• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
errrrr chonburifc and yinyang, I think that night I drunk and slipped my tongue by mentioning a secret ingredient in this. Please keep to yourself please please please my future depends on this secret. .
Slip of tongue, no fault of mind. No worries, I'm no foodie -unlike you both esteemed bros. It's safe with me, as greek to me +555.

Joetys, on your dental job -you not alone with phobia on THAT chair. Helps with a suai nurse to give you gargle, wipe off your (drooling?) mouth hehehe. My dentist dished out his advice -lay off sweets, flossing and other oral hygiene. I held back urge to tell him -if we all disciplined, may mean less business for him what! But jokes aside, watch it to avoid kena expensive crowning:o

Back to daily grind in SG, and doing about turn 24hrs tomorrow for Bangers. But as some famous guy said, I'll be back (private and business...).

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

haven't been to LOS since then because of health reasons. This year I feel good enough to go travelling again. However I was thinking of visiting Hatyai. Haven't been there for 10+ years. Then I might go further north. I really want to take a look at Changmai.
Good to hear you on your feet again. Bkk's also has a thriving medical industry (and not just a boob job:o)

Hatyai looks like a border Msian town, popular with weekend Msians. Similiar topo with rubber plantations and some muslim community. You get away with spoken teochew/hokkien ("ah hia"). Tiger's back, a bit over 1 hour with bus road trip 14hrs (900kms).

Chiangmai is more laid back (than Bkk), also a farang retirees place. Topo's different from central and south, with distinct Lanna culture.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hi Guys,

Today, I 'eat snake' a little bit. :biggrin: Back to my apartment for a quick shower. Some problems with TRUE (LOS Cable TV and Broadband provider). They have no "COAXEL" cable to my new office and quote me quite high just to run 70 meter length of cable into my new office. My ex-colleague in IT told me there are 3G routers which functions like ADSL modem/Router/Wireless.

Now going back to office. :smile:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Hi Guys,

Today, I 'eat snake' a little bit. :biggrin: Back to my apartment for a quick shower. Some problems with TRUE (LOS Cable TV and Broadband provider). They have no "COAXEL" cable to my new office and quote me quite high just to run 70 meter length of cable into my new office. My ex-colleague in IT told me there are 3G routers which functions like ADSL modem/Router/Wireless.

Now going back to office. :smile:

For me I am still in MK lunching with partners and doing our 4th bottle of red. There are 3 of us here. Should finish by 5pm just nice to take a shower at home and do some more work.

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

For me I am still in MK lunching with partners and doing our 4th bottle of red. There are 3 of us here. Should finish by 5pm just nice to take a shower at home and do some more work.

I love MK too... the dipping sauce is heavenly.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good to hear you on your feet again. Bkk's also has a thriving medical industry (and not just a boob job:o)

With the more laid back lifestyle in LOS I hope I won't need to use their medical services
However one of the factors that attracted me to LOS is the good & cheap medical services. For example they offer EECP treatments in BKK. This treatment isn't even available in Spore:eek:

The hospitals in BKK also offers stem cell treatment, something that I may pursue if my condition worsens

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Some problems with TRUE (LOS Cable TV and Broadband provider). They have no "COAXEL" cable to my new office and quote me quite high just to run 70 meter length of cable into my new office. My ex-colleague in IT told me there are 3G routers which functions like ADSL modem/Router/Wireless.

How much are you paying for broadband services?
Is it for unlimited connection or do they limit you to a fixed number of hours?

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

After reading the posts in this thread.. I like bangkok and Thailand even more.. haha... :smile:

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have to say yesterday's trial was pretty successful so this morning woke at 6am used yesterday's stock to cook another round of chicken and the rice and brought to office for staff to try. The verdict is they prefer my cooking than whatever they have eaten so far because (1) rice is so fragrant that they can just eat it by itself with our thick soya sauce, (2) the chicken is tastier, (3) the chicken is juicier and softer.

(4) because you're the boss, naturally they will not say things that will cause you 'sia na';
(5) because it's free ! mai sia taang is of cos better

....don't be angry hor :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I love MK too... the dipping sauce is heavenly.

I don't like the sauce, hell I don't like steam boats, but majority wins

(4) because you're the boss, naturally they will not say things that will cause you 'sia na';
(5) because it's free ! mai sia taang is of cos better

....don't be angry hor :biggrin:

Hey buddy feedback not directly to me but through another person . . . . one thing negative is I did not provide their Thai sauce, I believe you know which one that goes with Thai chicken rice, the sweet black soya sauce with vinegar and tao-jiu and ginger and chilli. I guess in Thailand this sauce is a must. Anyway this is easy as maid can do this no problem.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

How much are you paying for broadband services?
Is it for unlimited connection or do they limit you to a fixed number of hours?

I've used True, TOT and currently 3BB services. I have to say TOT is the worst. True in my estate is full so I chose 3BB. I have to say that 3BB is the most popular now and I guess also the most reliable. I am paying 1,400 THB for 12M download / 1M upload speed. I need the speed because I installed a box for my TV which I could watch about 50 channels (mostly Taiwan and some HK) via internet.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey buddy feedback not directly to me but through another person . . . . one thing negative is I did not provide their Thai sauce, I believe you know which one that goes with Thai chicken rice, the sweet black soya sauce with vinegar and tao-jiu and ginger and chilli. I guess in Thailand this sauce is a must. Anyway this is easy as maid can do this no problem.

Don't talk so much. Mail one packet complete with 'wan swee' and 'tee boon' to Taiwan. I will appraise :smile: For I'm ....
.。

1199803042.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

You are what KYP cannot see image leh

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Aiya when you come back here I will cook specially for you la. Then you can give me your comments.

Hey its cold in Taiwan now do wear an extra underwear to keep warm.

Refresh :):):)

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hey its cold in Taiwan now do wear an extra underwear to keep warm.

It's indeed cold in Taiwan (and humid), but I don't have to wear extra underwear to keep warm. I look at this pic to keep myself HOT instead:)

600full-marsha-wattanapanich.jpg

rectmobile

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't talk so much. Mail one packet complete with 'wan swee' and 'tee boon' to Taiwan. I will appraise :smile: For I'm ....
.。

1199803042.jpg

watching this in youtube... aaaahhhhhhh

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Having my 3rd glass of Cordon Bleu (neat) now and enjoying Feed Me To The Fish blog. Missed this blog since going home for CNY. Really enjoying the posts and my brandy of course. What a match.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

It's indeed cold in Taiwan (and humid), but I don't have to wear extra underwear to keep warm. I look at this pic to keep myself HOT instead:)

Please la KYP you're in ROC no need to look at this photo la. Most 台妹 better than this right?