told by one customer that she'd spent days ringing the airline, but had only ever got an engaged signal. Tiger spokesman Matt Hobbs admitted the number of phone calls had caught the airline by surprise.
Hobbs told reporters demand from phone customers had led the airline to substantially increase the number of staff at its call centres. "We are a low-cost airline in the true sense of the world, and we are never going to have a call centre of 1000 people waiting to answer the phone so that people can get through on the first ring at any time of day," he warned.