• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
That's why it's cute. Don't forget it's fold-able.

Ok I understand. I am happy that my supplier's factories in Gangshan started activities yesterday. Should be full gear by Thursday. But they will be shipping out my first 3 containers this Friday from the production before shutdown. Cannot 喘气.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Goodnight guys, just finished a bottle of red with wife and a Eva Cassidy's album.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last 2 days very busy with last minute work at new office. The 3G router turn out to be a 3G Aircard plugged into a modem. Using AIS 3G with reasonable speed. Telephone and fax lines not ready yet but numbers are ready. A few more things to settle before I can post here.

Have a nice day.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For Look Toong music lovers. Most locals don't even bother to buy CD/VCD/DVD or even download cos' there are so many Look Toong stations in LOS. 5 Out of 10 stations in Pattaya are playing Look Toong music. For Look Toong mp3/CD/VCD/DVD, you can get it between THB 100-300 at Tuk Com in Pattaya. For BKK, think Pantip should have.

The other popular music are "Sa Tring", string and Pleng Puea Chiwit (Song for Life). Prefer Puea Chiwit Songs. One of the best artisit is Vid Hyper. Search for Vid Hyper in youtube.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

Hi, obviously its seems like LOS is very laid-back MAI PEN RAI(MPR) lifestyle; which I very much favoured too for retirement;
having explored W.Malaysia n the Philippines.
And that u, Chonburi, Narong, KYP,johnny,etc are MPR ambassadors/dictionaries. ..... I hv couple of ???

1. What website do u know of in search of Thai Music(Lukthung) open-air concerts in Provinces(not BKK).

2. Buying property/condo in provinces without Thai partner.

Tks
Hi Melzp,

Current law, it is not possible to own landed property under foreigner name but you can own it via company (company require a Thai name). For condos, yes. As long as the local/foreigner ratio is met, you can own condos under foreigner names. A condo under foreigner name has a higher price because he can sell to both foreigners and locals especially for those popular ones. Since condo properties are reasonably cheap, most foreigners just buy it under their local partner's name.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

How much are you paying for broadband services?
Is it for unlimited connection or do they limit you to a fixed number of hours?
Broadband is getting cheaper due to the competition. I cannot remember the price and speed I subscribed to but it should be around THB 599 or THB 699.
Currently, I am using 3G (AIS) Aircard for my notebook and I am satisfy with the speed. Paying THB 799/mth for unlimited traffic. There are also various package based on time or traffic. Another thing is 3G is only available in certain areas and in areas where 3G is not available, it is quite slow.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Rent an automatic scooter for about THB 150-200 a day or THB 2500-3500 a month. Riding License not required but good to have for insurance purpose. If you are on non tourist VISA, you can get a riding license in 1-2 days. Most locals don't even have one. If you are holding class 2/2A/2B or class 3, just get it converted.

Personally, I think bicycle especially the electric powered ones are quite dangerous as they are very quiet.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Last 2 days very busy with last minute work at new office. The 3G router turn out to be a 3G Aircard plugged into a modem. Using AIS 3G with reasonable speed. Telephone and fax lines not ready yet but numbers are ready. A few more things to settle before I can post here.

Have a nice day.

Opening ceremony call me na, I come help 放炮 for you heng heng na.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rent an automatic scooter for about THB 150-200 a day or THB 2500-3500 a month. Riding License not required but good to have for insurance purpose. If you are on non tourist VISA, you can get a riding license in 1-2 days. Most locals don't even have one. If you are holding class 2/2A/2B or class 3, just get it converted.

Personally, I think bicycle especially the electric powered ones are quite dangerous as they are very quiet.

Hello ? People talking about RoC leh.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Saw this car last week while having dinner guess what car is this? Look closely.

PhotoJan2582002PM.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This is a very rare 1971 registered Toyota Crown MS51 Coupe. Cool right? Only 5 left in Thailand the owner of this car told me. The seats are still original. Love it man.

PhotoJan2582027PM.jpg

PhotoJan2582209PM.jpg

PhotoJan2582306PM.jpg