• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Today's slice of big mango?

That stuff still there in BKK, 15 years after the crisis.
Most visible is the ghost building in Bangrak area, behind Lebua. Still there.
The entire building is used as a giant advertising billboard.
Cost too much to demolish and cost too much to rehabilitate.

Also the numerous columns for an elevated highway that never got built.

Those, plus the huge shell of a Boeing 747 in Ramkhamheang are among the unique sights of Bangkok.

Opposite the old Danang airport I notice there is what seems incomplete extensions to some kind of elevated road. Anyone know the story behind this?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Beef soup Ampal Dagoh - very similar to our kambing soup

Reminds of Indonesian Laksa. Indonesian laksa is different from the Spore Spore version. The dish uses white noodles something like beehoon & the suntan(soup) has shrimps in it. Very delicious:smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Saw the above and wonders how immigration officer verify the ninjas, finally yes they have to lift the veil to show face.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Reminds of Indonesian Laksa. Indonesian laksa is different from the Spore Spore version. The dish uses white noodles something like beehoon & the suntan(soup) has shrimps in it. Very delicious:smile:

Never know there is Indonesian laksa. Will try next trip. Thanks.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw the above and wonders how immigration officer verify the ninjas, finally yes they have to lift the veil to show face.

This is a pretty common in Bangkok airport too especially at night when Emirates, Qatar, Etihad etc depart. Just like you, many years ago I too was curious.
But now one can see the Niqab in many European and Asian airports. Not so much in North America though.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes now waiting at the lounge in Jakarta Airport. But only for a week in Bangkok. [video=youtube;YAa2tjRbqy0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAa2tjRbqy0[/video]
hopefully u didn;t see any eye sore kelings before boarding the plane or had to sit next to one.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Was waiting for my ride at the departure hall door 7 saw a group of about 6 Indians with like more than 10 trolleys of betel leaves. My question is is it worth to fly in buy and bring back as in check-in luggages? Profit margin must be really good for them.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Back to civilization, LOL. Tapas Cafe. Sukhumvit Soi 11.

null-299.jpg

null-590.jpg

Cheers a red by Dehesa Gago from Toro.

null-1122.jpg

For the wine

null-1031.jpg

Some vege so I not feel so guilty

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Waiting for my brunch at Scoozi

[video=youtube;oMkn9qp5iSc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMkn9qp5iSc[/video]

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
There are many Scoozi restaurants in Thailand and its like one of those really good Italian pizzas around the rest are just awful with thick crusts that Thais like.

1. Disvola Pizza

La Focaccia

With lots of vege inside

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never know there is Indonesian laksa. Will try next trip. Thanks.

Just ask a local they should be able to tell you where to go.

You might also want to try the otak. The one that is made of fish & is white in color. Not the red kind that is common in places like Batam.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Was with a fellow SBF forumer for dinner at Nathong Seafood restaurant last night. Had a great time and following dinner went do some shooting . . . . . . at All Star driving range

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Seafood tomyam
null_zps891f76db.jpg

Carfish salad
null_zps66d44788.jpg

Fried bitter gourd leaves
null_zps9175c719.jpg

Seabass deepfried with sweet fish sauce
null_zpsb68d08db.jpg

Sweet and sour giant prawns
null_zpse6fd2dfd.jpg

Salted fish fried rice
null_zps2e8d8f98.jpg

of course dinner came with the mandatory Hennessy

All these food comes up to only $50 if you take away cost of hennessy, good food good company

null_zpsa89bd9a1.jpg