• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here we post our own photos one. Good or bad, still our own. Don't simply whack off their web site lah - does no justice to what I assume was a great stay of yours.

Your on-line reservation confirmation:
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
199 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
Tel. 61 (2) 9250-3100 Fax. 61 (2) 9251-2851
Monday, December 29th, 2013 – Saturday, January 3rd, 2014

The following is guaranteed by credit card.

@@@ @@@@

Grand Premier Full Harbour-View Room with one king bed
2 adults

Hotel confirmation number: 95##9574

Estimated total, including tax and service charges (AUD)*=3,885.00

Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts - Worldwide Reservations Office
1165 Leslie Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M3C 2K8
Telephone: 1 (416) 445-5050
Toll-free: 1 (800) 819-5053 (U.S.A. and Canada only)
[email protected]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know how to download my photos from my smart-phone!

Having spent S$4500 for my five night stay with them, who the fuck are you to tell me that I can't highjack the photo of my room from their website?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your on-line reservation confirmation:
Four Seasons Hotel Sydney
199 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
Tel. 61 (2) 9250-3100 Fax. 61 (2) 9251-2851
Monday, December 29th, 2013 – Saturday, January 3rd, 2014

The following is guaranteed by credit card.

@@@ @@@@

Grand Premier Full Harbour-View Room with one king bed
2 adults

Hotel confirmation number: 95##9574

Estimated total, including tax and service charges (AUD)*=3,885.00

Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts - Worldwide Reservations Office
1165 Leslie Street
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M3C 2K8
Telephone: 1 (416) 445-5050
Toll-free: 1 (800) 819-5053 (U.S.A. and Canada only)
[email protected]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know how to download my photos from my smart-phone!

Having spent S$4500 for my five night stay with them, who the fuck are you to tell me that I can't highjack the photo of my room from their website?

Dec 29th is a Sunday, jan 3 a Friday how come your dates are different days?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Balls to you understand you like to expose people is it? Different time zones cannot is it? You so smart is it?

different time zone means the date and the day will be different? That means all the dates and the days in the US are totally different from singapore.

Thanks for the up in rep.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
MAgci0F.jpg

Your phone camera is nice. Did you know there's an arp orb nuat the next street over, on the corner? It's been there for a long time.
There's a chicken rice place around here that my colleagues tell me is good - but I've never found it.

My company's preferred hotel is at the corner of Ratchadamnoen so I know this area well. I cut through Gaysorn often to shop at BigC.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your phone camera is nice. Did you know there's an arp orb nuat the next street over, on the corner? It's been there for a long time.
There's a chicken rice place around here that my colleagues tell me is good - but I've never found it.

My company's preferred hotel is at the corner of Ratchadamnoen so I know this area well. I cut through Gaysorn often to shop at BigC.

What is arp orb nuat? I was here on NYE boy was it crowded but still not as crowded as orchard. superrich still had a counter open. There is a shopping centre that has a grass patch that you can walk thru from it to the street area but i have forgotten what it's called.

TeamDrifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
different time zone means the date and the day will be different? That means all the dates and the days in the US are totally different from singapore.

Cheebye I meant to zap you but forgot to press the disagree button. Never mind later get my ninja friends to zap you.

Anyway booking is in USA and Australia is one day ahead so one day difference is natural. You think I stupid or what?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Regardless of the time zone difference, the day and date should be the same.

For example, I reside in Toronto, and it is 0022 hours (that is 12:22 am, 22 minutes past midnight) Eastern Standard Time, Sunday, January 12, 2014,
and if I remember correctly, it should be 1322 hours, Sunday, January 12, 2014 in Singapore.

Whereas from spring to fall, when we are on Eastern Daylight Savings Time, we are 12 hours behind Singapore.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is arp orb nuat?

Massage that is not traditional thai-style. A soapy massage is what farangs call it.

อาบอบนวด
อาบ=arp=bath
อบ=orb= has different meanings but here it is taken to mean a sauna
นวด=nuat=massage

Traditional Thai Style can be called:
นวด=nuat=massage
โบราณ=boran=ancient or "old-school" haha
or just simply,
"nuat thai"

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Time zone is a red herring here. There are no time zone issues. Reservations are printed with date/time of the local time.

For example, Bangkok (ICT) is in a different time zone from Singapore (SGT). You don't book a plane ticket departing BKK-SIN and expect to have the departure time in SGT timezone printed on it, do you?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For example, I reside in Toronto, and it is 0022 hours (that is 12:22 am, 22 minutes past midnight) Eastern Standard Time, Sunday, January 12, 2014,
and if I remember correctly, it should be 1322 hours, Sunday, January 12, 2014 in Singapore.

Whereas from spring to fall, when we are on Eastern Daylight Savings Time, we are 12 hours behind Singapore.

yup that's what i meant la. How can it dec 29th 13 ever be a monday for example?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Massage that is not traditional thai-style. A soapy massage is what farangs call it.

อาบอบนวด
อาบ=arp=bath
อบ=orb= has different meanings but here it is taken to mean a sauna
นวด=nuat=massage

Traditional Thai Style can be called:
นวด=nuat=massage
โบราณ=boran=ancient or "old-school" haha
or just simply,
"nuat thai"

Ah i see. To be honest such massage places are found everywhere in bkk.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Time zone is a red herring here. There are no time zone issues. Reservations are printed with date/time of the local time.

For example, Bangkok (ICT) is in a different time zone from Singapore (SGT). You don't book a plane ticket departing BKK-SIN and expect to have the departure time in SGT timezone printed on it, do you?

Agree re: local time printed on air tickets.

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dec 29th is a Sunday, jan 3 a Friday how come your dates are different days?

When I checked in, the dates and days were rectified. Reception manager explained that their reservation team probably made a mistake because of the 3 hour time difference with Sydney.

My staying at The Sydney Four Seasons dates back to 1985 when Sporean tycoon Mr Ang Keong Lan got the 80,000 sq ft of land at Circular Quay for free from PM Bob Hawke's govt to build the five star Regent Hotel.

In the early 90's, Mr Ang was in financial difficulties and he sold The Regent to Japanese investment firm EIE for A$150m.

By the late 90's EIE also went bust and The Regent was sold to The Four Seasons for under A$100m.

Today that property is worth more than a billion Dollars.

I still remember those days when The Regent first opened for business, a grand premier full harbor view room only cost me A$140.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I checked in, the dates and days were rectified. Reception manager explained that their reservation team probably made a mistake because of the 3 hour time difference with Sydney.

My staying at The Sydney Four Seasons dates back to 1985 when Sporean tycoon Mr Ang Keong Lan got the 80,000 sq ft of land at Circular Quay for free from PM Bob Hawke's govt to build the five star Regent Hotel.

In the early 90's, Mr Ang was in financial difficulties and he sold The Regent to Japanese investment firm EIE for A$150m.

By the late 90's EIE also went bust and The Regent was sold to The Four Seasons for under A$100m.

Today that property is worth more than a billion Dollars.

I still remember those days when The Regent first opened for business, a grand premier full harbor view room only cost me A$140.

rotikosong was telling you to post your own pics of the hotel room rather than taking it from a website not that he doesn't believe that you cannot afford a room at that hotel.

There isn't a need for you to post how much you paid for it and how long you stayed there. Any of your pics to share? :biggrin:

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
rotikosong was telling you to post your own pics of the hotel room rather than taking it from a website not that he doesn't believe that you cannot afford a room at that hotel.

There isn't a need for you to post how much you paid for it and how long you stayed there. Any of your pics to share? :biggrin:

I don't have this habit to take photos with my smart-phone and that's why when I recently stayed at The Kempinski Hotel in Bangkok, I also hijacked the photo of my room from their website.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?107933-A-Singaporean-s-guide-to-living-in-Thailand&p=1626581#post1626581

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wow nice can post your online reservation of it?

Dear Mr @@@,

Further to your request, we thank you for your interest in the Siam Kempinski Hotel Bangkok . We look forward to having you as our guest and are pleased to confirm your reservation as follows:

Confirmation Number @@@@63

Booking Details:

Arrival Date : 19 August 2013
Departure Date : 23 August 2013
Nights : 4
Number of Guests : 2 Adults
Accommodation Type : 1 Premier Room
Room Rate : THB xx,xxx.23 net per room per night

Method of Guarantee : Guaranteed by credit card

Room rate is inclusive of service charge 10% and Vat (Currently 7%) Room rate excludes daily breakfast

We would like to inform you that our check-in time is 15:00 h, while check-out time is at noon on the day of departure. Early check-in and late check-out are available upon request and will be charged accordingly.

Full prepayment with non cancellation and non refundable

Pick-up / Drop-off confirmation

In addition, transportation can be arranged at the prices listed below :

• Private car : BMW Series 7 THB 2,800 net per car per way (max 3 adults)
• Private van : Volkswagen Van THB 3,000 net per van per way (max 5 adults)

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
At the Chaophya Riverside at Bang Pa In, north of Bangkok for lunch popular for the BBQ river prawns filled with cholesterol laden roe

Somtam

River catfish - pla-nuea-on

Mushrooms

Fish cake

Only thing expensive are the prawns 500 baht each or $20

Only $85 with a big Singha