• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
You also uncle already cannot sleep ah so early come into SBF?

Novotel Manga Dua breakfast buffet not bad la everything also have but Nasi Padang no have la. Seriously pi, in Indonesia I very scare to eat nasi padang especially the really authentic shops where they serve you so many plates of dishes and even if you eat half they will charge you half and the other half they just pour in back into the pot. I thinks its not hygienic lor but I know its tradition for them and I respect this. I rather eat from stores who serve like our chap-chye-png style where you order and they just scoop one portion into your rice.

Good grief, pour back into pot! Why can't they just serve the portion ordered? What tradition is there to respect? They should learn civilization and hygiene!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You also uncle already cannot sleep ah so early come into SBF?

Novotel Manga Dua breakfast buffet not bad la everything also have but Nasi Padang no have la. Seriously pi, in Indonesia I very scare to eat nasi padang especially the really authentic shops where they serve you so many plates of dishes and even if you eat half they will charge you half and the other half they just pour in back into the pot. I thinks its not hygienic lor but I know its tradition for them and I respect this. I rather eat from stores who serve like our chap-chye-png style where you order and they just scoop one portion into your rice.
Yeah, early today cos' need to send vios for 30,000km maintenance. Have missed all appointments since 20,000. :biggrin:

Aiyah, don't think too much when dining overseas. Take it as an experience. Think there are high end outlets that do not practise this tradition. They just serve with smaller servings and not enough, can order another serving.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, early today cos' need to send vios for 30,000km maintenance. Have missed all appointments since 20,000. :biggrin:

Aiyah, don't think too much when dining overseas. Take it as an experience. Think there are high end outlets that do not practise this tradition. They just serve with smaller servings and not enough, can order another serving.

You machiam used car dealers in Pattaya leh. Driving Isuzu Max, bought Camry Hybrid, sold away Civic, riding a Suzuki, thinking of getting Kawasaki.:*: now sending Vios for maintenance.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Exactly I took it as an experience after a few time I enough liao. I not worry about me not finish food I worry about another pak and puan not finish and put back into pot.

You machiam used car dealers in Pattaya leh. Driving Isuzu Max, bought Camry Hybrid, sold away Civic, riding a Suzuki, thinking of getting Kawasaki.:*: now sending Vios for maintenance.

Chonburifc I think expert runroader need many vehicle to runroad.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GF drive Civic whereas I drive Isuzu dmax. Vios is a spare car. Occasionally rent out the vios during high season. Camry is a replacement for the old civic. Scoopy-i for buying cigarettes, beers and da bao food at nearby sois. Kawasaki KSR (in progress) is for upcountry.

But come to think about it, one vios in SG can buy one camry and one vios in LOS somemore got change to buy 2 scooters.

Exactly I took it as an experience after a few time I enough liao. I not worry about me not finish food I worry about another pak and puan not finish and put back into pot.

Chonburifc I think expert runroader need many vehicle to runroad.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
GF drive Civic whereas I drive Isuzu dmax. Vios is a spare car. Occasionally rent out the vios during high season. Camry is a replacement for the old civic. Scoopy-i for buying cigarettes, beers and da bao food at nearby sois. Kawasaki KSR (in progress) is for upcountry.

But come to think about it, one vios in SG can buy one camry and one vios in LOS somemore got change to buy 2 scooters.

You don't like that suan sinkies leh

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is nearly over for nikon. you can get your hands on nikon dslr soon.

Nikon has re-started limited production of DSLRs, following the flooding of its Thai factory, but does not expect to reach full production volumes again until March 2012. 'Alternative and limited production at our partner factories in Thailand has started earlier than expected,' a company statement says: 'we have started shipment of certain digital SLR camera and interchangeable lenses since November 30th.' The company also says the industrial park in which its main factory is based has now been pumped-out, allowing its preparation for resuming production. Nikon still estimates its lost sales at ¥65bn (around $840m).

Public statement:

4th Notice on the damage from the flood in Thailand

December 1, 2011

This is to advise you of the latest situations of Nikon (Thailand) Co., Ltd., A consolidated manufacturing subsidiary of Nikon Corporation in the Rojana Industrial Park in Ayutthaya Province located in Central Thailand, which is suffering damages from the flood.

Latest situations
Water pumping-out by the Rojana Industrial Park authority around Nikon (Thailand) Co., Ltd. Has completed on November 26. Following this development, we are putting all our energy into restoring infrastructure and production equipment of the factory aiming for some part of factory operation to resume from January 2012. Alternative and limited production at our partner factories in Thailand has started earlier than expected, and we have started shipment of certain digital SLR cameras and interchangeable lenses since November 30.

Estimated impact to our business performance
The impact of the flood to our business performance for the financial period ending March 31, 2012 is estimated, within the scope of our current findings and understanding, to push down net sales by 65 billion yen and operational income by 25 billion yen due to sales opportunity loss. While this estimation remains unchanged from our announcement on November 4, we assure you to immediately advise new findings once it is judged there will be an important change for it. We are continuing our minute investigation on the damage to the buildings and production equipment / tools from the flood.

Recovery
We have set up support and recovery system under the Emergency Headquarters for Disaster Control headed by the president and continuing our endeavor for recovery and normalization of production as early as possible. Our plan to resume production of digital SLRs and interchangeable lenses to the normal level of volume by the end of March 2012 remains unchanged.

We deeply apologize you for any inconvenience cause by the disaster such as short supply of our products.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You don't like that suan sinkies leh
Pay say, Pai say and my apologies to any bros who got offended with my post. No suan intended. Just feel the ruling party is screwing Singaporeans with the COE (Die for it). Even the insurance companies are charging ridiculously high premium and not forgeting the ERP (Everyday Rob People). While I support good transport system, but how much does Singaporeans benefit from the expensive transport system? Only consolation is the road in SG is in top condition all the time.
When runroad back to SG and then LOS? :smile:
ya, recently my sis inlaw bought a new scooby i for 44k baht. its like, less than 2k sgd!
Add in the plus plus should be close to 50K. Hope she did not get the Man-U special edition, damm malu to drive the Man-U scoopy-i. Any Kao Tao numbers? :biggrin: BTW, the winning number for yesterday is 02 and 47.

The scooters in Taiwan are better looking. But it's freaking cold here, so the fun of riding is lost.
The Thai Fino was inspired by Taiwan. Remember the song, Xin Tai Ruan (Xin Tai Ruan) by Ritchie Ren (Ren Xian Qi). Scoopy-I came quite late. Talking about ROC, really miss the snacks there. When runroad back to LOS? :smile:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Thai Fino was inspired by Taiwan. Remember the song, Xin Tai Ruan (Xin Tai Ruan) by Ritchie Ren (Ren Xian Qi). Scoopy-I came quite late. Talking about ROC, really miss the snacks there. When runroad back to LOS? :smile:

The scooters in Taiwan have smaller wheels compared to those in Thailand. They're genuinely scooters, and KYMCO seems to be the leader in the market. But Yamaha design stands out, I must say. BTW, now my biz partner and I are watching closely the Camry Hybrid which will soon be available in ROC. I'm just wondering if the Camry Hybrid will be cheaper than the Prius. The expected model has a 2.4 litre engine.

Return to LOS still pending. I'll be visiting the resting houses along the Highways next week. I'm not sure if you've been to any of those restring houses; it's just like those along the North-South Highway in Mudland, but on a much larger scale. My stuff are being sold there.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Kymco is chio, isn't it ? If only they're available in Thailand :smile:

Kymco_300i.png

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The scooters in Taiwan have smaller wheels compared to those in Thailand. They're genuinely scooters, and KYMCO seems to be the leader in the market. But Yamaha design stands out, I must say. BTW, now my biz partner and I are watching closely the Camry Hybrid which will soon be available in ROC. I'm just wondering if the Camry Hybrid will be cheaper than the Prius. The expected model has a 2.4 litre engine.

Return to LOS still pending. I'll be visiting the resting houses along the Highways next week. I'm not sure if you've been to any of those restring houses; it's just like those along the North-South Highway in Mudland, but on a much larger scale. My stuff are being sold there.
Actually I quite like the interior/dashboard of the Prius 1.8. But the back still look a little weird to me. It's actually black glass. Good to go for black color car because if go for other color, the black glass really stand out. Hybrid is the way to go considering the fuel savings.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When runroad back to SG and then LOS? :smile:

Back to Bangkok changed from Tuesday to Thursday.

BTW, now my biz partner and I are watching closely the Camry Hybrid which will soon be available in ROC. I'm just wondering if the Camry Hybrid will be cheaper than the Prius. The expected model has a 2.4 litre engine.

Toyota is launching their complete new Camry this or next month. It will be a 2.5 version. Current model is 2.4. However there is no news about this new model with hybrid so not sure Camry Hybrid will stay in current design or get a new car, I believe it will be the 2.5 new model.

I have been to Taiwan's highway rest point twice before and yes its very big. They have like a small shopping area but a large food court. It is always located at a beautiful location with great view so many Taiwanese drivers like to stop and rest and relax there. Hey congrats yourproducts ae on sale there. Cheers. If you have time and not been to the Taiwan Forbidden City Museum in Taipei its wort a trip there so see the treasures of teh imperial palace with great history of China and we Chinese people. I like it very much.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back to Bangkok changed from Tuesday to Thursday.

Toyota is launching their complete new Camry this or next month. It will be a 2.5 version. Current model is 2.4. However there is no news about this new model with hybrid so not sure Camry Hybrid will stay in current design or get a new car, I believe it will be the 2.5 new model.

I have been to Taiwan's highway rest point twice before and yes its very big. They have like a small shopping area but a large food court. It is always located at a beautiful location with great view so many Taiwanese drivers like to stop and rest and relax there. Hey congrats yourproducts ae on sale there. Cheers. If you have time and not been to the Taiwan Forbidden City Museum in Taipei its wort a trip there so see the treasures of teh imperial palace with great history of China and we Chinese people. I like it very much.

Just realise the battery will not take over when in cruise mode regardless of the cruising speed. Tried speeds from 110km/hr down to 40km/hr. I might be missing some steps. Clock over 500 km over the last week and the fuel consumption should be around 15-18 km/litre. Will know once I top up the tank.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just realise the battery will not take over when in cruise mode regardless of the cruising speed. Tried speeds from 110km/hr down to 40km/hr. I might be missing some steps. Clock over 500 km over the last week and the fuel consumption should be around 15-18 km/litre. Will know once I top up the tank.

Is Camry Hybrid cheaper than Prius ?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

When I changed from old non-hybrid Camry to new hybrid Camry I felt strange because after driving the car for almost a week still no need to topup. Now used to it.

Is Camry Hybrid cheaper than Prius ?

Current prices are:
Prius -> 1.19mil to 1.28mil
Camry Hybrid -> 1.619mil to 1.809mil

Although made in Thailand I do not consider Thai cars to be cheaper than many countries. A very good comparison is Taiwan a Camry 2.4 starts at 1.4mil while in Taiwan I understand its only 1mil or slightly more. I believe margins for cars sold here is very high.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I changed from old non-hybrid Camry to new hybrid Camry I felt strange because after driving the car for almost a week still no need to topup. Now used to it.

Current prices are:
Prius -> 1.19mil to 1.28mil
Camry Hybrid -> 1.619mil to 1.809mil

Although made in Thailand I do not consider Thai cars to be cheaper than many countries. A very good comparison is Taiwan a Camry 2.4 starts at 1.4mil while in Taiwan I understand its only 1mil or slightly more. I believe margins for cars sold here is very high.

Taiwan Camry 2.4 only TWD 889,000. Camry 2.0 only TWD 829,000.

Those are prices before bargain. In ROC, everything can bargain.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey congrats yourproducts ae on sale there.

Not sure whether to feel happy or not. The profit margin is very low when you do business with the big boys. And you don't get your money back until 60 days later.

Yes, the supermarkets are not the usual big ones, but the companies running those rest points are very big as their businesses are diversified.

btw, it's really hard work, practically knocking door to door and begging them to put my stuff on their shelves.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taiwan Camry 2.4 only TWD 889,000. Camry 2.0 only TWD 829,000.

Those are prices before bargain. In ROC, everything can bargain.

Current CAT B COE = SGD 77,340 = NT 1,809,330

Sinkieland COE CAT B COE alone without camry can in ROC buy two Camry 2.4 plus got change to buy another scooter.

No wonder, Temasek can lose money like no body business.:eek: