• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boycott Tiger Airways

Boycott Tiger Airways

• Total voters

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let's vote here to support the boycott of tiger airways, a PAP sinkie airline that produce shit for customers.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's vote here to support the boycott of tiger airways, a PAP sinkie airline that produce shit for customers.

CB Kia tonychat,

take this poll.. Is CB Kia tonychat a

a) loser who got jilted by spore gf and thus hate all things spore?
b) poorly educated ex-convict who cannot find a decent job in spore?
c) depends on the earnings of his thai ladyboy prostitute gf?
d) fat, ugly with a tiny weeney?
e) all of the above.:eek::biggrin:

:oIo::oIo: fuck off and die.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let me post one of my knowledge of Tiger Airways here.

During the closure of the bangkok airport last year. Jetstar and airasia set up a rescue flight at utapao airport near pattaya for their customers. Tiger Airways?? Nothing. Worse still, NO refund for those customers even promise is made.

That is the first time i learnt of a business that is high profile, still in operation after promises are broken.

Be careful with this airline.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
More related articles:

http://mathaba.net/news/?x=619863

Call to Ban Tiger Airways from Australia, ANZAC Offense
Posted: 2009/04/24

Tiger Airways arguably qualifies as the world's worst "low-cost"airline, with the real costs due to cancellations without notification and other illegal practices with resulting high risks to travelers, making it's title as a low-cost airline disputable, according to Australian travel affairs editor at this news network.

Australians are complaining in increasing numbers, and calls for an investigation and banning of the airline as well as highly punitive fines in order to show Australia is not "fair game" for unscrupulous operators, and to send a message to other airlines to respect Australian consumer rights.

The web is awash with countless stories of bad customer service, rip offs, illegal and immoral practices by Tiger Airways, which have also called into question the very reputation of Singapore as a "clean" business location.

The latest upset comes in a Crikey Editorial concerning Tiger Airways illegal use of ANZAC Day for its commercial benefit, and the grubby performance of it's Australian Managing director who appears to be living on a different planet from the rest of us.

However, we would hope that any efforts to take Tiger Airways to task do not rest on individual and specific cases but address the whole pattern of behavior by the company and that the airline is banned from Australian skies. The liberalization of Australian airspace, unpopular with many Australians, should not come at the cost to Australians in their safety, comfort, cost, well-being and acceptable levels of customer service.

Mathaba News is in possession of numerous evidence and significant complaints against Tiger Airways that have been ignored and invite the public to supply further detailed and comprehensive information of bookings changes without notification, ignored correspondence and related matters for our files, to assist in the campaign to ban this rogue airline from Australian skies.

We are also collecting donations toward increased advertising to be shown in various countries calling for a ban of the airline, with links to related information, as well as possible legal actions. $A20 already buys 10,000 advertisements, and any amount is acceptable and will be used to purchase extra advertising and exposure of Tiger Airways malpractices.

Related News:

a) Tiger Airways' ANZAC Day rip-off exposed
b) Bad Service From Tiger Airways - A Letter From An Unhappy Customer

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://mathaba.net/news/?x=618805

Tiger Airways Flies in the Face of Singapore
Posted: 2009/03/19

Mathaba news can reveal that numerous sources and an investigation by our news network has shown a pattern of sub-zero customer service and mis treatment of passengers by the airline.

Customers hoping to either make a booking or to attempt to complain about serious mis treatment by the airline are held in an endless phone loop listening to a recording saying that Tiger Airways is "center of Asia Pacific aviation's low cost airline of the year" without giving information as to where such a seemingly fraudulent claim emenates.

Our investigators have also caught out the airline cheating its advertisers - including Hertz Rent-a-Car - by placing advertising in a location that is not visible to the most common browsing window size, whilst allowing a slither of clickable area to appear immediately to the left of the scroll bar.

This is a well known trick used by some unscrupulous web masters to generate false clicks which concealing the ad from view, as many people aiming for the narrow windows scroll bar to move down the page erroneously hit the ad which is placed in this forbidden position. Reputable web advertising agencies such as ads.heyu.net ban any web site found to use such practices, and monitor the display of ads on their network to prevent such abuse.

The DoubleClick agency handles Tiger Airways advertising income, with both the agency and Tiger Airways earning roughly 50% each from the advertisers which are being cheated by the airline with its unscrupulous methods of generating false clicks whilst concealing the advertisement.

Mathaba News Agency contacted the airline to inform them about this practice and no action was taken, although Tiger Airways had promised to have a senior manager contact the agency to address our complaints.

The Editor of IMTnews.com purchased a ticket at Chinese New Year from Manila to Singapore, and the next day Tiger Airways canceled and reversed the confirmed booking without informing neither the payee nor the passenger. The passenger was forced to purchase a new ticket at higher cost in cash at Manila Clark airport far from the city, in order to fly.

The Australian St George Bank, reputed to be the leading business bank in Australia, expressed astonishment at the reversal since the booking took place via their secure system which uses the very latest and most advanced security technology, which our ICT Editor says is vastly superior to that used by Tiger Airways.

The editor who has travelled 59 countries on countless airlines told Mathaba that in all his 45 years he had never had a similar experience of the reversal of a sale, moreover without informing either payee or passenger via SMS nor Email about the reversal. Instead, the happless passenger was told at the check-in counter at Manila's Clark airport that "your ticket is fraudulent, if you want to fly you have to buy a new one."

Calling the various international and national call centre numbers of Tiger Airways results in being cut off or having to listen to the endless self-congratulating loop recording for durations from over half an hour without answer to being cut of several times after from only a few minutes to 15 minutes.

The Singapore number was constantly engaged, presumably from irate former passengers for the airline, which sources in the tourism and travel industry have told Mathaba has a bad reputation for not being able to handle or not wishing to answer callers.

Other complaints include booking elderly into the emergency exit seats who then have to rebook without compensation for fare difference, and misplacing frequent fliers who book the extra leg space room again without compensation. Apologies from the airline are also not forthcoming.

With the western economic collapse and Singapore having banked on the (western) banking system, corners may be cut while the reputation of Singapore in increasingly as a high cost low service destination not suited to tourists, and this is exacerbated by the abysmal performance of Tiger Airways.

Tiger Airways as well as others with information relevant to conducting an investigation and possible legal action against the Airline, are invited to contact Mathaba News via our contact form: http://www.mathaba.net/contact.shtml

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

:oIo::oIo::oIo:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
So hard to get through to Tiger Airways' hotline

IN EARLY February, I booked nine tickets to Kuala Lumpur on the Tiger Airways website to depart on April 10. I made two separate group bookings. The ticket prices were very good. However, I cannot say the same for the service provided by Tiger Airways.
Five days before departure to Kuala Lumpur, one of my friends in the group had to undergo an emergency operation for appendicitis. He was thus unable to travel with us.
I called the Tiger Airways call centre countless times to change the flight date, but to no avail. I wanted to make the changes online, but since my friend's booking was under a group of five, I was not sure how to do this without affecting the rest of us in the group.
I sent a fax to Tiger Airways, with details on my friend's plight and asking for someone to call us as soon as possible. There was no reply.
There is a phone number on the Tiger Airways website to call if there are urgent matters, but no one answered the phone.
As a last resort, on the day of our departure, I requested help from the service counter at the Budget Terminal. I was told I could make amendments on the spot. However, I had to submit the new travel date there and then, which I could not do as I needed to consult my friend.
Frustrated, I cancelled two of the bookings for my friend and his wife.
I hope Tiger Airways can improve the management of its call centre. Heavy traffic of phone calls is common at major organisations, but I have never experienced such frustration with other call centres.
Keeping costs down to provide cheaper air travel should not come at the expense of service quality. Vijeya Kumar Govindan

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When winning travel vouchers may not be a good thing

HAVING recently won a pair of Tiger Airways travel vouchers for a return trip to Kuala Lumpur in a radio contest, I decided to book the flights online to travel one weekend in August.
The terms and conditions on the vouchers stated that bookings must be made by April 30, which is when the vouchers expire.
After many unsuccessful attempts to book seats online, I received a message that the vouchers were either invalid, expired or not in use anymore, so I decided to call the Tiger Airways customer service hotline.
After more than an hour of being put on hold, I finally managed to speak to a customer service officer.
After I explained my predicament, he tried to book the tickets and managed to do so.
For his services booking the tickets, he said I would have to pay a service fee of $100, excluding taxes, which I found ridiculous.
What is the point of winning free travel vouchers if I have to pay for a service I could do myself?
Despite twice sending faxes to seek clarification from Tiger Airway's customer service department, I have yet to receive a response.
Can the management of Tiger Airways comment on this? Kamsinah Nasir (Mdm)

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

CB Kia tonychat, i support your thread huh ok :biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Be extra careful with all their cheapskate promotions: in the end, you get screwed more.

This is the post found here: http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=3810

Cheap, cheap deals to have fun through Tiger air.

4-cent tickets to commemorate Tiger Airway's 4th anniversary

Four-cent flight tickets to celebrate a roaring fourth anniversary.

Local budget airline Tiger Airways is offering 100,000 seats at a special four-cent single-trip fare, applicable to popular destinations like Phuket, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Chennai, Guangzhou, and Macau.

The promotion is valid for travel between October 1, 2008 to March 28, 2009, and tickets must be purchased between September 8 and 14.

The four-cent deal also covers flights from Singapore to Padang, Bangalore, Shenzhen, Haikou, Hanoi, and Ho Chi Minh City.

Still wait for what - www.tigerairways.com. ( wait for kenna CONNED???? NO WAY!!!)

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
IF airline is loss making , then still operate for what. To allow others to check out how shit operates?

http://business.theage.com.au/business/tiger-hides-the-colour-of-its-stripes-20080817-3x3x.html
Tiger hides the colour of its stripes
Scott Rochfort
August 18, 2008
TIGER Airways continues to keep the wraps on the financial performance of its Australian operations, as the industry speculates the budget carrier has had losses into the tens of millions since it began domestic flights out of Melbourne last November.

Tiger's parent company last month sought a three-month extension to file its full-year financial accounts with Singaporean regulators, but financial information from the budget airline reveals its Australian arm lost about $S28 million ($A23 million) in its first four months of operation.
If true, this counters the constantly upbeat rhetoric of Tiger chief executive Tony Davis on the inroads it has made into Qantas-Jetstar and Virgin Blue's share of the domestic market.

The estimate was arrived at by reconciling the $S37.8 million profit reported by Tiger's Singapore operations two weeks ago and comments made by the chief executive of Tiger's main shareholder, Singapore Airlines.

"I can safely say that I am not betraying any confidence for FY 07-08. (Tiger Aviation's) profit came close to $S10 million," Chew Choon Seng told analysts at a profit briefing earlier this year. If so, Tiger Australia, Tiger's only operation outside Singapore, would have lost about $S28 million for the period.

There are suspicions Tiger Australia's losses this financial year could have deepened, with oil prices surging as much as 43% to a high of $US145 a barrel since the end of the March.

Tiger has declined to comment on the estimates.

"We will be coming out with the consolidated Tiger Aviation accounts when they are ready," a Tiger spokesman said.

Mr Hobbs said the extension Tiger sought from Singapore's Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority to file its accounts was due to a company restructure. This involved the formation of Tiger Aviation to act as holding company for all Tiger's operations in Singapore, Australia and its yet-to-be-launched Korea and Philippines franchises.

While Tiger is coy on stating whether it is making money, it is more forthcoming with less-sensitive information. This month, it boasted how its Australian and Singapore operations reported 73.7% passenger growth and a 58% rise in revenue in the year to June 30.

There are suspicions Tiger is under pressure from shareholders to lift its performance. A long-serving Singaporean Airlines executive was recently appointed Tiger's chief financial officer, prompting talk its 49% owner wants to keep a closer eye on the running of the airline. There is also speculation Tiger's other key shareholders, private equity firm Indigo Partners and Ireland's Ryan family, might be losing patience.

While Tiger's results may be some way away, Virgin Blue and Qantas are due to report their full-year results this week. They are expected to not only show a surge in fuel costs but a slowing in domestic demand.

While Qantas is expected to be hit by the slowing in high-yielding corporate traffic that comes with an economic slowdown, low-cost airlines such as Tiger could be in for a rougher ride. One problem is that low-cost carriers, which cram seats on to their planes to lower their cost-base, will be under greater pressure to fill those seats.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

looks like i am the only one supporting u..:biggrin:

no one poll or post.

failed thread:cool:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You can try calling tiger airways and timed it how long it picked up its call. Especially the section on problem solving. Not the buying of tickets.

It operates because the sinkie govt stupidly build a budget terminal in which no one is interested in using it so they need tiger to cover up their mistake.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Service confirm is lousy just like the 75% stupid chinks. When can i blow for you?

Fake yellow. Oh yes. You reminded me, it is because of the 75% sinkie chink that stupidly build a budget terminal in which no one is using and needs the fake tiger airline to cover their mistake

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB Kia tonychat,

:eek: CB Kia tonychat sucking yellow people's balls:eek:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071222074005AAIgNh6

Tiger Airways charged my credit card without issuing tickets and refused to refund me! What should I do?
I made online bookings for 4 tickets to BKK with Tiger airways in Oct. However, their website hanged halfway thru and there was no confirmation. I checked my email for any tickets and there was none, hence I proceeded to book with another airline.

However, when my credit card bill arrived, I was shocked that Tiger had charged my credit card even though there wasn't any confirmation or tickets issued.

Checked with Tiger Airways and they said that they were unsuccessful in emailing me the tickets as they had a technical problem at that time but still considered a 'confirmed booking'. I ended up with a total of 8 tickets now!!!

I requested Tiger many times for a refund and each time, their staffs would quote me their 'terms of carriage' and said 'there is nothing they can do' since there is a 'confirmed booking'.

The total cost charged was $936.

I approached CASE but they said I needed to pay for membership

What shld I do? Anyone with similar experiences pls share.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/archive/index.php/t-2336287.html

Due to the political unrest in BKK, i decided to call tiger airways to cancel my friday flight to BKK and refund me my air tickets fare. I waited 1 hr to get thru to the operators, and they told me they can't refund my tickets. They offered me 2 options.

1) change the flight dates up to maximum of 7 days.

2) change the destination and top up the fare difference.

if i don't choose either option, they'll forfeit my air ticket. Isn't it ridiculous? i bought the tickets in feb during the promotion period. If i change the destination, it will be based on current fare prices! they suggested i change to phuket. Fine, seems like a nice place. I was told i have to top up additional $400 bucks! They just offered me change of flight dates up to 7 days only. They assume that my gf and i can meet our busy schedules? Tiger airways is really disappointing. They're giving me options that i have to die die fly with them or else forfeit my tickets. Crap.. i paid for the tickets and i can't choose when i want to change my flights.

The best thing is i bought the AIG insurance travel protection plan. I asked them what is the insurance for if this kind of situation the insurance also don't come into place. The operator tell me DON'T KNOW! telling me AIG is a 3rd party company i should be asking them. WTH!

Bottom line, Tiger airways is really lousy. I'll never travel with tiger airways again.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.singaporebrides.com/forumboard/messages/4/304366.html?1208401518

TIGER AIRWAYS is a horrible lousy airline!

I'm recently pregnant and as such unable to go on hols to Macau via Tiger Airways as planned.

We emailed Tiger Airways for a refund. We're not asking back everything. Just the airport taxes to be refunded.

Guess what they say. They will only refund the Singapore Airport Tax of $21, but that's after u have to pay a cancellation fee of $30!

Then after further question on why the Macau airport tax is not refunded, they kept quiet for 1 entire month. After making us wait for 1 whole month without any reply, they finally replied, stating terms and conditions blah blah blah that the fare tickets are entirely non refundable and further more, we are not even allowed to cancel! Then the usual PR reply. They really take us as fools!

Well, they can forget about us taking Tiger Airways ever again! To avoid such an unpleasant experience with them, boycott them!!!!