• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boycott Tiger Airways

Boycott Tiger Airways

• Total voters

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.kewinn.com/kelchan/?p=957

Beware the Tiger

I love budget flights. I’m willing to deal with the lack of allocated seats (barely) and no service and having to pay for every single thing on the flight. But this is getting too much.

Twice now, Tiger Airways emails me and drastically changes my flights. Not delayed for an hour or two. But they change it from a 7am flight to a 4pm flight both ways. It’s ridiculous! Is this market practice for budget flights?

I understand flight delays due to weather or technical difficulties. But Tiger’s reason was “Due to the increased demand for other Tiger Airways destinations, we had to make some changes to our flight schedule. As a result, the departure time of your Tiger Airways flight between Singapore and Krabi has changed.”Ridiculous!

With these nearby destinations, the timing is everything, because one tends to go on a weekend here and there, so arriving in the evening instead of morning loses a day of your 2 or 3 day trip. That is significant.

They will lose me as a customer if this persists. They are rather irresistable with all the many routes they are taking up and their publicized low prices. But soon enough, people will start to understand the actual cost of those low prices because it will signal, as it does to me now, that their schedules are highly untrustworthy. I have found that Jetstarasia has been far far better: they allocate seats, prices hardly differ and they have never changed my flight. I will as far as possible avoid taking Tiger Airways, even when I have to pay more for another flight. I think Tiger Airways is testing the consumer’s patience. ( no lah , they are just displaying their sinkie behavior)

Tiger Airways, you suck and I’m letting everyone know about it. Good, That is what i am doing now. And pls remind others to beware of sinkies as well, they behave just like Tiger Airways.

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

take this poll.. Is CB Kia tonychat a

a) loser who got jilted by spore gf and thus hate all things spore?
b) poorly educated ex-convict who cannot find a decent job in spore?
c) depends on the earnings of his thai ladyboy prostitute gf?
d) fat, ugly with a tiny weeney?
e) all of the above.:eek::biggrin:

:oIo::oIo: fuck off and die.

....................................:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes, the flights are cheap, but this first experience of mine left a very sour taste in my mouth.
I will be taking an SQ plane tomorrow and writing into the regional headquaters in Singapore regarding this incident.
I have also been advised by my friends here to approach the ACCC.

This is the first time this sort of thing ever happened to me.

I arrive at 4 hours before departure and yet the plane managed to leave before me.
Is it normal nor logical to not have any staff on the ground 1 hr before any flight?
The Qantas lady told me that they arnt suppose to leave the check in counter till half hour before the flight, yet, there was no one there.

In addition to me, there was a chap from malaysia who is in the exact same shoes as I am.
I have taken his flight details and both of us will be writing in.

Pal, writing in is no use, you just write to another useless sinkie who knows nothing to do.

Just gather with a bunch to pissed off passengers and throw shit at the the counter at the airport and protest against it. That will be a much better way.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; :biggrin:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Big irony is that TS (aka resident sinkie basher) has beef (oops, he's a vegan:eek:) against Tiger -when he was vociferous in his support to PAD's airport siege.

Wasn't the siege root cause of untold misery to innocent travellers/visitors? Tiger's customer service maybe shitty, but to blame tiger for airport fallout takes the cake here:cool:

AfterTimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tiger is not blamed for the airport fall out, but blamed on how they respond to the airport fall out. :cool:

The airport siege affects every airlines and it seems Tiger got the brunt for most complains which shows that they are not ready in crisis management. It takes a crisis to show who are the ones swimming naked. :rolleyes:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tiger is not blamed for the airport fall out, but blamed on how they respond to the airport fall out. :cool:

The airport siege affects every airlines and it seems Tiger got the brunt for most complains which shows that they are not ready in crisis management. It takes a crisis to show who are the ones swimming naked. :rolleyes:

so is the thailand yellow army at fault for the airport siege?:cool:

is yes why is CB Kia tonychat not blaming them:confused:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

It takes a crisis to show which airline is truly Unsinkified.

AfterTimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
so is the thailand yellow army at fault for the airport siege?:cool:

is yes why is CB Kia tonychat not blaming them:confused:

No.

Sinkie garment and its cronies in Temasek are at fault for the airport siege. :cool:

If they are not taken by greed and try buying into Thaksin's Telco company, Thaksin will still be in power, and the yellow army will never exist, and of course the airport will not be seized by them in the unfolding of events.

Sinkie garment is the cause, and the airport siege is the effect. In the Law of Cause and Effect the problem to be blamed is the cause, not the effect.

So Tiger could blame Sinkie garment too because it all thanks to them which caused the airport siege and the effect resulting a show case to the world how incompetent, relatively speaking, Tiger is in crisis management.

If this ever causes the demise of Tiger, we know who to blame. No, not the Sinkie garment but the 66.6% who voted for them - the ultimate cause. :biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No.

Sinkie garment and its cronies in Temasek are at fault for the airport siege. :cool:

If they are not taken by greed and try buying into Thaksin's Telco company, Thaksin will still be in power, and the yellow army will never exist, and of course the airport will not be seized by them in the unfolding of events.

Sinkie garment is the cause, and the airport siege is the effect. In the Law of Cause and Effect the problem to be blamed is the cause, not the effect.

So Tiger could blame Sinkie garment too because it all thanks to them which caused the airport siege and the effect resulting a show case to the world how incompetent, relatively speaking, Tiger is in crisis management.

If this ever causes the demise of Tiger, we know who to blame. No, not the Sinkie garment but the 66.6% who voted for them - the ultimate cause. :biggrin:

It also means that the sinkie govt bite its own foot.

Ahhh.. there is someone who is cleared in seeing the event of things. This is the truly unsinkified ones. For that i will post a photo of the yellow protest that i joined last year at the govt house.

IMG_0116.jpg

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

.........................:biggrin:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
No.

like that also can..

why dun u blame raffles for founding modern singapore.. without him spore may just remain a small fishing village under malaysia.. all these would never have happen:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://shyhjie.blogspot.com/2007/10/hidden-tiger.html

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 02, 2007

Hidden Tiger
I just called Tiger Airways; I've already lost count the number of times that I called.

Their customer service is really sucky. Budget airlines really budget on their service.

The problem went all the way back to August when Wai San attempted to change our flight from Udon Thani to Singapore the night before the scheduled flight.

He's in Beijing while I am in Singapore so there was no way we would be utilizing the flight.

Don't ask me why we did it the very last minute; I like to know why as well.

Anyway he encountered the error message which reminded us NOT to attempt any modifications to our booking. So we obediently followed the instruction. and I waited until the next day to contact Tiger Airways.

By then the booking was already forfeited. The call centre wasn't really helpful; they could only advise me to direct my complaint to the Commercial Affiars Department.

So I tried to utilize my persuasive writing and came up with this:

8th August 2007

Customer Relations Officer-in-charge

Commercial Services Department

Tiger Airways Pte Ltd
Changi Airport Post Office
PO Box 82
Singapore 918143

Dear Sir/Madam,

I’m Chong Shyh Jie and this is my second time using Tiger Airways. The previous time was in April 2006 on my trip to Hanoi. It had been a pleasant experience flying with Tiger Airways and it was really unfortunate that I ran into problems in changing my booking this time round.

I had originally purchased two tickets for the flight TR163 on 7th August 2007 between Udon Thani and Singapore on 17 June 2007. The booking reference is E82SCN. However due to last minute changes in our travel plans, my friend Mr Lam Wai San attempted to change our tickets at approximately 2230 hrs (Singapore Time) on 6th August 2007 on the Tiger Airways website.

After selecting a new date (1st January 2008) for the same sector and clicking the CONTINUE option, he was shown the page which stated an error had occurred. A case number of TR01116593892 was given and the error was supposedly reported at 20070807004739. The page also carried the warning of “Please DO NOT attempt to re-book your tickets.”

By that time, we could no longer call the Tiger Airways. I only could get through to the hotline on the next day at around 1000 hrs. By then the ticket had already been forfeited and I was no longer able to change my booking.

One of your fare rules states that “Changes to the flight, date or route are accepted up to four hours prior to scheduled departure time and will be subject to an amendment fee per person per flight sector plus any applicable fare difference.” As the flight was scheduled on 1000 hrs (Singapore Time), the time at our attempt to change the booking was almost 12 hours before the actual flight. Hence we would not have forfeited our tickets and had changed our booking if the system error had not occurred.

Both Wai San and I believe that Tiger Airways will look into this matter thoroughly and carry out the necessary investigations. Our request is simple: we will like to transfer the TH 2,903 (~SGD 140) that we had already paid to cover for our next flights with Tiger Airways. You are able to contact me at 9114 3487 if you required more information regarding the incident. We hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your kind assistance and have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Chong Shyh Jie

I decided to give them a chance and waited until more than 21 working days later (as indicated on the website) before calling them up again on 20th September.

The lady on the other line Nora told me that someone would call me back the next day with a reply.

So I waited.

The whole of 21st September went by.

Pissed, I made another call on 22nd September.

Nora wasn't on duty and someone called Esther had to endure my complaint.

My displeasure grew as I talked to her about the problem; it seemed that she was very defensive and wanted me to get off her back.

Her reply was pretty standard: her department (in charge of call centre) had sent an email to CAD and all CAD did was to acknowledge that it had received my fax. She told me to wait a few more days for an official reply.

I hounded her down for an exact date; I could feel her irritation when she told me to just wait till the following Tuesday. Realizing that the conversation wasn't going anywhere, I decided to extend my patience to Tiger Airways again.

So today is exactly one week after the supposed Tuesday and what's new. Hence my latest phone call to the call centre again.

I was put on hold for about 20 minutes before speaking to another operator. She suggested that I call again tomorrow morning to speak directly to the managers.

I got the feeling that Tiger Airways was trying to wear down my persistence regarding this matter.

You can be assured; I will get definitely fight for a reasonable settlement

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/2009/04/28/the-angry-flyers-lounge-is-open/

My husband, his pensioner parents and I booked a Tiger Flight from Adelaide to Melbourne on 17th of November 2008 departing at 0725. We arrived at the airport to find the flight had been cancelled, they had not notified us despite having our 2 phone numbers, postal address and email address. Tigers ‘Conditions of Carriage’ state that if flight details change they will make every effort to contact the passengers, this obviously didn’t happen.

There were no Tiger staff at the airport to advise us what to do next, our only option was to call their Melbourne office, the number had been provided to us by an Adelaide Airport official. The official incidentally told us that they had been aware of the cancellation for over one week. We were among 40 others who were stranded. The Melbourne office of Tiger didn’t open until 9am EST, we were stranded at the airport at 6am Adelaide time. We had no option but to buy tickets on another carriers flight to Melbourne at premium airport prices.

My family had to spend $200 each to fly with Qantas nearly 3 hours after we were supposed to have departed with Tiger.

After several attempts we did manage to get through on the Tiger phone line to be told that we would receive a refund for the Tiger flights and to contact Customer Relations to discuss further refund options for the Qantas tickets. They refused to offer a reason as to why the flight had been cancelled or why we had not been notified. We have received the refund for the Tiger tickets.

We have since contacted Tiger on numerous occasions via letter and fax to discuss this matter requesting to get a refund for the Qantas tickets we had to purchase at the airport. After 4 months we received a written response which did not address any of our questions and did not even have a representatives name on it. We have received extremely poor service from Tiger and would not recommend them to anyone. They claim to be a budget carrier but in our experience they ended up costing us a lot more money.

We are still pursuing Tiger for the refund of our out of pocket expenses

That is what happen when you book from a sinkie airline, you wasted more money.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://colala11.wordpress.com/2008/10/16/tiger-airways-sucks/

Tiger Airways SUCKS!!!!

Cola is going to Ban Tiger Airways – the world’s most tooppiest AIRLINE.

They charge for luggage. And when I tried to call the call-center (that me and J suspect never existed) to buy luggage space that I did not purchase earlier during time of booking, NO ONE PICKED UP THE PHONE.. LIKE FOREVER! I was on hold for 30mins, listening to irriating music and stupid pre-recorded message that I can memorise liao..

There’s only 2 ways now. 1 is to continue to call the bardy-toopid call center and hope someone will finally answer and 2 is to purchase the luggage on the date of check-in (more expensive).

不甘愿 not getting an agent to talk to me, I even resorted to calling up their Australian Call-Center. This is worst - I hung up after 2 mins. This ang-mor man’s voice over the pre-recorded system just blabber and blabber this one and only phrase in Australian Slang. He was speaking so fast like a machine gun. Uber irriating and I’m sure my ears will explode if I continue to hold. *Argh.. Pull hair*

I further conclude that Tiger Airways DO NOT HAVE ANY WORKING STAFF after reading this from their Website:

“We are aware that our local call centre number has been experiencing high demand due to the fantastic response to our low low fares. Please be assured that we are working on increasing the capacity by putting in additional infrastructure, however this may take some time so please be patient with us. “

Simply put :

THERE WILL NOT BE ANYONE ANSWERING THE PHONE. DON’T WASTE TIME.

“Tiger Airways wants to provide quality service to our customers through meaningful correspondence instead of casual e-mail responses. We believe our customers deserve professional and well thought out responses to their concerns and that is why we put so much effort into researching and investigating our correspondence with you ( WTF?Just get a blardy agent to answer the phone and there won’t be a need to research and investigate what correspondence???!! Dun geddit..) We answer the letters (Letter?! Who writes letter now??) we receive in the order that they arrive wherever possible, with our best efforts to the matter concerned and whoever the person involved. There may be times where a delay in response is unavoidable because detailed investigations need to be carried out on your enquiry.

This helps to keep our service level to customers high while keeping our costs low which translates to lower fares.

Please also note that proof of postage does not indicate proof of receipt. “

SIMPLY PUT :

PLEASE DON’T BOTHER TO EMAIL / CALL / FAX / SNAIL MAIL TO US. WE DO NOT HAVE ANYONE WORKING.

SO BLARDY LAME AND CRAPPY!!!!!

WTF is wrong with this AIRLINE?! Might as well close down and don’t do business!!!!!!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.buckscoop.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=8013&page=3

Don't make me start talking about Tiger Airways Australia.... The WORST airlne I have been on - EVER in my life. 4 trips with them made me not want to fly with them ever again.
Those malaysians who are usually cabin supervisors don't even speak english properly - so talk about airline safety when you can't even understand the safety messages and instructions! Leg room is adequate for a midget and a 60 year old grandma sells you your $10 sandwich. Are just these three things not proof that they are dodgy? If you have the money to fly with a classier airline - even Jetstar, then do so.

DO NOT FLY TIGER AIRWAYS ON THE ROUTE OF MEL-PER ESPECIALLY IF IT IS OVERNIGHT. Talk about your body hurting all over after trying to sleep in whY class of those seats.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

--------------------:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.nocustomerservice.com.au/BROWSE/liststory.asp?storyId=765

I have booked Tickets from Singapore to Chennai (date of journey 21 December (Ref: QGREAG booked on 15 May), However had to postponed the flight to 22nd December (changed on 14th July) as my connecting flight from Darwin to Singapore was postponed by tiger airways. (Ticket details and email (AFLRBA) saying that flight from Darwin to Singapore was postponed due to operational changes). I tried to convince to customer service that it was due to thierr operational changes, but couldn’t succeed. I was forced to pay the difference on phone otherwise I will loose my flight and fares from Singapore to Chennai.

Again Tiger cancelled all his flights from Darwin Airport from 25th October; I have to forfeit Jet star return ticket from Melbourne to Darwin on 21st Dec and returning back on 27th Jan, due to cancellation of thier flights. I requested them to give a return ticket from Melbourne to Perth as it is extra charges which are incurred on me due to thierr flight cancellation. As per the Australian consumer forum and Tribunal “The financial loses beared by the consumer’s are the responsibility of the company “. They were least bothered and I have to buy a return tickets from Mel to perth through tiger airways.

According to Tiger fare condition( Flight Cancellations And Schedule Changes) "In the the event that your Tiger Airways flight is cancelled we will reschedule you on the next available Tiger Airways flight, free of charge."
Tiger has decided to cancel the all flights in furture from darwin airport so no rescheduling is not possible from darwin,so passengers travelling from darwin are entitled to claim compensation.
Again according to Tiger (Flight Cancellations And Schedule Changes in website)"Tiger Airways does not compensate, reimburse or provide tickets for travel on other airlines and takes no responsibility whatsoever should a cancellation cause you to miss a connection to another flight"
I am not sure becuase those who are flying to reach darwin from diffrent airlines to catch tiger airways to reach Singapore what happened to them "isTiger is not entitled to pay their fares as they are not missing their connection flight but original flight of Tiger airlines".

Tiger must be made to pay for misleading and causing troubles to Passsengers for their wrong doing.Tiger advertises cheaper fares that doesn't mean that it will not be up to the expectation of people, People are paying them according to the fares they have demanded but later if thing goes wrong they cry that are budget and cannot meet people expectation. Customers must be protected for ill treated on this airlines.

With regards

Pradeep chandak

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:biggrin: