• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not so good news. Raminta Bang Khen circle to Ramintra Soi 39 (4 KM mark) is to be avoided. No mentioned of water depth.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hehehe. Not many can handle this, including myself.

Regency of course cannot fight hennesy lah. But that's the only more commonly available brandy in LOS.

Do drink Tiger occasionally when kena the Tiger girl promoter Kong Tao. Think the Heineken and Tiger sao sao is better looking than other brands. :smile:

I normally have satho in my kitchen. I usually brew it myself but maid keep a look out on the quality every two days. Love it not too sweet so 10-12 days will be fine. Longer time will be too sweet. But sometimes whole batch screwed because of bad paeng (yeast).

I feel the worst tasting beer is the one with the equally worst name known to the Thais as something like Featherboy, see I can't even spell it. What do you guys think about this beer?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I normally have satho in my kitchen. I usually brew it myself but maid keep a look out on the quality every two days. Love it not too sweet so 10-12 days will be fine. Longer time will be too sweet. But sometimes whole batch screwed because of bad paeng (yeast).

I feel the worst tasting beer is the one with the equally worst name known to the Thais as something like Featherboy, see I can't even spell it. What do you guys think about this beer?
Federbrau lah. Think ever drank this but not much impression on the taste. Probably drank this in one of the open air beer garden in Suan Luang.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

its supposed to be a premium beer........

The worst imho is Archa and cheers.....the thais i know all turn their noses at the budget brands.......even the beer lao i bring back from Laos is not good enough for them.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, the beer I most wanted to drink is the original Guinness Stout. I have not been able to find a place that sell Guinness Stout. The closest I can get is the Guinness Draft which is too light and plain for me. Any bros know where can I get the Guinness stout (Not Guiness draft) in LOS?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, the beer I most wanted to drink is the original Guinness Stout. I have not been able to find a place that sell Guinness Stout. The closest I can get is the Guinness Draft which is too light and plain for me. Any bros know where can I get the Guinness stout (Not Guiness draft) in LOS?
I find it funny too that those angmo pubs serves Guinness draft but got no bottled or canned versions....you can try the hotels i think some of them have canned Guinness......all the thais i know dun fancy stout......

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

Come to think of it, I've never drunk any Thai beer before. When I toured Thailand, it was always Heineken which seemed to be easily available everywhere there.

I didn't notice that Guiness stout is so hard to find in Thailand but I remember drinking it in Thailand once. My tour guide was a stout drinker always seen holding an open can of Guiness sipping away. There was once he offered me a can since he noticed that I drink too. (Of course, I'd add that to his tips.) He was quite popular among our tourgroup with his fluent English and Chinese and funny jokes and tales along the way. But there were some aunties gossiping in whispers, worrying whether he was drunk or not. I was surprised that in Thailand tourguides are allowed to drink on the coach. In USA, even passengers aren't allowed to drink on the coach.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry I meant Yaso (Yasothon). So after buying two songkrang shirts (which of course is an excuse to date her, I don't like to wear flowery shirts) was invited to celebrate songkrang the real Thai style not farang or foreigner style. Stayed in her house for 5 days and party almost every night.

Eh...bro, can to share some details on the initial encounter ? Since you didn't like flowery shirts, how did you end up at Hazard section ? How did the conversation lead to an invitation ?

And Yasothon is damn far. And if you were @ Yasothon, it must be a village, living together with parents.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I drink Chang Gold because it's the cheapest - even cheaper than Leo.

Leo is very popular with local Thais. As for Singha, I find nothing spectacular about Singha even though the price is much higher than other Thai brands.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Ya Guinness is THE beer. I get my supply from my partner's brother who lives in Hattai or my southern salesman. Normally get 2 cartons total 48 cans. Oh I forgot to tell you they get it from the border. Let me know if you need some. I keep them in my office not home because my partners and I like it so we share. We often have one early in the morning before work.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I now quite headache. Now waiting for bus to Narita and got call from maid water in front of house driveway is waist deep and seem to be rising. Security advising residence to evacuate. But it's still not touching the building yet just car park area is flooded 10cm now as house is raised. I am reluctant for her to evacuate hoping water will go down. In a case like this she has 1m more before any water can get in. Don't know to gamble or not. Sigh!!!

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guinness stout is good. I usually drink that in Msia. There the price is only slightly higher than white beer. More worth to drink black stout. Sometimes in Sg coffeeshop when there're kakis ordering many bottles of this and that, I drink them mix LOL

Mix is quite nice and fun also. Half cooling half heaty. No so heaty as stout alone. Those who never try should try :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I find it funny too that those angmo pubs serves Guinness draft but got no bottled or canned versions....you can try the hotels i think some of them have canned Guinness......all the thais i know dun fancy stout......

Stout has been seen in supermarkets catering to farangs in Sukhumvit. First of all it's damn expensive I believe in the range of 300baht. Secondly most of us may not like it because it's the European regular Guinness which is weaker and less alcohol.

This brings me to the Guinness from waterholes they are also the weaker ones imported from Ireland. I think most of use prefer the Extra Stout, do you know that this stout is specially brew for the old British colonial Indies market meaning Extra Stout can only be found in countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Indiaa, Sri Lanka etc etc.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stout has been seen in supermarkets catering to farangs in Sukhumvit. First of all it's damn expensive I believe in the range of 300baht. Secondly most of us may not like it because it's the European regular Guinness which is weaker and less alcohol.

This brings me to the Guinness from waterholes they are also the weaker ones imported from Ireland. I think most of use prefer the Extra Stout, do you know that this stout is specially brew for the old British colonial Indies market meaning Extra Stout can only be found in countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Indiaa, Sri Lanka etc etc.
thanks for the heads up.......i wonder if there is a market for smuggled extra stout from malaysia.....catering to extra stout connoisseur

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes there're different grades and different logos too. Thai one I dont know. Never drink stout there before. Sg one is black dog showing red tongue. Msia one is black dog not showing tongue. Euro import one has no dog, only the Guinness strings logo. The strongest I think is Sg one.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Eh...bro, can to share some details on the initial encounter ? Since you didn't like flowery shirts, how did you end up at Hazard section ? How did the conversation lead to an invitation ?

And Yasothon is damn far. And if you were @ Yasothon, it must be a village, living together with parents.

First of all she was in Fashion Island standing at her counter. I was attracted by her golden tan skin and small but tight body. At the time my Thai was very bad. So I kaykay look at shirts and she came over to help. Obviously she know I couldn't speak Thai so she very daring tried to speak English. I said dating because many sales people when they hear you speak English they will literally run away. To cut the long story short she helped me buy 2 Songkrang shirts and I invited her for lunch on her off day. Ya the lunch turned into an all day event from lunch to afternoon tea to dinner then send her back to her apartment in Ramkhampaeng. One of the topic we talked was Songkrang and because I played the helpless role I she then asked me if I'd like to experience the real Songkrang at her moobaan. I said yes immediately but she said she got to ask permission from her mom first. Next day got the green light. At that time ingot no idea where Yaso is so I say I'd stay in a hotel and she laughed and said the nearest hotel is like a hundred kilos away. She told me I will stay in her room while she sleep with her mom and sister I mom's room.

She went home earlier while I took a flight to Ubon where she met me at airport and rented an Altis and drove to her village. Ended up party for 5 straight days with lots of Chang. Also ended up living with her for next 2 years in Bangkok.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
Federbrau lah. Think ever drank this but not much impression on the taste. Probably drank this in one of the open air beer garden in Suan Luang.

ya, drank federbrau in one of the rachatda disco called zaleng. it taste like beer mixed with water = diluted beer, and quite flat(no gas). i hate it.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

i know a few thai girls who like to drink stout. i asked them and they replied, 'kin beer dum mai wun'. dunno what logic is that..

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya, drank federbrau in one of the rachatda disco called zaleng. it taste like beer mixed with water = diluted beer, and quite flat(no gas). i hate it.

Talk about flat beer, the one I dislike most is Tsingtao. Sorry to all Chinese, it just happened that it's from China but it's supposedly founded by a German brewery. The next on my list of flat beer is Australian Foster. Never tried any Thai beer before, so no comment about that. I usually stick with Heineken or Carlsberg for my beer. However, I dislike Carlsberg special brew too. Too strong alcohol content also spoils what beer is supposed to taste like. If I want something strong, I'd go for whisky.