• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Auto execs are coming clean: EVs aren't working

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Norway is cold country, EV is also not suitable. When it is super cold, EVs can't start.

Friend in Korea told me that was it is cold (not super cold), eg. 5 degree celsius, his EV's mileage is only 1/3 for full charge.

Singapore don't have the operating environment issue but our CAT A EVs all tiny capacity, mileage 250km in Singapore. Responsible drivers will recharge when battery strength is less than 25%, so effective mileage is like 200km. When driving to KL on full charged battery, need to stop car 2x to charge and battery less than 20% when enter KL.
In short ev is not suitable for long road trip and cold weather

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
But ev is good for rich people who only use their car to buy grocery from cold storage or fetching their children to enrichment classes.
they park in car park can on engine and Aircon to.sleep. no need worry carbon monoxide poisoning or nea.lta fine them for leaving engine on

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
ev is dead. ai is king. apple just cancelled its ev project. 2000 employees will be transferred to its ai project.
EVs won't take off unless batteries can be recharged from 20% to 80% in 10 minutes and without compromising its battery life for at least 10 years. PANASONIC has been talking of their solid state batteries which can offer these characteristics and properties, but until today, is still in its developmental stage.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
I traveled to Jiuhu by car regularly and during lunar new year all the petrol stations were extremely congested. However I saw a few Singapore EV cars charging at the petrol stations. I really pitied them for wasting their time at petrol stations

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
I traveled to Jiuhu by car regularly and during lunar new year all the petrol stations were extremely congested. However I saw a few Singapore EV cars charging at the petrol stations. I really pitied them for wasting their time at petrol stations
petrol is very cheap in Malaysia, so nobody will steal these singaporeans' EV.

Even for my humble hyundai, my car door handle was damaged in Malaysia during a car-jack attempt.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
petrol is very cheap in Malaysia, so nobody will steal these singaporeans' EV.

Even for my humble hyundai, my car door handle was damaged in Malaysia during a car-jack attempt.
In Malaysia, I always park my car besides expensive and new cars so that people will look down at me and my car and not to target me. I am humble always try to avoid unnecessary attention there

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Norway is cold country, EV is also not suitable. When it is super cold, EVs can't start.

Friend in Korea told me that was it is cold (not super cold), eg. 5 degree celsius, his EV's mileage is only 1/3 for full charge.

Singapore don't have the operating environment issue but our CAT A EVs all tiny capacity, mileage 250km in Singapore. Responsible drivers will recharge when battery strength is less than 25%, so effective mileage is like 200km. When driving to KL on full charged battery, need to stop car 2x to charge and battery less than 20% when enter KL.
Long dustance driving no point having Ev's. But trucks delivering goods in city centres, its perfect,

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
EVs are 15-30% heavier than ICE vehicles. Tire manufacturer Michelin said conventional tires on electric vehicles consume tires 20 percent faster than on a gas-powered car — a figure commonly cited by EV makers as well — but Goodyear also has said they could wear up to 50 percent faster. Some studies have shown that tires actually have more particle pollution than exhaust, 2,000 times as much. “Tires are rapidly eclipsing the tailpipe as a major source of emissions from vehicles,” said Nick Molden, to the Guardian who conducted one study with Emissions Analytics.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/electr...-california-ban-gas-powered-vehicles-521b29e3