• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
joetys;1628449 [URL=http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/joetys/media/SBF/null-1291.jpg.html said:
null-1291.jpg
[/URL]

With lots of vege inside

This one looks good.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
An all time favourite breakfast for me, think of home and mama, in a fairy tale land far far away.

Meesua with fried eggs and some minced pork

null_zps68417e32.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This one looks good.

Yea tony, not bad. Only thing is its got a few slices of parma ham in it however once removed its a vege dish. Wife said next time she want the ham remove especially for a all vege breakfast. Tony the crust of this La Focaccia is so crispy and the dough so fresh you can almost taste the fresh flour. Simply enjoyable.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yea tony, not bad. Only thing is its got a few slices of parma ham in it however once removed its a vege dish. Wife said next time she want the ham remove especially for a all vege breakfast. Tony the crust of this La Focaccia is so crispy and the dough so fresh you can almost taste the fresh flour. Simply enjoyable.

where did you get the pizza, can i have the address of that place?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
where did you get the pizza, can i have the address of that place?

Scoozi is a restaurant chain in Thailand serving Italian pastas. And because its a chain don't expect it to be 100% Italian however it's as close as it can get and I'm very happy with them. I must say they are totally different from the other pasta or pizza joints in that like I'd said, their products are seriously close to Italian and clientele is middle class and perhaps foreigners too. The others like Pizza Hut etc caters to locals with local taste and thick crusts that Thais like. Scoozi outlets are mostly located in malls. They do home deliveries too if there is a Scoozi nearby.

For location and menu you can find them in their website - http://www.scoozipizza.com/en/index.php

If you go to post 11176 above you can see a short video I took of the restaurant I was in located in a brand new mall called The Promenade. This is a small mall connected to Fashion Island. Specially developed for more hiso people living around there with nice restaurants and shops but not those branded fashion stuff. You can find the Promenade website here - http://www.thepromenade.co.th/

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks pal.

oh i been there before, i just didn't take any notice of the name. haha.. i didn't know they got this veggie pizza, will go and try it soon.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thanks pal.

oh i been there before, i just didn't take any notice of the name. haha.. i didn't know they got this veggie pizza, will go and try it soon.

Tony, I thought you may like this, wife bought from Sapporo airport when she back, the tao-sar in-between this is frighteningly thick but delicious and not too sweet. Love it with coffee

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Was with a fellow SBF forumer for dinner at Nathong Seafood restaurant last night. Had a great time and following dinner went do some shooting . . . . . . at All Star driving range

Joe, Seems like Nathong is the initiation for SBF bros who hooked up with u at LOS.:biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Joe, Seems like Nathong is the initiation for SBF bros who hooked up with u at LOS.:biggrin:

What's with you lately? Quiet. Last night's dinner's with our wala friend. Here for trade fair la. Ya Nathong is always a good choice for authentic Thai food.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tony, I thought you may like this, wife bought from Sapporo airport when she back, the tao-sar in-between this is frighteningly thick but delicious and not too sweet. Love it with coffee

Looks good... hope to have the chance to try it.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey guys do you think if you open a bank with branches in thailand and singapore say cimb www.cimbbank.com.sg and withdraw money from their thai atms would you get the best rates and 0 transaction fees?

Does UOB bank have branches in thailand?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good dinner at Issaya Siamese Club

Had a great dinner at Issaya Siam Club other night with 2 colleagues (work trip). Me no foodie, but can appreciate diff between average and fine dining.

Nice ambience, like a thai colonial settings -alfresco garden and full height glass windows, with easy sofas seating. Also spied upstairs, amazing living room and dining room furnitures. Total bill for 3 (no wine) came up to bht3800 (S$155) -not cheap for Bkk standard, but unbeatable vs back home Sg.

Food is a bit Thai fusion, and personally like not too strong flavours (associated with thai food with all the herbs and spices) -blame it on my sinkie bland taste buds.

I was misled 2 Bkk colleagues wanted to bring me to some hiso girlie club (as name suggests)

362347FA-FC47-4D81-9358-0307A0F1F446-149-00000009D1A9DE31_zps0b6fd01d.jpg

Outdoors, frontage

2B9556BE-28CD-4CF9-95F9-ED435463EEDF-149-00000009D779DECA_zps9b8f207e.jpg

Sofa seating, with tall glass windows

C3BED066-182E-4C88-91EA-A5BA0B653199-149-00000009DC067795_zpscfe59b33.jpg

F0B66F07-AE51-45C1-B1ED-FB7DD371353F-149-00000009E18EAB17_zpsc2b2a05d.jpg

Some northern rice with mushrooms

4767DC59-DD3F-426C-AC87-57E3B6F04205-149-00000009EF277B71_zps904a11a6.jpg

Squids and prawn curry

E75B55E7-E41D-41F3-AFCD-C0AF24443181-149-00000009F4D4E3EC_zpsfc206e6e.jpg