• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boycott Tiger Airways

Boycott Tiger Airways

• Total voters

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
THAI Airways charged my credit card without issuing tickets and refused to refund me! What should I do?
I made online bookings for 4 tickets to BKK with THAI airways in Oct. However, their website hanged halfway thru and there was no confirmation. I checked my email for any tickets and there was none, hence I proceeded to book with another airline.

However, when my credit card bill arrived, I was shocked that THAI airways had charged my credit card even though there wasn't any confirmation or tickets issued.

Checked with THAI Airways and they said that they were unsuccessful in emailing me the tickets as they had a technical problem at that time but still considered a 'confirmed booking'. I ended up with a total of 8 tickets now!!!

I requested THAI airways many times for a refund and each time, their staffs would quote me their 'terms of carriage' and said 'there is nothing they can do' since there is a 'confirmed booking'.

The total cost charged was $936.

I approached CASE but they said I needed to pay for membership

What shld I do? Anyone with similar experiences pls share.

:biggrin: in your face CB kia tonychat:oIo:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://chunhwashermeen.blogspot.com/2009/03/fly-not-with-tiger-airways.html

Weeks after booking myself a flight to BKK, and being extremely pleased with the upcoming holiday.... i was notified by the airline that " For operational reasons, some changes have been made to your flight schedule..." So... they made the decision (without my consultation of coz!) to push my return flight to the next day, which means I needed to stay another night in BKK.

The notice below left me no choice but to accept their counter offer... becoz dun u think it sounded like if i dun accept... i will forfeit the $$ i paid for the flight?!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.xin.sg/yourviews/story.php?comment=85521

i really hope Newspaper can come out with one article about a budget airway online service.
1)Add money if we use credit Card to pay. (Make no sense)
2)Customer hotline. Waiting can go up to half hour.(Make sense) cos they budget ma.. so only one customer service to attend all call ma... and so many complain.. so can't cope lo~ (hmm.. make sense)
3)If you do not want to check in your bags when u depart. you should call the hotline to let them know so they can tell u what and how to do. (make sense..) wait for them to pick up call lo~ whahaha~ thanks ah~
I think we really pay a lot for such *&%$#@ services from them.. i'll make sure all my friends don't use the airway again~ i'll mass email to all my friends...
Thanks

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.airlinecomplaints.org/showthread.php?p=4283

We flew from Melbourne to the Gold Coast Australia on August 25th 2008 on Tiger Airways. We arrived (after the one and a half hour flight had been delayed 4 hours already!) at 8.30pm.

When we collected our luggage we realised that my husbands hard case had had one of the wheels knocked right out of the socket (a mighty fall) and was totally missing.

We went up to the desks to report it immediately, and there was not a single staff member to be seen in the whole airport. We went back to the carosel and saw an outside luggage guy with a yellow vest on. We advised him that our bag had been broken and that there were no staff on the desks to report it to. He said that they were all out on the tarmac loading the next plane out!(leaving NO staff in the terminal at all???)

We waited another 10 minutes and no one arrived, so we left the airport. As it was the last flight of the night we weren't even sure if any staff members would appear back at the desk at all. We also had to get home to our children. We then had to drag the bag across the dirt path (no kidding!) of about 100 metres to the main terminal (in the dark, no lighting) to the cab rank. (VERY POOR! - VERY DANGEROUS)

I promptly rang them the next day Melbourne number but overseas call centre (of course not toll free, engaged lines continuiously, but finally on hold for ages to get a human) who asked me to fill in all the necessary paperwork.

We sent everything to them and clearly advised that there were no staff to report the damage to on the evening.

I just got a reply back two months later from them, denying that there were no staff on the desks. I was furious, at basically being called a liar. I said I would go down and take a photo of the staffless desks as evidence, as I am sure it happens regularily. Of course they refuse to do anything about it, saying "you needed to report it to staff on the night" but I kept clearly saying THERE WERE NO STAFF!!!????

Any future passangers be VERY CAREFUL. Even while waiting to board the flight the women beside us told us of there reluctance to refund a duplication of airfare, when their website crashed while she was booking. Of course you get put through to an overseas call centre, with phone operators with very limited English. As she said to them "why would I have two tickets for the same person on the same flight???" She had been arguing for 2 months to get back the money through their faulty web booking system. Why would a system accept an exact duplicate booking?

I've heard lots of other horrid stories about this airline. One of the worst being my brother-in-law, who had booked well in advance for a flight from Canberra to Melbourne for a good friends wedding. They emailed him a few hours earlier on the day that he left (having to be at the airport early in the morning) that the flight had been moved forward 2 hours. Of course checking your email on the day you fly out at 5am in the morning isn't something you do, and they didn't text him either, so he got told when he arrived. He was devestated, not only did he miss his friends wedding, but lost flight costs, but also $80 in taxi fees to and from the airport for nothing.

FUTURE TIGER AIRWAYS PASSENGERS BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!! I would say, only book with them if you aren't bothered about actually getting there!!!!!! Otherwise pay the extra for another airline for the security of knowing you will at least be treated decently.

I wondered if anyone else had experienced a similar problem with Tiger Airways especially lack of staff at the terminals? Their flights may be cheap but they are horrendously run, and their lack of morals and ethics are very concerning.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tiger Airways Mistreats Passengers

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gF3I6N5tqDA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gF3I6N5tqDA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

take this poll.. Is CB Kia tonychat a

a) loser who got jilted by spore gf and thus hate all things spore?
b) poorly educated ex-convict who cannot find a decent job in spore?
c) depends on the earnings of his thai ladyboy prostitute gf?
d) fat, ugly with a tiny weeney?
e) all of the above.:eek::biggrin:

:oIo::oIo: fuck off and die.

............................:oIo: CB Kia tonychat

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/tiger-airways-pte-c159198.html

I had been forced to change my flight multiple times with each time paying a penalty for the change. This happened until I realized when I could not choose the dates I wanted even though they were just a couple of weeks out. I had called and they told me that the ticket had a one year validity from the initial purchase and this was a policy implemented after my initial purchase. I would have to forfeit all fees paid including postponement penalties and surcharges as a result. I had reviewed all documentation and there was no mention of this one year validity.

These budget carriers give nice discounts to lure you into a trap that could result in an even more expensive trip than normal airlines. More like you will be sometimes be made to pay for something that you never even used.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=2282562

I've never flew on Tiger Airways, I probably will soon, but shall never again.

Here i am posting my experience to fellow forumers who might have encountered same issues with tiger airways (which i believe are MANY), seeking your advice..

I booked a trip for 2 to phuket in Jan, departure date being late june 2009.
Total cost was $269 including taxes (special promo at that time).

Due to unforseen circumstances, it left me with no choice but to opt for an amendment in flight schedule which will see me wanting to depart for my phuket 1 week earlier.

Therefore, i picked up the phone to call tiger airways (nervously), due to hearsay that you will be fortunate to get through to them. True enough, i only managed to hear a human voice after some 40-ish minutes.

I relayed my situation to the operator, let's name her Ms S for convenience sake.
Ms S must have been very well versed and trained in her job, as upon hearing my situation, she immediately quoted me an admin charge of $50 per pax per flight (one way).

Which works out to $200 admin charge for 2 pax for the return trip to phuket. AND this is exclusive of whatever difference in air fares/taxes which i have to top up.

I did some sums quickly, and by AMENDING my flight schedule, the total additional cost which i have to bear will work out to an estimaed $300 to $400 minimum (EVEN HIGHER THAN INITIAL COST)

I argued with Ms S, and wanted her to practice some due diligence and some common sense in the line of probably charging me more reasonable admin fees *note i am not asking for complete waiver, just did not want to pay for "unreasonable admin fees", and also the fact that my flight is 3 months plus away, i am giving the company ample notification..

she completely disregarded my proposals and conveniently quoted me..

let me quote her word for word.. "Sir, it doesnt matter when you are flying. Even if you are flying next year, you still have to pay for the unreasonable admin fees"
customer service? i guess not.

I went on to question her, so is this the way how tiger airways make their money (through charging UNREASONABLE admin fees?"

She confidently replied "YES"

Now here's the issue. i intend to seek redress using Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act.
Anyone here knows how can i do so?
I doubt CASE can help.

Thank you

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://politics.sgforums.com/forums/1504/topics/120448

We’d like to inform our friends or other people who may want to choose budget airline for travel about the unhappy event as we will describe below. Please be noted that we mainly talk about the Tiger Airways (Tiger for short) company here.

On the late December, we eight people planned to travel to Phuket on the late January and booked one way air tickets from Tiger (Phuket - Singapore), and the price that time was s$42 each (the departure ticket from Singapore to Phuket is bought from another budget airline A). Unfortunately, the tsunami happened during Christmas and Phuket was severely impacted. Due to the safety concern, we decided to cancel the trip to Phuket. When we requested such change to both airlines, A agreed us to change destination, time and name without any penalty. But Tiger originally said we need pay for penalty for any change. After we negotiated with them for several times, they accepted our requirement which was quite reasonable at the first place, because it was not because of our fault to change the trip.

Then we decided to travel to Bangkok instead and the return date was fixed on Feb, 27. From Jan 24, we started to request such change. After four days on Jan 28, Tiger requested us to offer passengers’ name details. But that time three of us quitted and another three people joined. So we sent out change request again with new passengers’ information and the date was still the same. After that, we kept sending emails to enquire and waited for 18 days before Tiger replied (Feb 15) and this reply came after we sent fax to them. We presented our information again as required. Then, while we kept sending emails and fax to enquire the progress, Tiger made us wait for another 9 days to Feb 24, which was the time for us to depart. On Feb 24, we called, emailed, and faxed a lot of times to Tiger to request their confirmation of return tickets.

At the last minute, they confirmed it but said that the original flight we booked was not available at that time and we had to pay top up for the current flight, which means each of us should pay s$80 plus 8 more to make the trip. We were very angry but had no choice because time was so limited that we could not book another flight to be back, but just had to pay for it.

We strongly doubt that Tiger intentionally deferred our ticket change processing to get more payment from us. Actually the flight we took (TR109) was filled less than 1/3 of all the seats. If this is because of the low efficiency of Tiger officers, they should still follow the original flight information for reference. But their efficiency was so ridiculously low! If we didn’t push them to confirm quickly on the last day, we may not be able to get the return tickets and may probably abandon the trip! We have complaint to the Tiger officers, but they said they had no way to resolve it. Since the customer service people said they had to refer this change to their management before confirmation, we doubt that management people of Tiger intentionally instruct their officers to deal with our change in this way to charge higher price from us. Although this amount of top up may not be a big deal for a lot of people, we strongly feel that our rights have been badly violated. And it is very irresponsible for Tiger to treat their customers in this way. Compared with airline A, who agreed us to change without penalty at the first time after tsunami and processed the changes for us just within half an hour through call, Tiger neither provides a direct phone call no to customer service department nor proceeds the request rapidly. More intolerable, they even showed much reluctance to reply by email! Tiger really places itself as a very untrustworthy airline company.

We want to inform all of our friends and people we may not know about this issue. Please be noted that no matter due to low work efficiency or intentional abuse, Tiger has left a bad image with us and we won’t choose it for future travel any more. Hope all of you will not encounter such problem.

Last edited:

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tis is how they make money. You booked early, and you cancelled flight. Same as travel agents.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That is what happen you allow a sinkie to management an airline. Nothing good, only inconveniences and troubles, last but not least, a waste of time and money.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To all those PAP losers, i will continue to post all complaints of Tiger Airways and you can do nothing about it.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.notgoodenough.org/viewtopic.php?t=35171

Tiger Airways: Hopeless Management

Posted: 26 Jan 09 13:03
Post subject: Tiger Airways: Hopeless Management
I booked a flight from Adelaide to Melbourne several months before the flight date of 2 Dec 2008. Had never flown Tiger before even though many people had told me not to bother as they had heard bad reviews.

Less than 2 days before the flight, I recieved a call from a guy in Melbourne Airport telling me that the flight was cancelled!

This is just the start of the saga!

He said that he could offer me a different flight or a refund. The problem was that I had an international connection and there were no other Tiger flights to connect me that day.

He could have put me on a flight the day before but he informed me that his notes stated that "under no circumstances was accommodation to be provided free of charge".

I therefore had no choice but to accept the refund....as you can imagine, given the extremely short notice, the cost of flights was much higher than normal so I was out of pocket by a fair bit.

But to add insult to injury, the refund hasnt come through after more than a month, even though it was promised within a few days!

I have sent one email regarding this which hasnt been replied to so I just rang the airline.

The lady I spoke to (who I think was in the Philipines) told me that she will have to follow this up with Melbourne Airport in order to progress/resolve it.

I cannot believe what a shambolic mess of an airline I have been dealing with.

I understand they are somehow linked to Singapore Airlines (SI) who I have flown with on several occasions (most recently in the last 12 months) and I am appalled that SI allows this sort of mess to continue as I have always been very impressed with SI.

I was considering also trying to recoup the economic loss associated with having to book last minute flights but I dont particularly like banging my head against a brick wall so I wont waste my time - however, if they dont sort out the refund in the next 2 days, I'll be going to the Ombudsman as I have promised the airline today.

Shame Shame Shame Tiger Airways! If you cant run an airline, get out of our country!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.petertan.com/blog/tag/tiger-airways/

TIGER AIRWAYS DEAF TO DISCRIMINATION CLAIMS: HERALD SUN - APRIL 11,2008

Article from: Herald Sun

Jane Metlikovec with AAP

April 11, 2008 01:41pm

THE advent of low-cost airlines and zealous interpretation of safety regulations has led to discrimination against people with disabilities, experts say.

A group of deaf people from Melbourne has launched a discrimination case against Tiger Airways after the budget carrier insisted they travel with a carer last month.

But federal disability discrimination commissioner Graeme Innes says the problem isn’t limited to Tiger.

“There have been endemic problems in airlines over the past few years where people with disabilities have been refused carriage because of their disability,” Mr Innes told Sky News.

“The introduction of low-cost airlines has been one of the reasons.”

Mr Innes said they often applied unnecessarily strenuous or zealous interpretations of airline safety regulations and their staff weren’t trained well enough.

“What you get sometimes are individual decisions which are outside airline policies,” he said.

In 2006, Virgin Blue was forced to back down over its policy requiring wheelchair-bound passengers to be accompanied by a carer. It’s currently fighting a federal court case over alleged discrimination, Mr Innes said.

Last week, Mr Innes co-chaired a forum with the parliamentary secretary for disabilities services, Bill Shorten, to address the issue of how disabled people are treated by airlines.

The forum included the main airlines, the Civil Aviation Safety Authority and Government representatives.

Mr Shorten said the Government was concerned that discrimination was taking place “in the name of safety”.

“But the reality is most people with impairment can understand (safety) instructions and fly,” Mr Shorten told Sky News.

Mr Shorten said Tiger was wrong to insist deaf passengers travelled with a carer.

“People who are deaf can still see and all emergency safety briefings have pictorial representations,” he said.

“Just because people are deaf doesn’t mean that they’re stupid.”

He said Qantas had the best policy: “If you can’t self-medicate and self-see then you need a carer”.

But Mr Shorten said individual flight attendants were not to blame.

Better training and awareness about disability was needed, he said.

“The airline industry needs to reach out to people with disability.”

Public servant Adrian Doyle, 38, said he was left humiliated in Tasmania last month when he, his wife Julie, and two friends, Robyn and Steve May, who are all in their 30s, were told they could board a Tiger Airways plane only if they organised - and bought a seat - for a sign language translator.

A spokesman for Tiger Airways, Matt Hobbs, told the Herald Sun the policy was in place to protect the safety of all passengers in case of emergency.

Mr Hobbs said Tiger was not looking at revising its policy to let fully capable deaf adults travel without an aide.

“The carer issue is a standard practice, and it is there to protect the safety of all passengers, and without it, the safety of passengers could be jeopardised,” he said.

But Mr Hobbs rang back five minutes later saying the Tiger policy was actually to allow deaf people to travel without a carer.

Tiger would now address Mr Doyle and his travel companions.

“We are happy to apologise to the people involved for the inconvenience and embarrassment they might have experienced,” Mr Hobbs said.

Mr Doyle, of Nunawading, has filed the complaint against Tiger with the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission under the Disability Discrimination Act.

The group was eventually permitted to take their seats on the March 4 flight from Launceston to Melbourne, after a stewardess told them they would not be allowed to travel alone again.

“The stewardess wrote on a piece of paper to me that we all require a carer on a plane because of our ‘deafness’, which sure floored me,” Mr Doyle said.

“My friends had steam coming out of their ears, and my wife was dumbfounded.

“I then took the paper and wrote that they had insulted us by saying that we require a carer, since we have all travelled a lot, and never encountered any problems with our disabilities.”

Mr Doyle double-checked the Tiger policy over the phone when he returned home, and was again told that he would be required to have a carer next time.

“I am shocked and stunned that Tiger allow themselves to discriminate against deaf people,” he said.

Anti-discrimination consultant Julie Phillips said the original Tiger policy appeared to be out of the dark ages.

“Deaf people fly every day - they do not need carers. It’s ridiculous,” Ms Phillips said.

Virgin Blue and Jetstar both allow deaf passengers to travel without carers.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tiger airlines is Budget... Budget. Thats why!
Cheapo don't expect service.

THen why set it up in the first place. People can do without such airline.

Service is one thing. Not getting refund as promise is another.

It is totally 2 different stories.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.mathaba.net/0_index.shtml?x=620211

Mathaba.Net - Vanessa Regan worked with Adelaide's SkyCity casino for 8 years and now is taking a gamble with embattled Tiger Airways which faces mounting problems and a public relations disaster.

Tiger obviously hopes the good looking Regan will be able to smooth over things and help Tiger Airways to roar, but some unhappy Australians have vowed to make the Tiger run out of Australia like a pussy cat with its tail between its legs.

This is due to an overwhelming amount of evidence of sub-zero customer service, and sky-rocketing complaints to news agencies and consumer affairs authorities in the wake of Singapore Airlines bid to enter the low-cost air market with business ethics that match at best tea shops in Singapore's low-cost Geylang red light district.

Others are predicting the collapse of Tiger Airways due to its failure to respond to complaints, the hiding of its CEO from the public, and the non-contactability of the airline whenever customers need to make ammendments or inquiries.

Cancellations without notification of passengers are another frequent complaint as well as disrespect of Australian traditions of fair play. #

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.mathaba.net/news/?x=618805

Tiger Airways Flies in the Face of Singapore

Mathaba news can reveal that numerous sources and an investigation by our news network has shown a pattern of sub-zero customer service and mis treatment of passengers by the airline.

Customers hoping to either make a booking or to attempt to complain about serious mis treatment by the airline are held in an endless phone loop listening to a recording saying that Tiger Airways is "center of Asia Pacific aviation's low cost airline of the year" without giving information as to where such a seemingly fraudulent claim emenates.

Our investigators have also caught out the airline cheating its advertisers - including Hertz Rent-a-Car - by placing advertising in a location that is not visible to the most common browsing window size, whilst allowing a slither of clickable area to appear immediately to the left of the scroll bar.

This is a well known trick used by some unscrupulous web masters to generate false clicks which concealing the ad from view, as many people aiming for the narrow windows scroll bar to move down the page erroneously hit the ad which is placed in this forbidden position. Reputable web advertising agencies such as ads.heyu.net ban any web site found to use such practices, and monitor the display of ads on their network to prevent such abuse.

The DoubleClick agency handles Tiger Airways advertising income, with both the agency and Tiger Airways earning roughly 50% each from the advertisers which are being cheated by the airline with its unscrupulous methods of generating false clicks whilst concealing the advertisement.

Mathaba News Agency contacted the airline to inform them about this practice and no action was taken, although Tiger Airways had promised to have a senior manager contact the agency to address our complaints.

The Editor of IMTnews.com purchased a ticket at Chinese New Year from Manila to Singapore, and the next day Tiger Airways canceled and reversed the confirmed booking without informing neither the payee nor the passenger. The passenger was forced to purchase a new ticket at higher cost in cash at Manila Clark airport far from the city, in order to fly.

The Australian St George Bank, reputed to be the leading business bank in Australia, expressed astonishment at the reversal since the booking took place via their secure system which uses the very latest and most advanced security technology, which our ICT Editor says is vastly superior to that used by Tiger Airways.

The editor who has travelled 59 countries on countless airlines told Mathaba that in all his 45 years he had never had a similar experience of the reversal of a sale, moreover without informing either payee or passenger via SMS nor Email about the reversal. Instead, the happless passenger was told at the check-in counter at Manila's Clark airport that "your ticket is fraudulent, if you want to fly you have to buy a new one."

Calling the various international and national call centre numbers of Tiger Airways results in being cut off or having to listen to the endless self-congratulating loop recording for durations from over half an hour without answer to being cut of several times after from only a few minutes to 15 minutes.

The Singapore number was constantly engaged, presumably from irate former passengers for the airline, which sources in the tourism and travel industry have told Mathaba has a bad reputation for not being able to handle or not wishing to answer callers.

Other complaints include booking elderly into the emergency exit seats who then have to rebook without compensation for fare difference, and misplacing frequent fliers who book the extra leg space room again without compensation. Apologies from the airline are also not forthcoming.

With the western economic collapse and Singapore having banked on the (western) banking system, corners may be cut while the reputation of Singapore in increasingly as a high cost low service destination not suited to tourists, and this is exacerbated by the abysmal performance of Tiger Airways.

Mathaba has launched an advertising campaign against Tiger Airways and is collecting donations toward increased advertising to be shown in various countries calling for a ban of the airline, with links to related information, as well as possible legal actions. $A20 already buys 10,000 advertisements, and any amount is acceptable and will be used to purchase extra advertising and exposure of Tiger Airways malpractices.

Tiger Airways as well as others with information relevant to conducting an investigation and possible legal action against the Airline, are invited to contact Mathaba News via our contact form: #

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

---------------------------------------