• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boycott Tiger Airways

Boycott Tiger Airways

• Total voters

AfterTimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
"corners may be cut while the reputation of Singapore in increasingly as a high cost low service destination not suited to tourists, and this is exacerbated by the abysmal performance of Tiger Airways."

How true but what do you expect? This is what our government is. :-)

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"corners may be cut while the reputation of Singapore in increasingly as a high cost low service destination not suited to tourists, and this is exacerbated by the abysmal performance of Tiger Airways."

How true but what do you expect? This is what our government is. :-)

It is the sinkies that allow a govt to behave like that. The sinkies can stop them but they don't.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

take this poll.. Is CB Kia tonychat a

a) loser who got jilted by spore gf and thus hate all things spore?
b) poorly educated ex-convict who cannot find a decent job in spore?
c) depends on the earnings of his thai ladyboy prostitute gf?
d) fat, ugly with a tiny weeney?
e) all of the above.:eek::biggrin:

:oIo::oIo: fuck off and die.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::cool::cool::cool:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
CB Kia tonychat,

I choose all the above!! Plus Tonycunt is a Toyboy of Sondhi Limtongkul

What a f**k poll on Tiger air!! No unbaised choice given. Not that I support Tiger Air or not, at least good and bad choices should be given!!.

This idiot Tonycunt, must be a running dog of the Thai PAD!! So typical behaviour similar to the Thai PAD dogs!!

eErotica696969696969

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

I choose all the above!! Plus Tonycunt is a Toyboy of Sondhi Limtongkul

What a f**k poll on Tiger air!! No unbaised choice given. Not that I support Tiger Air or not, at least good and bad choices should be given!!.

This idiot Tonycunt, must be a running dog of the Thai PAD!! So typical behaviour similar to the Thai PAD dogs!!

eErotica696969696969

just up u my humble points.. as promised in my signature..:biggrin:

That CB Kia tonychat talk so much negative things about spore, but refuses to give up pink IC.. what a pussy..:biggrin:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
just up u my humble points.. as promised in my signature..:biggrin:

That CB Kia tonychat talk so much negative things about spore, but refuses to give up pink IC.. what a pussy..:biggrin:

Bro, thanks for upping me. Acutally didn't see your signature. :smile:

Anyway this Thai PAD dog pissed me!! Stupid poll talk through his arse hole!!

eErotica696969696969

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Need to cheat in order to get business? What a loser.

Tiger to face scrutiny for “free” tickets?

http://www.crikey.com.au/2009/05/08/...-free-tickets/

Singapore-owned Tiger Airways could get skinned by the ACCC over its sale of 30,000 FREE tickets last month that came with a cash price and were advertised contrary to the rules against component pricing.

The ACCC says it will neither confirm nor deny any inquiries or actions it may take.

But it did provide clear guidance over the issue of pricing goods or services by their parts in a manner which may deceive, mislead or misrepresent what was on offer, and pointed out that a further tightening of section 53C of the Trade Practices Act comes into effect on 25 May.

Airlines selling domestic flights in Australia must already prominently display a single price inclusive of GST and all other taxes or levies that is the minimum total cost of the fare between one place and another.

They must not quote an upper and lower range of fares, but one fare which allows consumers to make a ready comparison of competing offers.

Tiger broke that rule between 24 April and 27 April by advertising the fares as FREE in the largest type face in the text of its offer and alongside two equally sized but smaller figures of $22.08 and $35.13 (plus convenience fee*) each way.

Those figures were the range of additional charges plus the unavoidable credit card fee of $5 that represented airport charges and the GST component varying with the origin and destination of the FREE fare.

Even though FREE isn’t a monetary amount it is a representation of the price as being $0.00. The component prices displayed by Tiger were contrary to the rules that its competitor airlines have obeyed for seven years.

And selling something for money when it claimed to be FREE is misleading or deceptive advertising at the most fundamental level.

Is this all too trivial? Not if the law means anything, or if FREE really means $0.00 each way.

Tiger would have collected revenues of at least $812,400 and probably just over $1 million from the FREE sale.

Now that Tiger has emerged from the shadows with serious intent in terms of a massive expansion into the domestic market misleading and illegal pricing seems a matter requiring action.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/tiger-airways-singapore-c182455.html

Tiger Airways Singapore
Posted: 2009-03-26 by selva
Very Very Pathetic Service
Complaint Rating:
Company information:
Employed
Singapore

There is literally NO CUSTOMER SERVICE provided by Tiger Airways.
There are no offices/branches information in the web site.

There is only one call center number provided, which is always continously engaged, which leads to suspicion if the line is active or some one has just kept the phone on. Im unable to get the line itself for the past TWO days. Today I was able to get the line but literally had to wait for more than 30 minutes only to lose patience and cut the telephone.

There is no online feedback form available. I wonder it would be pouring in which they could not control and manage and hence would have removed the feedback form itself. The only way to make a complaint is to write a letter and fax it to them. They say in the web site that, "they want to be professional". How more can I describe than saying that, this Tiger is a coward, hiding behind always. VERY VERY COWARDICE!!!

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

...........................:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Running an airline till it get sue. Close shop lah..

Deaf passengers sue Tiger Airways for discrimination

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20906607-5006790,00.html

Sat, Apr 12, 2008
The Straits Times

CANBERRA - FOUR deaf air passengers from Melbourne have launched a discrimination case against Tiger Airways for not allowing them to travel without a qualified carer.

The four lodged the complaint with the Australian government's anti-discrimination watchdog agency after a representative of Tiger Airways Australia told them that they could not make an interstate flight without a care provider who could hear.

The Herald Sun newspaper reported yesterday the four were eventually permitted to take their seats on the March 4 flight but a flight attendant told them they would not be allowed to fly alone again on the airline.

The flight attendant wrote on a piece of paper that the group required a carer on the plane because of their 'deafness', local reports said.
But airline spokesman Matt Hobbs denied that the airline had any such policy, and said he was investigating the complaint.

Mr Hobbs, Tiger Airways Australia's head of corporate communications, said the cabin manager had written the four a note saying: 'In future, so you know, you'll need to travel with a carer for safety reasons.'

'We're clarifying with all staff that deaf people do not require a carer to travel with them,' Mr Hobbs said, adding that he could not explain the widespread misunderstanding within his company.

'We are apologetic and very sorry that the people involved in this feel in any way that they've been discriminated against or upset by this in any way,' he said.

Australia's disability discrimination commissioner Graeme Innes said the problem was not limited to Tiger, the Herald-Sun reported.

Talking to Sky News, Mr Innes acknowledged that there have been 'endemic problems in airlines over the past few years where people with disabilities have been refused carriage because of their disability'.

'The introduction of low- cost airlines has been one of the reasons,' he said.

Mr Innes said these carriers often applied unnecessarily strenuous or zealous interpretations of airline safety regulations and their staff were not trained well enough.

'What you get sometimes are individual decisions which are outside airline policies,' he said.

In 2006, Virgin Blue was forced to back down over its policy requiring wheelchair- bound passengers to be accompanied by a carer.

Last week, Mr Innes co-chaired a forum with Mr Bill Shorten, Parliamentary Secretary for Disabilities Services, on the treatment of disabled people by airlines.

Mr Shorten said the government was concerned that discrimination was taking place 'in the name of safety'.

'The reality is most people with impairment can understand (safety) instructions and fly,' he added.

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

...........................:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkies are not first world enough to run an airline in a REAl first world country.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20906607-5006790,00.html

Tiger Airways refuses to board disabled passenger
Font Size:biggrin:ecreaseIncreasePrint Page:Print
By Flora Liveris | December 11, 2006

Article from: Northern Territory News
A NORTHERN Territory family's dream holiday has been left in tatters after not being allowed to board a Tiger Airways flight from Darwin to Singapore because their daughter is disabled.

Savvas and Irini Maillis were taking their four children on a month-long holiday to Greece, but could not board the Tiger Airways flight on Saturday.

They have now lost about $15,000 in airfares, transfers and accommodation.

Their daughter Artemis said the family got special permission to board the budget airline flight with her disabled sister, but as they were about to board the plane they were told they could not go on.

"We weren't allowed to board the flight,'' Artemis, 24, said.

"We had checked in and were told not to expect any help from the staff, but we said that was ok.

"We went through customs and were all ready to board the plane and then a man stopped us and said we couldn't go on.

"We told him that we had special permission from Tiger Airways in Singapore, and he said even if we did have the ok from the airline, the captain does whatever he likes.

"If we knew that we weren't allowed to travel we would have made other arrangements - now we've lost $15,000.''

The family had their travel agent contact Tiger Airways in Singapore in September and write a letter confirming that Anastasia could board the flight.

The letter says: "I spoke to Sarah from the Tiger Air office in Singapore ... who stated that providing Anastasia has assistance from the people that she is travelling with and does not require assistance from Tiger Air personnel she will be fine to travel on board the flight.''

Artemis said the airport staff made the family demonstrate that Anastasia could walk in front of all the passengers.

"The man said, 'why don't you leave your sister here and you all still go','' Artemis said.

"We asked to talk to the captain, but he didn't even come out - he didn't even see my sister.

"The man then asked what's wrong with my sister ... she has been crying all weekend, just because she can't talk, doesn't mean that she doesn't understand.

"They accept wheelchairs on the plane, but they don't accept the people.

"They treated us like garbage, like we were clowns.''

The Maillis' were told by Tiger Airways that they could not get a, refund and if they wanted their money back they would have to go to court.

A Tiger Airways spokesperson in Singapore said last night it was "unfortunate'' and would investigate the matter further.

"The truth is at this point our planes are not wheelchair friendly,'' she said.

The spokesperson then added: "We do have a policy that if the passengers themselves can actively assist the disabled person on to the plane and everything is sorted out, it is up to the travellers, that's our policy.''

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When a sinkie cannot earn money and run a business and still want face, they start to cheat.

http://boards.bootsnall.com/beware-...l?sid=fb17a9a519122ff5e1d9a211872b9db0#p15763

BEWARE: AIG Insurance and Tiger Airways Trick

[Sorry to post this in both the Asia and Australasian sections but it is relevant for both]

In a cheap and thoroughly disrespectful way of making money from their customers, AIG Insurance with the obvious blessing of Tiger Airways has commenced fooling people into taking out insurance that they may not want.

Here's how it works: contrary to expected practice, best practice, fair trading practice and the law as it relates to insurance, the Tiger Airways site requires you to actively opt-out of the insurance option. So if you miss clicking the button which says "No, I don't want insurance" then you pay. What a sad little scheme this is. Having missed (as I think many will) the necessity to click the button and having realised that I had purchased something that I did not want, I immediately contacted Tiger Airways and AIG. This was a mammoth effort in itself as they seem to be intentionally hiding their contact details. And don't just try replying to their confirmation e-mail. It bounces.

Once you locate an email address, do not expect anything close to reasonable service or response. I have asked them to forward the letter to the AIG and Tiger Airways Boards but they refuse to confirm that they have done this despite 5 requests. One can only assume that they have not forwarded my complaint.

On the substantive issue of tricking people into insurance, their eventual response denying my right to cancel the unwanted policy included the utterly disingenuous "The insurance option check box is pre-checked in order to maximize convenience for our customers". It is only really convenient for the companies involved. I am having difficulty in establishing where I experienced the "convenience" in all of this.

I, personally, won't be booking any more flights with Tiger Airways until they and AIG insurance change their internet sales practices. Additionally, I am pursuing the matter with regulatory authorities in Singapore and Australia.

Very smart choice my friend - tonychat

You have been warned.
mattnsuzi
Thorn Tree Refugee

Tags: scams, insurance, travel insurance, aig, tiger airways

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Warning! Do Not Fly Tiger Airways!, NO Customer Service! You have been warned.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Warning-Fly-Tiger-Airways-t242593.html&st=25&start=25

After I made my previous post I took the Op's advice and did search online for feedback. There are many complaints, and many of them are very similar to the Ops. These include web site errors requiring subsequent contact with non-contactable call centres, no response to complaint letters, etc etc. These complaints appear to date back to the time the airline started flying.

It is correct that there is no email address provided anywhere in their web site. On their 'contact us' page it states the following:

Tiger Airways wants to provide quality service to our customers through meaningful correspondence instead of casual e-mail responses. We believe our customers deserve professional and well thought out responses to their concerns and that is why we put so much effort into researching and investigating our correspondence with you. We answer the letters we receive in the order that they arrive wherever possible, with our best efforts to the matter concerned and whoever the person involved. There may be times where a delay in response is unavoidable because detailed investigations need to be carried out on your enquiry.

Really. What an insincere load of hogwash. If, as the previous poster & others have suggested, you shouldn't expect to be able to contact them as they are a budget airline - then they should come out as say as much (obviously putting a nice spin on it - but at least being truthful).

How much for a web site that is maintained and errors promptly corrected? (thus reducing the demand on call centres). How much for a call queuing system that works? For staff who are trained to respond efficiently and courteously? I don't think expecting these business basics to be provided is asking the world - not even for a budget airline.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.asiaone.com/Travel/News/Story/A1Story20090401-132553.html

Luggage of 20 Tiger Airways' passengers left behind in S'pore

[top photo: Ms Ye faced a difficult time battling the cold in Guangzhou after her luggage was left behind at Changi Airport]

20 TIGER Airways passengers landed in Guangzhou last month without their check-in luggage, reported the Shin Min Daily News.

Left behind at Changi Airport, the luggage only arrived a day after the flight.

The Chinese daily reported on Monday that without their bags and cold wear, some flyers on the flight from Singapore also fell ill in the 10 degrees Celsius weather.

The affected passengers were on flight TR 986, which left Changi Airport's Budget Terminal in the early morning of February 17 and arrived at Guangzhou Bai Yun International Airport at around 10am.

50-year-old Ms Ye, one of the passengers, said she spent an hour waiting at the baggage claim area. She found out later from an inquiry counter that her luggage was left behind in Changi and would only arrive the next day.

She remarked that some 20 others were in a similar predicament.

Ms Ye was left without her cold wear, which she had packed inside her check-in bag, and had to brave the 10 degrees Celsius weather on a trip to the hotel and around the city for her purchasing business.

She managed to retrieve the delayed luggage the next day, but had already caught a cold and had to endure the discomfort till her return to Singapore on February 20.

Response from Tiger Airways

Upon her return, Ms Ye and her son lodged a complaint with Tiger Airways, hoping to obtain an explanation.

But according to Ms Ye, the service staff only furnished them with the company's address and phone numbers, and did not want to offer further assistance. This is what i call sinkie service.

She said this was not the first time the budget airline has mishandled baggage. On a return flight from China last year, the baggage was also left behind and only returned a few days later

In an interview with Shin Min, a spokesperson from Tiger Airways acknowledged that the incident did happen, and said that arrangements were promptly made to deliver the luggage the next day.

Investigations have been carried out, and harsh punishments were meted out to the staff responsible, said the spokesperson.

According to airline policy, passengers whose baggage is delayed by more than six hours can receive a $100 compensation, for the purchase of necessities. All compensation claims must be accompanied with receipts, said Tiger Airways.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://news.carrentals.co.uk/tiger-airways-refuses-refund-for-non-existent-flight-3424563.html

Tiger Airways refuses refund for non existent flight

Posted on: January 9th, 2009 by Peter Headley

After it refused to issue a full refund to a Melbourne customer for a non-existent flight, Tiger Airways has been the object of negative publicity around the region.

Bernama, Malaysia’s official news agency, reported that Rebecca Thorpe had booked a seat on a Tiger Airways flight from Hobart to Melbourne on 15 December, and arrived 90 minutes in advance of the departure.

The Hobart airport Tiger Airways desk did not open and she became concerned.

“I checked the schedule and the flight didn’t exist,” Thorpe said.

Tiger Airways had charged her A$87 for the flight to Melbourne. As she needed to return to work and had no way to contact the carrier before 9:00am, she purchased a one-way ticket on a Jetstar flight for A$100, in order to return to Melbourne.

Eventually Tiger offered Thorpe a partial refund of A$24 on her A$87 ticket.

The disgruntled customer took her complaint to Consumer Affairs Victoria and is now intending to pursue the reimbursement of all costs through the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

Thanks to www.travelmole.com for the above quotes, for more information on this article please visit their website.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

.................................:cool:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When you buy a service from a sinkie, that is what you get.

http://forums.mactalk.com.au/8/44844-my-tiger-airway-experience-first-last.html

My Tiger Airway experience. First and last.

I was slated to be on the 2135 tiger airways flight from perth last night towards singapore.

TR717.

When I arrived at the airport, I was told by a member of the staff that the flight was delayed till 2335.

Thus, I went for dinner.

I was back at the counter at 2135, 2 hrs before departure. Check in counter was closed.

hung about till 2230, panicked, went around looking for help.

Couldnt find any tiger airways staff around the counter.

in desperation, approached staff from qantas, singapore airlines asking for help.

Got told by a nice lady from Qantas that they all packed up and left. At this point of time, it was about 2240.

To my horror, at 2300, the "delayed" sign on the giant board turned into BOARDING.

But there was I, with my luggage, not checked in, with no staff to help me.

Ate my hat in fustration.

No choice, returned home.

Call tiger first thing in the morning. Full of waits, no definite answer, no one could tell me what exactly happened. Gave up trying, decided to head to the airport where I could speak to someone and not a machine.

At the airport.
Instead of having a sympathizing customer service officer on the other end, I was dealing with a bloke who was incessantly and unnecessarily rude to me.Ahha... You got the taste of the Sinkie Behavior

Half way thru our discussion, he actually walked away. He kept repeating in a very harsh tone, that the only way that I was going to get on the next flight was if I bought a new ticket right there and then.

When I asked him why the counter was closed 2hrs prior to departure, he got angry and denied that the counter was close and that he was at the counter.

When I offered to look for the nice Qantas and SQ staff who could verify his absence, he got really really offended and told me in "I dont need anyone from Qantas to tell me that I was at work." and promptly walked away from us again.

When I approached another staff member requesting to speak to another supervisor, I got told that the rude bloke i spoke to was the highest ranking officer at the counter and that there was NO ONE else i could speak too.

At this point of time, I was left with no flight, no answers as to why the check in was closed 2 hrs before flight, no more energy to pursue the matter further.

Packed up, headed home.

tiger airways is a budget airline, knowing full well of that, I expect certain compromises on my part. However, the level of professionalism and customer service shown in the past 24 hours is just shocking.

Yes, the flights are cheap, but this first experience of mine left a very sour taste in my mouth.
I will be taking an SQ plane tomorrow and writing into the regional headquaters in Singapore regarding this incident.
I have also been advised by my friends here to approach the ACCC.

This is the first time this sort of thing ever happened to me.

I arrive at 4 hours before departure and yet the plane managed to leave before me.
Is it normal nor logical to not have any staff on the ground 1 hr before any flight?
The Qantas lady told me that they arnt suppose to leave the check in counter till half hour before the flight, yet, there was no one there.

In addition to me, there was a chap from malaysia who is in the exact same shoes as I am.
I have taken his flight details and both of us will be writing in.

Last edited: